manhandsha


quality posts: 61 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

altierior wrote:Has anyone found an answer to this. I agree that - for me, at least - it would be the only benefit.



That's something you'd want to reach out to the financial institution that issues the Visa for. They would be able to provide the rewards system details.

manhandsha


quality posts: 61 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Buckroe56 wrote:Can I pay with American Express points?



Unfortunately not at this time, no.

cathwurts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cathwurts
rm9116 wrote:I get an error message when I try to log in with my amazon credentials (through the Login with Amazon button). Have bought enough on both Woot and Amazon to know how to use each. It's set as a connection in my Woot account. Any ideas on what could be happening?



I am stuck too. Have been Amazon Prime shopper for years, and Woot as well. It keeps giving me error message

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 900 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cathwurts wrote:I am stuck too. Have been Amazon Prime shopper for years, and Woot as well. It keeps giving me error message


Cath, could you please PM me more details?

device
browser
steps to reproduce
the error you're getting

Anything that you think will help us research it.

To PM me, click on the envelope next to my name in this post. To view your private messages, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.



*NEW* NEW New Work Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dfwsteph


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfwsteph
cathwurts wrote:I am stuck too. Have been Amazon Prime shopper for years, and Woot as well. It keeps giving me error message



So relieved to find I'm not the only one with these problems. I'm not in the habit of reading the blog, I look at Woot daily to see what there is and have been a long-time customer. The few problems I've had I've addressed to *support* (imagine)?. And I'm not on Android and my Amazon login is different than my Woot login. Some of us older peeps are actually on desktops and in my lifetime, had enough of that *replicate the problem* ... gave it up when I retired. I've been around in circles with this until it's worth the $20 extra to get my item elsewhere.
I'm done.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 900 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dfwsteph wrote:So relieved to find I'm not the only one with these problems. I'm not in the habit of reading the blog, I look at Woot daily to see what there is and have been a long-time customer. The few problems I've had I've addressed to *support* (imagine)?. And I'm not on Android and my Amazon login is different than my Woot login. Some of us older peeps are actually on desktops and in my lifetime, had enough of that *replicate the problem* ... gave it up when I retired. I've been around in circles with this until it's worth the $20 extra to get my item elsewhere.
I'm done.


We did isolate a problem logging in with email addresses yesterday and I believe they have a fix or will be rolling out a fix shortly.

Is that the problem you are having?



*NEW* NEW New Work Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

verchia


quality posts: 0 Private Messages verchia

NOT WORKING. I'm new to Woot, and would prefer to use amazon. I tried to log on "with amazon" and the link didn't work. Then (against my better judgment) I made a woot! account, logged in, and the link that promised to "manage" my connection to Amazon did not work. FAIL.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 197 Private Messages ROGETRAY
verchia wrote:NOT WORKING. I'm new to Woot, and would prefer to use amazon. I tried to log on "with amazon" and the link didn't work. Then (against my better judgment) I made a woot! account, logged in, and the link that promised to "manage" my connection to Amazon did not work. FAIL.



Could you please describe what issue you're encountering?

If you goto your "Your Account" tab and click "Manage Accounts" you should see the Amazon connection.

If you do not, please log out and log back in to Woot.com.

In the sign in page, you'll see a Woot Account login and to the right the Amazon Account connection (in yellow)

You might also disable your pop-ups for Woot.com, as the Amazon connection creates a separate window.

Please let us know if you still encounter the issue.

fauxpaws89


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fauxpaws89
altierior wrote:Has anyone found an answer to this. I agree that - for me, at least - it would be the only benefit.



looks like the answer's no-


canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

bsmith1 wrote:If my Amazon payment type is the Amazon Rewards Visa card, do I get triple reward points on woot purchases now?
If not, it seems the only benefit is that I'll have your Amazon bosses yelling at you if you mess-up my order and don't comply with the A-Z Guarantee.



doesn't look like it; third party sites don't get the benefit.

willyone


quality posts: 49 Private Messages willyone

I asked this once on Dec. 12th and again Jan. 2nd, and on Jan. 2nd ROGETRAY said he would look into it for me, as yet no response, but I have been patient. I'll make the case for why I believe this situation could be possible, and query again!

The bank that issues and manages my "Best Buy" card is the SAME BANK that issues and manages my "Amazon Store Card". Best Buy allows you to log onto their website and use their card (again, using the same bank's line of credit that issues Amazon's Store Card) to purchase products from other vendor's websites.

