spilzer

quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer

Oh, and because I'm a loyal Seditionist, here's a recipe for Egg Nog GREEN Smoothie

Ingredients
½ cups SO Delicious Egg Nog (or any other egg nog)

1 cup ice

½ banana (fresh, not frozen)

Large handful of spinach

¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice, (or use cinnamon and nutmeg)

Instructions
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until well mixed. Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.

sbryson111

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbryson111
sbryson111 wrote:Proper Nog for Christmas Morning

Cooking the eggs reduces the risk of salmonella.

2 large eggs
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1/2 cup bourbon
ice

1. Warm a skillet to medium on the stovetop.

2. Whisk eggs and cream together.

3. Cook eggs in the skillet and serve to hungry child.

4. Place ice in a double old fashioned glass and fill with bourbon.

5. Enjoy!

If preparing this recipe on Thanksgiving, the bourbon used must be Wild Turkey.

abidace666

quality posts: 10 Private Messages abidace666

Green is Good... So here a Green Tea / Chai Latte Eggnog

Ingredients

1 Bombay Chai Tea Pouch
or use standard Tea/Organic tea
http://home.woot.com/offers/organic-chai-duo
or
http://www.amazon.com/Matcha-Green-Tea-Powder-Antioxidant/dp/B00DDT116M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416980137&sr=8-1&keywords=matcha

1 cup Water
1 tsp. Sugar
1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Freshly Ground Nutmeg
½ cup Eggnog

Preparation
Make a concentrate of Chai by steeping tea pouch in 1 cup of boiling water, then add in 1 tsp. sugar and stir until dissolved.

Next, add in 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg and stir. Lastly add in 1/2 cup steamed eggnog.

Serves Serves 1 12 oz. cup or 2 6 oz. cups.

debraae

quality posts: 36 Private Messages debraae

Party recipe!

BALTIMORE EGGNOG

INGREDIENTS:
2 dozen Eggs, separated
1 (750-mL) bottle VS cognac or other brandy
16 oz Jamaican rum
2 lb Powdered sugar
3 qt (96 oz) Whole milk
1 qt (32 oz) Heavy cream
1 tsp Salt
.75 tsp Grated nutmeg

PREPARATION:
In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks until light and lemon-colored. While continuing to beat, add the brandy, rum, sugar, milk, heavy cream and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and nutmeg until they form stiff peaks. Fold the whites into the yolk mixture. Serve in punch cups. (This recipe serves 25 people.)

lichme

quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme

3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup white sugar
salt to taste
2 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup rum (optional)
2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
1 pinch ground nutmeg

In a heavy saucepan, combine eggs, white sugar, and salt; gradually stir in milk. Stirring constantly, cook for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat, until mixture just coats a metal spoon. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Place saucepan over ice water until custard cools, and then refrigerate until chilled.
In a chilled bowl, combine heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in rum and yellow food coloring. Fold whipped cream mixture into the cooled custard. Pour into serving bowl, and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve immediately.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

abidace666

Heres a good one from
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/eggnog/#ixzz3K9SQNTRC

Ingredients
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups milk
2 whole cloves
Pinch of cinnamon
1 cup cream
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tbsp each of bourbon and rum or brandy, or to taste (can omit for kid-friendly eggnog)
*4 egg whites (optional)
Method
1 In a large bowl, use a whisk or an electric mixer to beat egg yolks until they become somewhat lighter in color. Slowly add the sugar, beating after each addition, whisking until fluffy.
2 Combine the milk, cloves, and cinnamon in a thick-bottomed saucepan. Slowly heat on medium heat until the milk mixture is steamy hot, but not boiling.
3 Temper the eggs by slowly adding half of the hot milk mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly while you add the hot mixture. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
4 Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture begins to thicken slightly, and coats the back of the spoon. It helps to have a candy thermometer, but not necessary; if you have one, cook until the mixture reaches 160°F. Do not allow the mixture to boil, or it will curdle. (If the mixture does curdle you may be able to save it by running it through a blender.) Remove from heat and stir in the cream. Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove the cloves. Let cool for one hour.
5 Mix in vanilla extract, nutmeg, and bourbon/rum and brandy (feel free to omit for kid-friendly eggnog). Chill.

