pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 94 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
Swunder wrote:How is the bass on the QP9? I just moved into a small apartment so I don't need much.

No room for my yamaha L/R + powered sub anymore

Already have a receiver so would really just like a nice passive sound bar with decent all around performance.

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers to help with your questions. By definitiaion, a SpeakerBar is designed specifically for front left/front right/ and center channel all in 1 cabinet for convenience. In fact, Pinnacle invented the SPEAKERBAR in 2003. The name for the category was introduced with a product from Polk about 1 year later, aptly named SPEAKERBAR.

Having said all that, BASS response is cust off at about 95 HZ as we expect the SPEAKERBAR to be part of a broader home theater system using a powered subwoofer. As such, the midrange and High end response is exceptional. Bass output is limited. Deep bass is for a subwoofer. So, the QP9W along with one of the subwoofers here would be an excellent addition to any home theater. If you have a larger room, say 400 square' or more we would recommend the 12" woofer either PSSUB 225 or TOP OF THE LINE SUPERSONIC> I hope this helps.

Alternatively, the Center channels in this promotion both have bass down to about 50 HZ, if you have front channel speakers already.

pinnaclespeakers

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers to help with your questions. By definitiaion, a SpeakerBar is designed specifically for front left/front right/ and center channel all in 1 cabinet for convenience. In fact, Pinnacle invented the SPEAKERBAR in 2003. The name for the category was introduced with a product from Polk about 1 year later, aptly named SPEAKERBAR.

Having said all that, BASS response is cust off at about 95 HZ as we expect the SPEAKERBAR to be part of a broader home theater system using a powered subwoofer. As such, the midrange and High end response is exceptional. Bass output is limited. Deep bass is for a subwoofer. So, the QP9W along with one of the subwoofers here would be an excellent addition to any home theater. If you have a larger room, say 400 square' or more we would recommend the 12" woofer either PSSUB 225 or TOP OF THE LINE SUPERSONIC> I hope this helps.

Alternatively, the Center channels in this promotion both have bass down to about 50 HZ, if you have front channel speakers already.

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here again, you can also consider 3 SFITCTR350.
String the 3 side by side and hook up as though it was 1 SPEAKERBAR, yet you would then have a lot more bass. Not as compact, but the bass would be considerably deeper. With your particular circumstances, not having room for a subwoofer or left right, we think this would be an excellent and quite affordable solution.................3 SFITCTR 350, which are also LCR's

Swunder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Swunder
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here again, you can also consider 3 SFITCTR350.
String the 3 side by side and hook up as though it was 1 SPEAKERBAR, yet you would then have a lot more bass. Not as compact, but the bass would be considerably deeper. With your particular circumstances, not having room for a subwoofer or left right, we think this would be an excellent and quite affordable solution.................3 SFITCTR 350, which are also LCR's

Interesting idea, thanks for the fast response! I do have room for smaller speakers, just not my old bookshelf ones.

Searching around I found a wireless sub adapter, so I could possibly keep my powered sub after all. The adapter + the qp9 would be the same price as 3 350's.

decisions decisions!

pinnaclespeakers

Hi, we answered your questions, the QP9W is an outstanding and quite accurate SPEAKERBAR,especially for voice and sountrack in movies. It will be a significant and quite noticeable upgrade to the TV and with a lot more bass than TV speakers. Still, at 95 HZ or so, that is not deep bass range. Thanks for your question

pinnaclespeakers

Swunder wrote:Interesting idea, thanks for the fast response! I do have room for smaller speakers, just not my old bookshelf ones.

Searching around I found a wireless sub adapter, so I could possibly keep my powered sub after all. The adapter + the qp9 would be the same price as 3 350's.

decisions decisions!

Well, that changes the situation. If you keep the sub, than yes, we strongly recommend QP9W!

mst3kguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mst3kguy

Hi Arin,

Happy to read that Pinnacle is still a family business.

I have a couple Boston Acoustics A100 floorstanding speakers. They are rated down to 39 hz. I've been happy with them for the past 29 years, but thought of adding some oomph for the dvd's. Can you offer any objective website reviews of the big sub Woot has up for sale?

