Back to Amazon.com

dmw804

quality posts: 30 Private Messages dmw804

#26 confirmed. Can't wait!!!

Edited to add: AND.... I got a top-of-page post to tell about it! Can life get any better?

X26

catiscrafty

quality posts: 4 Private Messages catiscrafty

Yay! Just got #4! I should really update my flair when I'm at my computer next time.

CatCK

quality posts: 88 Private Messages CatCK

I've missed a lot of crappy opportunities (though did buy a laptop bag) during this WootOff so far.

Hope to see more crappy cool stuff now that the workday is over.

TT, I'm having a Happy Hour drink in your honor and I really hope everything is OK with your family.

dafrogman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages dafrogman
ThunderThighs wrote:IMPORTANT NOTE

I am out of town for a family matter. I will not be able to do happy hour tonight. I'm sorry.

Glad you could take some time away. You'll be missed. Best wishes for your family and all who were affected.

x12

CatCK

Dang. In the vestibule. Got out of the vestibule and actually saw the button. Clicked on said button ... sold out.

I think. The page is stuck, but I don't think I got through.

peaceetc

quality posts: 74 Private Messages peaceetc

So my friend, oregunpixie, had to leave (she works for me as my caregiver during the day) so I kept watch of the Woot-Off and managed to score her some crap. I texted her that I'd done it and said I was the crap queen. This is what I got in response:

It's so beautiful.

BTW, her contact pic is of the Daryl minifig I got from one of TSH's short fiction showdowns (I miss those a lot, by the way). I'd given it to oregunpixie because she's a big fan of Daryl and TWD.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

mnmsnut

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mnmsnut

ALL DAY TRIED FOR THE Big ol' Class AND ENDED UP IN VESTABLE EACH TIME.

RebelTaz

quality posts: 42 Private Messages RebelTaz

Once again - Swoosh! Score! Can't wait!

x51x2x2
... ...

CatCK

Vestibule again. This may be a crapless day for me as I can't stay up too much longer.

Anybody know how long this WootOff will last?

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 54 Private Messages digitaljanitor

Arrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I got dumped into the VoP I think 4 times today. But YAY! even though my computer crashed just before a bagofcrap came up, my WootStalker Android app popped it up and I actually graduated from the VoP and was given the chance to sign back into my account and scored! (My 3 year old Motorola Droid MAXX phone with 4.4 OS isn't supported by Woot App )

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

peaceetc

CatCK wrote:Vestibule again. This may be a crapless day for me as I can't stay up too much longer.

Anybody know how long this WootOff will last?

The post for the $5 all day shipping only has today's date on it. That doesn't mean they won't do a different one if there's a second day since it seems like they've done that before. No idea, really. I'm so helpful.

drgandalf

quality posts: 49 Private Messages drgandalf

Both my wife and I got Crap today. Luna is practicing so she can hover over the next bags!

peaceetc

drgandalf wrote:Both my wife and I got Crap today. Luna is practicing so she can hover over the next bags!

I swear Luna is my favorite thing to see on crap threads.

SylvreKat

quality posts: 44 Private Messages SylvreKat

I just missed this morn's Bundles of Crayons. And had to leave for Mum's eye appt literally just before the noonish one.

But while they were trying to get pics of the back of her eyeball (or maybe the front--not sure, not gonna ask, eyeballs are squishy stuff thus gross), I thought to check my phone. The...whatever...was at 2%, so I quick signed in and checked back and there was a Bag! Figured I was pooched on the phone but touched anyways, and touched, and got a flash of vestibule then success!!

Which is good, 'cause I left for Band just before the next, and got home from Band just after. Happy stukid dumb Leon-phone squishy-eyeball luck!

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

TT, I hope the family thing is nothing too serious. More like me having the day off to drive Mums home from the eye dr.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

peaceetc wrote:I swear Luna is my favorite thing to see on crap threads.

I agree. I LURVE the hovering Luna pics!

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

CatCK

Leftovers! Wow, that's new.

I'm guessing that the WootOff is over?

SylvreKat

And stumbling onto the woot!off, I realized I never got last month's Crap posted. My sis'in-law and younger nef' arrived a couple days later, so I opened the Box and thrilled to the goods, then tucked it away in the flurry of last-minute cleaning.

