+ Add a Comment

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This here thread will be for any and all Bet on Colds that you might get during the month of December.

REMEMBER! I love photos! Post photos of what you get!

Not sure how to post a pic? Just go over here. We've got two sets of instructions to help you out.

So remember! No taking your Bet on Cold and running off with it.

You gotta share. That's what's so fun about them. Join the community! Post away. Guess what you may get. What are you hoping for?

REMEMBER TO POST In May, 17% of the wooters came back to post their crap I know you can do better than that! Make my manager happy!

Let's talk!

Quick & Dirty Instructions for Imgur!

Prepare for:

Gif courtesy of drgandalf

Here's a badge if you want one.

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/bwBcJ96.jpg[/img]

Quality Posts

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

WHY DID I GET...

DENIED: We ran out of Big ol' Cornucopias before we even took your money so we denied your order to end the process.

CANCELLED: We ran out of of Big ol' Cornucopias right further down the process and we had to cancel the order to reverse gears.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

SHIPPING

These are shipped UPS Surepost. That means that UPS may or may not hand off your crap to your local post office. For some whacko reason, they sometimes mark it as delivered even though it's at your post office.

Make sure to give it a couple extra days before panicking.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Canceling Duplicate Orders

Due to a backend software change, I will have a different method to locating and canceling duplicate orders - people ordering another Big ol' Cornucopia with a different account.

My guess is that I will find more than before.

If it looks like a duplicate, I will cancel it. No exceptions and no remorse on my end.

qazxswe

quality posts: 8 Private Messages qazxswe

I'm currently on my phone.

Lately Enpass hasn't played nicely with it (currently running Oreo 8.1 beta). So even after waiting in VoP for several minutes and reaching login screen, I had to manually get my Amazon password from Enpass, go back to login for Woot, enter the password, and go through checkout.

Still managed to be able to throw away $10.84 on garbage.

Yay!

bootslikethese

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bootslikethese

Got one! Woohoo!

acraigl

quality posts: 213 Private Messages acraigl

I got one! And my Beeler's office crap is coming today. It's a back-to-back disappointment party.

BUY! >>

davidastorm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages davidastorm

I missed out on thanksgiving crap, but scored this morning, although there was much gnashing of teeth and rending of garments as I had to pass through the vestibule before emerging victorious on the other side!

What awaits me in the Big ol' Cornucopia? I have no idea, and honestly, I'm a little bit scared! Woohoo!

zachrusswoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zachrusswoot

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Will there be anymore released throughout the day or is sold out..sold out?

This is my first missed crap opportunity since MAY! I checked at 10:05 today and it figures the one day I'm not on time and its a Biscuit of Carnivores.

acraigl

quality posts: 213 Private Messages acraigl
zachrusswoot wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Will there be anymore released throughout the day or is sold out..sold out?

This is my first missed crap opportunity since MAY! I checked at 10:05 today and it figures the one day I'm not on time and its a Biscuit of Carnivores.

I'm guessing no more today, but there will likely be others throughout the month.

BUY! >>

qazxswe

quality posts: 8 Private Messages qazxswe
acraigl wrote:I got one! And my Beeler's office crap is coming today. It's a back-to-back disappointment party.

So today is full of disappointment. 3 times is better than no times.

Wait... I suppose it really depends on the situation.

kforg55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kforg55

Me: It's 10:06 est, I think the Crapvent calendar is updated with today's deal.

Rational me: You don't need what ever video game themed doohickey is there.

Me: But what if it's a Big ol' Cornucopia?

Rational Me: Then it's already too late.

Me: Let me just peek on the Woot App to confirmed that I missed it.

Rational Me: Why look and be disappointed that you missed it.

Me: Just a quick peek.

Rational Me: It's not worth it.

Me: Unlock, open app, finds crapvent calendar Onerous Massive Family Gathering! it's a Big ol' Cornucopia!!

Rational me: IT'S TOO LATE

Me: Going to the VOP, could this really be happening!?