Cloves and Cinnamon bring in the spicy dash

gty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gty

1 red plastic disposable cup
3 shots Myers Dark Rum
1 shot eggnog from a convenience store
1 sploosh of whipped cream
Hand-stir with wire wisk for 30 seconds
Shout DOWN WITH SANTA and toss it back

trlenoir

quality posts: 29 Private Messages trlenoir

Prete's famous nog

6 large eggs, plus 2 yolks
1/2 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups whole milk
1/2 cup Makers Mark (or more if you would like)
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped

Combine eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a heavy 3- or 4-quart pan, whisking until well-combined. Continue whisking while pouring milk in a slow, steady stream until completely incorporated. Turn on burner to lowest possible heat setting. Place pan on burner and stir mixture continuously until an instant-read thermometer reaches 160 degrees F. and the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Be patient. This should take about 25 to 30 minutes.

Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl to remove any accidental small cooked bits of egg. Add Makers Mark plus vanilla extract and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Pour into a glass pitcher, decanter, or container and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate this egg custard mixture to chill at least 4 hours or up to 3 days before finishing.

When ready to serve, pour heavy cream into a bowl and whip until it forms soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into cold custard mixture until combined.

zollins5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zollins5

The simple and easy Egg Nog
1 large egg
1 cup of whole milk
1 tbsp of sugar
1/4 tsp of vanilla
Pinch of cinnamon (or pumpkin spice) and grated nutmeg (both to taste)

Using a blender, add all ingredients, and blend to desired consistency. I like mine pretty thick.

Edit* I also like to use a chilled glass to serve it in. This helps keep the consistency longer.

x5

lord4000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lord4000

10 large eggs
1 cup superfine sugar
3 cups heavy cream
2 cups Rum
6 tsp. almond extract
6 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Separate eggs into two bowls. Beat yolks until stiff, and beat whites with half the sugar until peaks form. Slowly fold whites and yolks together. Separately, beat cream with almond extract, vanilla and remaining sugar in a bowl until stiff. Slowly fold in cream with egg mixture. Add rum and stir gently. Refrigerate overnight, or serve immediately

or the old Yancy Fry, Sr. recipe
bourbon and ice cubes

faughtey

quality posts: 21 Private Messages faughtey

I don't drink it, but one of my relatives likes Braum's eggnog.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

Zarabear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Zarabear

Egg-less EggNog!

Ingredients:
1/2 gallon milk
1 pkg instant French vanilla pudding mix
1/4 c sugar
2 t vanilla
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
Whisk together pudding mix and about a cup of milk. When it's all blended and dissolved, add the sugar, vanilla, and spices. Pour into a 2 quart pitcher, add the rest of the 1/2 gallon of milk, and stir well. Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight. Stir well before serving--the spices tend to separate and float to the top and bottom.

I've made this several times, and it's delicious--it tastes just like eggnog, except that it doesn't have the "thickness" or body that most eggnog has.

Variations:
Use Splenda and sugar-free pudding mix, and skim milk for a really lo-cal version.

Happy Holidays!

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

RandomSetOfNumbers

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RandomSetOfNumbers

ok, since my first "recipe" wasn't considered quality... I present one a little more Coalition themed.

Candy Cane Eggnog: (Zesty Cook)
Ingredients

4 egg yolks
1/3 Cup + 1 Tbsp sugar
1 Pint whole milk
1 Cup heavy cream
3 ounces bourbon (*For theme, I'd recommend switching this with Johnny Walker Red)
1/4 Cup crushed candy cane
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1 Tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
4 egg whites
Method

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, over high heat, combine the milk, heavy cream and nutmeg and bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Then return everything to the pot and cook until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F .
Remove from the heat, stir in the bourbon, pour into a medium mixing bowl.
Crush some candy cane into small fine pieces and stir into mixture.
Set in the refrigerator to chill.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. With the mixer running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk the egg whites into the chilled mixture.
Top with ground cinnamon and some whipped cream.
Enjoy!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

mossygreen

quality posts: 83 Private Messages mossygreen

I actually hate eggnog, so if I were to make it, it would probably be this recipe, from Homemade Liqueurs by Dona and Mel Meilach, because it is one serving and mostly alcohol. The orange liqueur recipes in the book have a base of about 3/4 vodka to 1/4 simple syrup. I don't know how that will compare to commercial products such as Grand Marnier, Curaçao, or whatever else you'd be using, so you should maybe add some simple syrup or other sweetener to taste.

