wajeremy


quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

Narfcake wrote:How bad were the server stats?



Stay tuned. We did put all our Bundles of Crayons contingencies up for this like the Vestibule and still saw some amazingness of unprecedented scale. Congratulations to all the people who got one but yeah, they went FAST.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

JaaronY2004


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JaaronY2004

Awesome! Server crash at 5:59pm EST and back up at 6:04pm EST to find it sold out...:-(

Congrats to those who got one!

bluesman99999


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluesman99999
acraigl wrote:I friggin' got one!!!!



Congrats! I kinda hate you, but that's just misdirected anger at Woot's crappy servers.

tamaries


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamaries

that was some serious bs.

juliancbol


quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliancbol

Huge Marketing scheme to add new accounts. Bravo Woot - deleting account and spreading the negative word.

juliancbol


quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliancbol
bluesman99999 wrote:Congrats! I kinda hate you, but that's just misdirected anger at Woot's crappy servers.



That was probably the only one they sold.

Narfcake


quality posts: 394 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

juliancbol wrote:Huge Marketing scheme to add new accounts. Bravo Woot - deleting account and spreading the negative word.


Just like Black Friday sales, high demand + limited supply = not everyone will get a chance.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.
 

lichme


quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme

Sale Page for anybody interested

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

shadowdemon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowdemon
juliancbol wrote:Huge Marketing scheme to add new accounts. Bravo Woot - deleting account and spreading the negative word.



Yup! Deleting the app now. GONE!

mbirds


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbirds

Somehow managed to order one. Maybe because I'm at work and our upload speed is insanely fast. Just feel lucky.

johare1


quality posts: 2 Private Messages johare1
juliancbol wrote:Huge Marketing scheme to add new accounts. Bravo Woot - deleting account and spreading the negative word.


This is one case where I think a negative review in the App store is more than warranted since it was clearly a ploy to get more people to download the App. Pretty much even bragged that WAY more people downloaded the App than they had available units for.

Narfcake


quality posts: 394 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

wajeremy wrote:... but yeah, they went FAST.


Can we at least use milliseconds?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.
 

psuchad


quality posts: 12 Private Messages psuchad

There is no use complaining about servers. With huge demand for one product with little inventory, no company could possibly handle the load. I wouldn't expect them to invest in a ton of infrastructure for a one off sale either.

It is all about patience, timing, and mostly luck.

x33x1 x1


troyinatlanta


quality posts: 0 Private Messages troyinatlanta

Wow, Waited all day signed in at 6 EST, and your website crashes! You were not prepared. And now you're sold out of the Nintendo System. I came back to Woot after being away, even down loaded the app to my phone just for this. If you can not rectify this you will have lost me for ever. I actually feel bad for you because when this hits social media... you are toast.
Sincerely,
TE
Atlanta, GA

Troy Evans

riona


quality posts: 9 Private Messages riona

Wow...there are some BITTER people out there because they didn't get to buy a game system they should have KNOWN the chances were slim of getting! I read some of the replies to Woot's tweet about the servers crashing and I can't believe how childish so many adults can be. They act like Woot broke some sacred promise or something by selling out too fast. Sheesh

x 2
12/20/13 Backpack of Crap
6/2/14 Random Crap (Start of computers.woot)
7/11/14 Birthday Celebrations Crap and Shirt Crap
7/11/17 Birthday Celebrations Crap
10/17/17 October Crap
11/20/17 0ffice of B33ler #2 Crap
12/4/17 Cr@pv3nt 4 A11 Crap

lichme


quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme
psuchad wrote:There is no use complaining about servers. With huge demand for one product with little inventory, no company could possibly handle the load. I wouldn't expect them to invest in a ton of infrastructure for a one off sale either.

It is all about patience, timing, and mostly luck.



Olive Gardens pasta pass is able to sell 20,000+ units in under a second without crashing. Just sayin....

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

drewcroa


quality posts: 35 Private Messages drewcroa
tamaries wrote:that was some serious bs.



Na, this is....




That was totally expected, I mean really how many did you think they would actually have? I figured there would be even less than the approximately 30 or so I think they did have.

kathleen1966


quality posts: 36 Private Messages kathleen1966

I'm holding onto hope that someones card doesnt go through since I am still in the vestibule

x 3

#LoVE

lichme


quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme

Oddly, I'm not at all mad that I didn't get one. Having babies changes one's priorities I guess.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
lichme wrote:Olive Gardens pasta pass is able to sell 20,000+ units in under a second without crashing. Just sayin....

They probably use tomato sauce to keep their servers cool...

marvinbeaverdip


quality posts: 3 Private Messages marvinbeaverdip

yep.. as usual for woot, they have 5 things available for the 1000 that want them. Server crashes the instant it turns 5pm. I'll just quietly remove the other things I had in my cart and move on.

Narfcake


quality posts: 394 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

lichme wrote:Oddly, I'm not at all mad that I didn't get one. Having babies changes one's priorities I guess.


