pepper114


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pepper114
mick52 wrote:i have liked reading everything you post!!!

so talk pepper talk!! lol

your cats all look so great.

i take care of MANY cats.... for a long while now. i will post a couple pics. like soonish...





Thank you!
The kitties rule my life. I got Scooter from a free kitten ad then went back for his brother Roscoe. They took over my house. Helper and Princess came from my dad's patio. I try very hard not to get attached to them, but its hard. I knew right away Helpy was mine, but Princess was a surprise. She was kinda ferrel at first. Theres a lady on the street who has kittens but just turns them loose, so they have kittens and most of the time they're wild. Its an unspoken neighborhood tradition to try taming them down and giving them away. There's an abandoned factory at the end of the street where people drop unwanted pets too.

This is fun. Its nice to get away from problems and stress. With it being cold and crappy out there's nothing fun to do outside and I'm sick of being inside. We had a couple nice days where you could open the windows but then the girl across the street decided to yell at some kids really really loudly. The kids impressed me though. She was in their faces cursing at them but they stood their ground and spoke politely back. I think this is why I prefer cats lol.

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Stupid Monday

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

monday

feel bad for marathoners

raining and cold

back to work

ugh

I should have tried to make this a haiku lol



pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady

38, feels like 30, and it's blizzarding. Blech!



I think my guardian angel drinks.

WoosterRooster


quality posts: 2 Private Messages WoosterRooster

Cluck Cluck

40 here. Sprinkling. Very high raintable from the heavy rains we've had. Muddy mess.

I'll stay inside and watch quality TV.

I'm Wooster, the Woot Rooster

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Who wore their pajamas to work today?

pepper114


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pepper114
daveinwarshington wrote:Who wore their pajamas to work today?



I always giggle a little when I see socks with sandals. Footie pjs with sandals is the new best thing ever. No more pesky sock tan lines.

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
MrWhiskrs wrote:~~meow~~

Hai Guz...

Thanks for sending the bail money for my human. I was getting hungry.

Actually, he was a little "under the weather"

I don't know what that means, but he got lots of nice visits from the little humans (that pick me up and squeeze me) (and some big humans) while he NEVER seemed to get dressed...well...that part is nothing new.

But he wanted me to tell you he is alive. He misses you people.

Mr Whiskers!
I'm happy to see you are OK and have not eaten your human yet. Tell your human to feel better soon and to enjoy Pajama Day today.

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
pepper114 wrote:
Thank you!
The kitties rule my life. I got Scooter from a free kitten ad then went back for his brother Roscoe. They took over my house. Helper and Princess came from my dad's patio. I try very hard not to get attached to them, but its hard. I knew right away Helpy was mine, but Princess was a surprise. She was kinda ferrel at first. Theres a lady on the street who has kittens but just turns them loose, so they have kittens and most of the time they're wild. Its an unspoken neighborhood tradition to try taming them down and giving them away. There's an abandoned factory at the end of the street where people drop unwanted pets too.

This is fun. Its nice to get away from problems and stress. With it being cold and crappy out there's nothing fun to do outside and I'm sick of being inside. We had a couple nice days where you could open the windows but then the girl across the street decided to yell at some kids really really loudly. The kids impressed me though. She was in their faces cursing at them but they stood their ground and spoke politely back. I think this is why I prefer cats lol.

Yes. I'd probably prefer cats to some people I've met. LOL

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
pepper114 wrote:I always giggle a little when I see socks with sandals. Footie pjs with sandals is the new best thing ever. No more pesky sock tan lines.



I meant to tell you, your cats are so beautiful. So big and juicy! My 18 year old cat is my biggest cat, fat too. Two are pretty small.

My three tiny babies are doing great, all gained little more than an ounce since Thursday.
We are weaning them with food and formula, no more bottles.
They get all in the food and get MESSY!
They use the litter box, yeah!

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
daveinwarshington wrote:Mr Whiskers!
I'm happy to see you are OK and have not eaten your human yet. Tell your human to feel better soon and to enjoy Pajama Day today.


I don’t know, Mr Whiskers is highly intelligent!
It might be a cover-up!

I smell a rat!
They might be in on this together.



hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:Thank you, I'll put them on my grocery list. Wait, who makes the cauliflower ones? I don't like pot pies but husband really likes Marie Callendar's chicken pot pie. I buy them for him. Then I get something with lots of broccoli or Brussels sprouts because he doesn't like those. Anyone else?



Sorry for signing off before I got your question last night, Poof.

Birds Eye does the mashed cauliflower.

We've got some Green Giant Veggie Tots in the freezer right now, supposed to be a healthy alternative to tater tots. Haven't tried them yet.

They are also making frozen Veggie Spirals. I like those with spaghetti sauce, but the fresh ones sometimes get slimy before we get to them.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
moles1138 wrote:I do not miss the days of clove cigarettes



Oh dear god, I remember those things...I can still taste them...gaah, how did we do that?

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
WoosterRooster wrote:Cluck Cluck

40 here. Sprinkling. Very high raintable from the heavy rains we've had. Muddy mess.

I'll stay inside and watch quality TV.


SUPER CHICKEN! Oh Wooster, you don't know how much that means to me!

My dad and I used to watch that show together when I was just a little, little girl. He could do the bucka-bucka-bucka-bucka Super Chicken call, and we knew all the words to the theme song!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

moles1138


quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

80 on Friday. Snow (flakes) today.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
daveinwarshington wrote:Who wore their pajamas to work today?



Dang, I wish I'd known that.

Our computers were down most of the day. They let us go home an hour early (after wasting 5 hours).

Shoulda stayed home in my PJs.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
moles1138 wrote:80 on Friday. Snow (flakes) today.