Breakfast Eggnog

1/4 oz. orange liqueur
1 fresh egg
3/4 oz. brandy
1/4 oz. milk
nutmeg

Shake well with ice and strain into glass. Sprinkle grated nutmeg on top.

If I something fancy and time-consuming, I would make this recipe from Cosmo Cookery, because to the best of my knowledge it's the only eggnog recipe approved by the late Helen Gurley Brown! The book says that this recipe is very rich and should be served in small glasses, and will make approximately 15 servings. This seems a lot of servings for a book with the subtitl "Gourmet Meals from the First Drink to the Last Kiss," so I guess this was for a holiday orgy.

Southern-Style Eggnog

6 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brandy or bourbon whiskey
2 cups cream
2 cups milk
3 egg whites
Freshly grated nutmeg

In a large, deep bowl, beat egg yolks until creamy and light-colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Add slowly 1 c. brandy, 1 c. cream, and 2 c. milk. Continue beating as you add all these ingredients. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until very stiff. Gently fold the egg whites into the whipped cream, then blend them into the first mixture. Grate nutmeg over each serving.

It is one of the best book covers ever.

abidace666

Go Green...Charles Mingus' Secret Eggnog ... Does Santa want one ?

From http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2012/12/charles_mingus_eggnog.php

* Separate one egg for one person. Each person gets an egg.
* Two sugars for each egg, each person.
* One shot of rum, one shot of brandy per person.
* Put all the yolks into one big pan, with some milk.
* That's where the 151 proof rum goes. Put it in gradually or it'll burn the eggs,
* OK. The whites are separate and the cream is separate.
* In another pot- depending on how many people- put in one shot of each, rum and brandy. (This is after you whip your whites and your cream.)
* Pour it over the top of the milk and yolks.
* One teaspoon of sugar. Brandy and rum.
* Actually you mix it all together.
* Yes, a lot of nutmeg. Fresh nutmeg. And stir it up.
* You don't need ice cream unless you've got people coming and you need to keep it cold. Vanilla ice cream. You can use eggnog. I use vanilla ice cream.
* Right, taste for flavor. Bourbon? use Jamaica Rum in there. Jamaican Rums. Or put rye in it. Scotch. It depends.

HS1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages HS1

NOGS ON NOGS ON NOGS
To make NOGS ON NOGS ON NOGS, follow the links provided, but substitute coconut milk for soy, and So Delicious Nog for the soy nog!

Constituents

Assembly

• Fill a large glass half full with THAR BE NOG ICE CREAM
  • Top rest of glass with NOG OF SPIKING
  • Artistically place one COOKIES ARE A NOGGIN' in now floating nog ice cream
  • Spray the NOGS on NOGS on NOGS down with some nondairy whipped cream.
  • Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top
  • Insert one cinnamon stick in drink
  • Take a healthy sip of your NOGS on NOGS on NOGS float of awesome
  • Top off glass with more rum
  • **Take another healthy sip of NOGS on NOGS on NOGS float
  • Top off glass with more rum.**
  • Repeat from ** to ** until glass is empty, OR the room stops spinning and instead starts bouncing.

CaySedai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CaySedai

My recipe:

I see that I'm not the only one who uses a similar recipe.

This is the closest I've found to the original that my mom used to make with raw eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg, but much easier and no risk of salmonella.

