Back to Amazon.com

dfunk29

quality posts: 57 Private Messages dfunk29
Nitetigrezz wrote:That's pretty cool. We were always a Nintendo family (except when my brother first branched out into PS1 and Pa Rappa the Rapper), so I never even knew this existed.

I totally forgot about Pa Rappa the Rapper! My friends and I were obsessed with that when we were in college. I don't think the songs left my brain for a whole year!

FrostByte

quality posts: 35 Private Messages FrostByte
dfunk29 wrote:I totally forgot about Pa Rappa the Rapper! My friends and I were obsessed with that when we were in college. I don't think the songs left my brain for a whole year!

I never played that game. I guess I always assumed it was a kids game. Is that true, or was it fun for all ages?

College gaming for me was typically Tekken or Twisted Metal.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 93 wine 5 shirt 43 sellout 25 kids 33 hh 2 moofi 5 home 10 sport 22
electronics 5 pop 4 tools 4 a&w 10 computers 3 gourmet 2 total 266

badges

dfunk29

I was always wondering what the little controller in people's signature was, and I finally clicked on one & I was so excited that I found this thread.

This is aging me a bit, and I don't know if it's technically a video game system, but does anyone else remember playing Munch Man on the TI gaming console? My friend and I sat & wasted an entire summer playing it.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 197 Private Messages ROGETRAY
dfunk29 wrote:I was always wondering what the little controller in people's signature was, and I finally clicked on one & I was so excited that I found this thread.

This is aging me a bit, and I don't know if it's technically a video game system, but does anyone else remember playing Munch Man on the TI gaming console? My friend and I sat & wasted an entire summer playing it.

Wait..the TI calculators?

Like Snake/Nibbles? hahhha

dfunk29

FrostByte wrote:I never played that game. I guess I always assumed it was a kids game. Is that true, or was it fun for all ages?

I think it was a kids game. We usually stuck to Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and of course the sports games.
One of my friends bought it and we were making fun of him until we played it too. If it was for kids, it was pretty addictive. It's like that game Simon with the flashing lights, only there's a rapping puppy. I thought it was fun back then.

ROGETRAY

dfunk29 wrote:I think it was a kids game. We usually stuck to Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and of course the sports games.
One of my friends bought it and we were making fun of him until we played it too. If it was for kids, it was pretty addictive. It's like that game Simon with the flashing lights, only there's a rapping puppy. I thought it was fun back then.

Simon is the greatest game EVAR. So terrific as a memory game. I used to love playing it. I would always run out of batteries though hahaha

dfunk29

ROGETRAY wrote:Wait..the TI calculators?

Like Snake/Nibbles? hahhha

Nibbles? Haha! I've never heard it called that before. Nope, I'm talking about the TI 99.

I think from 1982? The games weren't to bad, but I remember Munch Man as a very very bad version of Pac-Man, but instead of eating the ghost, it sounded like you were kissing them to death. 💋

ROGETRAY

dfunk29 wrote:Nibbles? Haha! I've never heard it called that before. Nope, I'm talking about the TI 99.

I think from 1982? The games weren't to bad, but I remember Munch Man as a very very bad version of Pac-Man, but instead of eating the ghost, it sounded like you were kissing them to death. 💋

Yeah! When you said TI I thought you meant the TI-83 (or 84, 85, etc.)

During Calculus classes in high school I had a TI-83 plus and you could download programs to play games. Some called the game "Snakes" or "Nibbles" after the Atari versions:

dfunk29

ROGETRAY wrote:Simon is the greatest game EVAR. So terrific as a memory game. I used to love playing it. I would always run out of batteries though hahaha

I know! I love it too, but even worse than the batteries running out - the light bulb burning out! Especially yellow - you can't tell unless you're in the dark.
That'll mess with your developing mind.

dfunk29

ROGETRAY wrote:Yeah! When you said TI I thought you meant the TI-83 (or 84, 85, etc.)

During Calculus classes in high school I had a TI-83 plus and you could download programs to play games. Some called the game "Snakes" or "Nibbles" after the Atari versions:

Oh that's where the "Nibbles" name is from!
Yeah, I had to buy a TI-83 for an Algebra class. I could barely work the darn thing, let alone download games on it. It's pretty sweet though, clear acrylic blue in a case.
You're right about the TI-99 though, it's Texas Instruments.

