Back to Amazon.com

tnhillbillygal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tnhillbillygal
SylvreKat wrote:It's cheaper than what the artist was selling it for (it's sold out now, "reprint coming soon")

If I was at all into Pokemon I'd get it. I used to occasionally watch the cartoon just so I could talk with kiddos while checking out their mom's craft-stuff. But for some reason never got into it, show or game.

>'Kat

It's definitely worth it and something not too many people would have. She's a part-time wooter too. Wonder if she'll buy it...

x10

sammydog01

quality posts: 71 Private Messages sammydog01
SylvreKat wrote:It's cheaper than what the artist was selling it for (it's sold out now, "reprint coming soon")

If I was at all into Pokemon I'd get it. I used to occasionally watch the cartoon just so I could talk with kiddos while checking out their mom's craft-stuff. But for some reason never got into it, show or game.

>'Kat

Totally cool! The price is an issue though- I'm the only one still playing Pokemon in the house and it's high for a gift for myself. If only I could use a kid as an excuse...

riona

quality posts: 9 Private Messages riona

>'Kat

This may be cheaper than the first print, but I'm wondering where this print is coming from since it isn't listed on Amazon as far as I can see. I did a little research and saw that it was funded at least partially thru Kickstarter, but a lot of the investors never got the leather-bound book they were promised when sending $107 to the author! They're STILL trying to contact him to get their money back or at least the copy of the book they were promised and it's been out over a year! Does Amazon have these books in their warehouse now?

12/20/13 Backpack of Crap
6/2/14 Random Crap (Start of computers.woot)
7/11/14 Birthday Celebrations Crap and Shirt Crap
7/11/17 Birthday Celebrations Crap
10/17/17 October Crap
11/20/17 0ffice of B33ler #2 Crap
12/4/17 Cr@pv3nt 4 A11 Crap

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

>'Kat

This book is amazing. I picked them up directly from the artist when he was in town. That is why he’s sold out.

He’s such a nice young man and I’m pleased to support him with his project.

Also, this is a great price for a book this large, thick and of this quality.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

riona

ThunderThighs wrote:This book is amazing. I picked them up directly from the artist when he was in town. That is why he’s sold out.

He’s such a nice young man and I’m pleased to support him with his project.

Also, this is a great price for a book this large, thick and of this quality.

If you vouch for him TT, I'll go ahead and buy a couple. (One for myself and one for my friend's daughter.) :-)

TT, I sent you a PM the other day but you may have missed seeing it.

10/17/17 October Crap

tnhillbillygal

Aargh, I keep coming back and looking at it. Hopefully they are still around when the hubbie gets off work so he can help me decide. I keep thinking it would be a gift that she wouldn't get too many other places. Just wish I knew for sure she didn't have it. Seems like the kinda stuff she and her husband would be on the kickstarter side of things for. Ahhh, indecision.

x10

ThunderThighs

Staff

Surpringly (to me), the hard bound sold out first.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

SylvreKat

quality posts: 44 Private Messages SylvreKat
ThunderThighs wrote:Surpringly (to me), the hard bound sold out first.

Well, that makes it easy for me as that's the one I would've bought. If I was into Pokemon at all. Which I'm not.

I'm just into art books of all types, including cover artists and genre art. This would've fit right in with the library. Instead that's $35 more I have to spend at tonight's TSO concert.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

qazxswe

quality posts: 17 Private Messages qazxswe

Would possibly have bought 2 hard cover.

Not to give an age to myself, but being given Pokémon Yellow as a gift shortly after it came out quickly got me hooked.

Then I proceeded with most of the later generations.

(And once I found out you could catch Mew in Red/Blue/Yellow...)

But I don't trust my handling of the book enough to get the soft cover.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

xvolution

quality posts: 31 Private Messages xvolution
ThunderThighs wrote:Surpringly (to me), the hard bound sold out first.

Hardbound books tend to last longer than softbound ones, especially if they're given to kids.

APDWaldo6

quality posts: 24 Private Messages APDWaldo6
sammydog01 wrote:My DIY Switch came. The joy-cons are even crappier than I imagined- I might try gluing them to some cardboard. The switch is pretty nice though. Very clicky.

Got mine today. It’s a real shame they look like absolute shit. It was a great idea but nothing close to the picture they showed. It’s making me think about hacking up a real pair of joy-cons. Gotta see if I can find some broken ones on eBay.

x26x37

sammydog01

APDWaldo6 wrote:Got mine today. It’s a real shame they look like absolute shit. It was a great idea but nothing close to the picture they showed. It’s making me think about hacking up a real pair of joy-cons. Gotta see if I can find some broken ones on eBay.

