quality posts: 0 Private Messages looking4fun

What happened to kids.woot?

squeakerroo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squeakerroo

I would like to know that myself!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wooters have complained that we had too many sites/categories so we're trimming down. We will continue to look for good deals for Kids & Fashion and present these on our other sites - Home, Sport, etc.

Kids items were presented on the Home tab before we created Kids so back to the old way.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

LordEddy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LordEddy

Same here. My wife just noticed it missing yesterday.

ThunderThighs

Staff

LordEddy wrote:Same here. My wife just noticed it missing yesterday.

It's been gone since July 1.

The fact that you only just now noticed is one of the reasons it's gone. LOL

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

kmm002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmm002

I say bring back kids, get rid of sellout and flash deals, and change the format back.

Hate the new format with a passion! Good for my work though since I haven't been coming to woot nearly as often since rolling it out.

kbsig106

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kbsig106

RIP - Kids Woot

DustyJello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DustyJello

Staff

kmm002 wrote:I say bring back kids, get rid of sellout and flash deals, and change the format back.

Hate the new format with a passion! Good for my work though since I haven't been coming to woot nearly as often since rolling it out.

What do you hate most about it? What are we missing?

WE'RE NOT MIND READERS BUT I ONE TIME I READ SOMEONE'S PALM SO IF YOU WANNA COME OVER WE CAN TEST IT OUT AGAIN

riknik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages riknik

Staff

DustyJello wrote:What do you hate most about it? What are we missing?

WE'RE NOT MIND READERS BUT I ONE TIME I READ SOMEONE'S PALM SO IF YOU WANNA COME OVER WE CAN TEST IT OUT AGAIN

Speak for yourself. Some of us have additional powers.

indiegeek

quality posts: 6 Private Messages indiegeek
DustyJello wrote:What do you hate most about it? What are we missing?

Honestly? From someone who's been a long-time wooter that just kinda gave up on Woot in a prolonged manner?

I started wooting back... not too long after the beginning - there were flakes of gold in the crap then, like Woot had spent the last week pounding Goldschlager, but you had to have the fortitude to plow through it, and to be able to recognize a good deal when it came through.

Then came Amazon - and....I watched. And it was kind of okay for a while, but then it started looking (and this is from someone who works for a vendor that you've been a clearinghouse for...) like "Here. Take Amazon's returns, please. We're no longer so much interested in throwing out good deals alongside our "interesting" stuff as we are in clearing out this warehouse so it can hold more returns"

The forum staff and writers have remained wonderful (not sucking up! serious!) - but... whatever this site is, it's not Woot anymore. It hasn't been for a long time.

[EDIT : Since apparently everything I say is going to have "Verified Vendor Representative" at the bottom of it, consider this a disclaimer that says that these opinions are mine and mine alone, and you should still buy all our stuff here.]

therealjrn

quality posts: 84 Private Messages therealjrn
indiegeek wrote:Honestly? From someone who's been a long-time wooter that just kinda gave up on Woot in a prolonged manner?

I started wooting back... not too long after the beginning - there were flakes of gold in the crap then, like Woot had spent the last week pounding Goldschlager, but you had to have the fortitude to plow through it, and to be able to recognize a good deal when it came through.

Then came Amazon - and....I watched. And it was kind of okay for a while, but then it started looking (and this is from someone who works for a vendor that you've been a clearinghouse for...) like "Here. Take Amazon's returns, please. We're no longer so much interested in throwing out good deals alongside our "interesting" stuff as we are in clearing out this warehouse so it can hold more returns"

The forum staff and writers have remained wonderful (not sucking up! serious!) - but... whatever this site is, it's not Woot anymore. It hasn't been for a long time.

[EDIT : Since apparently everything I say is going to have "Verified Vendor Representative" at the bottom of it, consider this a disclaimer that says that these opinions are mine and mine alone, and you should still buy all our stuff here.]

Nice save Mike I remember you from before, I especially liked this thread with you and ADQ...

I don't know if Woot can "come back" or not. But I think they are trying to change. And I'm nothing if not about redemption.

Good seeing you around, man.

claimjump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claimjump

Yeah, i COMPLAINED, GOT A LAME,HERE HAVE $5.00 ON US. Haven't been back since July 5 until today to see if anyone else had noticed they are only selling crap, not deals. So sad.

DustyJello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DustyJello

Staff

indiegeek wrote:Honestly? From someone who's been a long-time wooter that just kinda gave up on Woot in a prolonged manner?

Interesting. We're currently in an effort to get back to some of those gold deals and less just clearing out junk. It's a slow process, but just know that we're aware of what we have become and we are actively working on getting back to our roots.

wkearney99

quality posts: 14 Private Messages wkearney99

If anything had kept me checking woot with some regularity it was the kids stuff. Great to find deals on what will probably only be a temporarily fun toy anyway.