Crazy! We have localized flooding today and there was at least 1 confirmed tornado in the state last night (not near me).

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

pepper114


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pepper114
Calgaltoal wrote:I meant to tell you, your cats are so beautiful. So big and juicy! My 18 year old cat is my biggest cat, fat too. Two are pretty small.

My three tiny babies are doing great, all gained little more than an ounce since Thursday.
We are weaning them with food and formula, no more bottles.
They get all in the food and get MESSY!
They use the litter box, yeah!



Thank you. The orange ones were tiny when I got them. Rumor has it their daddy was a mountain lion. I never dreamed they'd get so big.

Those babies are so sweet. I'm glad you went back for them. Yay for the litter box! Have you named them yet?

pepper114


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pepper114
moles1138 wrote:80 on Friday. Snow (flakes) today.



This weather is nuts. I think the roads might be ice in the morning. There is a lot of water on them. I hope not, but its supposed to get cold.

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
pooflady wrote:Can I interrupt? I've been cooking for a lot of years. Frankly, I'm tired of it. We go out a lot more than we used to. Hell, we can finally afford it. But I'm also buying ready-made stuff. Some good, some not so good. Example: Ore-Ida Steam & Mash Potatoes. Tweaked, just as good as I can make and lots easier. Voila Family Meals - some really good, some I wouldn't buy again. So now I'm looking for a good mac & cheese product. Frozen/refrigerated/whatever. Anyone?

I've never tried a box or instant mac & cheese in decades. I hope they are better than they were back in the 70's... I survived on HungryMan TV dinners and cheap beer for years.
Mrs. d does a mac & cheese probably as fast as the box stuff.
I'm glad the mash potatoes are better then before. Seems like they used to be odd & grainy tasting...

WoosterRooster


quality posts: 2 Private Messages WoosterRooster
hot72chev wrote:SUPER CHICKEN! Oh Wooster, you don't know how much that means to me!

My dad and I used to watch that show together when I was just a little, little girl. He could do the bucka-bucka-bucka-bucka Super Chicken call, and we knew all the words to the theme song!

Cluck Cluck
I'm happy that brought back memories!

I'm Wooster, the Woot Rooster

pooflady


quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady

We've probably had 20 snowstorms today and maybe 20 minutes of sun in between.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

marlenestclair


quality posts: 16 Private Messages marlenestclair
hot72chev wrote:SUPER CHICKEN! Oh Wooster, you don't know how much that means to me!

My dad and I used to watch that show together when I was just a little, little girl. He could do the bucka-bucka-bucka-bucka Super Chicken call, and we knew all the words to the theme song!



You knew the job was dangerous when you took it!!

x14


marlenestclair


quality posts: 16 Private Messages marlenestclair
moles1138 wrote:80 on Friday. Snow (flakes) today.



Welcome to all the seasons in a week!

x14


mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

HOLY GUACAMOLE!!

I GOT THE BEST PACKAGE TODAY FROM DAVE!



mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

the box, which cost like an arm and a leg to send priority mail, arrived today. what an amazing box! thank you dave, you sure know how to cheer up someone who had a rough week.

first...

beer!



lots of beer, including some brand new reds for me to try!!



mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

to cushion the beer, all sort of interesting woot artifacts!



I love the woot pins!

the cats were interested in the spinners







mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

I believe the word son used was "dweeb" when I put on the beer belt. hmph, some people have no sense of style!



shortman


quality posts: 117 Private Messages shortman

Great haul MBS! You are brave to show your beer belt in action! Good job!

mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

BUT... I think this is what will make you most jealous...



a signed, personalized photo of Wooster!

JACKPOT!!!!



mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
shortman wrote:Great haul MBS! You are brave to show your beer belt in action! Good job!



I walked very carefully into the other room to show mr. mbspell. I was afraid the beer would fall out and break! lol



mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

seriously, dave, thanks again for the fantastic package. I'm sure you had as much fun putting it together as I did when I sent you the Christmas beer package.

I'd like to get a beer exchange set up for any members of green who are interested. I will probably do it in June, as May will be a blur for me, but start thinking about if you are interested or not. it's been fun sending local beers to green teamers who are far away.



mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

too bad I have to work tomorrow bright and early at a new store. I am going to carefully choose a couple of the beers and put them in the fridge for later this week.

today was rainy and miserable, as any of you who saw any footage of the Boston Marathon are aware. some places got over 3 inches of rain.

the upside was it kept the day quiet at work.

tomorrow I am helping out at another store. it's in a rougher side of the city than my usual store. I've been warned about it, but I'm hoping it's mainly exaggeration. then tomorrow night is the wake and the funeral is weds. sigh.

mr. mbspell seems to be improving each day. we are trying to get plenty of rest and eat well.

no updates from cklun yet. I think ship wifi is probably not so great.



mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
moles1138 wrote:AND...3 of them are something Oogie likes.

I actually passed on Crystal Method last weekend.
Could've travelled to Columbus for Front 242. But I might see Killing Joke there later this year.



I think I'd like to see Utopia this spring. I know mr. mbspell would not want to see Front 242. heck, I might be too old for that.

was playing some old punk stuff for K the other day. Black Flag, FEAR, Dead Kennedys, etc. then showed him some of my old college band tees. he said he might have been afraid of 19 year old me, LOL



mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell



thanks again, dave, for the package, and all the greens, for always being here and supporting me through good times and bad. GREEN IS THE BEST!



mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell



mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell




I made you into a gif, Wooster!!



mbspell


quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

speaking of wonderful greens, I got your card today, Mar. thank you, I appreciate your prayers and kind words. xo



bestsportnascar


quality posts: 48 Private Messages bestsportnascar
mbspell wrote:



It's actually a secondary color, made of the primes blue and yellow.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