ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dafrogman wrote:Alrighty... Letter crap arrived today. Wifey sent me a picture and a message begging me to come home from work. Kids could hardly wait to open it, and she wanted to keep her sanity.

...yep, that's it, blocking the entryway, right next to (and larger than) the half-ton hunk of granite. By that logic, it's much heavier than the stated 50lb shipping weight.

Opening it went way too fast... Just like Christmas morning. Here's the haul:

This pink iPhone case has it all... Inner shell, outer case, belt holster, kickstand, swivel ring clip and attached stylus. It fully quadruples the phone's thickness:

The bowtie says it's for dogs, but Abby seemed more excited about the sunglasses:

Lots of great stuff - not disappointing at all! The Kelty backpack and the hydration pack (from the original crap) are each worth $100 on Amazon. The sweatshirt looks pricey too. Lots of other usable stuff. Definitely got my $5 worth.

Every bit as magical as I imagined. Big thank-you to Woot, WootBot, but especially to TT.... she works so hard to keep surprises like this coming every month. I know she takes a lot of pride in what she does.

None of my relatives in that book. Oh well.

That phone case is pretty darn protective.

Give pupster a scritch from me for being so patient.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

gervinb wrote:The little guy was dancing around in his Bundles of Crayons shirt this morning.

Thanks again Woot!

Great pic and lucky fit! That's a great shirt!

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

JMLawless22 wrote:...
Woot, you have done your job - a 15 year old boy could not have been more disappointed with his Bundles of Crayons!

But...but... A SALAD SPINNER!!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

gorillo wrote:My Letter Crap is here!!! And it's all mine!!!

The whole (cr)happy family got involved!

In this amazingly large Bundle of Confusion:

One pair eclipse glasses
I won't need them again for a while

Sandbag type GPS dash mount
More office clean out!

5-pack of mini writing tablets
I had a ton of those from visiting a woot wine tasting

Small whiteboard
Great for practicing math with the kid when he was young

Great photo with the family! I hope you enjoyed the experience. I love seeing these posts.

gervinb

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gervinb
ThunderThighs wrote:Great pic and lucky fit! That's a great shirt!

Thanks!

He LOVES it when we get a Bundles of Crayons. He tries to claim most of the items every single time.

This time he didn't have much competition - his siblings are too big for the shirt, and are too old to want to play with the toy food.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
dafrogman wrote:Alrighty... Letter crap arrived today. Wifey sent me a picture and a message begging me to come home from work.

Opening it went way too fast... Just like Christmas morning. Here's the haul

The bowtie says it's for dogs, but Abby seemed more excited about the sunglasses:

Lots of great stuff - not disappointing at all! The Kelty backpack and the hydration pack (from the original crap) are each worth $100 on Amazon. The sweatshirt looks pricey too. Lots of other usable stuff. Definitely got my $5 worth.

Every bit as magical as I imagined. Big thank-you to Woot, WootBot, but especially to TT.... she works so hard to keep surprises like this coming every month. I know she takes a lot of pride in what she does.

You hit the jackpot, Frogman! Got some great crap!
Love those magic sponges!
Abby looks so chill!
(I had a black lab, Abbey)

Yes, TT fixed you up real good! Congrats!!!!

musmagic

quality posts: 10 Private Messages musmagic

sooo....I was trying to get this going, but either imgur is having problems, or my imgur app is.

Either way, uploads aren't working for me at the moment. I have all the stuffs typed out....I'll update my letter crap once I get the pics uploaded.

I too like to spread disappoint...

-mus

musmagic

Sorry for the wait....got some pics now. I blurred the background of the first pic so you don't get confused between the crap that came in the box and the crap all over the office!

Here is what I received:

1 - Braveman brand peacoat - XL - my size...gotta pass the "fashion check" with my wife tho
1 - spiked dog collar - Baley will have to try it on
1 - Congrats Grad mylar balloon
1 - Starwood Sports silicon wedding band - black
1 - paper notepad
1 - Photos of Asia book
1 - coffee plunger
1 - purple belt - I like purple
1 - Kung Zhu toy
1 - Lifeline Power Wheel
1 - Sheep with duck colors clock - broken
1 - Totally Cute makeup pack
1 - Cordless phone base, no phone
? - various power supplies and microphone
1 - pack of stuff that makes no sense to me - industrial use it appears
1 - phone case to a phone I don't recognize
1 - Pizza stone
1 - Netgear N router - maybe one of those power supplies will help here
1 - 5 pack of USB car adapters - 3 ports each
1 - Samsung activity tracker
1 - pack of drink napkins
1 - Konjac Sponge
1 - Dog bed - Baley will try this too, but it may be too small
1 - 3 pack of fake candles that look real
1 - Sinpad Laptop Backpack

And then...

