Back to Amazon.com

firemet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firemet
ydurguner wrote:not one of those. You just need to make sure you follow the guideline.

check to see my review for better details:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1MWOCD6GXTCPJ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01HHVLDQO

once you buy it:
full charge the batteries on both remote and the drone.

make sure you calibrate the drone in an open space with no mobile phone or any other interference.

after calibration you will be good to go.

before you fly, make sure you have enough GPS/Satellite connection for both drone and the control station.

then you will be good to go.

I have used almost all the features, wizard takes time and practice to get used to it.

station controller has a lot of settings and options, I definitely advise you to practice a lot before you fly it away or take it to the high altitude.

these drones are commercial type of drone that they have lots of features and settings as well they are sensitive. for example of sensitivity, do not fly by or close by high voltage power lines, it will interfere your remote controller and drone connectivity, i have had some experience so just tellin you.

if you crash by that reason, they will not cover or honor the warranty because everything said in the manual you should and shouldn't do.

both drone and controller stations keeps every flight record and mapping track, from coordinates to each command or button you push from drone to control station and control station to drone.

they will see where you had the crash, and they can tell from the coordinates where crash happened if there are power lines, airport or homes or buildings may cause interference.

Based on this I'm OUT. Seems like the warranty where if you ride a dirt bike off road the warranty is void.

ydurguner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ydurguner
tobyboy11 wrote:Nice videos!

Thanks 👍

ydurguner

firemet wrote:Based on this I'm OUT. Seems like the warranty where if you ride a dirt bike off road the warranty is void.

Yup, there is always some fine print 👍

springz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages springz

This is BS. Order canceled no reason why! Has anyone else had this happen? I think it’s a lot of BS when they tell you you ordered it confirmed your order and then tell you three days later that the order is canceled.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

springz wrote:This is BS. Order canceled no reason why! Has anyone else had this happen? I think it’s a lot of BS when they tell you you ordered it confirmed your order and then tell you three days later that the order is canceled.

I'm sorry for the frustration. It looks like there was something wrong with the shipping address. Let me talk with CS.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

schmaltzy82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schmaltzy82

Just a heads up for anyone who ordered the PRO with RealSense. I just received mine and there was only ONE battery in the case. I didn't receive two batteries like the specs said I should have. I new OEM battery goes for $100.....

ThunderThighs

Staff

schmaltzy82 wrote:Just a heads up for anyone who ordered the PRO with RealSense. I just received mine and there was only ONE battery in the case. I didn't receive two batteries like the specs said I should have. I new OEM battery goes for $100.....

Argh. The vendor said they checked every unit.

Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

schmaltzy82

ThunderThighs wrote:Argh. The vendor said they checked every unit.

Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

Just did and they replied to my email extremely fast. They offered to provide a partial refund and I could keep the Typhoon H or a full refund and return the unit. I opted for the partial refund.

Thank you for the quick and great customer service!

ydurguner

schmaltzy82 wrote:Just did and they replied to my email extremely fast. They offered to provide a partial refund and I could keep the Typhoon H or a full refund and return the unit. I opted for the partial refund.

Thank you for the quick and great customer service!

Hell of a deal, Woot's customer service tho, can't beat that quickness and problem solving skills.

Enjoy the drone, make sure you charge batteries full, controller station I would suggest you leave it on charge at least 24hr since it has lion battery not lipo, best way to start.

calibrate everything in an open space where no structures, power lines and wifi signals. then you are safe to go! if you are first timer, watch lots of videos and do low altitude short distance flights in a wide open space. learn it well then take it to higher distance.

if not using smart flight option, watch out coz that thing is pretty fast and quick! you will hit something before you know it. light and soft short touches to the sticks on controller are the best for first timers, that way you learn how sensitive are they and the response time etc... good luck

schmaltzy82

ydurguner wrote:Hell of a deal, Woot's customer service tho, can't beat that quickness and problem solving skills.

Enjoy the drone, make sure you charge batteries full, controller station I would suggest you leave it on charge at least 24hr since it has lion battery not lipo, best way to start.

calibrate everything in an open space where no structures, power lines and wifi signals. then you are safe to go! if you are first timer, watch lots of videos and do low altitude short distance flights in a wide open space. learn it well then take it to higher distance.

if not using smart flight option, watch out coz that thing is pretty fast and quick! you will hit something before you know it. light and soft short touches to the sticks on controller are the best for first timers, that way you learn how sensitive are they and the response time etc... good luck

Thanks for the info ydurguner!

Couldn't agree more on the Woot customer service. I've had an issue with two recent purchases, neither of which were Woot's fault, but when I emailed them about it I had a response in under 30 minutes along with a favorable resolution.

As for the flying info, I'm not new to drones. I have 2 acro/racing drones I built and have flown for about 2 years. I've flown a little with a camera/video drone but this will be my first full time video/camera drone.