I'm going to try a sharpie on the photocopies. Can't look worse.

SylvreKat

No offense, I hope today is another mass grouping of under-$20. Or a Bag. 'Cause I can't skip church just to see what comes up . And I suppose if I try checking during the sermon (when the nuts should be cracked) you go to kceH.

TT, there really is no time to reveal these that's good for all timezones, is there. During the week two zones are at work while one zone is still asleep. During Sunday there's three zones going to church. Earlier and nobody's awake. Later and everyone's at work or church. Maybe try it in the evening next year? Like around 9 pm? I know EST will be aiming for bed by then, but if I'd be willing to stay up 'til 10 then everyone should be.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

tnhillbillygal

SylvreKat wrote:No offense, I hope today is another mass grouping of under-$20. Or a Bag. 'Cause I can't skip church just to see what comes up . And I suppose if I try checking during the sermon (when the nuts should be cracked) you go to kceH.

TT, there really is no time to reveal these that's good for all timezones, is there. During the week two zones are at work while one zone is still asleep. During Sunday there's three zones going to church. Earlier and nobody's awake. Later and everyone's at work or church. Maybe try it in the evening next year? Like around 9 pm? I know EST will be aiming for bed by then, but if I'd be willing to stay up 'til 10 then everyone should be.

>'Kat

Last Sunday I was standing out on the sidewalk in front of the church to check when the deal was revealed. Luckily, our group doesn't start right on time. Today it has been snowing so church has been delayed until 2 pm so I'll be able to check from home.

x10

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

SylvreKat wrote:... TT, there really is no time to reveal these that's good for all timezones, is there. ...

Given that Wooters can get offended by anything and everything -- no, there is no "good for all timezones" time.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

APDWaldo6

quality posts: 24 Private Messages APDWaldo6
sammydog01 wrote:I'm going to try a sharpie on the photocopies. Can't look worse.

I'm gonna play around with the pic and see if we can get a good picture to download and print. I'll post it here if I work something out.

x26x37

tnhillbillygal

Tis a wee bit early today

x10

sammydog01

APDWaldo6 wrote:I'm gonna play around with the pic and see if we can get a good picture to download and print. I'll post it here if I work something out.

Thanks! It looks like they sent us a photocopy of a photocopy- I bet the original was really impressive.

sammydog01

Nice mug but it's the season to drink from the Krampus mugs I got back in May. Best mugs ever.

ThunderThighs

Staff

sammydog01 wrote:Thanks! It looks like they sent us a photocopy of a photocopy- I bet the original was really impressive.

Heh, no. It was a direct print, not even a copy.

I’ll post the original artwork later today.

ThunderThighs

Staff

https://i.imgur.com/iiwBEYB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ol0hI28.jpg

telymanbws

quality posts: 23 Private Messages telymanbws
Narfcake wrote:Given that Wooters can get offended by anything and everything -- no, there is no "good for all timezones" time.

I am so totally offended by that remark. I need to head to my Safe Place and suck my thumb for a while.

Do me a favor and PM me your true name and address so I can give it to my lawyer for the harassment lawsuit. Thanks in advance.

There is a saying about those who forget history. I don't remember what it said, but it was good.
-Stephen Colbert

x22 x14x2

ThunderThighs

Staff

Just for grins, here's the conflicts I can think of....

Waking up
Eating breakfast
Driving to work
In a meeting
At lunch
In a meeting II
Driving home
Eating dinner
Kid's bedtime
My bedtime

I'm sure there's more. And I'm pretty darn sure we'll stay with 9am.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 98 Private Messages daveinwarshington

All these stories were so sad.
If woot crapvent isn't at the correct time for you, maybe adjust your schedule, sneak a quick peek on your phone, attend the late church service, call in sick or check woot when you have the time.
My problem has been forgetting to check. If TT could text me 5 minutes before the time, I'd remember!

SylvreKat

ThunderThighs wrote:Just for grins, here's the conflicts I can think of....

Waking up
Eating breakfast
Driving to work
In a meeting
At lunch
In a meeting II
Driving home
Eating dinner
Kid's bedtime
My bedtime

I'm sure there's more. And I'm pretty darn sure we'll stay with 9am.

Love the list. Although I must point out that "at lunch" is when I get to check for woot!-things.

daveinwarshington wrote:

All these stories were so sad.
If woot crapvent isn't at the correct time ... call in sick...
My problem has been forgetting to check. If TT could text me 5 minutes before the time, I'd remember!

Hm. Somehow I get the vague feeling that if I were to call in sick for 25 days of Crapvent, I wouldn't have a job to go back to afterwards. And then I wouldn't have money to buy parC. Better not do that.