50ish - bouncy balls!!!
Storage container set

Thank you Wootbot for my extra craps!

-mus

ThunderThighs

Staff

musmagic wrote:Sorry for the wait....got some pics now. I blurred the background of the first pic so you don't get confused between the crap that came in the box and the crap all over the office!

Here is what I received:

? - various power supplies and microphone

And then...

50ish - bouncy balls!!!
Storage container set

Thank you Wootbot for my extra craps!

Huh. Wonder who will get the phone. Enjoy the cables. Office cleaning sucks but Bundles of Crayons benefits. LOL

And BOUNCY BALLS!!!!

SylvreKat

quality posts: 37 Private Messages SylvreKat
sgtamber wrote:OH I'm so jealous of the Army men. That would have been much better than the balloons.Mostly Star Wars but we've also done Firefly. I've also done Walking Dead and Resident Evil costumes for my oldest son.

Here is my Husband and our boys

OOOoooo, as in a book about the art in a specific gallery?

It's call Framed: Art for Spaces. It is mostly new artist. It includes contact info for the artist as well.

Wanna do tradesies?

What do you have to trade? I'm definitely willing to let go of the Dark Shadows DVDs and the Art Book.

To paraphrase, "Isn't he a little short for a Stormtrooper?" You, ma'am, have some incredible mad costuming skills!

Re: the book--should I be concerned that literally the ONLY site that comes up when I googled the title was Amazon? And they have no description of it, no reviews of it, and only the photo of the cover? Are the majority of the pics inside in color?

Re: tradesies--I'll look tom. Morn if I wake up in time, otherwise after work. I'll PM you and let you know what I have.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1

sgtamber

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sgtamber
SylvreKat wrote:To paraphrase, "Isn't he a little short for a Stormtrooper?" You, ma'am, have some incredible mad costuming skills!

Re: the book--should I be concerned that literally the ONLY site that comes up when I googled the title was Amazon? And they have no description of it, no reviews of it, and only the photo of the cover? Are the majority of the pics inside in color?

Re: tradesies--I'll look tom. Morn if I wake up in time, otherwise after work. I'll PM you and let you know what I have.

>'Kat

Thanks!

The pictures are in color. It has some cool pics in it. Just PM me when you get a chance. I can try to take pics of a couple of pages for you, if you would like. I likely won't respond until Monday. I'll be at the soccer fields all weekend.

X6

modi123

quality posts: 20 Private Messages modi123
musmagic wrote:[...]
[...]

The fun happens when late at night you hear a beeping at irregular intervals.

Beep-beep... Beep...
Beep... Beep-beep...

Rubbing your bleary eyes you shuffle out of bed to see what the ruckus is.

Giving the one eye squint at fire alarm for the hope of a tell-tale sign of dying batteries you head down the stairs to track the sounds to the kitchen.

The beeping continues, and it sounds more urgent.

Beep-beep... Beep... Beep-BEEP!

It is hard to pinpoint but you manage to track to a battered box. Ugh, why is your woot Bundles of Crayons beeping? What did those tricksters do now?

Vowing to write a strongly worded forum post decrying the lost kids.woot and how your business will be gone forever you start rummaging past the dog bed, pizza stone, Netgear N router, 3 pack of fake candles that look real, and bouncie balls you see the blinking red light from the cordless phone base (no phone). You can't remember if these things have batteries and put it on the island counter top to get a better look at it.

Beep-BEEP!!

The sound startles you and you drop the cordless phone base on the granite top. Hopefully that busted it and you can try to salvage your sleep.

Beep-beep.. BEEP.. BEEP.. BEEP..

*sigh* No such luck. Staring at it trying to find the battery hatch the realize creeps over you that the LED flashing red is not the power indicator, but the page. Wait a minute.. how can that be? This is a cordless phone base with no phone!