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Been too long since I visited this thread x.x

FrostByte wrote:I never played that game. I guess I always assumed it was a kids game. Is that true, or was it fun for all ages?

It was technically a kids game, though my brother was seven years older than me and we both loved it XD It was a great introduction to the PS1 controller and the songs were catchy as hell o.o Once you got into the later levels, it definitely felt like it was geared more toward late teens - especially that last spider level!

I still get the songs stuck in my head from time to time, especially with how often I had to play some of the levels >.> Definitely held replayable value though once you learned how to spice up the rhymes and get extra points.

Fuuu, now I have the driving song stuck in my head x.x

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Nitetigrezz

ROGETRAY wrote:Simon is the greatest game EVAR. So terrific as a memory game. I used to love playing it. I would always run out of batteries though hahaha

Lucky bastards >.< We only had that small portable simon game that had the rectangular buttons with the small red LED lights that lit up instead of the buttons themselves. When I was young, I was always so envious of the kids who had the legit version.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

debraae

quality posts: 37 Private Messages debraae
Nitetigrezz wrote:Lucky bastards >.< We only had that small portable simon game that had the rectangular buttons with the small red LED lights that lit up instead of the buttons themselves. When I was young, I was always so envious of the kids who had the legit version.

Ohhhh... I LOVED Simon. Played all the time, like RogetRay. I was the Simon master of my block.

Good times.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 63 Private Messages mdrcoast

I loved my Merlin

debraae

mdrcoast wrote:I loved my Merlin

YES!!! I loved Merlin too - forgot all about it.

Man, toys rocked back then!

Nitetigrezz

Does anyone else remember the game Lights Out? I used to hate it, yet somehow it became our ultimate go-to game whenever we were stuck in the car for extended periods of time (which was often since the nearest movie theater/grocery store/clothing store/etc was a half hour away and the nearest shopping mall was two hours away x.x).

debraae

Nitetigrezz wrote:Does anyone else remember the game Lights Out? I used to hate it, yet somehow it became our ultimate go-to game whenever we were stuck in the car for extended periods of time (which was often since the nearest movie theater/grocery store/clothing store/etc was a half hour away and the nearest shopping mall was two hours away x.x).

Hmm....I don't remember Lights out, but how about these? Anyone remember playing with these while listening to Journey, or was it just me?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mdrcoast wrote:I loved my Merlin

YES! I had one of those!

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

FrostByte

debraae wrote:Hmm....I don't remember Lights out, but how about these? Anyone remember playing with these while listening to Journey, or was it just me?

My grandma had both of these, and we loved them. Or, at least they beat out Lincoln Logs and Wonder Blocks.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

badges

remo28

quality posts: 32 Private Messages remo28
debraae wrote:Hmm....I don't remember Lights out, but how about these? Anyone remember playing with these while listening to Journey, or was it just me?

We had the baseball one, it was kept in the camper. Then when someone was bored out of their minds we could at least have something to do while on family trips.

remo28

We also had these

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
Nitetigrezz wrote:Does anyone else remember the game Lights Out? I used to hate it, yet somehow it became our ultimate go-to game whenever we were stuck in the car for extended periods of time (which was often since the nearest movie theater/grocery store/clothing store/etc was a half hour away and the nearest shopping mall was two hours away x.x).

Still have it in a drawer. Battery probably is totally corroded by now.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

Had Soccer and Racing. Would absolutely never have been listening to Journey.

stryper2000

quality posts: 80 Private Messages stryper2000

I had it on Game Com , didn't play it much

[/url] x A lot

remo28

This was a personal favorite

stryper2000

speaking of pocket electronic games

i remember getting jealous of the other kids in school who had these

[/url] x A lot

stryper2000

remo28 wrote:This was a personal favorite

i don't think i have ever seen this before

[/url] x A lot

remo28

stryper2000 wrote:i don't think i have ever seen this before

It was like a paceman ripoff. The map was actually raised plastic on the screen. It made a lot of beeping noises. My brothers and I played it a lot. Not sure when it was new, but we had it in he early 80s I'd guess.

kalee11

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kalee11

Guys, I just got 617 lines in Tetris before I had to quit or risk getting sucked in forever. I have a Tetris problem. What's your problem game?