>'Kat, picturing TT mass-texting all the regulars so we get reminded to check the day's new Crapvent reveal

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

tnhillbillygal

I have to admit that I have an alarm set on my phone to remind me 5 minutes before to get to the computer. I usually remember without the alarm but it has gotten me to the pc on time a couple of times

x10

sammydog01

I volunteer at the science museum on Fridays and was assigned to the room with the bee hive last week at 10. I planned on leaving the lights off until 10:02. Nope, a mom and the cutest toddler came in at 9:58.

"Hi sweetie, sorry, the bees are gone. (refresh). They're all dead. (I want one). I dunno, global warming? (place order)."

I put my phone in my pocket and told her the nice beekeeper would bring us some new bees like he always does when we kill them. And we found four stragglers that were still buzzing.

Checked my phone- order placed.

sammydog01

Hey TT,

I bought some stuff on Crapvent day 1- the estimated delivery date is December 8 and it is showing as "preparing for shipment". I was hoping to ship out my shot glasses next week- am I out of luck?

sammydog01

How cute!

ThunderThighs

Staff

sammydog01 wrote:Hey TT,

I bought some stuff on Crapvent day 1- the estimated delivery date is December 8 and it is showing as "preparing for shipment". I was hoping to ship out my shot glasses next week- am I out of luck?

That stuff ships from Amazon warehouses so I'm not sure. They're usually pretty fast so I'd hope so.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

sammydog01 wrote:How cute!

There's nothing cute when it involves hard shell "tacos".

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

sammydog01

Narfcake wrote:There's nothing cute when it involves hard shell "tacos".

Crunchy "tacos" are the best kind of "tacos".

riona

sammydog01 wrote:Hey TT,

Sammy,
I also bought those shot glasses and am still waiting for them to ship. I emailed customer service and this is what they told me:

I understand your concern and I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

In this case, I'd request you to wait until the items get shipped and once shipped you'd be notified of it through an email. The reason for the delay is that the items are stuck in our warehouse and would be shipped out soon.

(They also sent me a coupon code for $5 off for my inconvenience, so you might want to also email them and ask about the shipment. It means I'm getting free shipping all day today since I just bought some of those fancy plug things and used the code.)

10/17/17 October Crap

nkoelsch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nkoelsch

So is the Crapvent gone today? Not seeing it on the website.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
[http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=6369386#post6369386]
[http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5833038&ref=cnt_cmty_blg_dsc]

nkoelsch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nkoelsch
nkoelsch wrote:So is the Crapvent gone today? Not seeing it on the website.

I found it after clicking on the Woot Off link.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
[http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=6369386#post6369386]
[http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5833038&ref=cnt_cmty_blg_dsc]

sammydog01

riona wrote:Sammy,
I also bought those shot glasses and am still waiting for them to ship. I emailed customer service and this is what they told me:

I understand your concern and I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

In this case, I'd request you to wait until the items get shipped and once shipped you'd be notified of it through an email. The reason for the delay is that the items are stuck in our warehouse and would be shipped out soon.

(They also sent me a coupon code for $5 off for my inconvenience, so you might want to also email them and ask about the shipment. It means I'm getting free shipping all day today since I just bought some of those fancy plug things and used the code.)

Thanks for the info. Coupons wind up costing me more so I'll just wait for my stuff to come and hope it's on time. If not I can stash it for a year.

#BlameAmazon

SylvreKat

sammydog01 wrote:How cute!

I gather from Narf's reply that you were talking about the Tacosaurus? I'll admit, I splurged for one. Mainly because I HATE when I have to lay my taco down and all the innards spill out everywhere. Plus it IS cute! Plusplus I love triceratops. They were always one of my fave dinos. That, and pterodactyls.

>'Kat, unsure which will not disappoint me more, the Tricerataco or the Bouncy of Cuteness

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

Oh. Just dawned on me--and once again I'll have no idea which box is coming first, since I zealously avoid opening those emails with Bs of C. Part of the fun for me is not knowing for sure when the box will arrive, then calling Mums every day at lunch to see if it's come.

I suppose the Tacosaurus will be in a smaller box? Or lighter?? Or...something???

Whelp, just adds more fun to the fun.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

sammydog01

ThunderThighs wrote:https://i.imgur.com/iiwBEYB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ol0hI28.jpg

Thank you! I printed it with high quality and it looked much nicer but only half of it fit on the page. I need to fix that. I hate computers.

dafrogman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages dafrogman

Edit: there it is.

Edit edit:. There it went.

x12