And totally forgot about it 'cause they were here three weeks. Kinda' forgot about lots in the aftermath of recovery from extended family visit. Love having them here, but goodness it does disrupt one's life doesn't it!

Since I'm not bothering to dig down to last month's thread, I'm just gonna post here to entertain while we wait for this month's boxes to migrate.

We have got, from bottom left around to Morgan--

1 - empty foam pouch that according to its label once contained a Dayplanners 2015 (18-month)

1 - micro usb fabric wrist band that works with Android devices

1 - white scarf with black dots and a silver-tone butterfly & beads in the middle, which actually is rather nice and shall be worn by me (label on the back states "various colors (white)" so apparently this came in various colors of white)

1 - 8" square baking pan. SCORE! Brownies this weekend!!

1 - "Three Legs Mini 12 Panels 5...Folding Puzzle Cube Twisty New", which seems like some kind of flat Rubik's Cube-type toy, which means it'll just frustrate me 'til I give up, at which point my big bro will get it and solve it in about 3.5 minutes

1 - purple Crap Bag, as promised and in the new back-bag style

2 - shirtwoot! cards, "Past Your Bedtime"

1 - "Mobile Phone Stent"--no idea what the heck this thing is. The label's text--"New - Mobile Phone Stent are Expanding Phone Grip and Phone Stand for Smartphones and Tablets (Black on Black)" Pics show it stuck onto the back of your phone/tablet and used as a prop or a handle or (as a pair) a cord wrap. Anyone have a yen for one of these?

1 - iPhone 6Plus no-name case, "New" per the label (I'm so glad these labels clarify the newness of my crap)

1 - "Heavy Duty" desktop tape dispenser which really is HEAVY duty! In a very pretty bright teal. Since I bought a kitty tape dispenser literally the day before getting my Box, I'll give it to my church

1 - sleek steel door stopper

1 - hanging glass terrarium thing which I'll probably gift to my other sis'in-law as she likes growing herbs

1 - Sigma action figure which looks like a really nice artist manikin. This is mine. She shall go next to Toby, the wood manikin my Dad gave me when I was little.

(warning--non-G-rated label text follows)

Its label states the model number is BOOBSCUT8A. Pretty much everything else is Chinese.

(all right, G-rating resumes)

1 - chevron screaming monkey that Morgan is hugging in welcome.

So that's my July BofC, late but posted. Looking forward to August's!

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

Oh yeah, and there was this weird thing last week up in the sky, something with the sun I think? No idea what 'cause pretty much all we got were clouds.

Darn weather. After all my prep buying a solar filter and practicing weekends taking sun pics and planning where to go for clear horizons, I didn't get to see the best part. Heck, I barely got anything, just maybe ten minutes after it started and three minutes before totality. That's all the clouds granted us in Troy KS. Grumble snarl grouse!

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

jmc15john

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmc15john

The Woot-Off yesterday was a lot of fun. Picked up my first Bundles of Crayons in 8 years. Now for the long wait...

x3

digitaljanitor

jmc15john wrote:The Woot-Off yesterday was a lot of fun. Picked up my first Bundles of Crayons in 8 years. Now for the long wait...

If you're hoping for a long wait, you're likely to be disappointed (the whole point?) the process has been accelerated of late. You might just have to be extra disappointed with the contents to make up for the less disappointment waiting.

digitaljanitor

TT, Hope your transition back to the office jungle goes smoothly and that the time away allowed you to better manage the family deal - family is really what counts. (of course, we are all your family too )

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi all. I'm at the airport to head back home. Thank you for all the kind wishes.

I'll be checking for duplicate orders tonight and then writing letters. I'll be in early in the morning to go through shipping labels for letter recipients.

Son and I are bringing back about 180 lbs of old comics that were his father's collection.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

therealjrn

quality posts: 84 Private Messages therealjrn
ThunderThighs wrote:Hi all. I'm at the airport to head back home. Thank you for all the kind wishes.

I'll be checking for duplicate orders tonight and then writing letters. I'll be in early in the morning to go through shipping labels for letter recipients.

Son and I are bringing back about 180 lbs of old comics that were his father's collection.

