Back to Amazon.com

mick52

quality posts: 24 Private Messages mick52

mbspell wrote:awwww.. that is a beautiful card. I loved it when my kids were small and made me cards.

yes leah is a great colorer (must be heredity) lol and ron a fabulous heart maker!!!

i'm just happy leah is still willing to make them!!!

mick52

othergreengodmother wrote:Oh, you have no idea!

i knew it!!

mick52

cklun wrote:PHEW!
ty Dave! That concerned me!

i was worried sick too!!!

mick52

SHIT IT IS SCREECHING TUESDAY CKLUN!!!!

this is a odd one. lol

mick52

mick52

mick52

YELL GREENS!!

pepper114

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pepper114
mbspell wrote:I have NO IDEA what this is, but when the greenest bug I ever saw flew by me, I had to get a couple photos...

Emerald ash borer. It's gonna kill your trees.

Wait, in honor of Tuesday...
IT'S GONNA KILL YOUR TREES!

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
pepper114 wrote:Emerald ash borer. It's gonna kill your trees.

*IF YOU HAVE ASH TREES!

THEY ARE AN INVASIVE SPECIES.
ASH TREES HAVE BEEN CUT DOWN JUST TO PREVENT THE ASH BORER FROM GETTING TO THEM.

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell

hmmmm

I WAS ALL ABOUT TO REPORT IT AS AN ASH BORER UNTIL I SAW THE SIZE INFO. ANOTHER SITE SHOWED ASH BORERS ARE SMALLER THAN A QUARTER. THIS GUY WAS LARGE. I THINK HE MIGHT BE A 6 SPOTTED TIGER BEETLE..

STOCK PHOTO 6 spotted Tiger beetle:

CLOSE UP OF ONE OF MY PHOTOS:

STOCK PHOTO OF ASH BORER:

PHEW! DODGED A BULLET THERE!!!

mbspell

THANKS FOR THE INFO, I HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT MIGHT BE. (TOO LAZY TO GOOGLE GREEN BEETLE, LOL)

mbspell

GOT THE MORNING OFF BECAUSE I CLOSE TODAY. INSTEAD OF RELAXING I GOTTA TAKE K TO PICK UP HIS TUX AND ORDER A (WRIST) CORSAGE FOR HIS PROM DATE. WISH ME LUCK GETTING K UP AND GETTING THAT ALL DONE AND EATING SOMETHING BEFORE I HAVE TO BE IN WORK AT NOON!

mbspell

mick52 wrote:YELL GREENS!!

mbspell

mbspell

moles1138 wrote:*IF YOU HAVE ASH TREES!

THEY ARE AN INVASIVE SPECIES.
ASH TREES HAVE BEEN CUT DOWN JUST TO PREVENT THE ASH BORER FROM GETTING TO THEM.

THEY SOUND PRETTY TERRIBLE!

mbspell

TROLLING? MAYBE...

mbspell

moles1138

mbspell wrote:

TROLLING? MAYBE...

meh

mbspell

moles1138 wrote:meh

heh heh

mbspell

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 98 Private Messages daveinwarshington

GOOD MORNING.
COOLER DAY TODAY. GOT TO 90 YESTERDAY.

GONNA EMPTY THE GREENHOUSE OF PLANTS. PLANT MOST OF 'EM & GIVE AWAY THE REST. ONLY BASIL WILL REMAIN, IT DOES BETTER IN THERE.

THE GRASS POLLEN IS KILLING ME. ALL THE PASTURE GRASS SENDING OUT CLOUDS OF POLLEN & IT'S BUGGING ME MORE THAN USUAL THIS YEAR. AT LEAST I DID MOW MOST OF IT A FEW WEEKS AGO...

daveinwarshington

mbspell wrote:

TROLLING? MAYBE...

GO TEAM GO!

OUR SEATTLE BASKETBALL TEAM IS GONNA... OOPS... WE DON'T HAVE A TEAM.

pepper114

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pepper114
mbspell wrote:THANKS FOR THE INFO, I HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT MIGHT BE. (TOO LAZY TO GOOGLE GREEN BEETLE, LOL)

Yup. I think you're right. I'm glad it's a pretty green tiger beetle and not the green spawn of ash tree eating Satan.