Ludicrousity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ludicrousity

Eggnog French Toast Recipe

Ingredients
*8 eggs
*2 cups eggnog
*1/4 cup sugar
*1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract or rum extract
*20 to 26 slices English muffin bread
*Confectioners' sugar, optional
*Maple syrup

In a bowl, beat eggs, eggnog, sugar and extract; soak bread for 2 minutes per side. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8-10 servings.

x4

lightning42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lightning42

1. Turn on computer

2. Go to Woot.com

3. Read msujp's post

4. Follow msujp's directions

5. ?????

6. Profit

msujp wrote:1. Buy airline ticket to michigan

2. Get cab

3. take cab to Meijer

4. Buy Meijer premade egg nog.

5. Enjoy

6. ?????

7. Profit

pepsiwine

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pepsiwine
mossygreen wrote:I actually hate eggnog, so if I were to make it, it would probably be this recipe, from Homemade Liqueurs by Dona and Mel Meilach, because it is one serving and mostly alcohol. The orange liqueur recipes in the book have a base of about 3/4 vodka to 1/4 simple syrup. I don't know how that will compare to commercial products such as Grand Marnier, Curaçao, or whatever else you'd be using, so you should maybe add some simple syrup or other sweetener to taste.

Breakfast Eggnog

1/4 oz. orange liqueur
1 fresh egg
3/4 oz. brandy
1/4 oz. milk
nutmeg

Shake well with ice and strain into glass. Sprinkle grated nutmeg on top.

If I something fancy and time-consuming, I would make this recipe from Cosmo Cookery, because to the best of my knowledge it's the only eggnog recipe approved by the late Helen Gurley Brown! The book says that this recipe is very rich and should be served in small glasses, and will make approximately 15 servings. This seems a lot of servings for a book with the subtitl "Gourmet Meals from the First Drink to the Last Kiss," so I guess this was for a holiday orgy.

Southern-Style Eggnog

6 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brandy or bourbon whiskey
2 cups cream
2 cups milk
3 egg whites
Freshly grated nutmeg

In a large, deep bowl, beat egg yolks until creamy and light-colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Add slowly 1 c. brandy, 1 c. cream, and 2 c. milk. Continue beating as you add all these ingredients. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until very stiff. Gently fold the egg whites into the whipped cream, then blend them into the first mixture. Grate nutmeg over each serving.

It is one of the best book covers ever.

I hate eggnog, too. Just reading through this thread makes my throat feel gaggy. I mean, who could stand to drink raw eggs in thick, gloppy milk!? What is this - Fear Factor?!??
Seriously - least. sexy. drink. ever.

So I'm pretty sure I have to abstain from participating in this challenge due to, um, 'religious' and possibly 'medical' exceptions.

Your Kama Sutra cookbook picture made it all worthwhile, tho. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for the heads-up about what to expect at my next holiday party if the host whips out 15 servings of eggnog in small glasses.

thardesty

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thardesty

4 cups milk
2.5 teaspoons coconut extract
2.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 egg yolks
4 cups light cream
.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1.5 cups sugar

Combine milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon coconut, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes. Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until fluffy. Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs. Pour mixture into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. Do not allow mixture to boil. Let cool for about an hour.
Stir in cream, 2 teaspoon vanilla, 2 teaspoons coconut, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight before serving.

Enjoy

TheCorean

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TheCorean

400 ml of milk
1 lemon (1 tbsp of lemon juice & lemon rind)
125 g of cream
125 ml of Advocaat
How to make avocaat http://dutchfood.about.com/od/drinks/r/Advocaat.htm
cinnamon

1. Heat milk, cream, lemon rind & juice.
2. Remove from heat and stir in Advocaat.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon after pouring into glasses.

kophia

quality posts: 11 Private Messages kophia

If you can't have dairy, this might be a good one.

1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Cup Almond Milk
1/8 C. maple syrup*
3 egg yolks*
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 Teaspoon Allspice
1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
*organic if you wish

Separate your yolks from the egg whites and set aside in a small bowl.

Put the milks, maple syrup, and spices in a medium-sized sauce pan and whisk to combine. Heat over medium heat, whisking from time to time so it does not burn. Do this for about 5 minutes, until steam starts to appear.

