Back to Amazon.com
+ Add a Comment

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This here thread will be for any and all Bet on Colds that you might get during the March Woot-Off!!

Prepare for

Gif courtesy of drgandalf

31 days hath...crap

New rule for 2018:

Limit one bag per 31 days, per person. To clarify – you cannot have purchased a Bag o’ Crap in the previous 31 days, NOT counting the day you are trying to purchase. That’s Woot Math, and that’s our policy.

Read more here.

IT'S ANOTHER FREAKING CHANGE!!!!

With the addition of Free Standard Shipping for Amazon Prime members, we want the total cost of a Bag o' Crap to be the same for everyone.

For this reason, the price is now $10 with free shipping for everyone. There's no difference in the contents. It's the same disappointing crap as when you paid $5 + $5 shipping.

Note: if you have other items in your cart, you will be charged the appropriate shipping amount.

Note x 2: It doesn't count towards $5 ships all day. Sorry.

WHY DID I GET...

DENIED: We ran out of Bet on Colds before we even took your money so we denied your order to end the process.

CANCELLED: We ran out of of Bet on Colds right further down the process and we had to cancel the order to reverse gears.

Canceling Duplicate Orders

Due to a backend software change, I will have a different method to locating and canceling duplicate orders - people ordering another Bet on Cold with a different account.

My guess is that I will find more than before.

If it looks like a duplicate, I will cancel it. No exceptions and no remorse on my end.

SHIPPING

These are shipped UPS Surepost. That means that UPS may or may not hand off your crap to your local post office. For some whacko reason, they sometimes mark it as delivered even though it's at your post office.

Make sure to give it a couple extra days before panicking.

IS TO POST WHAT YOU GET!!!!

You gotta share. That's what's so fun about them. Join the community! Post away. Guess what you may get. What are you hoping for?

PS: It's also quality control for me.

So remember! No taking your Bet on Cold and running off with it.

Quick & Dirty Instructions for Imgur!

and now on with the day....

Quality Posts

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

If you missed it last month:

ThunderThighs wrote:You did it! You got to

WOOHOO! CONGRATS! As a way of thank you, I'm giving 15% of those that posted their crap a $5 coupon.

107 people have posted their crap.
15% of that is 16.

I picked 16 crap posters at random using Excel's random function for page and post. If that post isn't a crap post, I'll move down to the next post until I find one.

And the coupon goes to:

Aliwaddy
bjprice
BonoMan
jaimenerick
jimidork
LindaGibson99
mahorn4
pettibonseattle
rcheek17
scooter1979
Tiesonthewll
txsrooster
WierdBMD
wingone
Xiej
xvolution

The coupon code is FIFTEEN (all caps).
It's good for $5 off any order except gourmet.woot.
The coupon expires 9/15/2018 11:59 am CT.

THANK YOU ALL!

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

qazxswe

quality posts: 18 Private Messages qazxswe

Could you go back in time to the creation of the calendar and add a few more days to February so that people who got a Bucket of Cobras in February could get one again this month? 😉

There is what to learn from the potato.

lichme

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages lichme
qazxswe wrote:Could you go back in time to the creation of the calendar and add a few more days to February so that people who got a Bucket of Cobras in February could get one again this month? 😉

There is an updated calendar with 30 days in February, however it is only available via the Bet on Cold that will be sold later on.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

bsmith1

quality posts: 155 Private Messages bsmith1

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I got CRAP!

peaceetc

quality posts: 74 Private Messages peaceetc

TT, I'm guessing a lot of us regulars can't get crap this time so you'll have to let us know if it has an impact server stats. I look forward to seeing some new faces here on the forum time this around.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

ThunderThighs

Staff

peaceetc wrote:TT, I'm guessing a lot of us regulars can't get crap this time so you'll have to let us know if it has an impact server stats. I look forward to seeing some new faces here on the forum time this around.

Thank you for being so sweet about it. I'm curious how many new faces we'll see.

I want more than 15% this month!!!!

WOOHOO!!!

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

qazxswe wrote:Could you go back in time to the creation of the calendar and add a few more days to February so that people who got a Bucket of Cobras in February could get one again this month? 😉

The Warners were drawn on February 30. Rewatch the 65th Anniversary Special, 'k?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

qazxswe

Narfcake wrote:The Warners were drawn on February 30. Rewatch the 65th Anniversary Special, 'k?

With Buddy? Ugh.

Sure beats the 'Buttons and Mindy' segments though.

ThunderThighs

Staff

qazxswe wrote:With Buddy? Ugh.

Sure beats the 'Buttons and Mindy' segments though.

Ok, Lady. I love you. Bye-bye.

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, Lady. I love you. Bye-bye.

It's the one segment I cannot manage to get through whenever I watch the series.

ThunderThighs

Staff

qazxswe wrote:It's the one segment I cannot manage to get through whenever I watch the series.

Rita & Runt were my breaking point. Always got stuff done when that segment came on.

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:Rita & Runt were my breaking point. Always got stuff done when that segment came on.

Some decent songs in that segment.

LindaGibson99

quality posts: 6 Private Messages LindaGibson99

It truly is a bummer watching bags of crap smear by as you sit empty-handed due to the 31 day rule.

To lift my spirits... I introduced two new people to the process and gave them hints on how to hopefully get one. I hope they end up fully disappointed!

Can't wait for the next woot-off!

bsmith1

LindaGibson99 wrote:It truly is a bummer watching bags of crap smear by as you sit empty-handed due to the 31 day rule.

To lift my spirits... I introduced two new people to the process and gave them hints on how to hopefully get one. I hope they end up fully disappointed!

