Back to Amazon.com

SylvreKat

quality posts: 44 Private Messages SylvreKat
digitaljanitor wrote:congrats, KatsMother

I'll make sure Mums see this, dija.

We did have fun waiting together, even if she didn't quite get all the refreshing ("Command-R, Momma." "Why? I just did that.") Meanwhile, we chatted about my work day and her bridge friend and stuff, while sort of watching PBS (Frontline--never much interested me) So even if this is her one and only, at least it was good Mums-Daughter time.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

drgandalf

quality posts: 49 Private Messages drgandalf

Woohoo! Free Crap!

I bought something earlier today so I got the free shipping, and then I used my Happy Hour coupon to cover the cost of the bag, for a grand total of free!

Woot! Thanks Woot and ThunderThighs!

AnniKat

quality posts: 19 Private Messages AnniKat
SylvreKat wrote:I'll make sure Mums see this, dija.

We did have fun waiting together, even if she didn't quite get all the refreshing ("Command-R, Momma." "Why? I just did that.") Meanwhile, we chatted about my work day and her bridge friend and stuff, while sort of watching PBS (Frontline--never much interested me) So even if this is her one and only, at least it was good Mums-Daughter time.

>'Kat

Congrats, S'Kat and KatsMother.
TT is probably happy that another first timer got a bag!

/\~/\- ))
>'x'< (( AnniKat
/ - \ _))

x24

Aviary

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aviary

Didn’t score a Bet on Cold. That was disappointing, but at least there were new and interesting things for sale during this Woot off. Great job TT for coming up with the merchandise.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Aviary wrote:Didn’t score a Bet on Cold. That was disappointing, but at least there were new and interesting things for sale during this Woot off. Great job TT for coming up with the merchandise.

Oh, I only bought a few weird things that sold. Everything else was our buyers.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

tnhillbillygal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tnhillbillygal
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh, I only bought a few weird things that sold. Everything else was our buyers.

Do the buyers get competitive about whose item sold the fastest or at the highest profit margin?

x10

bradyarz

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradyarz

6 lb shipping label created! My biggest ever crap!

blindandcynical

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blindandcynical
bradyarz wrote:6 lb shipping label created! My biggest ever crap!

I got a 6lb label created as well!

elizard369

quality posts: 23 Private Messages elizard369

Hurray! I got one last night just as I was reaching to turn off the computer! Have a 6 lb placeholder from UPS.

x12

elizard369

quality posts: 23 Private Messages elizard369
KatsMother wrote:My daughter says I'm supposed to type I got one.

Congratulations KatsMother, and welcome to the forum.

x12

mlsapack

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mlsapack

Indeed, UPS shows a 6lb placeholder, although that has shown to be pretty meaningless as to the actual weight received. May be they have a boatload of grilling planks to get rid of again though.....

x60

bachsmonopoly

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bachsmonopoly
Dearest Bet on Cold Recipient, We are a bit pressed for time this month, please assemble your own Bet on Cold confirmation email from the following template: Paragraph One: Opening joke. Upbeat congratulations. General assurance that Bet on Cold will arrive in near-ish future. Paragraph Two: Second joke. Gentle reminder that the contents of a Bet on Cold are often woefully underwhelming. Another joke. Gentle reminder to post photos of said underwhelming contents of Bet on Cold on forum at https://www.woot.com/5ii.r Paragraph Three: General closing remarks. Additional gentle reminder about the disappointment, and the forums. Thinly veiled plea for love and support disguised as self-deprecating humor. Finishing Touches: Sincerely, [insert made up name here] Post Script: Another dumb joke.

Woot

Hope I'm not the only one that takes a swing!

Dear Bachsmonopoly,

Why did the Bet on Cold cross the road? To get to the other side! Haha! Congratulations on the Bet on Cold that's crossing the road to your house! It'll reach the other side sometime soon. You know. Days. Or weeks. Have to ask the shipper.

Shipper? Hardly know her! Maybe it's better to be weeks. The more time you have to prepare for the disappointment chicken approaching, the better you'll be. Lettin' ya down easy. You know.