The benefit to Best Buy is that, by allowing their customers to make purchases from other vendors in addition to their own offerings, Best Buy increases their store card's usage which will usually translate into more interest income for them. The benefit to the customer is they can use their Best Buy credit line to buy from vendors were they don't have a credit line to use and therefore couldn't purchase that item otherwise, [Yes, the customer may have another credit line (Visa, MC, etc.) they could use but, to maximize the point, my scenario assumes they don't] so this scenario is win/win for both parties.

So, if the bank that issues the Amazon Store Card already allows their credit line to be used to pay for purchases from other vendors in the case of Best Buy, I would think it wholely reasonable and possible they may also allow the same scenario to occur in the case of allowing their Amazon card holders to use it to pay for purchases made on Woot. And what's more, in the case of Woot, the bank issuer would be allowing their customers to make purchases from a vendor that is "owned" by the company whose card they issue which is not the case with their Best Buy card users.

So, has ROGETRAY, or any other staff member found out if we can pay for things we buy on Woot using our Amazon Store Card, after using the Amazon login? If the answer is no we can't pay with our Amazon card, is this an idea that Woot would consider pitching to Amazon? Thanks!

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 197 Private Messages ROGETRAY
willyone wrote:I asked this once on Dec. 12th and again Jan. 2nd, and on Jan. 2nd ROGETRAY said he would look into it for me, as yet no response, but I have been patient. I'll make the case for why I believe this situation could be possible, and query again!

The bank that issues and manages my "Best Buy" card is the SAME BANK that issues and manages my "Amazon Store Card". Best Buy allows you to log onto their website and use their card (again, using the same bank's line of credit that issues Amazon's Store Card) to purchase products from other vendor's websites.

The benefit to Best Buy is that, by allowing their customers to make purchases from other vendors in addition to their own offerings, Best Buy increases their store card's usage which will usually translate into more interest income for them. The benefit to the customer is they can use their Best Buy credit line to buy from vendors were they don't have a credit line to use and therefore couldn't purchase that item otherwise, [Yes, the customer may have another credit line (Visa, MC, etc.) they could use but, to maximize the point, my scenario assumes they don't] so this scenario is win/win for both parties.

So, if the bank that issues the Amazon Store Card already allows their credit line to be used to pay for purchases from other vendors in the case of Best Buy, I would think it wholely reasonable and possible they may also allow the same scenario to occur in the case of allowing their Amazon card holders to use it to pay for purchases made on Woot. And what's more, in the case of Woot, the bank issuer would be allowing their customers to make purchases from a vendor that is "owned" by the company whose card they issue which is not the case with their Best Buy card users.

So, has ROGETRAY, or any other staff member found out if we can pay for things we buy on Woot using our Amazon Store Card, after using the Amazon login? If the answer is no we can't pay with our Amazon card, is this an idea that Woot would consider pitching to Amazon? Thanks!



Sorry for the late reply there willyone! I've been rather busy with other tasks here in the office.

I had in fact asked your question last week and had an answer..but then forgot it..and now I remember!

According to Woot Staff, currently you are NOT able to use the Amazon Store Card for purchases through Woot.com/Amazon Payments.

Although considered a line of credit, it is not currently authorized to work through the Amazon Payment method on Woot.

I have, however, brought this to the attention of Woot Innovations staff and they are currently investigating this issue along with many other ideas.

I hope this info is helpful for you. Again, apologies that I could not answer sooner.

If you do have any further questions or concerns about Amazon Payments, please feel free to email into Support@Woot.com and let them know. They'll be happy to help explain some further details and bits of information.

willyone


quality posts: 49 Private Messages willyone
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply there willyone! I've been rather busy with other tasks here in the office.

I had in fact asked your question last week and had an answer..but then forgot it..and now I remember!

According to Woot Staff, currently you are NOT able to use the Amazon Store Card for purchases through Woot.com/Amazon Payments.

Although considered a line of credit, it is not currently authorized to work through the Amazon Payment method on Woot.

I have, however, brought this to the attention of Woot Innovations staff and they are currently investigating this issue along with many other ideas.

I hope this info is helpful for you. Again, apologies that I could not answer sooner.

If you do have any further questions or concerns about Amazon Payments, please feel free to email into Support@Woot.com and let them know. They'll be happy to help explain some further details and bits of information.