(I have a coworker who's declared war on the bugs. We don't say words like "Emerald, ash, or tree" around here.)

Thunder and lightening here. Maybe it'll cool off a little.

mbspell

daveinwarshington wrote:GOOD MORNING.
COOLER DAY TODAY. GOT TO 90 YESTERDAY.

GONNA EMPTY THE GREENHOUSE OF PLANTS. PLANT MOST OF 'EM & GIVE AWAY THE REST. ONLY BASIL WILL REMAIN, IT DOES BETTER IN THERE.

THE GRASS POLLEN IS KILLING ME. ALL THE PASTURE GRASS SENDING OUT CLOUDS OF POLLEN & IT'S BUGGING ME MORE THAN USUAL THIS YEAR. AT LEAST I DID MOW MOST OF IT A FEW WEEKS AGO...

yikes, 90 already?

the thunderstorms have dissapeared from my forecast for today. central & western MA only. going to be in the 80's. then 50's on Wed, Fri and Sat. sigh

off to the tux place!

mbspell

PICKED UP TUX
ORDERED CORSAGE
GOT KID FOOD

ALL BEFORE I HAVE TO GO TO WORK!
FORGOT TO GET MYSELF LUNCH, BUT PACKED MY DINNER. WILL GRAB SOMETHING ON THE WAY TO WORK.

VERY HAPPY TO HAVE HIS PROM TASKS ALL DONE. I REALLY HOPE COLLEGE HELPS THIS KID BECOME A LITTLE MORE RESPONSIBLE...

mbspell

pepper114 wrote:Yup. I think you're right. I'm glad it's a pretty green tiger beetle and not the green spawn of ash tree eating Satan.

(I have a coworker who's declared war on the bugs. We don't say words like "Emerald, ash, or tree" around here.)

Thunder and lightening here. Maybe it'll cool off a little.

LOL TO YOUR COWORKER!

pooflady

quality posts: 29 Private Messages pooflady

Yes, two spaces forever!!!

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/05/two-spaces-after-a-period/559304/

I think my guardian angel drinks.

daveinwarshington

mbspell wrote:
PICKED UP TUX
ORDERED CORSAGE
GOT KID FOOD

ALL BEFORE I HAVE TO GO TO WORK!
FORGOT TO GET MYSELF LUNCH, BUT PACKED MY DINNER. WILL GRAB SOMETHING ON THE WAY TO WORK.

VERY HAPPY TO HAVE HIS PROM TASKS ALL DONE. I REALLY HOPE COLLEGE HELPS THIS KID BECOME A LITTLE MORE RESPONSIBLE...

WOW!
YOU ARE A WONDER WOMAN!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Yes, two spaces forever!!!

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/05/two-spaces-after-a-period/559304/

My boss is forever correcting my two spaces. Takes up too much room on the server. Blah.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

daveinwarshington

pooflady wrote:Yes, two spaces forever!!!

HMMM...
I THOUGHT EVERYONE DID 2 SPACES AFTER A SENTENCE.
I LEARNED THAT BASIC RULE IN JR HIGH SCHOOL TYPING CLASS.
WE HAD MANUAL AND ELECTRIC TYPEWRITERS TO LEARN ON.

moles1138

daveinwarshington wrote:HMMM...

YOUR JR. HIGH EDUCATION WAS A LOOONG TIME AGO DAVE. COMPUTER FONTS CHANGED THE RULES. STILL LOOKS WEIRD TO ME WITH ONLY ONE SPACE. SO TWO IT IS.

EDIT: APPARENTLY I ONLY USE ONE SPACE.

YOUR JR. HIGH EDUCATION WAS A LOOONG TIME AGO DAVE. COMPUTER FONTS CHANGED THE RULES. STILL LOOKS WEIRD TO ME WITH ONLY ONE SPACE. SO TWO IT IS.

