Back to Amazon.com

sammydog01

quality posts: 72 Private Messages sammydog01
ThunderThighs wrote:With a green-handled spoon.

Good thing Amazon lets me cancel stuff. I prefer a straw to a spoon for drinking coffee.

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

I thought it was an ice cream scoop.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

sammydog01

hot72chev wrote:I thought it was an ice cream scoop.

Zachrusswoot got me confused.

SylvreKat

quality posts: 44 Private Messages SylvreKat
ThunderThighs wrote:Heh. It's a no-win for us. Any later and it's during work hours.

Set your alarm! There's some great stuff.

Uh, any not-later and it's already work hours. At least for some of us. Just pointing out some of us don't work banker's hours.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

therealjrn

quality posts: 84 Private Messages therealjrn
SylvreKat wrote:Uh, any not-later and it's already work hours. At least for some of us. Just pointing out some of us don't work banker's hours.

>'Kat

Some of us aren't even bankers!

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 54 Private Messages digitaljanitor
therealjrn wrote:Some of us aren't even bankers!

But some of us are, or used to be...
When I was a banker, I was at my desk about an hour before the doors opened and still there 2 or 3 hours after the doors closed most often. And Saturday morning shifts were pretty common. Posted bank lobby hours are NOT actual bankers hours - just sayin'

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

mepher

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mepher

F5.... nope. Wait a minute.

I know it will go live the moment I get up.

tnhillbillygal

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tnhillbillygal

I'm here and waiting for they day 2 unveiling! Woot!

x11

mepher

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mepher

Meh. We're xbox people here. Good luck on it if it's a good deal. See you again tomorrow!

tnhillbillygal

tnhillbillygal wrote:I'm here and waiting for they day 2 unveiling! Woot!

...and it's something out of my price range, lol! Gonna be a good deal for several people though!

x11

sammydog01

Darn- I paid more for one of those. Oh well, the kid wanted the other color.

sammydog01

mepher wrote:Meh. We're xbox people here. Good luck on it if it's a good deal. See you again tomorrow!

With shipping it's about $15 off. Not bad but not worth returning the one I have either.

peaceetc

quality posts: 74 Private Messages peaceetc

So today's offering is something I'd love to have but can't even remotely afford. I am grumbling so hard right now.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 54 Private Messages digitaljanitor
peaceetc wrote:So today's offering is something I'd love to have but can't even remotely afford. I am grumbling so hard right now.

"remotely"? I see what you did there.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

neinhalt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages neinhalt

My favorite part is the sales stats vs. the 1-unit purchase limit. 35% of purchasers joined today. I, for one, welcome our new ghost account Pilgrims!

edit: So weird. O-v-e-r-l-o-r-d-s changes to pilgrims? I'm interested in the reasoning behind this.

therealjrn

quality posts: 84 Private Messages therealjrn
neinhalt wrote:My favorite part is the sales stats vs. the 1-unit purchase limit. 35% of purchasers joined today. I, for one, welcome our new ghost account Pilgrims!

edit: So weird. O-v-e-r-l-o-r-d-s changes to pilgrims? I'm interested in the reasoning behind this.

I'm guessing here, but maybe they were getting tired of people posting about the AMZN Lords-of-Over.

There's all sorts of little Easter Egg word filters lol.

xvolution

quality posts: 31 Private Messages xvolution

Would have jumped on this if I could afford it right now, but it's a bit out of my price range. Maybe when it's tax time.

tnhillbillygal

Everybody ready for day 3? Already bought a Yoda costume this morning for mydog that he is going to just love ☺

x11

sammydog01

tnhillbillygal wrote:Everybody ready for day 3? Already bought a Yoda costume this morning for mydog that he is going to just love ☺

Yeah, this totally needs a photo when it comes in.

sammydog01

It's a Switch something with a broken link.

xvolution

quality posts: 31 Private Messages xvolution

"Hmm, we can't find that". I smell an oopsie.

EDIT: Very clever. A Nintendo "light" switch.

peaceetc

It's been fixed. Read it very carefully.

dafrogman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages dafrogman

LOL

x12

sammydog01

Hahaha! I shipping was free I would totally buy one of these to put in the box the Switch came in. I think the kid has a sense of humor.

karichar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages karichar
sammydog01 wrote:It's a Switch something with a broken link.

It's working now! It just took the server a sec to catch up

Also, thanks to everyone who is getting up early to check out these sales with us! You make this sleepy Woot staffer a lot less lonely on a Sunday morning I promise we've got some really cool stuff in store for everyone.

sammydog01

karichar wrote:It's working now! It just took the server a sec to catch up

Also, thanks to everyone who is getting up early to check out these sales with us! You make this sleepy Woot staffer a lot less lonely on a Sunday morning I promise we've got some really cool stuff in store for everyone.

