ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

note2001 wrote:Hard coded as in "Hard to find the code that displays that"? LOL

We found it. Now we have to change it.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

srhodig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srhodig

While I'm happy that my return will be accepted, I got an email from Customer Service stating that "as a one-time exception" they will accept a return since my item isn't damaged/defective/incorrect. Are the Customer Service agents not trained on the new return policy yet?

elvisabeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elvisabeth

Jeeez, it's about time. Your return policy sucked.

ThunderThighs

Staff

srhodig wrote:While I'm happy that my return will be accepted, I got an email from Customer Service stating that "as a one-time exception" they will accept a return since my item isn't damaged/defective/incorrect. Are the Customer Service agents not trained on the new return policy yet?

Oh, probably need to update the standard blurbs.

elvisabeth wrote:Jeeez, it's about time. Your return policy sucked.

Tell us how you really feel.

Yeah, they did. They were charming 13+ years ago, I guess.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 96 Private Messages daveinwarshington

rondelp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rondelp

About time you caught up with your parents. Bravo. Was considering not using Woot anymore because of former return policy.

srhodig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srhodig

I'm really confused now! I just got what seems to be a personalized reply (as opposed to the previous canned one) saying they had reviewed the previous correspondence from today and that the new return policy was temporary and expired January 31st. Since my request was after thst time that's why an exception was made. Again, not exactly complaining...just wanting to make the process go smoother for those after me.

ThunderThighs

Staff

srhodig wrote:I'm really confused now! I just got what seems to be a personalized reply (as opposed to the previous canned one) saying they had reviewed the previous correspondence from today and that the new return policy was temporary and expired January 31st. Since my request was after thst time that's why an exception was made. Again, not exactly complaining...just wanting to make the process go smoother for those after me.

Bear with us as we work through this change. We had a holiday return policy that ended on Jan 31 and then this started.

I’ll ping CS.

ariellem

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ariellem

Hooray!!! Really glad to hear this about your t-shirts in particular, as they are what we've had the most trouble with* on an ongoing basis. I was up to about a dozen Woot shirts in "the gift box" that I'd ordered for myself or one of my kids but which didn't fit the correct person - and often were too small to fit any of us - or for which we didn't like the material. Think I'm under half a dozen now. They're great graphics but we never know which ones will fit because of the changes in material, vendors, and cuts.

* Plus the occasional cheapo electronic item, like some battery-powered emergency flashers for cars; most of those fell apart the first time I handled them, but they were ages ago.

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
11/16: first Bunker of Catalogs in the past few years!

Narfcake

quality posts: 392 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

ariellem wrote: ... They're great graphics but we never know which ones will fit because of the changes in material, vendors, and cuts. ...

Sizing charts! Shirt.woot has them on every shirt's page.

The t-shirts have almost been exclusively 100% cotton.

ETA: I have had times in which the first CS rep didn't understand the issue; replying back has always cleared it up, however.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

nmumark

quality posts: 17 Private Messages nmumark

One step closer to prime working on woot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

nmumark wrote:One step closer to prime working on woot.

dreamer.

bitserve

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bitserve
ariellem wrote:Hooray!!! Really glad to hear this about your t-shirts in particular, as they are what we've had the most trouble with* on an ongoing basis. I was up to about a dozen Woot shirts in "the gift box" that I'd ordered for myself or one of my kids but which didn't fit the correct person - and often were too small to fit any of us - or for which we didn't like the material. Think I'm under half a dozen now. They're great graphics but we never know which ones will fit because of the changes in material, vendors, and cuts.

I had this same problem. I had ordered like 50 woot t-shirts for myself, and then shirt 51 was the bazinga shirt. It was so small that I couldn't even get an arm in. Woot just pointed me to the sizing charts. I could never get past their automated messages and get someone to turn their brain on to see that it was an actual defective shirt or they sent me a woman's or kid's large. I stopped buying shirts after that, but my wife recently bought me one for christmas.

aaee

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aaee
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry to burst that bubble but we're not Amazon's clearance site. We have our own buyers and we purchase from vendors just like they do.

Except for Flash stuff. That's Amazon's leftover crap but we pick and choose to sell that. They don't force us to sell it.

Leftover crap

ThunderThighs

Staff

aaee wrote:Leftover crap

Catilina517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Catilina517

Good start. Now get rid of the $5 shipping, please!

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn
Catilina517 wrote:Good start. Now get rid of the $5 shipping, please!

LOL

Someday our children will wonder what S/H charges are.

Of course by that time they will be spending 40% of their take-home pay on "connectivity fees" and "entertainment packages"

:snort:

But all-in-all, I too, think Woot needs to offer free shipping. It's about time y'all moved into the competitive sales space.

Pick a darn direction will you?

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

therealjrn wrote:LOL

Someday our children will wonder what S/H charges are. ...

If you pay $$$ a year, you get "free" shipping!

(So says the guy who has free shipping programs from three different companies but doesn't take full advantage of it.)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn
Narfcake wrote:If you pay $$$ a year, you get "free" shipping!

(So says the guy who has free shipping programs from three different companies but doesn't take full advantage of it.)

Yeah, you're right. It isn't really "free" is it? I only subscribe to free shipping at two companies...I must be a slacker.

tjsynkral

quality posts: 16 Private Messages tjsynkral

"If you are not satisfied with your purchase or size of the item, return it in new and unworn condition in the original packaging"

So how would I know a clothing item is an unsatisfactory size unless I removed it from the package and wore it long enough to notice?

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

therealjrn wrote:Yeah, you're right. It isn't really "free" is it? I only subscribe to free shipping at two companies...I must be a slacker.

Some way, shape, or form, that shipping has to be paid for, whether it's rolled into the product's margins, compensated via a subscription, or a mix thereof.

Unless you care for cute shirts (or plushies) almost all the time, the third one probably won't be of interest to you.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tjsynkral wrote:"If you are not satisfied with your purchase or size of the item, return it in new and unworn condition in the original packaging"

So how would I know a clothing item is an unsatisfactory size unless I removed it from the package and wore it long enough to notice?

It didn't say unopened, just unworn.

peaceetc

quality posts: 68 Private Messages peaceetc
ThunderThighs wrote:dreamer.

You laugh but I know I'd buy more often if I didn't have to worry about shipping charges.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER.

ThunderThighs

Staff

peaceetc wrote:You laugh but I know I'd buy more often if I didn't have to worry about shipping charges.

People say they miss the old woot. We should go back to $5 per item.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:People say they miss the old woot. We should go back to $5 per item.

But there was only one item to buy!

I Miss the Old Woot

/s

(I joined Woot well after they were solely one item per day.)