Back to Amazon.com

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

daveinwarshington wrote:Hmmm...
I'm willing to try anything again.
I just know I don't like slimy okra.
Fry 'em up & they are better? Cool!

I thought the grits (and the gator) we had last time were actually pretty good.
But then, I'll eat most anything.... lol

Yep! Gots to be fried. Nasty, slimy okra.
I use cornmeal.
I just started eating it as an adult, my mom never fried it.
I did not have grits until we moved to Alabama. I could eat them because mama put a slice, albeit too small, of daddy’s Cracker Barrel cheese under the grits.
I have to have cheese and butter, pepper, salt.

I like hash browns.

Do you get email on your tablet?
If so use email to get on woot!,I use an iPad all the time.
Like Mar said, just type in woot!, on the browser.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell

hi ho greens!

after I left work I got a text from boss. she said they called the store and gave placements to all other techs. she said that I should get a call on my cell, but nothing yet.

if I don't get placed at my old store I think I will not take the placement. take some time off and think about what to do next.

mbspell

I WANNA KNOW NOW!!!

mbspell

mbspell

mbspell

welp, I got my new position. not the store I wanted, and further from my house. not going to take it. not sure if there is a way to get the old store or if it means in a month I'm unemployed.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
mbspell wrote:welp, I got my new position. not the store I wanted, and further from my house. not going to take it. not sure if there is a way to get the old store or if it means in a month I'm unemployed.

Damn. That sucks. I wish it had worked out better for you.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 19 Private Messages marlenestclair
mbspell wrote:welp, I got my new position. not the store I wanted, and further from my house. not going to take it. not sure if there is a way to get the old store or if it means in a month I'm unemployed.

Shit.

x17

daveinwarshington

Relaxing with the Airplane.

And an airborne for tomorrow...

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
marlenestclair wrote:Shit.

Well, SHIT, MB! I'm so sorry how all of this has fallen out of the sky on you. Work sucks. I hope there's a chance you can get your old store. Sending good thoughts your way. You'll figure it out!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
Calgaltoal wrote:Good fried okra is never slimy, just crunchy goodness!
Get them to add some cheese to that “grit,” only way to go.
My tea is as dark as a cola, needs to be strong to be good.
Okra and a fresh tomato is so good.

Calabama is right! Trust the Cracker Barrel fried okra, dave! It is not slimy. Moles is right, too, eat it while it's hot. Pepper is right that their steak is very good.

Hell, dave, we're all right, all green, all the time! Look no further for the right answers.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

pooflady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages pooflady

I'm sorry. Thank heavens you have options.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

Calgaltoal wrote:

LMAO

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

mbspell wrote:

damn cats

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

SHIT

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

daveinwarshington wrote:Why the heck would someone steal a dog?
Are they worth a lot of money?
Hold them for ransom?

I'm thinking Chevy & Jetta are worth maybe $1.75 on the dog market.

lol!!!

SADLY some people steal dogs and then wait a couple days .... call the owner and say they found dog and they will return it for several hundred dollars...

other resell them...Craigslist is good for that...they say they have to re home the dog because they are moving and can't take dog or something like that

other sell them to people as ...well...it is not good.

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

mbspell wrote:hey cklun! glad to see you pop in. I can understand pets getting out, but stealing a pet? people suck.

oh you have no idea how bad it is...

and the Facebook pages I am on to try and track down these people and dogs...

I check them in the AM and most days I do not get too involved...other days I am all over the internet trying to get info...makes me sick...

I have been on a roll lately...but not the last few days and I need to take a long break!

mbspell

pooflady wrote:I'm sorry. Thank heavens you have options.

thanks all.

even though I figured this would be the outcome, I'm still pretty upset.

it has been a difficult 2 weeks with my coworkers & I all being so stressed, and now the customers are upset as well. I think I will need a little break after it's over to just breathe.

prom is tomorrow. I will share photos when I can. going to crash soon. send some calm, peaceful thoughts my way.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

Oogie and I are at a show...Squirrel Nut Zippers

marlenestclair

cklun wrote:lol!!!

SADLY some people steal dogs and then wait a couple days .... call the owner and say they found dog and they will return it for several hundred dollars...

other resell them...Craigslist is good for that...they say they have to re home the dog because they are moving and can't take dog or something like that

other sell them to people as ...well...it is not good.

Oh heck this world is so twisted, some people steal other people to sell to ...other people....it is not good either.

x17

marlenestclair

mbspell wrote:thanks all.

it has been a difficult 2 weeks with my coworkers & I all being so stressed, and now the customers are upset as well. I think I will need a little break after it's over to just breathe.

prom is tomorrow. I will share photos when I can. going to crash soon. send some calm, peaceful thoughts my way.

x17

marlenestclair

Mb, remember when God closes a door, he opens a window.....keeping you close, friend

x17

daveinwarshington

moles1138 wrote:Oogie and I are at a show...Squirrel Nut Zippers

SQUARRYLS!!! YES!!

I had a Chipmunks record when I was a kid...

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

daveinwarshington wrote:SQUARRYLS!!! YES!!

I had a Chipmunks record when I was a kid...

me toooooooooo!!!

pooflady

I had a Teddy Bear's Picnic record. Still have it. It's not really vinyl, it's more brittle than that. I think it's a 78.

mick52

quality posts: 25 Private Messages mick52
mbspell wrote:thanks all.

everything is going to be fine mb.

mick52

daveinwarshington wrote:Yes. It is.
Decided to just check bags in, so we have room for extra changes of clothes & crap.
Also, our house will have someone here at least a couple times a day. Chevy & Jetta need occasional petting (& food)...

i hope you and mrs. d have a nice trip!!!

and try to stay cool.....

mick52

thursday cklun.

mick52

lets see what today brings!!!

pepper114

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pepper114

Have a good trip Dave!

pepper114

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pepper114

That stinks. Is there anything else you want to do?