Thx

jayjaygross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayjaygross

Hi,
I want sorround sound without installing back and side speakers. Someone told me a sound bar can achieve the pretty good sorround sound. This will be in a pretty open room. 20 by 25. I will be using it for tv and occationally to listen to radio. Would this do a good job?

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin

Decisions, decisions...

Do I want to get a pair of the LCR250s so I can move up to a 9.1 system in the living room....

sanderda920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanderda920

Hey Arin, Pinnacle, and Woot!

I've been watching over the Pinnacle Speaker specials for quite some time now, and patiently waiting for the right time to buy. I'm ready to pull the trigger on SOMETHING, but I want to make sure I get things right. I'm not an audiophile so I'll leave it to the experts for some help...

The room the system will go in is roughly 12x16 (TV being 12-ish feet from couch), and is open to a dining area to the side that is about 8x8 and it is all hardwood floor (if that matters). I mostly watch movies and play video games, and occasionally throw some music on.

I think I'm definitely getting the SFIT LCR250s, but was wondering about center channel and sub.

What are the major differences between the BD300 and the SFIT CTR 350, and is it worth the jump in price for someone who is not an audiophile? Do you recommend one over the other for movies vs. music?

Same question for sub between the PS Sub 225 and the Baby Boomer. I've seen you frequently post that baby boomer is better for music, and the PS 225 is better suited for movies. Would that hold true in my situation, or would the babyboomer still be superior? One last silly question, for the Baby Boomer's pointed legs, if I crank the bass and it starts shaking, would those legs rattle on a hardwood floor?

Thanks again for all the help with my questions! Really looking forward to this purchase

rlmanzo

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rlmanzo

I am building my basement man-cave-media-room and am debating between subwoofers.

What is the difference between the "Baby Boomer" and the Dual 12" that is over $500?

Is it just a matter of volume without distortion?

I would like a movie-like experience but don't need my teeth to rattle in my head. Any advice??

Is it broke or just fractured?

pinnaclespeakers

sanderda920 wrote:Hey Arin, Pinnacle, and Woot!

I've been watching over the Pinnacle Speaker specials for quite some time now, and patiently waiting for the right time to buy. I'm ready to pull the trigger on SOMETHING, but I want to make sure I get things right. I'm not an audiophile so I'll leave it to the experts for some help...

The room the system will go in is roughly 12x16 (TV being 12-ish feet from couch), and is open to a dining area to the side that is about 8x8 and it is all hardwood floor (if that matters). I mostly watch movies and play video games, and occasionally throw some music on.

I think I'm definitely getting the SFIT LCR250s, but was wondering about center channel and sub.

What are the major differences between the BD300 and the SFIT CTR 350, and is it worth the jump in price for someone who is not an audiophile? Do you recommend one over the other for movies vs. music?

Same question for sub between the PS Sub 225 and the Baby Boomer. I've seen you frequently post that baby boomer is better for music, and the PS 225 is better suited for movies. Would that hold true in my situation, or would the babyboomer still be superior? One last silly question, for the Baby Boomer's pointed legs, if I crank the bass and it starts shaking, would those legs rattle on a hardwood floor?

Thanks again for all the help with my questions! Really looking forward to this purchase

Hi and Good Morning. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers here. In looking at your living space and needs, we think the best set up is this:

2 Pairs FFITLCR 250 (1 pair for front, 1 pair for rear channel)
1 SFITCTR 350 (Center Channel for Movies is a must because 50% or more of movie information comes through the center channel. That's because most of a movie is actually people speaking and all that information comes through the center speaker. The BD 300 is better, particularly with deeper bass extension that SFITCTR 350. However, with SFITLCR 250, the SFITCTR 350 is from the same series and more closely acoustically matched. So, SFITCTR 350 in this configuration.

As to the Powered subwoofer, in your situation being a gamer and movie watcher primarily, and since you have the open dining area adjoining the listening area, we recommend PSSUB 225. It will play louder than Baby Boomer and the volume will help in the open area. Plus when playing games the louder 12" sub we think would be preferred.

