Back to Amazon.com

lichme

quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme

Getting "Bad Request" and 504 errors when going to the API. Also, earlier it seemed to return results for eventType=WootOff even though there isn't one.

Also, once in a while the header/category urls seem to read oddly, like they are encoded funny or something.

(S(mrtxlai3m5kobeqnvqwsbc45)) (example)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

qazxswe

quality posts: 15 Private Messages qazxswe

Unless there's a secret WootOff which WootStalker detected...

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

peaceetc

quality posts: 72 Private Messages peaceetc

I'm fairly certain all these site issues are part of a month-long April Fool's prank. What I'm not sure about is who is pranking whom.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

TheRiverz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheRiverz

Thank you woot for the heart attack. Was here at 1am to see new sales. Just saw (2:06) a while after sent (1:04) the wonderful wootoff detected email.
Rushed back wondering what the heck and what sold our while I was ignorant of wootoff starting after normal time.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1037 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Thanks, lich. I’ve reported this. They’ll get to work on it.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bsmith1

quality posts: 154 Private Messages bsmith1

Yeah, I got the wootstalker alert, so I woke up the entire family for the woot off.

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

I am still sick...saw the woot off detected email...logged in and can now go back to sleep. ty woot!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
peaceetc wrote:I'm fairly certain all these site issues are part of a month-long April Fool's prank. What I'm not sure about is who is pranking whom.

I think Wootstalker is pranking us...

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

wootstalkerbot wrote:Am not

hehehe

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

robr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robr

ThunderThighs, is there an ETA on when the API will be fixed? Thanks!

Rob

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

robr wrote:ThunderThighs, is there an ETA on when the API will be fixed? Thanks!

Rob

We are working on it but unfortunately don't have an ETA at this time. We are shooting for end of day.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
wajeremy wrote:We are working on it but unfortunately don't have an ETA at this time. We are shooting for end of day.

Yes. We need an ETA for the AFU API PDQ ASAP.

robr

Hi, just wanted to follow up as to the status of the API. Any updates as to when it'll be running again? Thanks!

wajeremy

Staff

robr wrote:Hi, just wanted to follow up as to the status of the API. Any updates as to when it'll be running again? Thanks!

It should be running... are you doing some thing out of the ordinary?

robr

wajeremy wrote:It should be running... are you doing some thing out of the ordinary?

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Trying this API example url in a browser:

api.woot.com/2/events.json?site=www.woot.com&eventType=Daily&key=MyKeyWasHere

results in this output:

Error 400 Bad request.
Bad request.
Guru Meditation:
XID: 825137622

Varnish cache server

lichme

I get the same result as above

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

wajeremy

Staff

We know the issue. Working on it now. Hold tight!

bsmith1

quality posts: 154 Private Messages bsmith1
wajeremy wrote:We know the issue. Working on it now. Hold tight!

Cool. I'll keep it clenched!

sriramk2387

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sriramk2387

Staff

The API end points are up again and should be working now. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

robr

sriramk2387 wrote:The API end points are up again and should be working now. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Thanks for the update. I see it's working for my previous simple example, but now it appears that there's a limit of 2 on the number of "eventType" parameters, where previously it was unlimited. My app requests multiple event types, so I'm still getting Error 400.

For example, this works:

api.woot.com/2/events.json?key=MyKey&site=sellout.woot.com&eventType=Daily&eventType=WootPlus

but this fails:

api.woot.com/2/events.json?key=MyKey&site=sellout.woot.com&eventType=Daily&eventType=WootPlus&eventType=Moofi

Here's a typical request for my server, if you want to use it for testing:

api.woot.com/2/events.json?site=computers.woot.com&key=MyKey&select=Id,Type,Title,StartDate,EndDate,Offers.Id,Offers.PercentageRemaining,Offers.Title&eventType=Daily&eventType=WootOff&eventType=WootPlus&eventType=Ghost&eventType=Moofi

lichme

robr wrote:Thanks for the update. I see it's working for my previous simple example, but now it appears that there's a limit of 2 on the number of "eventType" parameters, where previously it was unlimited. My app requests multiple event types, so I'm still getting Error 400.

For example, this works:

api.woot.com/2/events.json?key=MyKey&site=sellout.woot.com&eventType=Daily&eventType=WootPlus

but this fails:

api.woot.com/2/events.json?key=MyKey&site=sellout.woot.com&eventType=Daily&eventType=WootPlus&eventType=Moofi

api.woot.com/2/events.json?site=computers.woot.com&key=MyKey&select=Id,Type,Title,StartDate,EndDate,Offers.Id,Offers.PercentageRemaining,Offers.Title&eventType=Daily&eventType=WootOff&eventType=WootPlus&eventType=Ghost&eventType=Moofi

My issue seems to be when selecting specific parameters (select=)

robr

lichme wrote:My issue seems to be when selecting specific parameters (select=)

I didn't check my select results; I'll take a look tomorrow.

How is select misbehaving on you?

sriramk2387

Staff

robr wrote:Thanks for the update. I see it's working for my previous simple example, but now it appears that there's a limit of 2 on the number of "eventType" parameters, where previously it was unlimited. My app requests multiple event types, so I'm still getting Error 400.