Thanks for the response, I truly appreciate your time and effort!

woot4jam


quality posts: 6 Private Messages woot4jam


willyone wrote: Anyway, does this mean we can log in using the Amazon connection, make purchases on Woot but pay using our "Amazon Store Card"?




Hey, I just tried this out. I linked my amazon and woot account, and during checkout I could page thru all my shipping addresses and payment methods from amazon, but my amazon store card was not listed.

oh well... maybe in the future after amazon absorbs woot a little more.

signature available upon request

joegriese


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joegriese
agingdragqueen wrote:Not at this time, sorry.



Well, that's horse poop.

alexguada


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexguada

This could've made so much sense for the customer, but all it proved was that we are better off buying stuff directly from Amazon.

BlindBocephus


quality posts: 1 Private Messages BlindBocephus
mylucidity wrote:The only way this would be a improvement is if my prime membership eliminates the 5 dollar shipping fee.



Agreed

BlindBocephus

shaohemao


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaohemao

How can I purchase from wine.woot?

WLAURENT


quality posts: 7 Private Messages WLAURENT

If they would let Amazon Prime replace the $5 shipping, I would likely purchase much more.

Granted, some items (like wine, very large/heavy items and some other 3rd party provider things) might not be able to meet the 2 day shipping, but they could still ditch the $5 fee in favor of supporting their Prime Members.

I would bet that there are a good 25-30 additional things a year that I would buy if this were true. In fact some of them I just source from Amazon anyways (though that would only be maybe 4-5 of the 25-30 items since you can not always find them as prime listings on Amazon).

mpcs21


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mpcs21

Notice now that Amazon is tied to Woot, that tax is now being charged. Iv'e never paid tax on Woot.com, now I do. Even though the products don't ship from TN. Also, since Woot is owned by Amazon, why doesn't the products qualify for Prime? Tax and shipping savings is what encourages me to shop online, especially Woot.com

Orcrist42


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Orcrist42

I read through the FAQ blog post above and generally most of these nice comments, but didn't see my question addressed, so here goes:

What is the difference between "Logging in with Amazon Payments" in the login page and Adding Amazon Payments under the Your Connections part of my existing Woot account?

There is no option under Shipping & Payment to add Amazon, but then I haven't tried buying anything since linking this so...

Does this make a difference on my existing account?

If I login with Amazon Payments... how does it credit my purchases to my ever-so-important Woot ego box?

Finally... I wasn't clear on what the actual benefits are for this. If I can't purchase off of woot using amazon gift cards, where is the benefit exactly? easier sign-up for new customers?

thumperchick


quality posts: 259 Private Messages thumperchick
Orcrist42 wrote:I read through the FAQ blog post above and generally most of these nice comments, but didn't see my question addressed, so here goes:

What is the difference between "Logging in with Amazon Payments" in the login page and Adding Amazon Payments under the Your Connections part of my existing Woot account?

There is no option under Shipping & Payment to add Amazon, but then I haven't tried buying anything since linking this so...

Does this make a difference on my existing account?

If I login with Amazon Payments... how does it credit my purchases to my ever-so-important Woot ego box?

Finally... I wasn't clear on what the actual benefits are for this. If I can't purchase off of woot using amazon gift cards, where is the benefit exactly? easier sign-up for new customers?



I have yet to see the "your connections" feature *do* anything. I think the integration part of that feature just never happened.

The benefit is that if you make a purchase using Amazon Payments, you are covered by the Amazon A-Z warranty. If you choose to not use Amazon Payments, you have no recourse through Amazon, if something doesn't work out with Woot. (Personally, I'm okay with dealing with woot, since Amazon will ask that you start here anyway.)

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 900 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Orcrist42 wrote:I read through the FAQ blog post above and generally most of these nice comments, but didn't see my question addressed, so here goes:

What is the difference between "Logging in with Amazon Payments" in the login page and Adding Amazon Payments under the Your Connections part of my existing Woot account?

There is no difference. They are the same thing - one you can use while logging in; the other if you are already logged in via your Woot Account.

There is no option under Shipping & Payment to add Amazon, but then I haven't tried buying anything since linking this so...

You need to sign in with Amazon to gain access to Pay with Amazon.

Does this make a difference on my existing account?

No, your Woot account is still there and you can use it at any time.

If I login with Amazon Payments... how does it credit my purchases to my ever-so-important Woot ego box?

Your purchases are treated just the same so yes, your ego box is adjusted accordingly.

Finally... I wasn't clear on what the actual benefits are for this. If I can't purchase off of woot using amazon gift cards, where is the benefit exactly? easier sign-up for new customers?