Rational Me: Remember all those times you waited in the VOP and nothing happened?

Me: Logs into computer and sees Crapvent for today is sold out

Rational Me: Told you so.

Me: Mobile app asks me to sign in

Me: Onerous Massive Family Gathering!. there it is!

Rational Me: Onerous Massive Family Gathering!, Sign in!

Us: It's in the cart, wait what the heck?

It has to at least have been 10 days, or maybe not.

Double disappointment toMissed out on a Big ol' Cornucopia and my "Why am I doing this crap?" is coming via surepost later today

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 50 Private Messages digitaljanitor

(for all you spreadsheet lovers out there) UNofficially, here is a spreadsheet I roughed out for the one per 10 days, starting with Black Friday. Thus, if you scored crap on Friday, Nov 24, then you would be past the 10 day limitation on ** note: Monday, Dec 4 should apparently read as Tuesday, Dec 5, as day of attempted purchase apparently does not count in the 10 day calculation ** See TT's post later on this page **

You may be right, I may be crazy

I saw a snowman standing in the produce aisle at the supermarket today -- He was picking his nose!

jklug12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jklug12
ThunderThighs wrote:Canceling Duplicate Orders

Due to a backend software change, I will have a different method to locating and canceling duplicate orders - people ordering another Big ol' Cornucopia with a different account.

My guess is that I will find more than before.

If it looks like a duplicate, I will cancel it. No exceptions and no remorse on my end.

So I have a quick question:
How do you search for duplicates now? (I know you can't tell me exactly, then everyone who wants more than one will just work around your system) But, I'm asking because my brother and I often try to buy Big ol' Cornucopias together around the same time and since we also live in the same house, it could be seen as a duplicate. I would hate to see one of our Big ol' Cornucopias cancelled because it looks like a duplicate.

ThunderThighs

Staff

digitaljanitor: You may have too much time on your hands. LOL

We upped it last year specifically to cover Christmas to New Years so more people would have a chance at craps.

digitaljanitor

ThunderThighs wrote:digitaljanitor: You may have too much time on your hands. LOL

We upped it last year specifically to cover Christmas to New Years so more people would have a chance at craps.

but the question is, are my assumptions and spreadsheet accurate? (because, I'm sure enquiring minds want to know)

I saw a snowman standing in the produce aisle at the supermarket today -- He was picking his nose!

sillyp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sillyp

Well this is a Crapvent as I scored some CRAP!

Can't wait to post my disappointment!!!

jennyland

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jennyland

Are there stats for the Nutcracker Crapvent Big ol' Cornucopia's? How many were sold and how quickly?

200 Woots and counting (including 18-ish Big ol' Cornucopias)

kalee11

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kalee11
jklug12 wrote:So I have a quick question:
How do you search for duplicates now? (I know you can't tell me exactly, then everyone who wants more than one will just work around your system) But, I'm asking because my brother and I often try to buy Big ol' Cornucopias together around the same time and since we also live in the same house, it could be seen as a duplicate. I would hate to see one of our Big ol' Cornucopias cancelled because it looks like a duplicate.

She's said before that she primarily looks at credit card names and billing addresses. I know there are some other things in there as well, but basically if you're using two different credit cards without the same name you should (probably) be ok.

jennyland

kalee11 wrote:She's said before that she primarily looks at credit card names and billing addresses. I know there are some other things in there as well, but basically if you're using two different credit cards without the same name you should (probably) be ok.

I believe it's shipping addresses, not billing addresses?

ThunderThighs

Staff

jennyland wrote:Are there stats for the Nutcracker Crapvent Big ol' Cornucopia's? How many were sold and how quickly?

Sold 450
Dupe Purchases Canceled: 3
Sold out in about 8 minutes.

There will be a few letters with each Big ol' Cornucopia batch in Advent.

ThunderThighs

Staff

digitaljanitor wrote:

but the question is, are my assumptions and spreadsheet accurate? (because, I'm sure enquiring minds want to know)

I have no idea since Dev coded the limitations. :\

jennyland

ThunderThighs wrote:

Sold 450
Dupe Purchases Canceled: 3
Sold out in about 8 minutes.

