Top 8% of Woot.com Woots
Top 4% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

LG 55 inch 4K 60HZ UHD Smart LED TV
Price: $399.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Feb 09 to Monday, Feb 12) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

minacciosa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minacciosa

Is this TV 3D capable?

HughHemington

quality posts: 33 Private Messages HughHemington

I think 3D went away a while back -- it never caught on.

One thing to note with LG is that there is no "SOURCE" button on the remote, or any discrete codes for source selection. You have to go to HOME then arrow over to the source you want. This makes it difficult to switch video sources IN THE FLATSCREEN instead of somewhere else (sound bar or receiver), so the fact this has 4 HDMI inputs is nice, but using more than one is awkward.

mikeeee4444

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeeee4444
minacciosa wrote:Is this TV 3D capable?

In order for a tv to be 3d capable it needs at least 120hz.

AlphaRAM01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlphaRAM01
HughHemington wrote:I think 3D went away a while back -- it never caught on.

One thing to note with LG is that there is no "SOURCE" button on the remote, or any discrete codes for source selection. You have to go to HOME then arrow over to the source you want. This makes it difficult to switch video sources IN THE FLATSCREEN instead of somewhere else (sound bar or receiver), so the fact this has 4 HDMI inputs is nice, but using more than one is awkward.

Top right corner of the remote has the (direct) source button for the uj 6540

johnathon007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnathon007
bek wrote:Reviews:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/uj6300

Thats the wrong TV.
https://www.cnet.com/products/lg-55uj6540-uj6540-series-55-class-54-6-viewable-led-tv/specs/

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 10 Private Messages sunnyx0r

I can't speak to this model, but the LG I got a couple years ago has an "input" button on the remote. I use two HDMI inputs and it hasn't been a problem.

Tbird35th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tbird35th

No it's not 3D

Tbird35th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tbird35th

We have this TV and we got it New and we love it. If I had another spot that had room for it I would get it

Silentbob11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Silentbob11

CAn this do 4:4:4 for use as a monitor?

Stoppermjs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stoppermjs

So why does the description of the Woot state this TV is 60Hz but CNET states it is 120 Hz per the link above by johnathon007?

[MOD: Native vs Motion Refresh]

dgfait

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dgfait
Stoppermjs wrote:So why does the description of the Woot state this TV is 60Hz but CNET states it is 120 Hz per the link above by johnathon007?

Different TV and welcome to Woot!

Stoppermjs

dgfait wrote:Different TV and welcome to Woot!

Its the same TV...I used this link.

https://www.cnet.com/products/lg-55uj6540-uj6540-series-55-class-54-6-viewable-led-tv/specs/

Woot states the TV is UJ6540. What why I was wondering.

Stoppermjs

Stoppermjs wrote:Its the same TV...I used this link.

Woot states the TV is UJ6540. What why I was wondering.

Nevermind... The TV is TRUMOTION 120 (refresh 60 Hz). See link to understand why I was confused initially.

https://www.cnet.com/news/fake-refresh-rates-is-your-tv-really-120hz/

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Stoppermjs wrote:Nevermind... The TV is TRUMOTION 120 (refresh 60 Hz). See link to understand why I was confused initially.

https://www.cnet.com/news/fake-refresh-rates-is-your-tv-really-120hz/

Right. Some aren't as upfront putting the native refresh rate. We know wooters want that so that's what we state. Or we're careful to state that it's MR.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bfselby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfselby

This is a 3D TV. It says so in the specs: 48.7" x 28.3" x 2.5"

See, 3 dimensions.

tsalonia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsalonia

Does anyone know if this unit has a built in tv tuner, so I can get ota channels?

antares008

quality posts: 2 Private Messages antares008
tsalonia wrote:Does anyone know if this unit has a built in tv tuner, so I can get ota channels?

Yes, according to this: http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-55UJ6540-4k-uhd-tv

stickywicket21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stickywicket21

Is the refresh rate too limiting to use this as an extended monitor?

ClareGrana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClareGrana

Is there available warranty on this TV?

chillzatl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chillzatl
stickywicket21 wrote:Is the refresh rate too limiting to use this as an extended monitor?