With the batteries, I have a nice LiPo balance charger. I bought an adapter for the H batteries so I could use it with my charger. That should help sustain longer life with the batteries since I'll be able to put them in storage mode in lieu of keeping them fully charge all the time.

But again, thanks for the info!

ydurguner

schmaltzy82 wrote:Thanks for the info ydurguner!

Couldn't agree more on the Woot customer service. I've had an issue with two recent purchases, neither of which were Woot's fault, but when I emailed them about it I had a response in under 30 minutes along with a favorable resolution.

As for the flying info, I'm not new to drones. I have 2 acro/racing drones I built and have flown for about 2 years. I've flown a little with a camera/video drone but this will be my first full time video/camera drone.

With the batteries, I have a nice LiPo balance charger. I bought an adapter for the H batteries so I could use it with my charger. That should help sustain longer life with the batteries since I'll be able to put them in storage mode in lieu of keeping them fully charge all the time.

But again, thanks for the info!

anytime, you are very welcome! share some videos, would love to see some footage from different parts of the country. you can link under my videos if you would comment.👍👍👍

schmaltzy82

ydurguner wrote:anytime, you are very welcome! share some videos, would love to see some footage from different parts of the country. you can link under my videos if you would comment.👍👍👍

Here's a quick one I put together from my first weekend with the Q500 4K.

https://youtu.be/lMuoaixm0Rw

OMFA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OMFA

UUGGHHH... only one battery and the memory card has the Q500 instructions on it. I also probably received the incorrect bag as well, but that is not a huge deal... Battery from Yuneec is $140

Long time wooter, Many, Many Big o' Cosmos!!! Just gotta have SKILZ!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

OMFA wrote:UUGGHHH... only one battery and the memory card has the Q500 instructions on it. I also probably received the incorrect bag as well, but that is not a huge deal... Battery from Yuneec is $140

I'm very sorry. Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

We'll ask the vendor to send you the missing items.

OMFA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OMFA
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm very sorry. Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

We'll ask the vendor to send you the missing items.

Unfortunately mine is also defective. It immediately goes into 5 motor - safety mode as soon as you try to take off and the controller goes crazy until you shut it down. I only tried a dry run (no props) but that shouldn't have any impact on the performance of the motors.

Long time wooter, Many, Many Big o' Cosmos!!! Just gotta have SKILZ!!!

Tsael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tsael
OMFA wrote:Unfortunately mine is also defective. It immediately goes into 5 motor - safety mode as soon as you try to take off and the controller goes crazy until you shut it down. I only tried a dry run (no props) but that shouldn't have any impact on the performance of the motors.

Actually, the Typhoon H automatically goes into 5-rotor mode if you try to throttle up without the props. Source: https://yuneecpilots.com/threads/typhoon-h-first-steps-faulty-motor.7299/

Put on props and if you still get the error after throttling up then there could be actual problems. That being said, I would not recommend throttling up in a home under any circumstances. Mine easily jumped six feet, and I was easing the throttle like molasses. Also, be prepared to compensate for drift upon lift-off, as the two times I've put it up in a gymnasium it's immediately started moving laterally in some direction. Still working on determining if that's proximity to the remote (though it was in angle mode) or if there's interference/trim that needs adjusting.

schmaltzy82

Just an update on what I received, or didn't receive.

- Missing 1 battery (suppose to come with 2)
- Missing the micro SD card
- 2 props have about an inch busted off one end and 1 looks like the end was run through a hamburger grinder
- battery charging base!

That last one a big one....obviously. At least I have a LiPo charger I have for other drone batteries and with and, with an adapter, it will work with this one.

Not happy......

ThunderThighs

Staff

schmaltzy82 wrote:Just an update on what I received, or didn't receive.

- Missing 1 battery (suppose to come with 2)
- Missing the micro SD card
- 2 props have about an inch busted off one end and 1 looks like the end was run through a hamburger grinder
- battery charging base!

That last one a big one....obviously. At least I have a LiPo charger I have for other drone batteries and with and, with an adapter, it will work with this one.

Not happy......

I'm very sorry. Get that list to CS and they'll request them from the vendor.

please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

schmaltzy82

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm very sorry. Get that list to CS and they'll request them from the vendor.

please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

Really? Cause I contacted Woot CS and they told me I can return the item, which I don't want to do. They didn't say anything about them trying to get those pieces from Yuneec.

ThunderThighs

Staff

schmaltzy82 wrote:Really? Cause I contacted Woot CS and they told me I can return the item, which I don't want to do. They didn't say anything about them trying to get those pieces from Yuneec.

Let me get in touch with CS.

PS: you should be hearing from CS soon if not already.

schmaltzy82

ThunderThighs wrote:Let me get in touch with CS.

PS: you should be hearing from CS soon if not already.

I did. Thank you.