Also, when people are tired, the repercussions can be way more serious than when phones are tired. An over-tired phone just turns itself off. An over-tired person, on the other hand, forgets to turn stuff off, like the burner under the tea kettle, except he doesn’t have a tea kettle and what he thought was the burner is actually just a lamp, and so now, everyone at the tea party is going to be disappointed, or they would be if he remembered to invite them over. Also, how long has he been in in this tub and why didn’t he take off his hiking boots?
Doesn’t sound like much fun, huh? That’s why you need to develop healthy sleep habits, which just happens to be the topic of today’s Sean Adams University of Business Management Development Leadership summer elective course! So please, read on if you want helpful hints for how to get your rest the right way!
1. If you’re having trouble sleeping, close your eyes and count sheep. If you don’t have to close your eyes to count sheep, that means there are a bunch of real sheep in your bedroom, which would explain why you’re having trouble sleeping.
2. Are you having trouble falling asleep? Well, you’re not alone. This is something called Sleeper’s Block and it’s a problem that most people face at some point in their lives. The best way to get over it is to bring a journal to bed, open to a blank page, and just jot down a bunch of random ideas to sleep about, no matter how stupid you think they sound.
3. Always sleep with one eye open; this way, if someone’s coming to wake you up, you’ll see him and be able to wake up in time to let him know that you’re sleeping soundly and you’d appreciate it if he’d leave it that way.
4. If you need white noise to sleep, put a fan somewhere in your room and turn it on. If you need a sense of danger to sleep, put a fan somewhere in your bed and turn it on.
5. One reason people don’t get enough sleep is because being awake is way more fun. But it doesn’t have to be that way! You can make sleep seem more exciting. How? By making the rest of your life way LESS exciting. For example, do you like playing ping pong? Well, consider replacing that with another hobby, like thinking about strawberry seeds or touching the inside of your socks. Then you’ll be super psyched to hit the sack!
Those are my ideas for a good night's sleep. Now, why don't you share yours in the comments below?