The refresh rate itself isn't. 60hz is standard in computer monitors, but the stats that you're concerned about on a normal PC monitor are response time and input lag. Response time is the time it takes to change a pixel from black to white to black or from a color to grey and back. TV's don't typically list this stat. For normal desktop use, you shouldn't really have a problem, but if you want to use it to game on you need to know the response time and input lag. There are several sites that test and track input lag on TV's.

you can start here:

https://displaylag.com/exposed-input-lag-vs-response-time/

THis particular model isn't listed, but it's an IPS screen and LG's IPS models are typically pretty good.

dliidlii

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dliidlii

Costco sold it for $479 new with full warranty. Consumer Reports gave this TV a Best Buy for the price range.

stickywicket21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stickywicket21
chillzatl wrote:The refresh rate itself isn't. 60hz is standard in computer monitors, but the stats that you're concerned about on a normal PC monitor are response time and input lag. Response time is the time it takes to change a pixel from black to white to black or from a color to grey and back. TV's don't typically list this stat. For normal desktop use, you shouldn't really have a problem, but if you want to use it to game on you need to know the response time and input lag. There are several sites that test and track input lag on TV's.

you can start here:

https://displaylag.com/exposed-input-lag-vs-response-time/

THis particular model isn't listed, but it's an IPS screen and LG's IPS models are typically pretty good.

Thank you. Not interested for gaming, but video playback, photoediting, etc. are a plus.

That is a helpful database.

elbarto2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elbarto2

Woot has a similar 55" TCL Roku TV refurb today. Anyone willing to indulge me on how I should compare these two?

johnv5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnv5

Does it have built in wifi?

On Amazon it shows a comparision chart of various 55" LG's and of the 4 it shows, this model is the only one that shows it does not while the other 3 show they have built in wifi

johnv5

More importantly, if it does not have it, should I care, and why or why not? Thanks!

ThunderThighs

Staff

ClareGrana wrote:Is there available warranty on this TV?

It comes with a 90-day woot warranty. You can also purchase a 1-yr square trade warranty. The link is at the top of the features. If you're not seeing the link, move to a device that supports Flash.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

johnv5 wrote:Does it have built in wifi?

On Amazon it shows a comparision chart of various 55" LG's and of the 4 it shows, this model is the only one that shows it does not while the other 3 show they have built in wifi

Per our specs, it has Wi-Fi.

johnv5

Is this a factory / LG refurbished tv or is it a 3rd party refurbished one? And is it possible to purchase an extended warranty on Woot during the purchasing process to cover past the 90 day one provided?

haireguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haireguy

Does the Plex app come on this TV??

ThunderThighs

Staff

johnv5 wrote:Is this a factory / LG refurbished tv or is it a 3rd party refurbished one? And is it possible to purchase an extended warranty on Woot during the purchasing process to cover past the 90 day one provided?

3rd party refurbished.

We are a partner with SquareTrade. The link is at the top of the features but you have to check out through them.

Note that SqTr doesn't sell warranties for non-new items direct to consumers. You have to go through a partner.

curvin777

quality posts: 11 Private Messages curvin777
ThunderThighs wrote:It comes with a 90-day woot warranty. You can also purchase a 1-yr square trade warranty. The link is at the top of the features. If you're not seeing the link, move to a device that supports Flash.

Flash?

nancyjw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyjw
ClareGrana wrote:Is there available warranty on this TV?

90 day limited included, another available for purchase at checkout.

[MOD: Available separately through SquareTrade. Not through our Checkout.]

dwasifar

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dwasifar

I have an LG 60" and my Logitech Harmony is able to switch its inputs directly. So the codes do exist for this, even if the native remote doesn't make them easy.

dwasifar

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dwasifar
ThunderThighs wrote:If you're not seeing the link, move to a device that supports Flash.

Flash? Shall we just fax in our orders too? ;)

ant102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ant102

You couldn't call it a TV if it didn't have a tuner

elbarto2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elbarto2
dwasifar wrote:Flash? Shall we just fax in our orders too? ;)

Mac folks getting snarky.

FatherStorm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FatherStorm
tsalonia wrote:Does anyone know if this unit has a built in tv tuner, so I can get ota channels?

yes. it is a TV. when there is no tuner, it is just called a monitor.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dwasifar wrote:Flash? Shall we just fax in our orders too? ;)

We begged SqTr not to use Flash. Did they listen? NOooooooooooooooo.