LOL, How many suitcase fulls? Or did you just go for a steamer trunk?

therealjrn

quality posts: 84 Private Messages therealjrn

When I was a kid, we went up North to visit relatives in Saginaw, Michigan. Besides being the first place I ever experienced a house with the garage under part of the house (it was in a hilly neighborhood) my cousins had a WHOLE WALK-IN CLOSET FULL OF COMIC BOOKS!!1!

It was AMAZING!

BillThePoet

quality posts: 15 Private Messages BillThePoet

Very happy to grab another Bustier of Charms....

As much as I love Woot, I normally avoid this thread so I can open my box and experience the full spontaneous, intense, personal, unfiltered, and unforgiving disappointment. Part of the fun [snicker].

I promise that if even one item is not "basic" woot loot, I'll post a pic.

Luck, everybody. "Good" luck is probably not an option.

Yuratowel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Yuratowel

These are always fun.
Good luck seekers of magnets, monkeys, bags and other Woot gear!

ThunderThighs

Staff

therealjrn wrote:LOL, How many suitcase fulls? Or did you just go for a steamer trunk?

You laugh. We checked about 180 lbs of comics. Son's dad's collection. MIL had stored them all this time so we had to bring them home now v

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:You laugh. We checked about 180 lbs of comics. Son's dad's collection. MIL had stored them all this time so we had to bring them home now v

DAMN!!!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

digitaljanitor

ThunderThighs wrote:You laugh. We checked about 180 lbs of comics. Son's dad's collection. MIL had stored them all this time so we had to bring them home now v

It's a shame that you couldn't SurePost them home for $5

ThunderThighs

Staff

digitaljanitor wrote:It's a shame that you couldn't SurePost them home for $5

We pondered shipping them but didn't trust carriers to not destroy them. And insurance would have killed it.

drgandalf

quality posts: 49 Private Messages drgandalf

Our new kitten Rowan is contemplating the mechanics and magic of feline hovering. Will he learn it for the upcoming Bags of Crap? Time will tell.

SylvreKat

Say, if there's any Dr Strange, I will gladly buy all the ones I don't already own. He has always been my fave character of all (well, once I graduated to getting to buy my own comics, he has. When I was little with the Momma buying, it was all Disney and Loony Tunes)

Welcome back home!

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

ThunderThighs

Staff

THE STATS

750 Bundles of Crayonss Sold
1 Canceled as a Dupe

Can you guess where some of the sales are on this graph?

There will be letters and a TT Stinker.

See y'all tomorrow.

digitaljanitor

ThunderThighs wrote: THE STATS

1 Canceled as a Dupe

See y'all tomorrow.

Okay, TT, you asked, I CAN guess (probably wrong though, as usual)

peaceetc

digitaljanitor wrote:Okay, TT, you asked, I CAN guess (probably wrong though, as usual)

Now that's just crazy talk (and graphic), DiJa. I thought it was all the empty bits, personally. I do like me some negative space.

Are the little red blips from the Twitter crap offerings?

mello6869

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mello6869

So I will never forget that I snagged a bag during hurricane Harvey! Seriously praying it gets to me, and that I get to it before any looters! Sure am glad to have this to look forward to, other than how excited it was seeing sunlight yesterday! Squeeee!!

SylvreKat

ThunderThighs wrote: THE STATS

1 Canceled as a Dupe

See y'all tomorrow.

Gawrsh, my spike is the biggest.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

mello6869 wrote:So I will never forget that I snagged a bag during hurricane Harvey! Seriously praying it gets to me, and that I get to it before any looters! Sure am glad to have this to look forward to, other than how excited it was seeing sunlight yesterday! Squeeee!!

My bro happened to look outside and just caught the sunlight before it went away again. Got a picture and everything! He was so excited he emailed everyone!!

We KC-ians can sympathize, what with Indian Creek taking out a strip mall--twice. Not the same level as Houston, but flooding is flooding and a terrible thing to go through.

You poor Houston-area folk you.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

bradyarz

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradyarz

Hurray shipping notification! Three pound placeholder.

I just re-read the title of this thread, not as crap in the month of August, but as an impressive and distinguished woot. I'm thinking the woot logo should have a top hat and monocle.