BEEP!!BEEP!!BEEP!!

Cautiously you click mash the 'answer' button and a cacophony of noise, screams, and grinding blast through the tiny speaker. Over the distorted tortured screams you make out a guttural baritone drawl out "Ahhhh, there you are. Yes, you will do. See you soon.".

Before you could start to calm the chittering simian part of your brain down you hear a distant jumble of sound growing in intensity.

There was no scream; there was no time.
The demon had paged the cordless phone base (no phone) and you answered.
There was only fire, pain, and then... nothing.

... thank goodness woot doesn't stock these things full of Halloween gear and Ouija boards!

x15(2017)

aprbellamy

quality posts: 24 Private Messages aprbellamy

2 phone cases
1 set of beige towels (2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths and 2 bath towels)
1 crap bag
1 wireless phone headset/ear piece
1 sergeant apron (includes a bandolier of beer coozies)
2 pink zipper pouches
1 Woot luggage tag
1 set of marshmazing, telescoping marshmallow roasting sticks (set of 10 with carrying case)
2 cables USB male to USB female
1 package of plastic, purple headphone jack plugs (not pictured) I guess these are used to keep dust out of your headphone jack.

musmagic

Baley likes the bed and spiked collar!

And the candles are surprisingly nice...real wax and scented.

-mus

SylvreKat

modi123 wrote:The fun happens when late at night you hear a beeping at irregular intervals.

Beep-beep... Beep...
Beep... Beep-beep...

... thank goodness woot doesn't stock these things full of Halloween gear and Ouija boards!

My stories are nowhere near as grand as yours, modi, but mine are both true.

1) my church had a garage sale. In the old sanctuary. We donated our old OUIJA board. I suppose that demon will be coming for Mum & me next , huh.

2) my Nanny always saved the fronts of cards for crafty-things. She would cut off the front and discard the back. I visited her and kept thinking I heard little tiny music. I finally decided I really did, and tracked it to her phone table, to a pretty card-front buried under her Omaha phonebooks. It was one of those that when you opened it, it played music. Apparently when she removed the back, she also removed whatever it is that turned off the nmad music. Thing had been going nonstop for over a week before I got there. It went the entire week I stayed. It finally died sometime the next month. I think Nanny felt like the demon had visited and was tormenting her. But she refused to throw it away as that would've been wasting a very pretty card front.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1

SylvreKat

sgtamber wrote:Thanks!

The pictures are in color. It has some cool pics in it. Just PM me when you get a chance. I can try to take pics of a couple of pages for you, if you would like. I likely won't respond until Monday. I'll be at the soccer fields all weekend.

PM sent.

I showed your stormtroopers to my AM. He's sort of making a costume of some soldier from some computer game. Don't ask me which, I've no idea. He was suitably impressed.

(edit to explain "sort of" as in he's been planning and designing and drawing patterns, but hasn't been inspired enough to actually start making parts. But between my Pooch costume and Planet ComiCon coming up in Feb, he's gotten the bug and is getting to it now)

Did you print the pieces then resin them? He's making his armor out of foam instead.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1

mdrcoast

quality posts: 60 Private Messages mdrcoast

Sorry so late, Hurricane Harvey delayed shipment and been very busy! Got lucky as some of my shipments did flood and were returned,

1 Bag
1 Dog Toy
1 Food Hugger
1 TSA Sticker
1 Woot Sticker
1 Set of markers
1 Moto 3 Case
1 Sumsung Screen Protecter
and 1 set of 13 Tevos which someone can definitely use!

Thanks for the great crap!!!!!

JOETXMX

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JOETXMX

Sorry for the delay here is my list of things I received.

1- black t-shirt with dig wearing sunglasses
1- five-star mead binder
1- ped egg pedicure feet file
1- solar eclipse sunglasses
1- finish-it! gear earphone connection
1- 50 kg luggage scale
1- box of exceptional 25 resume
envelopes
1- small camera bag (red)
80- green army soldiers
1- clover tea infuser
1- 2 pack microfiber car wash mitt & bug scrubber
1- vhs best of Carol Burnett show
1- 6s rose gold phone case
1- blank vhs tape
1- RCA universal remote control
1- x-Treme bright rear bike light
1- Crayola shadow fx color projector
1- swimming goggles
1- sting music cd
1- h20 countertop water filter
1- teak cutting board
1- computer bag
2- pillows
1- box of LED tea lights
1- pet bed
1- 4 qt silver stone ceramic saute cookware
1- 600 cartoon special edition tin
1- iron arms rotating forearm grips
1- neato cd labeler kit
1- RCA a/v source selector w/cable
8- grass pads
1- deluxe wearable device accessory(armband)

As promised here is my list and Thank you again.