Bring back kids.woot, please.

therealjrn

wkearney99 wrote:If anything had kept me checking woot with some regularity it was the kids stuff. Great to find deals on what will probably only be a temporarily fun toy anyway.

Bring back kids.woot, please.

I see 5 nice deals in Kids & Toys today on 7/22/17.

lloyddonna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyddonna

Where is my kids woot? I have a new grand baby and need and miss my woot kids! Wait! There's Homework?, loosing business dear! Plz rethink this!

lloyddonna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyddonna

I NEVER typed " Wait! There's homework" dorks!

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

lloyddonna wrote:I NEVER typed " Wait! There's homework" dorks!

You typed double you tee eff, right? Yeah, we know what it means. And so does the word filter. Wooters understand.

Kids.woot has been gone for over three months now. If you read the previous replies, you'll see why it was removed and that the deals, when they come, are posted on home.woot.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

therealjrn

H.E. double-toothpicks I don't like homework either.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

How many were kids.woot purchases out of those two?

Random13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Random13

This my first time on this Site, & I can't find the kids woot. You see, I'm a Transformers figure collector.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Random13 wrote:This my first time on this Site, & I can't find the kids woot. You see, I'm a Transformers figure collector.

I'm sorry but we retired our kids site at the first of July.

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
Random13 wrote:This my first time on this Site, & I can't find the kids woot. You see, I'm a Transformers figure collector.

If this is the first time on this site, how did you know there was a kids.woot?

VOTE >

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

acraigl wrote:If this is the first time on this site, how did you know there was a kids.woot?

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington

You should start collecting Dyson vacuum cleaners instead.
Woot has lots of them!!

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

I didn't even know there was a kids.woot.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
hot72chev wrote:I didn't even know there was a kids.woot.

A what?

therealjrn

Kids can't even have a credit card. Pretty silly of Woot to try to sell to them.

therealjrn

Unless...was Woot selling baby goats? Because totes I'd be all over that deal.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 33 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut
therealjrn wrote:Unless...was Woot selling baby goats? Because totes I'd be all over that deal.

We did the market research on this, and it turns out that the baby goats would be too expensive to ship...

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

TaylorSwiftsHaircut wrote:We did the market research on this, and it turns out that the baby goats would be too expensive to ship...

Went to visit a goat farmer last week. He didn't answer the door. I heard a bunch of noises like someone was being hurt. I ran around to the barn and the farmer walked out, gloved hands covered in blood. He said "Sorry for the delay, I was just cutting up the bodies." I was completely shocked. Then he reached behind him, picked up a baby goat and said "Haha! Nah, I was just kidding."

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

ThunderThighs

Staff

How to wrap a goat.

There's always a video for that.

and another:

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
ThunderThighs wrote:How to wrap a goat.

There's always a video for that.

and another:

I'd wondered what she'd been up to since Fringe. Now I'm sad.

VOTE >

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

wajeremy wrote:Went to visit a goat farmer last week. He didn't answer the door. I heard a bunch of noises like someone was being hurt. I ran around to the barn and the farmer walked out, gloved hands covered in blood. He said "Sorry for the delay, I was just cutting up the bodies." I was completely shocked. Then he reached behind him, picked up a baby goat and said "Haha! Nah, I was just kidding."

WHAT A GREAT TIME!!! LMAO!!!

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

acraigl wrote:I'd wondered what she'd been up to since Fringe. Now I'm sad.

SO sad...

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

therealjrn wrote:Unless...was Woot selling baby goats? Because totes I'd be all over that deal.

Well there's this ...

Totes McGoats

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

arua13l

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arua13l

Oh kids woot. How I miss thee.

ThunderThighs

Staff

arua13l wrote:Oh kids woot. How I miss thee.

But look what we sold on Home on Sunday

We haven't stopped selling Kids stuff. We just don't have to panic to try to fill a daily calendar now.

Kids/Toys is very competitive.

tenderpaw02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenderpaw02

I mostly look for kid items in Spring to have things for summer, and in the Fall to have things for winter holidays. I didn't notice the absence of kids.woot until after school had started and I had more time to come back to the site and shop undetected. I hope you'll still be a good source for this coming holiday season, yet the removal of a separate heading has me dubious.

You might consider merging electronics and computers; there has definitely been overlap between those categories and I'd find it more efficient to only have to check under one heading for applicable tech accessories, peripherals, etc.

I very rarely check Flash deals. It feels like it could fit well as a subgroup under Sellout. Anyone looking for those kind of seemingly random deep discounts is more likely to go digging for them.

therealjrn

I think a Big Ken Jennings Head would make a GREAT present for the kiddos!!!