So, those are our recommendations and we appreciate your question.

pinnaclespeakers

rlmanzo wrote:I am building my basement man-cave-media-room and am debating between subwoofers.

What is the difference between the "Baby Boomer" and the Dual 12" that is over $500?

Is it just a matter of volume without distortion?

I would like a movie-like experience but don't need my teeth to rattle in my head. Any advice??

Hello and good morning. The Baby Boomer and Supersonic are in the same "FAMILY" f you will of dual driver powered subwoofers. The diferences are significant and I will do my best to specify.

First, SUPERSONIC is in our high gloss Piano laquer finish. The finish is stunning. There is a multi step process to create the Piano Lacquer and that is an expense, primarily in labor. So, assume about $100 is the cost of the upgraded finish.

Now for Acoustics:

Baby Boomer is exceedingly accurate and especially terrific for music. It has audible bass extension down to about 25 HZ and that is very deep.

SUPERSONIC: Usies dual 12" woofers and a higher powered amp to drive them. The net result is even deeper bass than the Baby Boomer, but MORE RELEVENT is the volume of bass. SUpersonic will play much louder, and we believe in the "MAN CAVE BASEMENT", you would probably need the louder volume capability that the SUPERSONIC provides.

We are comparing all things being equal a $1,000 Subwoofer to a $2,500 Subwoofer, so the SUPERSONIC is quite a bit more powerful. In this Woot promo the relative cost differences are so compressed, that you can get $1,500 of upgrade for about $270. Knowing both products as we do, we think it is a clear choice to take the SUPERSONIC. But, it is your money. Either one is outstanding.

Thanks for asking and we hope this answers your question.

pinnaclespeakers

mst3kguy wrote:Hi Arin,

Happy to read that Pinnacle is still a family business.

I have a couple Boston Acoustics A100 floorstanding speakers. They are rated down to 39 hz. I've been happy with them for the past 29 years, but thought of adding some oomph for the dvd's. Can you offer any objective website reviews of the big sub Woot has up for sale?

Thx

Hi. Yes, family owned and operated 37 continuous years. The owners are most proud of that. Here is a link to our website with a review on Supersonic. Other reviews are posted on our site in the REVIEW section.

http://pinnaclespeakers.com/supersonic.html

pinnaclespeakers

jayjaygross wrote:Hi,
I want sorround sound without installing back and side speakers. Someone told me a sound bar can achieve the pretty good sorround sound. This will be in a pretty open room. 20 by 25. I will be using it for tv and occationally to listen to radio. Would this do a good job?

In your situation we think an excellent solution is FRONTROWSYS8210. It includes a POWERED SOUNDBAR with rear channel Effects as well as a wireless powered subwoofer. Hook up is direct to the TV and no receiver is needed. So, without actual rear surround speakers, the Rear "EFFECTS" mode in the SOUNDBAR will provide that for you. So, we think FRONTROWSYS8210 is the best option for your use

Thanks

pinnaclespeakers

sdownin wrote:Decisions, decisions...

Do I want to get a pair of the LCR250s so I can move up to a 9.1 system in the living room....

The SFITLCR 250 will definately be a good choice if you wish to go to 9.1. They make excellent side speakers due to the 3 element design. They include a threaded insert to accept after market swivel brackets, and also include their own built in Keyhole brackets for either vertical or horizontal orientation. Another excellent application option for SFITLCR 250 pair is for bedroom, workroom, garage speakers or mated to a powered subwoofer for an excellent music system. So, these speakers are very versatile if ever your needs change.

rlmanzo

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello and good morning. The Baby Boomer and Supersonic are in the same "FAMILY" f you will of dual driver powered subwoofers. The diferences are significant and I will do my best to specify.

First, SUPERSONIC is in our high gloss Piano laquer finish. The finish is stunning. There is a multi step process to create the Piano Lacquer and that is an expense, primarily in labor. So, assume about $100 is the cost of the upgraded finish.

Now for Acoustics:

Baby Boomer is exceedingly accurate and especially terrific for music. It has audible bass extension down to about 25 HZ and that is very deep.