When Pokemon go first came out I considered getting a couple of those deluxe 6 seater golf carts and offering Pokemon go hunts/tours. I live in too small of a town to make it work. Maybe add dog walking on the side... Yeah that'll work.

I love what Mrs. Moles does, but I bet it's a lot of work.

Then there's the people across town from me. They have a permanent yard sale. I think a lot of the stuff they sell comes from stuff people put on the curb, but they're dedicated so um... That's worthwhile?

So yeah. Options lol. I know it stinks. But you've got time and options. I hope things improve soon.

pooflady

Off to a fibroscan. They assure me this doesn't hurt.

And home. It didn't hurt.

mbspell

pepper114 wrote:That stinks. Is there anything else you want to do?

When Pokemon go first came out I considered getting a couple of those deluxe 6 seater golf carts and offering Pokemon go hunts/tours. I live in too small of a town to make it work. Maybe add dog walking on the side... Yeah that'll work.

I love what Mrs. Moles does, but I bet it's a lot of work.

Then there's the people across town from me. They have a permanent yard sale. I think a lot of the stuff they sell comes from stuff people put on the curb, but they're dedicated so um... That's worthwhile?

So yeah. Options lol. I know it stinks. But you've got time and options. I hope things improve soon.

brief history, forgive me if I am repeating myself: quit "real" job to stay home with my kids after 1st son was born. homeschooled them. then sent them to high school. Catholic school. $$! needed to get some income to help defray tuition. my degree is in Biology, so we thought pharmacy maybe. (*now* I know you don't need a college degree much less in science to work there.) started working. fast forward to this year. been talking with mr. mbspell about leaving pharmacy once K is done with HS. pay is crap, and I have plantar fascitis and tendenitis as a result. but I liked my coworkers, and the $ would help while son is in college. then my store was the first to close! and it closes a few weeks after youngest will graduate from said high school. I think the timing is perfect. it's the push I needed to leave the pharmacy.

we will be ok money wise. might have to make a few tweaks, but I have time to think about what to do next. do I want to look for an office type job? mindless retail? learn computer programming? work in a hospital? I don't know yet! whatever I do will be part time.

it's stressful being at work now. the best part of the job was the coworkers and we're being scattered to the wind. coworkers are stressed, pharmacists are stressed, and we are all (including customers) mad and sad. so it's kind of a toxic environment. instead of ending on a good note, it's a crappy goodbye. it also comes at a super hectic time for me personally, with graduations and such.

I will be happy to have time off for the first few weeks to decompress. it will be nice to spend more time with K before he leaves for college and N while he lives at home. (he cannot wait to save his $ and move out)

will I be ok? yes
am I sad? yes
am I pissed? yes

spoke to the Wags rep today and declined the position I was offered. he said I would be put in a "transition pool." I interrupted to ask if there was any way I could go back to my old store. he said no, noone is being placed in RA stores. so I told him that I would finish my time in my current store and then be done with the job.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Off to a fibroscan. They assure me this doesn't hurt.

And home. It didn't hurt.

well, that's good news

mbspell

picked up the corsage.
looks like rain will hold off for prom photos.
my Bandolier on Chewie will be delivered today.

will be a day worth celebrating instead of moping!

moles1138

mbspell wrote:brief history, forgive me if I am repeating myself: quit "real" job to stay home with my kids after 1st son was born. homeschooled them. then sent them to high school. Catholic school. $$! needed to get some income to help defray tuition. my degree is in Biology, so we thought pharmacy maybe. (*now* I know you don't need a college degree much less in science to work there.) started working. fast forward to this year. been talking with mr. mbspell about leaving pharmacy once K is done with HS. pay is crap, and I have plantar fascitis and tendenitis as a result. but I liked my coworkers, and the $ would help while son is in college. then my store was the first to close! and it closes a few weeks after youngest will graduate from said high school. I think the timing is perfect. it's the push I needed to leave the pharmacy.

we will be ok money wise. might have to make a few tweaks, but I have time to think about what to do next. do I want to look for an office type job? mindless retail? learn computer programming? work in a hospital? I don't know yet! whatever I do will be part time.

it's stressful being at work now. the best part of the job was the coworkers and we're being scattered to the wind. coworkers are stressed, pharmacists are stressed, and we are all (including customers) mad and sad. so it's kind of a toxic environment. instead of ending on a good note, it's a crappy goodbye. it also comes at a super hectic time for me personally, with graduations and such.

I will be happy to have time off for the first few weeks to decompress. it will be nice to spend more time with K before he leaves for college and N while he lives at home. (he cannot wait to save his $ and move out)

will I be ok? yes
am I sad? yes
am I pissed? yes

spoke to the Wags rep today and declined the position I was offered. he said I would be put in a "transition pool." I interrupted to ask if there was any way I could go back to my old store. he said no, noone is being placed in RA stores. so I told him that I would finish my time in my current store and then be done with the job.

Oogie could use some help.

Jerry is off. He's having problems with sciatica. Much like I did.
It's just her. I'll help tonight what I can. She's supposed to do some Chewbacca cookies.
And I'll do deliveries on Saturday.

moles1138

oops.
double post.
sorry.

moles1138

something is wonky

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

moles1138 wrote:oops.
double post.
sorry.

Yeah. Seeing that here too. Waiting to see if the servers start behaving.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items