Slowly pour 1/2 Cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk bowl - remember, do this slowly. You do not want to cook the yolks. Once all of the 1/2 cup is combined into the yolks, pour the whole thing into the sauce pan with the rest of the mixture. Cook it for 5 minutes more over medium heat, stirring from time to time so it does not burn.

Once prepared, let it cool and store in the refrigerator in a glass container. You can drink it this way or add a dash of your favorite adult holiday flavor "enhancer".
Cheers!

Makes approx. 2 1/3 cups.

Alexanderofthehat

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Alexanderofthehat

Actually the following is the most addictive egg nog variants I know - better known as "Moose Milk"
(At this point I will recognize that the egg nog used below is one of instant gratification - though you can certainly start with a basic yolk and heavy cream with liquor recipe...)

1 Quart Egg Nog
1 pint French Vanilla Ice cream
1 1/2 cup Meyers dark rum
1 cup bourbon
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup creme de cacao
Nutmeg

Combine all liquid ingredients in freezer safe pitcher. Don't worry about the amount of liquor and how strong it smells at the moment. In a few hours you'll never know it was there (until It's too late).

After stirring liquor and Egg Nog, spoon fat dollops of ice cream into the pitcher until the container is empty. Stir (the original temp of egg nog should be cool enough that I've cream doesn't do much melting), and refrigerate.
Waite 2-3 hours.
Remove pitcher and stir the resultant drink - it should be about like a natural milkshake.
Serve in chilled old fashioned glasses with light nutmeg.

Alexanderofthehat

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Alexanderofthehat

Actually the following is the most addictive egg nog variants I know - better known as "Moose Milk"
(At this point I will recognize that the egg nog used below is one of instant gratification - though you can certainly start with a basic yolk and heavy cream with liquor recipe...)

1 Quart Egg Nog
1 pint French Vanilla Ice cream
1 1/2 cup Meyers dark rum
1 cup bourbon
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup creme de cacao
Nutmeg

Combine all liquid ingredients in freezer safe pitcher. Don't worry about the amount of liquor and how strong it smells at the moment. In a few hours you'll never know it was there (until It's too late).

After stirring liquor and Egg Nog, spoon fat dollops of ice cream into the pitcher until the container is empty. Stir (the original temp of egg nog should be cool enough that I've cream doesn't do much melting), and refrigerate.
Waite 2-3 hours.
Remove pitcher and stir the resultant drink - it should be about like a natural milkshake.
Serve in chilled old fashioned glasses with light nutmeg.

lewissharpnack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lewissharpnack

Not a fan of eggnog

heat in a pan:
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
pour into mug and add:
2 oz peppermint schnapps

lordbowen

quality posts: 847 Private Messages lordbowen

Eggnog Cake!

2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk
3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons rum
3 eggs
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Beat all ingredients at low speed, scraping bowl constantly for 30 seconds. Beat at high speed, scraping frequently for three minutes. Pour into greased/floured 9" x 13" pan or two 8" or 9" round pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes for rectangular pan or 30-35 minutes for round pans.

If you must have actual eggnog, skip the baking part and liquefy in a blender. (Not recommended.)

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed

4 cups milk
1 cup sugar
12 large eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup rum (Optional)

I grew up in the 1970's and we didn't worry about uncooked eggs back then, we just tossed all of this into the blender and let rip.

I can't endorse this any longer because of the whole raw egg thing, but it was tasty. Maybe the booze makes it safer, but I doubt it.

snraia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snraia

This is how I do it...

Go to grocery store and purchase the nog....

Barber's Holiday Egg Nog

Recipe by Barber's Dairy

4 stars

INGREDIENTS

Barber’s Egg Nog
OPTIONAL:

Rum or Brandy flavoring
Freshly grated nutmeg or pre-ground
Cinnamon Sticks
Caramel sauce in squeeze bottle
COOKING DIRECTIONS

Serve in fluted Champagne-type glasses with freshly grated nutmeg.
Serve in wine glasses topped with caramel sauce and sprinkled with nutmeg.

jforrest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jforrest

selyara

quality posts: 1 Private Messages selyara

My favorite egg nog:
(Because who doesn't like making cheesecake!!):

12 ounces gingersnaps (about 48 cookies), finely ground
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
32 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
4 large eggs
2 cups refrigerated or canned eggnog, divided
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup whipping cream
Garnish: freshly grated nutmeg

Stir together first 3 ingredients; press mixture onto bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.

Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add 1 1/2 cups eggnog, and beat until blended. Fold in 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. flour; carefully pour cream cheese mixture into prepared pan.

Bake at 325° for 1 hour. Turn off oven. Let cheesecake stand in oven, with door closed, 1 hour. Remove to wire rack, and let cool completely. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.

Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold in remaining 1/2 cup eggnog. Spread mixture evenly over top of chilled cheesecake, and garnish, if desired.

moconnell4

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moconnell4

My man Alton Brown knows what's up:

Ingredients

4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
1 pint whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
3 ounces bourbon
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 egg whites

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.

Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.

Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.

P.S. Make sure the nutmeg is freshly ground, it makes a world of difference!

cerrdwyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cerrdwyn

I got this one a bit ago. So good

Eggnog Recipe:

4 fresh chicken eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
1 teaspoon pure orange extract
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups whole milk
1 cup half & half

Beat until there is no separation of the whites & yolks. Pour the beaten eggs into a 2 quart wide mouth mason jar.

Add 1/2 cup of sugar or 1/4 cup of honey.

Pour in 1 cup of milk,

Add vanilla, pure almond extract, orange extract and nutmeg.

Put the lid snugly on the jar and shake well until everything is blended smoothly together.

Then pour the mixture into a chilled serving pitcher and add half and half and 2 more cups of milk.

Stir gently and chill for about 2 hours. Before serving, sprinkle a little nutmeg on the top of each glass served. - Enjoy!

chelseacranshaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chelseacranshaw

1 can (13-1/2 ounces) Pirouette cookies
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
2 cups cold eggnog
1-1/3 cups cold whole milk
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions
Cut each cookie into two 2-1/2-in. sections; set aside. Crush remaining 1-inch pieces. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggnog, milk, dry pudding mixes, extract and nutmeg until smooth. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into pudding mixture. Spoon over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Arrange reserved cookies around dessert and press gently into sides. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.

acraigl

quality posts: 225 Private Messages acraigl

VOTE >

kawdrifter2000

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kawdrifter2000

Egg Noggin

6 eggs (separated )
3/4 pint cream or half-and-half
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup whiskey
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 quarts milk

First, separate the yolks and egg whites. Put the whites in another bowl and set aside

Next, beat egg yolks until they are a lemon color

Next, add sugar & salt, & beat til smooth

Next, slowly add whiskey, cream (or half & half), nutmeg & milk

Next, in a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they form a soft peek

Next, fold in the egg whites into the 1st half of the mixer you made

Finally, chill & serve

Go Green....

rhcurry02

quality posts: 15 Private Messages rhcurry02

Grandma's Nutmeg

6 eggs
Nutmeg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups milk
2 cups light rum

Beat yolks until light. Add sugar and mix well. Add milk and rum. Mix well, then chill for at least 3 hours. One hour before serving, whip cream and stir into chilled mixture. Return to refrigerator for an hour. Dust with nutmeg. Serves 20

Comp5569

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Comp5569

I like to mix my eggnog with a full beer.

robbio7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robbio7

Take a glass.
add ice.
add bourbon.
enjoy holidays.

mhodson1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mhodson1

Ingredients:
12 egg yolks
2 cups white sugar
1 (750 milliliter) bottle white rum
1 quart half-and-half cream
1 quart heavy cream
12 egg whites
1 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, 2 cups sugar and rum. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
2. Stir half-and-half into cooled yolk mixture. In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form; set aside.
3. In a separate clean bowl, with a clean whisk, whip egg whites until thick, then gradually add sugar and whip until peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the egg whites, then fold into the yolks mixture. Sprinkle top with nutmeg.