As you come off your disapppoinent high (low?), remember about the forum. About the pictures. About the posting them. It's vital. Chickens cry miserable chicken tears every month for the foolish fool who doesn't post. Don't be chicken tears guy. Post.

So in closing, remember the disappointment, remember the post, and remember the chickens. Your friendly reliable presenter of actual crap is counting on you.

Sincerely,
Eleanor MacGilligutty

PS.- Farts!

jimidork

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jimidork

I turned 50 last month. My doctor sent me a lovely note congratulating me on the milestone. And a vial with a stick and some liquid, with the instructions to poke my crap with the stick and mail the stick in the vial to the lab. What a time to be alive!

Oh. Not that kind of crap? Oops. I promise the pictures I post will be of Woot crap.

Pretend there are a bunch of badges here, since I never got around to ever adding any and don't even remember what teams I was on for those fun games and some crap bags besides the standard and then there's this lucky badge...

CStelz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CStelz

Yes! I scored a BitcoinOrCrap!!! Cant wait to see what comes next!

bradyarz

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradyarz
mlsapack wrote:Indeed, UPS shows a 6lb placeholder, although that has shown to be pretty meaningless as to the actual weight received. May be they have a boatload of grilling planks to get rid of again though.....

I know, I know! SHHH! let me have this! Most of my craps have been 3-4 lbs, if that.

I want to join the big league crappers!

ThunderThighs

Staff

bradyarz wrote:I know, I know! SHHH! let me have this! Most of my craps have been 3-4 lbs, if that.

I want to join the big league crappers!

It's probably a text book adding the weight.

Remember, the best you can hope for is disappointment.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

tnhillbillygal wrote:Do the buyers get competitive about whose item sold the fastest or at the highest profit margin?

No. We're all the same company. It's a great team.

EmmaLemon7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages EmmaLemon7

Got a bag out of sheer luck. Got on twitter and post was 5 seconds old.

I PROMISE I will post a pic this time! The last two bags I took a pic, but never made it on the interwebs.

davidastorm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages davidastorm

Well, that email from woot! that had the subject line "About your order" certainly created some premature disappointment. I know it's coming, but it's just the way they phrase it, like they're about to break the bad news that you're actually getting some crap. That premature disappointment never fails to disappoint.

josephcaufield

quality posts: 1 Private Messages josephcaufield

I just got the order confirmation email for my Bag of C. It was akin to a toot from my baby's bottom - a clear signal crap is in my future and I need to make an excuse to leave the house for an hour or so.

ThunderThighs

Staff

davidastorm wrote:Well, that email from woot! that had the subject line "About your order" certainly created some premature disappointment. I know it's coming, but it's just the way they phrase it, like they're about to break the bad news that you're actually getting some crap. That premature disappointment never fails to disappoint.

//evil snicker

bsmith1

quality posts: 154 Private Messages bsmith1
CStelz wrote:Yes! I scored a BitcoinOrCrap!!! Cant wait to see what comes next!

Spoiler: It's crap!

mwolfatwork

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mwolfatwork

It has been a little while since I last crapped. My wife told me last week no more craps as I don't have a good place to store all of the boxes I already have. Instead I bought a Squatty Potty to give to her and another crap for me.
Do you think she will be amused?

sdishman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sdishman

I just happened to pull up the Bet on Cold page to check some stats, and.... HEY! I GOT THE VERY LAST Bet on Cold!!!!!

qazxswe

quality posts: 17 Private Messages qazxswe
sdishman wrote:I just happened to pull up the Bet on Cold page to check some stats, and.... HEY! I GOT THE VERY LAST Bet on Cold!!!!!

Out of curiosity, at what point did this come up last night? I don't see it on the last of sales on the Sellout page in the forums.

Edit: It was the first one. Title name threw me off.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

ThunderThighs

Staff

Those Bet on Cold stats that you crave!

Can you spot the sales?

That is actually the view of the VoP. That's how many of you were waiting for your orders to go through.

Sold: 600
Canceled dupes: 2

Yes there are letters and a TT Stinker.

Why so few Bet on Colds, you ask? Two reasons...

1) We just sold a crapload of Bet on Colds in November and December. We need to catch-up, rest, etc.