It's easier if they just tell you their logon info so you can buy it for them. You get the adrenaline rush and they get crap.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Rita & Runt were my breaking point. Always got stuff done when that segment came on.

I like Rita; she's a good dog.

Bernadette Peters does her voice.)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ThunderThighs

Staff

LindaGibson99 wrote:It truly is a bummer watching bags of crap smear by as you sit empty-handed due to the 31 day rule.

Smear?

peaceetc

ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, Lady. I love you. Bye-bye.

I can't tell you how often I said that to my mother over the years.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Narfcake wrote:

I like Rita; she's a good dog.

Bernadette Peters does her voice.)

Yep. They still weren't my thing.

ThunderThighs

Staff

peaceetc wrote:I can't tell you how often I said that to my mother over the years.

Me too, minus the lady part since no mama.

peaceetc

ThunderThighs wrote:Me too, minus the lady part since no mama.

My mom died a few years ago. Being reminded of saying that to her is bittersweet, but mostly good.

gojets3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gojets3
peaceetc wrote:TT, I'm guessing a lot of us regulars can't get crap this time so you'll have to let us know if it has an impact server stats. I look forward to seeing some new faces here on the forum time this around.

i don't imagine there will be any impact on server stats (imo), bc there are WAY more regulars than Bet on Colds sold last woot-off. i wasn't able to get one last time out bc of my work schedule etc, but managed crazily serendipitously to snag one tonite. and i assume that will be the case for many others. bring on the alway eagerly awaited (and unfailingly disappointing, LOL) carp!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Blip #1

SylvreKat

quality posts: 44 Private Messages SylvreKat

I'll ask the Momma if she's up for another crap-hunt. I think I might've scared her last time yelling things like "click click click now DON'T click no-no-no!" at her.

Have to wait 'til she's up though. Which might be any minute, or any hour. You never know with 90yo's.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

mdrcoast

quality posts: 63 Private Messages mdrcoast

Dont have to stress about the big Bet on Cold this time due to the time limits but don't worry, looking at my Spring Cleaning I have already come up with this much CRAP!

Good luck with the Crap Wooters! I hope you all get some!

tnhillbillygal

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tnhillbillygal

I am out of the hunt this time but good luck to all the wooters chasing the crap today! Have a great woot off TT &team! I might try to catch happy hour tonight so see you all there if I am able still gotta have some wooty fun!

x11

mdrcoast

quality posts: 63 Private Messages mdrcoast

I loved the "Of Nice and Men" episode...

astangelo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astangelo

For a relative W00t! N00b, such as myself, could someone explain why the vaulted "Bag o' Crap" is sometimes called a "Bet on Cold". I get that both names start with the same letters. But so do a lot of equally bizarre phrases (e.g. "Buzzards over Canada", "Bring on Croissants", "Break our Code", "Best Ontario Comedies", "Bleating out Curses", and "Baking onion Cakes").

What am I missing?

wootevil

quality posts: 26 Private Messages wootevil
astangelo wrote:For a relative W00t! N00b, such as myself, could someone explain why the vaulted "Bag o' Crap" is sometimes called a "Bet on Cold". I get that both names start with the same letters. But so do a lot of equally bizarre phrases (e.g. "Buzzards over Canada", "Bring on Croissants", "Break our Code", "Best Ontario Comedies", "Bleating out Curses", and "Baking onion Cakes").

What am I missing?

It is a naughty word filter, we must not speak of the Bee of Cee. Just sit back and enjoy the wordplay.

x4 +x1 + =

MeanieMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MeanieMan

A Woot Off this close to Easter that we won't get our orders without shelling out $10+ for shipping?

Thats a dick move woot, a dick move.

EDIT: and I clicked on the wrong thread to post in. :facepalm:

astangelo

wootevil wrote:It is a naughty word filter, we must not speak of the Bee of Cee. Just sit back and enjoy the wordplay.

Any reason why that particular Bet on Cold?

pambreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pambreeze

I stay up all night refreshing every few minutes and when it finally comes up it it sold out in a few seconds? Yeah right. I give up on Woot.

They say it is mind over matter, I lost my mind so it doesn't matter!

bsmith1

astangelo wrote:Any reason why that particular Bet on Cold?

They change it up with seasons/holidays/events. Probably is bet on cold because it is/was winter.

Lolaloot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Lolaloot

BINGO! Oh wrong game...wait no, (BagItNowGoesOut)....yup, I got BINGO!

wootevil

quality posts: 26 Private Messages wootevil
pambreeze wrote:I stay up all night refreshing every few minutes and when it finally comes up it it sold out in a few seconds? Yeah right. I give up on Woot.

Don't give up, hang in there feller. When you have several Bet on Cold defeats and then you finally get one, oh boy, you will rejoice with joy!

x4 +x1 + =

ThunderThighs

Staff

Blip #2

xdwendy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xdwendy

Question! So I scored a feb Bet on Cold and now my mum's interested in getting one today. Will she be able to with her woot account or is it only 1 Bet on Cold per 31 days per household?

x2x2

peaceetc

pambreeze wrote:I stay up all night refreshing every few minutes and when it finally comes up it it sold out in a few seconds? Yeah right. I give up on Woot.

Crap is popular and sells out very, very quickly. Thunder Thighs has been posting the server load for each round and you can see that many, many people are clicking away just as you are trying to score one. I'm sorry you failed this time but it's offered multiple times during a Woot-Off. I hope you'll try again.

astangelo

bsmith1 wrote:They change it up with seasons/holidays/events. Probably is bet on cold because it is/was winter.

Thanks for unravelling that mystery!