Friday, December 16

Flash Deals ON HIATUS

by Scott Lydon


Many of you might have noticed our previous blog post about our Flash Deals sale. Well, guess what? We sold out! We sold out of EVERYTHING! The Flash Deals experiment was such as success we finished faster than we even expected! HOORAY FOR YOU and to a lesser extent us!

So what happens next? Well, first our Flash Deals take a little break as we review what we've learned and consider how to make it better. To that end, you might be getting a little email questionnaire in the next week or so. We hope you'll fill it out honestly so we can know what was good and what was bad.

After that, keep one eye peeled. Because, before too long, you might just see our friends the Flash Deals right back on Woot again!

read more…


Monday, November 21

Welcome Flash Deals, Hurrah, Hurrah

by Scott Lydon

SO HERE'S THE DEAL,EVERYONE. Right now, you might be noticing something appearing in the corner of the site. You might be noticing that a page like this is visible. You might be noticing the something is calling itself "Woot Flash Deals" as it sits there all smug and discounted. You might even be wondering what this something is all about. WELL, WONDER NO MORE!


The Woot Flash Deals are, plain and simple, stuff our cyborgs are borrowing from Amazon Overstock and marking down about 30% to 40%. That's right. You've got a chance to get all kinds of things for 30% to 40% cheaper than you did before. What's the catch? Only one: you've gotta be QUICK ABOUT IT as each Woot Flash Deal has a limited supply. When it's gone, it's gone, and that's that. Also some of the product details might be missing because our cyborgs are still in beta and learning what's important. Pretend you see that "Under Construction" gif that was everywhere back in 1999.

In the meantime, do your part to help our cyborgs justify their post-human business decisions. Consume their offerings. Embetter yourself. Embetter your world. FLASH WILL SAVE EVERY ONE OF US.

read more…


Tuesday, October 28

Item-Level Tracking: It’s Here!

by Scott Lydon

How many times have YOU formed an angry mob and marched on Woot HQ to demand item-level tracking? By our count… never. And we’d like to keep it that way. That’s why you’ll be noticing that you can now visit your order page and look at each individual item*, learn where it is, consider what it needs and desires, and prepare your home for what day it should be arriving. No more angry cries of “WHERE IS THE SECOND HALF OF MY ORDER?” and “WHY ARE YOU HIDING MY TRACKING INFORMATION?” Now it’s just click and read and done. So simple even our writing team could understand it.

See? Head on over to your order page and check it out. We think you’ll be pleased.

* Notice the asterisk? That’s because when we say “each individual item” we don’t mean items shipping from our Carrollton offices or items you buy from Shirt.Woot. They work a little different for now. But don’t panic. We hope to force them to also track neatly just as soon as we are able. Also it’s worth mentioning “Something Shipped”. What that means is our computer has noticed that some/all of your order has shipped, but can’t tell exactly what/how much! We’re a little embarrassed we didn’t get it perfect but it’s all a good step forward, right?

read more…


Tuesday, December 17

Amazon Payments: Free Shipping If You're Fast Enough

by Scott Lydon

Do you like to buy things? Do you like to buy things from Woot? Do you like to buy things using our new Amazon Payments option? Do you like to get free shipping for using Amazon Payments? If you fit all these options, then you might be interested in this.

For a super limited time, is bragging about Amazon Payments by offering a serious shipping deal for anybody who pays via our Amazon Payments system (which is that thing we told you about back here). Here's the short version: log in with your Amazon Payments account to find a five dollar shipping coupon waiting patiently for you in your cart, which we'll apply if you pay with Amazon Payments. It'll appear just above the total over on the right. That shipping coupon means (duh) you'll be saving some money on shipping!

If you choose Standard Shipping, your shipping will be free! Hurrah! If you choose Expedited Shipping (like second day or overnight) that shipping will be five dollars cheaper! Huzzah! Either way, you save five bucks. It'll be a coupon that appears before the tax and it'll be nice and obvious once you take a gander at your cart. Go on, Login and Pay with Amazon and see.

Oh, you'll find all the official legal Terms & Conditions just after the jump, so we invite you to click through and look at that part of the post too. Then rush to your cart and BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

read more…