Logging in with your Amazon account gives you access to your Amazon address book. So if you have a lot of people that you ship to, this can be quite a benefit since you don’t have to maintain the info in two different places. In addition, your address book on Amazon has a payment source associated with each address. So you kill two birds with one login – send to an address with your set payment source.



*NEW* NEW New Work Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Kirkstone


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Kirkstone

I will continue to buy things on Woot the way I always have.

Until I can use Amazon gift cards, Amazon merchandise credit or Discover CashBack as I can on Amazon's main site, this feature is useless to me.

Orcrist42


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Orcrist42
ThunderThighs wrote:answers a bunch of questions



Thank you TT, I think you answered all my questions and cleared up my confusion.

tempsaint


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tempsaint

I just want to echo what some other people are saying/asking for... the ability to use Amazon gift cards to pay for items on woot. I don't even care about the tax or free shipping for Prime members (which I am) but I would have purchased a bunch of stuff from Woot if this was an option because I have a significant chunk of change in Amazon gift cards just sitting there.

rrussell


quality posts: 9 Private Messages rrussell

+1 to use the Amazon Gift card balance.

I came here to find exactly that out.

My plan was to run out to 7-11 and get an Amazon gift card with the cash in my pocket and then use it to pay my way out - but since I can't, alas, no sale.

KerlTerlSuperFriends


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KerlTerlSuperFriends
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply there willyone! I've been rather busy with other tasks here in the office.

I had in fact asked your question last week and had an answer..but then forgot it..and now I remember!

According to Woot Staff, currently you are NOT able to use the Amazon Store Card for purchases through Woot.com/Amazon Payments.

Although considered a line of credit, it is not currently authorized to work through the Amazon Payment method on Woot.

I have, however, brought this to the attention of Woot Innovations staff and they are currently investigating this issue along with many other ideas.

I hope this info is helpful for you. Again, apologies that I could not answer sooner.

If you do have any further questions or concerns about Amazon Payments, please feel free to email into Support@Woot.com and let them know. They'll be happy to help explain some further details and bits of information.



I just tested adding something to my account while logged in via my amazon account and saw my amazon store card listed as a form of payment. Have these rules changed? And if so, are purchases of a qualifying amount eligible for the no interest offers through the amazon store card?

Thanks!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 900 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KerlTerlSuperFriends wrote:I just tested adding something to my account while logged in via my amazon account and saw my amazon store card listed as a form of payment. Have these rules changed? And if so, are purchases of a qualifying amount eligible for the no interest offers through the amazon store card?

Thanks!


I haven't heard of any change. I'd say try it out and see what happens.



*NEW* NEW New Work Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

raytony


quality posts: 0 Private Messages raytony

Well I did have this now it will not work and no one can tell me why. Every time I try it says no payment method. Ready to stop shopping at woot and Amazon

bcarroll03


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcarroll03

Can we use Amazon gift cards yet?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 900 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bcarroll03 wrote:Can we use Amazon gift cards yet?


No, sorry.



*NEW* NEW New Work Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

sharonellen77


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharonellen77
thumperchick wrote:Will this move mean we can use Amazon gift cards here at woot in the near future?



This would be ideal!

RmeNayv


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RmeNayv

I would have bought a computer today if I could have used my Amazon Store card. Oh well.

lacotomo


quality posts: 12 Private Messages lacotomo

Amazon Gift cards yet?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 900 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lacotomo wrote:Amazon Gift cards yet?


No, sorry.



*NEW* NEW New Work Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mdrcoast


quality posts: 43 Private Messages mdrcoast

So if we log into Woot with our Amazon Credentials, is that like having a new account on Woot? Will we lose our purchase history if we are logging in with new credentials?

Never-mind, got it worked out and the accounts linked.

lacotomo


quality posts: 12 Private Messages lacotomo
ThunderThighs wrote:No, sorry.




How about now?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 900 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lacotomo wrote:How about now?



Brat.

No.



*NEW* NEW New Work Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

aardwolf64


quality posts: 48 Private Messages aardwolf64
ThunderThighs wrote:Brat.

No.



Maybe OP is hoping you will gift-card him/her like you did with poor acraigl and the docks...

x22

emilyap


quality posts: 17 Private Messages emilyap
aardwolf64 wrote:Maybe OP is hoping you will gift-card him/her like you did with poor acraigl and the docks...


I see dozens of depleted gift cards being shipped out of Texas...