2) Quite a few wooters have said that Bet on Colds are too easy to get and we're selling them all the time. Well, I can take care of that problem.

Get ready for disappointment because I think they're leaving the building today.

fripszilon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages fripszilon

Wow, only 600? That makes snagging one of these boxes even more exciting... I mean disappointing?

x10

runks7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runks7

question on the mystery Letters. are they selected at random or based of purchase you have made on the site in the past. Just curios always glad when i can snag a Blizzard of Crap :-)

Hope this time i can get to it and open it before my kids get to it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

runks7 wrote:question on the mystery Letters. are they selected at random or based of purchase you have made on the site in the past. Just curios always glad when i can snag a Blizzard of Crap :-)

Hope this time i can get to it and open it before my kids get to it.

Totally random. I'm given a stack of shipping labels and I go through them. I try to pick people from different geographical areas though.

defiantone

quality posts: 9 Private Messages defiantone
ThunderThighs wrote:

2) Quite a few wooters have said that Bet on Colds are too easy to get and we're selling them all the time. Well, I can take care of that problem.

whhhaaaaaa?? ban those wooters! i didn't get any during the last BIG event so i'm glad I got one this time 'round. maybe they think it's easy because they have the time/opportunity to monitor nonstop?

anyhoo. looking forward to my Discouraging crap!

Craps Bagged: 7x

runks7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runks7
ThunderThighs wrote:Totally random. I'm given a stack of shipping labels and I go through them. I try to pick people from different geographical areas though.

Good to know thank you

peaceetc

quality posts: 73 Private Messages peaceetc
ThunderThighs wrote:2) Quite a few wooters have said that Bet on Colds are too easy to get and we're selling them all the time. Well, I can take care of that problem.

Excuse me while I laugh.

Whooo... feels good to laugh, doesn't it?

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

peaceetc

quality posts: 73 Private Messages peaceetc
RebelTaz wrote:Well, sure you are... YOU got a freaking letter

No, I got a fricking letter. I think for it to qualify as freaking it would've had to have been a pallet.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

letsgoski

quality posts: 5 Private Messages letsgoski
ThunderThighs wrote:It's probably a text book adding the weight.

Remember, the best you can hope for is disappointment.

I've actually seen some photos of Bet on Colds with textbooks that my students are currently using!

AnniKat

quality posts: 19 Private Messages AnniKat
defiantone wrote:whhhaaaaaa?? ban those wooters! i didn't get any during the last BIG event so i'm glad I got one this time 'round. maybe they think it's easy because they have the time/opportunity to monitor nonstop?

anyhoo. looking forward to my Discouraging crap!

What he said.

/\~/\- ))
>'x'< (( AnniKat
/ - \ _))

x24

locokoko

quality posts: 4 Private Messages locokoko
ThunderThighs wrote:Totally random. I'm given a stack of shipping labels and I go through them. I try to pick people from different geographical areas though.

*cough*NORTHERNCALIFORNIA*cough*

x7

lance6270

quality posts: 45 Private Messages lance6270

Well I managed to not get a Bet on Cold this go round, however my titles were used for them

x40
x2

SylvreKat

lance6270 wrote:Well I managed to not get a Bet on Cold this go round, however my titles were used for them

Hey, be sure to add the Namer icon to your sig line! And congrats on at least being part of the crap-fest, although condolences on missing Snagging.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

Btb, I forwarded y'alles' welcomes to the Momma. She asked me to thank you for her. She's not like me, doesn't get forums or the whole posting online. I've tried to explain it's rather like her and Millie talking every Tues for an hour (at least).

I haven't warned her that she's gonna have to post once her Box arrives. I'll have to do the photo stuff, but I'll make her at least dictate.

Then again, she's 88, so I'm just glad she uses her iPad as much as she does. She even correctly used "Google" as a verb to me! She'd heard that a bridge-player had died, so went online and Googled his name and found the obit--all while I was at work! She might be resistant, but she's slowly learning.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 53 Private Messages digitaljanitor
ThunderThighs wrote:

That is actually the view of the VoP. That's how many of you were waiting for your orders to go through.

Sold: 600
Canceled dupes: 2

VoP was unkind to me all three times

What if there were no hypothetical questions?