ThunderThighs

Staff

JOETXMX wrote:

Sorry for the delay here is my list of things I received.

1- five-star mead binder
1- solar eclipse sunglasses
1- box of exceptional 25 resume
envelopes
1- vhs best of Carol Burnett show
1- blank vhs tape
1- RCA universal remote control
1- 600 cartoon special edition tin
1- neato cd labeler kit
1- RCA a/v source selector w/cable

As promised here is my list and Thank you again.

Well, you sure benefited from my housecleaning a couple weeks ago. LOL. I hope you can enjoy that VHS Carol Burnett tape. She's great.

Thanks for posting!

We're 6 for 6 for letter people posting that checked in.

We still have one out there that didn't check in.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Well, since we have one unclaimed letter, I'm going to randomly give out a big box of crap to someone that posted their crap this month.

Excel told me to go to the 13th page and the 20th post. And, if I counted correctly, that took me to WierdBMD's post.

So, WierdBMD, CS will be contacting you to see if you're game. You'll ave to post if so.

WierdBMD wrote:

Hey Woots, thanks for the Bundles of Crayons, sorry I didn't post the last one. I was in Africa when it arrived, and my kids opened and parsed everything out before I could take a picture. But as you can see, I got to it before the kids this time.
Included - (NO Letter )
Thank you WOOT!

whyheather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages whyheather
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, since we have one unclaimed letter, I'm going to randomly give out a big box of crap to someone that posted their crap this month.

Excel told me to go to the 13th page and the 20th post. And, if I counted correctly, that took me to WierdBMD's post.

So, WierdBMD, CS will be contacting you to see if you're game. You'll ave to post if so.

Congratulations. That is very nice

WierdBMD

quality posts: 9 Private Messages WierdBMD
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, since we have one unclaimed letter, I'm going to randomly give out a big box of crap to someone that posted their crap this month.

Thank you, Thank you. They haven't contacted me yet, but I follow the thread regularly to follow the excitement. So I just saw this. I can't wait to share in the glorious letter Bundles of Crayons ! My Birthday is on the 29th - This will make an AMAZING birthday present if it arrives by then. I am turning the BIG 3-0!

FrostByte

quality posts: 32 Private Messages FrostByte
WierdBMD wrote:Thank you, Thank you. They haven't contacted me yet, but I follow the thread regularly to follow the excitement. So I just saw this. I can't wait to share in the glorious letter Bundles of Crayons ! My Birthday is on the 29th - This will make an AMAZING birthday present if it arrives by then. I am turning the BIG 3-0!

Congrats and happy early b-day!

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 90 wine 5 shirt 43 sellout 18 kids 33 hh 2 moofi 5 home 10 sport 20
electronics 5 pop 4 tools 4 a&w 10 computers 3 gourmet 0 total 252

badges

ThunderThighs

Staff

WierdBMD wrote:Thank you, Thank you. They haven't contacted me yet, but I follow the thread regularly to follow the excitement. So I just saw this. I can't wait to share in the glorious letter Bundles of Crayons ! My Birthday is on the 29th - This will make an AMAZING birthday present if it arrives by then. I am turning the BIG 3-0!

Well awesome! No official email needed then. I'll get that thing started!

Woohoo!

WierdBMD

ThunderThighs wrote:Well awesome! No official email needed then. I'll get that thing started!

Woohoo!

YAY! Thank you!

modi123

quality posts: 20 Private Messages modi123

Congrats.. now I am jelly all over again.

x15(2017)

Aviary

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Aviary

Too late to change it to the first post on the 13th page? Oh, well. Congrats WierdBMD. Nice to know you can get a letter even after you were disappointed in not receiving one. Hope the person who offered the unopened Bundles of Crayons to the person who finds the pickle under the Christmas Tree won't be kicking himself. I guess that is a long wait to find out. I would have opened the Bundles of Crayons to be certain after reading about this turn of events.