Dang, mine was one that got canceled. I was shipping it to a friend in Texas, even used their address for shipping. I'm sorry, TT, I thought as long as the destination address was different - especially by a state - it was alright to use the same payment & billing addy.

leahwe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leahwe

Very excited!

tnhillbillygal

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tnhillbillygal

" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" title="">

I don't know why the gif is coming up twice but never too much spock I guess. O.o

x2 x5

jklug12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jklug12
kalee11 wrote:She's said before that she primarily looks at credit card names and billing addresses. I know there are some other things in there as well, but basically if you're using two different credit cards without the same name you should (probably) be ok.

Alright, thanks for the info! We'll see what happens when/if my brother can score a Big ol' Cornucopia.

jacquie11a

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jacquie11a
digitaljanitor wrote:(for all you spreadsheet lovers out there) UNofficially, here is a spreadsheet I roughed out for the one per 10 days, starting with Black Friday. Thus, if you scored crap on Friday, Nov 24, then you would be past the 10 day limitation on Monday, Dec 4.

You may be right, I may be crazy

I did get through this morning. Your chart says I should be good to go but I got the dreaded "only one per 10 days" notice. I got my last crap on 11/24.... I did not score my crap until 1:23pm on the 24th. Is it to the minute?

=First EVA!

That makes 14 Craps for me!

locokoko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages locokoko

Yay! I snagged one while on a break at work and shouted "yes!" And everyone looked at me funny. They looked at me even weirder when I said I just got a Basket of Cranberries!

x3

ThunderThighs

Staff

digitaljanitor wrote:(for all you spreadsheet lovers out there) UNofficially, here is a spreadsheet I roughed out for the one per 10 days, starting with Black Friday. Thus, if you scored crap on Friday, Nov 24, then you would be past the 10 day limitation on Monday, Dec 4.

Nope, it's 10 days not counting the day you purchased.

More technically, we look backwards. When you purchase, we look back 10 days - not counting that day - to see if you've had a crap purchase. That's 10 full days, not counting the day you're trying to buy the crap.

digitaljanitor

ThunderThighs wrote:Nope, it's 10 days not counting the day you purchased.

More technically, we look backwards. When you purchase, we look back 10 days - not counting that day - to see if you've had a crap purchase. That's 10 full days, not counting the day you're trying to buy the crap.

Ah, I think I found where I was confused!

In the 1793 French Republican (also sometimes referred to as French Revolutionary)Calendar design there were twelve months, each divided into three ten-day weeks called décades. The tenth day, décadi, replaced Sunday as the day of rest and festivity. The five or six extra days needed to approximate the solar or tropical year were placed after the months at the end of each year and called complementary days. This arrangement was an almost exact copy of the calendar used by the Ancient Egyptians, though in their case the beginning of the year was marked by summer solstice rather than autumn equinox

Frimaire ran from November 21 through December 20 and was considered the month of wintry weather.

Each day in the Republican Calendar was divided into ten hours, each hour into 100 decimal minutes, and each decimal minute into 100 decimal seconds. Thus an hour was 144 conventional minutes (more than twice as long as a conventional hour), a minute was 86.4 conventional seconds (44% longer than a conventional minute), and a second was 0.864 conventional seconds (13.6% shorter than a conventional second).

Clocks were manufactured to display this decimal time, but it did not catch on. Mandatory use of decimal time was officially suspended 7 April 1795, although some cities continued to use decimal time as late as 1801.

So I see your point, TT (and it's a decimal )

digitaljanitor

jacquie11a wrote:I did get through this morning. Your chart says I should be good to go but I got the dreaded "only one per 10 days" notice. I got my last crap on 11/24.... I did not score my crap until 1:23pm on the 24th. Is it to the minute?

According to TT, it's apparently more like 11 days (day of purchase doesn't count in the 10 - day period) My apologies for any misinformation I might have unwittingly provided. Like I said, it was just something I roughed out and was certainly not intended to be official word. My bad.