DOESN'T LOOK ANY DIFFERENT WITH TWO SPACES HERE ON WOOT.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

moles1138 wrote:YOUR JR. HIGH EDUCATION WAS A LOOONG TIME AGO DAVE. COMPUTER FONTS CHANGED THE RULES. STILL LOOKS WEIRD TO ME WITH ONLY ONE SPACE. SO TWO IT IS.

YUP. I LEARNED ON SELECTRICS AND THOSE WERE MONOSPACE. WITH THE ADVENT OF PROPORTIONAL FONTS ON COMPUTERS, THE DOUBLE SPACE WAS DEEMED UNNECESSARY.

I DISAGREE.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

daveinwarshington

moles1138 wrote:YOUR JR. HIGH EDUCATION WAS A LOOONG TIME AGO DAVE. COMPUTER FONTS CHANGED THE RULES. STILL LOOKS WEIRD TO ME WITH ONLY ONE SPACE. SO TWO IT IS.

LOL...
YES. THAT TYPING CLASS WAS A LONG TIME AGO. LBJ WAS PRESIDENT.
WE ALL HAD ELECTRIC TYPEWRITERS, BUT EVERYONE HAD TO ALSO TAKE A TURN ON THE MANUAL ONES. I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY DID THAT...

I THINK WOOT CUTS OFF A SPACE AFTER A PERIOD.

1 SPACE. 2 SPACES. 3 SPACES. 4 SPACES. 5 SPACES. END OF TEST.

DAMN YOU WOOT! GIVE ME BACK MY DOUBLE-SPACES!!

pooflady

daveinwarshington wrote:HMMM...

There was only one electric typewriter in my class. The teacher used it. Students all learned on manuals.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:My boss is forever correcting my two spaces. Takes up too much room on the server. Blah.

Show him/her this. Easier to read.

moles1138

pooflady wrote:There was only one electric typewriter in my class. The teacher used it. Students all learned on manuals.

MOM HAD A SMALL ELECTRIC WHEN WE WERE GROWING UP. WE PLAYED WITH A HEAVY MANUAL ONE. MIGHT HAVE BEEN AN UNDERWOOD. GOT HARDER TO FIND RIBBONS AFTER A WHILE. WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO IT?

daveinwarshington

moles1138 wrote:MOM HAD A SMALL ELECTRIC WHEN WE WERE GROWING UP. WE PLAYED WITH A HEAVY MANUAL ONE. MIGHT HAVE BEEN AN UNDERWOOD. GOT HARDER TO FIND RIBBONS AFTER A WHILE. WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO IT?

MAYBE SOMEONE IS USING IT AS A BOAT ANCHOR....

WE STILL HAVE A MANUAL "OLYMPIA" BRAND TYPEWRITER. STILL WORKS GOOD & GOT RIBBON ON EBAY.

daveinwarshington

SLAPPED ON A GREG ALLMAN ALBUM. LAID BACK.

AND DRINKING A DOS EQUIS AMBER...

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
daveinwarshington wrote:Not looking forward to the muggy...
Hopefully the graduation stuff is in A/C. Otherwise, I may die. Be there a wk... We hope to 'get away' from everyone for a day to visit stuff Mrs. d wants to see. And eat at a Cracker Barrel. And drink Fl beer. And eat another grit.

You better eat some more grits, dave! I had me a big ol' bowl of grits on Saturday morning, with butter, salt, and pepper. MMMM MMMMM! Better get some biscuits and gravy while you're there, too!

My college graduation was outside - it was a beautiful morning, day before Mother's Day, I think.

YAY for the double spaces! We had half the class on manuals, half on electric - switched half way through the year. I believe we still have one old typewriter at my office, shoved in a corner somewhere.

90 degrees, storms again, summer is here.

My left eye is healing, but my distance vision is not doing so well. In fact, it pretty well sucks, and I bet I am going to end up wearing glasses for distance. Shit. I see the doc on Friday.

I FORGOT TO YELL! SHIT!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

moles1138

And fried okra