SUPERSONIC: Usies dual 12" woofers and a higher powered amp to drive them. The net result is even deeper bass than the Baby Boomer, but MORE RELEVENT is the volume of bass. SUpersonic will play much louder, and we believe in the "MAN CAVE BASEMENT", you would probably need the louder volume capability that the SUPERSONIC provides.

We are comparing all things being equal a $1,000 Subwoofer to a $2,500 Subwoofer, so the SUPERSONIC is quite a bit more powerful. In this Woot promo the relative cost differences are so compressed, that you can get $1,500 of upgrade for about $270. Knowing both products as we do, we think it is a clear choice to take the SUPERSONIC. But, it is your money. Either one is outstanding.

Thanks for asking and we hope this answers your question.

Thanks for your prompt response!

(This is what I love about woot)

Now, could you comment on the center channel speakers?

Thanks!

pinnaclespeakers

rlmanzo wrote:Thanks for your prompt response!

(This is what I love about woot)

Now, could you comment on the center channel speakers?

Thanks!

Hi Sure. Considering that you are looking at our 2 highest end subwoofers, Baby Boomer and SUPERSONIC, we think the best match is BD 300, from our Flagship Black Diamond series. It has the same piano laquer finish as the SUPERSONIC, so factoring in the value of the furniture cabinetry alone, you are about on par costwise with SFITCTR 350. Further, acoustically BD 300 has a smoother, meaning more accurate and detailed midrange and you would definately hear the difference. As we said in an earlier post, the Center Channel produces most all of the vocals from a movie sountrack, that means every conversation is coming out of the center channel. So, it is important to get the best one. Dramatic scenes with explosions and sound effects are where the powered subwoofer comes in, but absent an action sequence, just assuming a few pwoplw talking, that is the center channel's job. So, for the nominal cost difference, BD 300 is our recommendation.

maseyo23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maseyo23

I'm new to the world of audio home entertainment and I purchased the FRONT ROW SYS 8210 at the last Woot event, so I've had it for about a week now. Thus far I'm extremely impressed! That being said, I am looking to add a little extra punch (bass wise), particularly when playing music in my walk through living/dining room (35x14, all hardwood).

Thanks to your explanation on an earlier post, I've narrowed it down to either the Baby Boomer or the Supersonic. My question is regarding connection - I don't have a receiver and I'm wondering how either would connect to the soundbar or TV, as well as what the ideal placement would be for both of the woofers, considering one would be wired.

mst3kguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mst3kguy

bought the supersub. woohoo!

now if woot would just put up some bose speakers for sale so i would have an awesome sound system.

kidding. ( :

pinnaclespeakers

maseyo23 wrote:I'm new to the world of audio home entertainment and I purchased the FRONT ROW SYS 8210 at the last Woot event, so I've had it for about a week now. Thus far I'm extremely impressed! That being said, I am looking to add a little extra punch (bass wise), particularly when playing music in my walk through living/dining room (35x14, all hardwood).

Thanks to your explanation on an earlier post, I've narrowed it down to either the Baby Boomer or the Supersonic. My question is regarding connection - I don't have a receiver and I'm wondering how either would connect to the soundbar or TV, as well as what the ideal placement would be for both of the woofers, considering one would be wired.

You would need a SUB-OUT on the TV where you could hook up an additional sub. Please check the TV inputs to see if there is a SUB-OUT.

schnob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schnob
mengwang1980 wrote:Can the Pinnacle Speakers Front Row PBAR 6200 175W Soundbar output to a separate wired sub without a receiver? I have a Polk PSW505.

If you use your TV's analog audio outputs (headphone jack or RCA outputs) you could use splitter cables to connect both a powered subwoofer & powered soundbar to the TV...easier to just get the system with the wireless sub though..

arnoldstrife

quality posts: 5 Private Messages arnoldstrife

Does the Supersonic or the Babyboomer have an Auto-On feature so that I can leave it on all the time with minimum power usage, if it doesn't would it drain alot of power if I left it on even if nothing is playing?

pinnaclespeakers

arnoldstrife wrote:Does the Supersonic or the Babyboomer have an Auto-On feature so that I can leave it on all the time with minimum power usage, if it doesn't would it drain alot of power if I left it on even if nothing is playing?