Woot programming seems to be pretty good about letting you know when you aren't yet out of quarantine from your most recent exposure to crap.

me4sweetd

quality posts: 8 Private Messages me4sweetd

Why did woot start charging tax on the shipping cost? Previous Big ol' Cornucopias cost $10.44 (5 for product, .44 for product tax, 5 for shipping), new Big ol' Cornucopia cost is $10.88 (5 for product, .44 for product tax, 5 for shipping, .44 for shipping tax?)

I’m seeing the tax increase on other purchases too, not just Big ol' Cornucopias....I just used them as an example)

ThunderThighs

Staff

me4sweetd wrote:Why did woot start charging tax on the shipping cost? Previous Big ol' Cornucopias cost $10.44 (5 for product, .44 for product tax, 5 for shipping), new Big ol' Cornucopia cost is $10.88 (5 for product, .44 for product tax, 5 for shipping, .44 for shipping tax?)

I’m seeing the tax increase on other purchases too, not just Big ol' Cornucopias....I just used them as an example)

Check with your state/city. In most cases, we are directed to charge sales tax on shipping as well.

jennyland

So, uhm, my Advent Big ol' Cornucopia may be out for delivery as early as today...

bolashoof

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bolashoof

Got my shipping notice for the “Cr@pv3nt 4 A11” from 12/4. Went from Dallas to Mesquite then Fort Worth. Always fun to see how these things get shuttled around. Maybe it will arrive today, maybe it won’t. We shall see!

x40

bolashoof

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bolashoof

Got it!

Adjustable storage box
Konjac sponge
Oven gloves
Woot my crap bag
Luggage tags - cocaine
Tablecloth
Brass fish bottle opener
Brass fish hanging hooks
Happy Elephant pretend food for children play

I’ll have to add photo later.

[edit] here's the photo:

x40

sbhendri

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sbhendri
bolashoof wrote:Got it!

Adjustable storage box
Konjac sponge
Oven gloves
Woot my crap bag
Luggage tags - cocaine
Tablecloth
Brass fish bottle opener
Brass fish hanging hooks
Happy Elephant pretend food for children play

I’ll have to add photo later.

[edit] here's the photo:

So fast! Wish I lived in Texas...

x14 (May 2009 - Dec 2017)

jennyland

Mine was equally as random, haha! I sealed it back up because I want to use it as a gift for Christmas. It included:

1 baby toy
1 metal fish shaped coat hanger
1 DVD that I have never heard of (I Love You Phillip Morris)
1 kids style plastic camping lantern
1 water hose holder
1 shock for a truck
2 packages of konjac sponges
1 Woot Crap bag
1 cocaine luggage tag
1 random rack to some random shelf? including the screws for it
2 mini iPad cases
1 mosquito repellent bracelet
1 canvas tool belt, I think?

digitaljanitor

jennyland wrote: It included:

1 DVD that I have never heard of (I Love You Phillip Morris)

Steven Russell (Jim Carrey) becomes a cop, gets married and starts a family, but after a terrible car accident, he vows to be true to himself. He comes out of the closet, moves to Florida, and finances a luxurious lifestyle with bad checks and credit cards. In prison, Steven meets Phillip (Ewan McGregor), a mild-mannered inmate who becomes the love of his life. Determined to build a beautiful life with his lover, Steven embarks on another crime spree.
Release date: December 3, 2010 (USA)

locokoko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages locokoko
digitaljanitor wrote:Steven Russell (Jim Carrey) becomes a cop, gets married and starts a family, but after a terrible car accident, he vows to be true to himself. He comes out of the closet, moves to Florida, and finances a luxurious lifestyle with bad checks and credit cards. In prison, Steven meets Phillip (Ewan McGregor), a mild-mannered inmate who becomes the love of his life. Determined to build a beautiful life with his lover, Steven embarks on another crime spree.
Release date: December 3, 2010 (USA)

That sounds like a winner!

x3