SylvreKat

Congrats, wierd!

Aviary wrote:...Hope the person who offered the unopened Bundles of Crayons to the person who finds the pickle under the Christmas Tree won't be kicking himself. I guess that is a long wait to find out. I would have opened the Bundles of Crayons to be certain after reading about this turn of events.

TT already posted, she checked and that one doesn't contain a Letter. So no kicking will happen. Well, at least not because of a Letter. Maybe because of something incredible that Person would've loved to have 'cause it's needed.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1

fripszilon

quality posts: 11 Private Messages fripszilon

What's that saying? "One man's trash is another man's Bushel of Cauliflower"? Well, it's your lucky day, Weird! We look forward to seeing your loot!

And thanks for keeping things fun TT!

x9

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 50 Private Messages digitaljanitor

(from page 13, post 19 to page 13 post 20) Congrats, WierdBMD, and have an awesome birthday, especially with your "letterless" Letter Crap!

I saw a snowman standing in the produce aisle at the supermarket today -- He was picking his nose!

pjr175

quality posts: 27 Private Messages pjr175
AnniKat wrote:Here's a closeup of it. If you want it, PM me your address.

Thank you AnniKat!!! I received the CD yesterday and I really appreciate you sending it! I must say that I was quite surprised when I looked at the package and saw that you lived in Alabama...we were stationed there for 6 years (2010-2016) and lived in Prattville until moving back to Utah last year after we received special orders home to get family help with our quadruplets! If it wasn't for the babies, we would still be living there today for sure! Anyway, thanks for following through, it's awesome people like you that make Woot so great and fun!

P.S. If you ever see anything you want in any of my Bundles of Crayons I post, please let me know and I will gladly return the favor!

x24 = 319lbs

WierdBMD

The last and final "letterless" letter Crap is on its way. ETA MONDAY. 50 pounds of glorious Bundles of Crayons

Check back Monday or Tuesday for Pictures!

ThunderThighs

Staff

WierdBMD wrote:The last and final "letterless" letter Crap is on its way. ETA MONDAY. 50 pounds of glorious Bundles of Crayons

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!

dafrogman

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dafrogman
WierdBMD wrote:The last and final "letterless" letter Crap is on its way. ETA MONDAY. 50 pounds of glorious Bundles of Crayons

Wow BMD. Congrats! I'd hate to be the person who didn't take TT up on the letter, but lucky you!

x12

whyheather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages whyheather

Excited for you. Can't wait to see what you get

AnniKat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages AnniKat
pjr175 wrote:Thank you AnniKat!!! I received the CD yesterday and I really appreciate you sending it! I must say that I was quite surprised when I looked at the package and saw that you lived in Alabama...we were stationed there for 6 years (2010-2016) and lived in Prattville until moving back to Utah last year after we received special orders home to get family help with our quadruplets! If it wasn't for the babies, we would still be living there today for sure! Anyway, thanks for following through, it's awesome people like you that make Woot so great and fun!

P.S. If you ever see anything you want in any of my Bundles of Crayons I post, please let me know and I will gladly return the favor!

pjr,

Your most welcome. I am curious what you get from the program on the CD. When you figure it out, could you send me a pdf of what it produces? I can PM you my email addy.

Quadruplets! Wow

/\~/\- ))
>'x'< (( AnniKat
/ - \ _))

x24

garryu

quality posts: 7 Private Messages garryu

Just realized I went through all the trouble to record the unboxing and never posted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhEmyDW7gPU

x8

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 96 Private Messages daveinwarshington

WOW

That's so cool. CONGRATS!!!!

mnewy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mnewy

Sorry for the delay on posting my crap. I've been traveling and just returned to this delightful Bundles of Crayons.

Thanks Woot! Some good crap and they already found homes!

pjr175

quality posts: 27 Private Messages pjr175
AnniKat wrote:pjr,

Your most welcome. I am curious what you get from the program on the CD. When you figure it out, could you send me a pdf of what it produces? I can PM you my email addy.

Quadruplets! Wow

Sure thing! PM me your email and I'll let you know what it looks like once I have a chance to mess with it and figure it out.

Yep, Quadruplets...They keep me pretty busy! LOL

x24 = 319lbs