Yes, they both have auto on.

pinnaclespeakers

schnob wrote:If you use your TV's analog audio outputs (headphone jack or RCA outputs) you could use splitter cables to connect both a powered subwoofer & powered soundbar to the TV...easier to just get the system with the wireless sub though..

This Wooter is correct and we concur!

pinnaclespeakers

Good Morning Woot Community.
In the final few hours of this promo, if anyone has any questions we are here to assist in finalizing any of your decisions. As we have said before, all questions are good questions.

Arin, TEAM LEADER with Pinnacle Speakers

jcfinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcfinger
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Mancho. Our normal policy is not to break down the individual items in our bundles. BUT, since this is such a bargain on both MB 9500+ and MB 11500+ and the nature of these events are snooze lose, we will further help clarify the value of these deals and reveal the components in each system for you.

MB11500+ consists of 3 BD 200 for Front and Center Channels, acoustically timbre matched across front.
2 BD 100 as rear surrounds, also timbre matched to the fronts
1 PSSUB 225 Powered subwoofer, which is also available individually in this sale.
50' Monster cable THX certified

MB 9500+:

4 BD 100, Front Left/Right and Rear left/Right channels
1 BD 200 as Center Channel
1 DIG SUB 100 Powered SUBWOOFER
50' MOnster Cable THX certified

I would doubt even used merchandise is this big a bargain.

I hope this helps.

This looks like a sweet package. I wish I would have read this before I purchased though. I'm sure this setup will serve me quite well. But I think I would have bought 2 pairs of the LCR 3 element, 1 3 element center, and the baby boomer. My TV room isn't all that big, but it does open up to the kitchen. I'm sure the 12" included sub will be fine for the room. Besides, I have a 3 and 6 year old, that's why I'm buying on the cheap, without an audition. As long as they don't know the grilles come off, my cones should be safe!

pinnaclespeakers

jcfinger wrote:This looks like a sweet package. I wish I would have read this before I purchased though. I'm sure this setup will serve me quite well. But I think I would have bought 2 pairs of the LCR 3 element, 1 3 element center, and the baby boomer. My TV room isn't all that big, but it does open up to the kitchen. I'm sure the 12" included sub will be fine for the room. Besides, I have a 3 and 6 year old, that's why I'm buying on the cheap, without an audition. As long as they don't know the grilles come off, my cones should be safe!

There are many excellent configuration options. We attempt to guide people with specific questions or situations. But, there are quite a few very terrific set up options for any 1 situation. Having young children is a family consideration and that transcends any acoustic guides we can offer.

derbbre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derbbre

Hello!
I was doin' a little research on the Pinnacle site. Other than the finish, what is the difference in the BD 200 and the S-Fit LCR 250? Looks like the same drivers, same weight, same size.......... ?

swimitfree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swimitfree

Arin With Pinnacle Speakers I have a question for you. I am looking for a 7.1 configuration without the use of a speaker bar for my new home theater room. Could I purchase the MB11500+ for the 5.1 and add 2x S-FIT LCR 250 for surround rear? Thanks for your help with monitoring the woot discussion.

pinnaclespeakers

swimitfree wrote:Arin With Pinnacle Speakers I have a question for you. I am looking for a 7.1 configuration without the use of a speaker bar for my new home theater room. Could I purchase the MB11500+ for the 5.1 and add 2x S-FIT LCR 250 for surround rear? Thanks for your help with monitoring the woot discussion.

Yes absolutely! That is what we would suggest.

pinnaclespeakers

derbbre wrote:Hello!
I was doin' a little research on the Pinnacle site. Other than the finish, what is the difference in the BD 200 and the S-Fit LCR 250? Looks like the same drivers, same weight, same size.......... ?