You made my day. I wonder how many of these get cancelled when reality sets in?

peaceetc

I'm guessing you're west coast like me. IT'S STILL DARK OUTSIDE. More or less.

Thanks, karichar, for working on this.

justinstubb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justinstubb

Fingers crossed these come with real joycons! Come on Woot!!

riona

quality posts: 9 Private Messages riona

Cool stuff in store for us TODAY or just during the event in general? I kept checking yesterday to see if the item changed after it sold out, but that theory didn't work out.

Is a light switch with a sticker for $15 w/shipping a good deal or a rip-off (other than the laugh it may or may not bring)? I looked up light switches and unless that's a wireless switch, it appears to be a very high price to pay.

12/20/13 Backpack of Crap
6/2/14 Random Crap (Start of computers.woot)
7/11/14 Birthday Celebrations Crap and Shirt Crap
7/11/17 Birthday Celebrations Crap
10/17/17 October Crap
11/20/17 0ffice of B33ler #2 Crap
12/4/17 Cr@pv3nt 4 A11 Crap

sammydog01

justinstubb wrote:Fingers crossed these come with real joycons! Come on Woot!!

"Woot-exclusive Joy-Con cutouts"

drewcroa

quality posts: 36 Private Messages drewcroa
justinstubb wrote:Fingers crossed these come with real joycons! Come on Woot!!

I promise you just bought a light switch, a sticker, and some paperboard.

And if you have any delusion otherwise, please see the woot dime bag. Or any of the other completely honest sales, like the bag of weed

sammydog01

I even showed this to the kid who is getting the Switch for Christmas. Still couldn't help myself. He will be opening a Switch box with an exclusive DIY Switch on the 25th.

justinstubb

drewcroa wrote:I promise you just bought a light switch, a sticker, and some paperboard.

And if you have any delusion otherwise, please see the woot dime bag. Or any of the other completely honest sales, like the bag of weed

Does this look in any way shape or form like a licensed product of "Nintendo"? Does anyone think Woot, a partner with Amazon, would take on the Copyright infringement implications by throwing out this back room 3d printed light switch job?

sammydog01

justinstubb wrote:Does this look in any way shape or form like a licensed product of "Nintendo"? Does anyone think Woot, a partner with Amazon, would take on the Copyright infringement implications by throwing out this back room 3d printed light switch job?

I do.

peaceetc

justinstubb wrote:Does this look in any way shape or form like a licensed product of "Nintendo"? Does anyone think Woot, a partner with Amazon, would take on the Copyright infringement implications by throwing out this back room 3d printed light switch job?

You can buy the sticker shown on the listing (here's one on Etsy). I don't know what the cutout joy-cons are made out of, but if you look at the larger resolution versions of the images on the listing, they look flat. Pictures of actual joy-cons have shadows and a different font on the buttons.

Maybe you will get lucky, but don't be disappointed if all you get is exactly what the listing says.

justinstubb

peaceetc wrote:You can buy the sticker shown on the listing (here's one on Etsy). I don't know what the cutout joy-cons are made out of, but if you look at the larger resolution versions of the images on the listing, they look flat. Pictures of actual joy-cons have shadows and a different font on the buttons.

Maybe you will get lucky, but don't be disappointed if all you get is exactly what the listing says.

I absolutely won't be disappointed. It's a $15 gamble. My son is getting a Switch anyway, so if he opens the gag light switch first, it'll just set up the real present better in the long run.

The point I was trying to make with the Copyright comments above, was to emphasize where I thought Woot/Amazon was as a company. Yes, you can piece together stickers, 3d printed this and that from Etsy and eBay, but I felt Woot wouldn't go down that road. I'm prob wrong...

Good thing you're only allowed to buy one of these cheap knockoffs. Right?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It’s a woot DIY switch. No 3D printing required.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

justinstubb wrote:... The point I was trying to make with the Copyright comments above, was to emphasize where I thought Woot/Amazon was as a company. Yes, you can piece together stickers, 3d printed this and that from Etsy and eBay, but I felt Woot wouldn't go down that road. I'm prob wrong...

From time to time, Woot gets Cease and desist orders over a listing. They know it, but it's a risk they're willing to take for a gag that's blatantly NOT a knockoff but an obvious pun thereof -- because that's just the type of nutcases they are.

Besides, the pic shows this as a NINT()NDO SWITCH. It's totally NOT a NINTENDO SWITCH!

FWIW, the real switch can't handle flipping 15 amps of current. This can.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

justinstubb

ThunderThighs wrote:It’s a woot DIY switch. No 3D printing required.

Thanks! My little boy will love it in his room regardless. Since I didn't get a letter in this last round of crap, feel free to throw in a set of joycons if the spirit of the season hits ya.

I'd do it for you, TT!

qazxswe

quality posts: 18 Private Messages qazxswe
Narfcake wrote:"...Because that's just the type of nutcases they are."

Let the record show that you said it, and not us. :P

There is what to learn from the potato.