For example, this works:

but this fails:

We will take a look at this tomorrow morning. Thanks for reporting!

lichme

robr wrote:I didn't check my select results; I'll take a look tomorrow.

How is select misbehaving on you?

Same issue you have above, although it could be caused by a specific select type I'm querying

lichme

504 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.
For more information on how to troubleshoot this error, please refer to the CloudFront documentation (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/http-504-gateway-timeout.html).

robr

sriramk2387 wrote:We will take a look at this tomorrow morning. Thanks for reporting!

Hi! Just wanted to touch base to see if there are any updates on the API fix. Thanks!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1037 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

robr wrote:Hi! Just wanted to touch base to see if there are any updates on the API fix. Thanks!

They're chasing it down. We appreciate your patience.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

tomingulfbreeze

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tomingulfbreeze

Well, that explains why my bot just tweeted out a bunch of fake wootoff items.

lichme

And...... 403: Forbidden

If you could unblock my server, that would be great.

robr

ThunderThighs wrote:They're chasing it down. We appreciate your patience.

Hmmm... It looks like if I have multiple eventType parameters, it has problems:

&eventType=Daily&eventType=WootOff

But if I comma-separate them in one eventType param, it appears to work:

&eventType=Daily,WootOff

BTW, I think having a mix of multiple eventType and select causes problems, as if there's a limit on the number of params allowed.

Is the loss of multiple "eventType" params a permanent change, or are you guys still working on the API fix?

lichme

robr wrote:Hmmm... It looks like if I have multiple eventType parameters, it has problems:

&eventType=Daily&eventType=WootOff

But if I comma-separate them in one eventType param, it appears to work:

&eventType=Daily,WootOff

BTW, I think having a mix of multiple eventType and select causes problems, as if there's a limit on the number of params allowed.

Is the loss of multiple "eventType" params a permanent change, or are you guys still working on the API fix?

I was able to query multiple EventTypes with no issues prior to being IP blacklisted (I assume)

Edit: Connected to a VPN. Verified, am IP Blocked

theocarpenter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theocarpenter

Staff

lichme wrote:I was able to query multiple EventTypes with no issues prior to being IP blacklisted (I assume)

Try again Sir!

tomingulfbreeze

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tomingulfbreeze

Last night, using

http://api.woot.com/2/events.json?eventtype=Daily&select=Site,Title,StartDate,EndDate,Offers.Title,Offers.Url,Offers.Photos,Offers.PercentageRemaining,Offers.Items.SalePrice,Offers.Items.Attributes&key=(my key)

I got 5mb of data back with more items than i care to count.

The night before, the same request got me 36k of data with one item per site.

I had to shut down any attempt to detect a wootoff because it was about to get me banned from twitter for posting SPAM.

lichme

theocarpenter wrote:Try again Sir!

My home PC works again, my web server is still down. I'll PM you the address.

theocarpenter

Staff

lichme wrote:My home PC works again, my web server is still down. I'll PM you the address.

Got it, replied in PM. You should be set now.

theocarpenter

Staff

tomingulfbreeze wrote:Last night, using

http://api.woot.com/2/events.json?eventtype=Daily&select=Site,Title,StartDate,EndDate,Offers.Title,Offers.Url,Offers.Photos,Offers.PercentageRemaining,Offers.Items.SalePrice,Offers.Items.Attributes&key=(my key)

I got 5mb of data back with more items than i care to count.

The night before, the same request got me 36k of data with one item per site.

I had to shut down any attempt to detect a wootoff because it was about to get me banned from twitter for posting SPAM.

I checked today and it is a large object due to us selling clothing items, which return lots of variants due to size, color, etc. However, the data is correct and only showing the daily offers for each site.

Can you check again and make sure you're seeing the same data?

lichme

theocarpenter wrote:Got it, replied in PM. You should be set now.

That part if it is working, sent a response for a (non critical) issue. Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

sriramk2387

Staff

lichme wrote:I was able to query multiple EventTypes with no issues prior to being IP blacklisted (I assume)

EventType, site can now take in multiple values - though the format is changed a bit now. Instead of sending them through multiple parameters, send them as comma separated.

Example
New method that works
http://api.woot.com/2/events.json?site=computers.woot.com&select=Id,Type,Title,StartDate,EndDate,Offers.Id,Offers.PercentageRemaining,Offers.Title&eventType=Daily,WootOff,WootPlus,Ghost,Moofi&key=key

Old method that is obsolete now
http://api.woot.com/2/events.json?site=computers.woot.com&select=Id,Type,Title,StartDate,EndDate,Offers.Id,Offers.PercentageRemaining,Offers.Title&eventType=Daily&eventType=WootOff&eventType=WootPlus&eventType=Ghost&eventType=Moofi&key=key

sriramk2387

Staff

lichme wrote:504 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.
For more information on how to troubleshoot this error, please refer to the CloudFront documentation (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/http-504-gateway-timeout.html).

We had latency issues yesterday and that should all be fixed now. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues. Thank you!