No babies here, but I ain't mad either.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.
 

tamaries


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamaries

I was at least hoping to see something other than a white screen and a server crash. Even an endless waiting room where I could at least pretend I had a chance. This just reminds me why I gave up following woot in the past - I hate the feeling of not even having a shot.

drewcroa wrote:Na, this is....




That was totally expected, I mean really how many did you think they would actually have? I figured there would be even less than the approximately 30 or so I think they did have.



turnerje


quality posts: 0 Private Messages turnerje

Wow. I sat in the waiting room forever. Was redirected to login and select payment information. Once I clicked buy, boom. We're sorry, it sold out and was yanked from your cart. Why ask me for my information, with the item in my cart, to just tell me it sold out?

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
Narfcake wrote:No babies here, but I ain't mad either.

I'm not mad...
I didn't even try.
Played Pong for the first time in '74 at a bar. I just turned 21. Got tired of it after a couple beers. Gave up on video games.....

rideincircles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rideincircles

I am still in the vestibule of patience at 5:28. Is there any hope? Do they just do this for fun?

I thought it would just show that it was sold out, but haven't used it in forever.

Edit. It finally pulled up the order screen at 5:29. Sold out it seems.

Narfcake


quality posts: 394 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

marvinbeaverdip wrote:yep.. as usual for woot, they have 5 things available for the 1000 that want them. Server crashes the instant it turns 5pm. I'll just quietly remove the other things I had in my cart and move on.


More like 60 and probably 100k+ users.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.
 

nonnahs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nonnahs

Oh My Failing Grades!! I am so happy! I immediately started trying the second it went on sale and got error messages saying that the servers were messed up and then another error saying I was in the wait line but pretty much no chance of getting it and then a few minutes later I got an email saying that it went through! I am so happy. I’ve been trying to get one since they first went on sale for my two kids with autism.

wajeremy


quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

johare1 wrote:This is one case where I think a negative review in the App store is more than warranted since it was clearly a ploy to get more people to download the App. Pretty much even bragged that WAY more people downloaded the App than they had available units for.



I mean, of *course* it was to encourage app downloads. Just like Black Friday doorbusters are to get people to come to the store. We did have quite a few of these and they did all sell and sell fast. And we plan to find more cool things in limited inventory to put on our site and app because that's kind of what we do and who we've always been. Unfortunately, there are products like this that are popular and hard to get. If we could get enough to meet demand, we totally would because WOOHOO money. And every other retailer would too right now.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

nonnahs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nonnahs
juliancbol wrote:That was probably the only one they sold.



Nope as I got one too!

drewcroa


quality posts: 35 Private Messages drewcroa

So, how long have you guys been sitting on these anyway? Was this incredible foresight or pure dumb luck?

jhuster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhuster

*shocked* I was able to get one... simply can't believe it!!

rideincircles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rideincircles

I had way better luck on the treasure truck. Got a SNES on the first day and had a friend get a NES the day I learned about the treasure truck.

If you are adamant about having a NES to play, just build a retropie. You can play almost every console with every game before the year 2000 on a raspberry pi for less than $100 for everything.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

psuchad wrote:There is no use complaining about servers. With huge demand for one product with little inventory, no company could possibly handle the load. I wouldn't expect them to invest in a ton of infrastructure for a one off sale either.

It is all about patience, timing, and mostly luck.


You get us. You really rally get us.



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

drewcroa


quality posts: 35 Private Messages drewcroa
rideincircles wrote:I had way better luck on the treasure truck. Got a SNES on the first day and had a friend get a NES the day I learned about the treasure truck.

If you are adamant about having a NES to play, just build a retropie. You can play almost every console with every game before the year 2000 on a raspberry pi for less than $100 for everything.



I set mine up for less than $60

DJBBG


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJBBG

Uninstallz the bait an screw u app !!

sammydog01


quality posts: 70 Private Messages sammydog01
wajeremy wrote:This afternoon! See above!



I forgot about the sale- could you go ahead and send me one? Just charge it to my account. Thanks.

tp222


quality posts: 8 Private Messages tp222

and I missed the boat.


meh

1 out of 2 aint bad. Got Pax tix at least.

BonoMan


quality posts: 16 Private Messages BonoMan

I had my phone ready, hit the buy button the second the push notification hit and immediate went to the vestibule.

johare1


quality posts: 2 Private Messages johare1
wajeremy wrote:I mean, of *course* it was to encourage app downloads. Just like Black Friday doorbusters are to get people to come to the store. We did have quite a few of these and they did all sell and sell fast. And we plan to find more cool things in limited inventory to put on our site and app because that's kind of what we do and who we've always been. Unfortunately, there are products like this that are popular and hard to get. If we could get enough to meet demand, we totally would because WOOHOO money. And every other retailer would too right now.



We did have quite a few of these and they did all sell and sell fast. And we plan to find more cool things in limited inventory to put on our site