The Finish incorporates a more rigid cabinet to ensure a deeper bass response and little to no resonance at loud listening volumes. The items are similar, but acoustically the BD models are of a higher caliber along with more expensive crossover components.

pinnaclespeakers

jcfinger wrote:This looks like a sweet package. I wish I would have read this before I purchased though. I'm sure this setup will serve me quite well. But I think I would have bought 2 pairs of the LCR 3 element, 1 3 element center, and the baby boomer. My TV room isn't all that big, but it does open up to the kitchen. I'm sure the 12" included sub will be fine for the room. Besides, I have a 3 and 6 year old, that's why I'm buying on the cheap, without an audition. As long as they don't know the grilles come off, my cones should be safe!

We will add, you are getting superior product, just bargain WOOT promo prices. Easily spend 4-5X these prices and get nothing better. We know, we've been here 37 years. So you spend low $ but get superior product! Best of both worlds. TRULY!

rlmanzo

Hi Arin,

Your attention to questions has been great.

My wife will kill me if I drop over $550 on a sub(even if worth much more) so I have thought about buying your PS 225 sub(because I am buying primarily for movies) paired with your BD 300 center channel.

Will the pair be a problem?

Also, I plan an in-wall installation for the fronts and rears, which in wall speakers would you recommend to pair with the PS 224 and BD 300?(I know none are offered in the current deal)

Thanks!

cbender2116

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbender2116

Hey Arin,
I bought the baby boomer sub last time around on woot, love the sound! But, a couple days ago I was listening to music and the sub just cut out. I switched it off and noticed that the metal grating in the rear was pretty warm. After giving it a rest I fired it back up and worked just fine.
If ventilation isn't a problem, what can I do to keep it from overheating?

pinnaclespeakers

cbender2116 wrote:Hey Arin,
I bought the baby boomer sub last time around on woot, love the sound! But, a couple days ago I was listening to music and the sub just cut out. I switched it off and noticed that the metal grating in the rear was pretty warm. After giving it a rest I fired it back up and worked just fine.
If ventilation isn't a problem, what can I do to keep it from overheating?

Hi, please make sure the amp "FINS" are at least 4-6" clearance from the wall to let some air flow in there. Now, the Baby Boomer being a Bipole design (2 woofers on opposite sides) can be positioned so the amp is on the side as opposed to the rear. That may provide more clearance for air flow. If the problem occurs again please e-mail us at the customer service address and we will work with you directly.

pinnaclespeakers

rlmanzo wrote:Hi Arin,

Your attention to questions has been great.

My wife will kill me if I drop over $550 on a sub(even if worth much more) so I have thought about buying your PS 225 sub(because I am buying primarily for movies) paired with your BD 300 center channel.

Will the pair be a problem?

Also, I plan an in-wall installation for the fronts and rears, which in wall speakers would you recommend to pair with the PS 224 and BD 300?(I know none are offered in the current deal)

Thanks!

The PSSUB 225 and BD 300 are fine, especially if you have a larger room. 350-400 square feet or more or cathedral ceilings. Our Wafer Series of In wall and Inceiling products are the best we make and would be good matches to the BD 300.

pinnaclespeakers

pinnaclespeakers wrote:The PSSUB 225 and BD 300 are fine, especially if you have a larger room. 350-400 square feet or more or cathedral ceilings. Our Wafer Series of In wall and Inceiling products are the best we make and would be good matches to the BD 300.

Actually, considering BD 300 3 element center, look at WAFRCTR In Wall and consider positioning them vertically for both front and rear surround.

rlmanzo

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Actually, considering BD 300 3 element center, look at WAFRCTR In Wall and consider positioning them vertically for both front and rear surround.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here...

Can you clarify?

pinnaclespeakers

rlmanzo wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here...

Can you clarify?

I apologize for the confussion. The in-wall item I think is best with BD 300 is this one: It fits between the studs so you can position it either horizontally or vertically, your choice. I think 4 of these, 2 front and 2 rear is the best pick with BD 300 Center and PSSUB 225. I hope this is more clear.

http://pinnaclespeakers.com/wafr525.html

mohicus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mohicus

Arin,
I'm late to the party but I'm tempted to replace my Klipsch HD500 speakers with your MB11500+'s. I'm happy with them even though they are a bit small. Are these a significant upgrade?
I'd appreciate any comments if you're still around.
Thanks.

Edit: Or would the MB9500+'s be a better choice.