ROGETRAY

kalee11 wrote:Guys, I just got 617 lines in Tetris before I had to quit or risk getting sucked in forever. I have a Tetris problem. What's your problem game?

Ahhh geeeze! 617 lines! hahahah wow

Ummm...to answer your question:

My current problem game is Hearthstone.

I can play for HOURS....I MEAN HOURS...NEARLY DAYS.

I get sucked in and then turn around to look at the clock and it's 8 hrs later.

Ridiculous, it's just a card game LOL

kalee11

ROGETRAY wrote:Ahhh geeeze! 617 lines! hahahah wow

Ummm...to answer your question:

My current problem game is Hearthstone.

I can play for HOURS....I MEAN HOURS...NEARLY DAYS.

I get sucked in and then turn around to look at the clock and it's 8 hrs later.

Ridiculous, it's just a card game LOL

Yeah, I was watching the tetris game during the writer's cam, and it was a little painful. I once played for over an hour without stopping and went into like a Tetris daze, it was not good.

I've never heard of Hearthstone, now I kind of want to play, but I think it might be hazardous to my health.

ROGETRAY

kalee11 wrote:Yeah, I was watching the tetris game during the writer's cam, and it was a little painful. I once played for over an hour without stopping and went into like a Tetris daze, it was not good.

I've never heard of Hearthstone, now I kind of want to play, but I think it might be hazardous to my health.

If you know what's good for you...YOU WILL NOT.

It's basically World of Warcraft with a twist of Magic the Gathering.

The game is free and you can pretty much work towards earning coins to pay for booster packs.

It's the nicotine of online card games.

A couple of months ago they also came out with an expansion/single player campaign.

If we never see or hear from you again, it's been a pleasure being your moderator.

FrostByte

dfunk29 wrote:[quote postid="5964005" user="ROGETRAY"]

Week of 9/8/14

Arkham Origins - Xbox 360

I got this game and Arkham City: GOTY at the same time & I can't remember which one is at my brother's & which one Batman's trapped on top of a gargoyle in.

Arkham Asylum just went free for PS3 on PSplus. Still no Arkham Origins though (at least not at that price point).

badges

FrostByte

ROGETRAY wrote:If you know what's good for you...YOU WILL NOT.

It's basically World of Warcraft with a twist of Magic the Gathering.

The game is free and you can pretty much work towards earning coins to pay for booster packs.

It's the nicotine of online card games.

A couple of months ago they also came out with an expansion/single player campaign.

If we never see or hear from you again, it's been a pleasure being your moderator.

I know Penny Arcade mentioned this game more than once on their strip and in their comments.

badges

ROGETRAY

FrostByte wrote:Arkham Asylum just went free for PS3 on PSplus. Still no Arkham Origins though (at least not at that price point).

I've played Arkham City and Origins but oddly enough I've NEVER played Asylum.

I'd imagine they're pretty much all the same? Would Asylum maybe just have less gadgets and villains?

Nitetigrezz

stryper2000 wrote:speaking of pocket electronic games

i remember getting jealous of the other kids in school who had these

O.O Oh wow! My older brother had this, and then I had it (7 years younger than him), and then I passed it on to my younger s-sister (8 years younger than me). It's such a simple game, yet the playability of it seems to surpass generations!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
dfunk29 wrote:Oh that's where the "Nibbles" name is from!
Yeah, I had to buy a TI-83 for an Algebra class. I could barely work the darn thing, let alone download games on it. It's pretty sweet though, clear acrylic blue in a case.
You're right about the TI-99 though, it's Texas Instruments.

I think Nibbles was originally a game Microsoft created to demonstrate their new QBasic language. The style of game is much older, but the name elsewhere is an homage to the once ubiquitous Microsoft version.

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

I bought Kerbal Space Program last week on sale and am thoroughly enjoying it so far. Anyone else played it?

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

remo28

I finally ordered Lego Hobbit (I am totally addicted to the silly Lego games). It will be here tomorrow and I don't have to work until Tuesday. Woohoo!

kalee11

remo28 wrote:I finally ordered Lego Hobbit (I am totally addicted to the silly Lego games). It will be here tomorrow and I don't have to work until Tuesday. Woohoo!

I want to play the Lego games! I have a 3DS, do you have a favorite?