Back to Amazon.com

Nargg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Nargg

Not interested. What I may be interested in is a Woot where the price incremented up slightly on every purchase. That'd be interesting.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dandadominator wrote:Is there a limit on each order, per person?

I mean, I assume just one.

Yes, one per person.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

Nargg wrote:Not interested. What I may be interested in is a Woot where the price incremented up slightly on every purchase. That'd be interesting.

Baby steps.

This isn’t really a reply. I just really like the sound of babies walking.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

SylvreKat

quality posts: 45 Private Messages SylvreKat
wajeremy wrote:... that is still a "Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler" price (completely unredeemable cred points for whoever catches the reference).

Seriously? Nobody got this reference?

Throat Dibbler is from at least one Discworld novel (and I think more than one). A merchant that's very well known for saying something like "I'll sell it so cheap I'll be cutting me own throat." Something like that.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

quality posts: 45 Private Messages SylvreKat

Meanwhile, my complaint (which again, I'm surprised nobody else voiced this)--you do realize that many folks work at 3pm CT. And can't check computers at work because, well, work.

So much as I'd totally lurve to be on the shenanigans, I'm leper outcast unclean (and cred points back for catching THAT ref!) with this game.

Have fun, y'alles. And maybe the Mums can Snag a Bag again.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

kairy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kairy
dwaynesr wrote:Sure it's a good deal! Like the teaser email I received to open this site, that I have unsubscribed from. So instead of coming up with this scam, why don't you just put them at a sale price?

Were you not hugged enough as a child or what??? Are you new to this site? Woot actually DOES honor these crazy deals and I have gotten them mult times, so please stop with your hate mongering and go find something productive to do with all your built up unused energy like handing out food at a soup kitchen, then maybe you'll stop b**ching about getting a pair of Raybans for 1.00! #FristWorldProblems

X7X1

mossygreen

quality posts: 83 Private Messages mossygreen
peaceetc wrote:TIME TRUCK.

Aw. Now I am sad.

mossygreen

quality posts: 83 Private Messages mossygreen
digitaljanitor wrote:How Many Shitloads Are In A F*ckton? Google Has The Answer
Anna Walters, 1 year ago 0 2 min read 0
Ines Vuckovic/Dose
Because I need a precise unit of measure for how many tacos I ate last night.

When I was first learning units of measure in elementary school, our teacher had us build a measurement man out of construction paper. He looked something like this:

As I grew up, I often thought of measurement man when baking or grocery shopping for liquids. He did not come in handy, however, when I needed to figure out more…nuanced units. Like what does it mean when my friend says she has a “shitload of work to do”? And how does that compare to my sister’s “f*ckton of student loans”? Alas, my construction-paper pal had no answers for me.

So I turned to the internet, where a Reddit post on r/shittyaskscience offered this complete breakdown, from a delicate little buttload all the way to a big fat Beep-boop-bip-do-beepton:

buttload * 10 = 1 butt ton
butt ton * 10 = 1 assload
assload * 10 = 1 asston
asston * 10 = 1 shitload
shitload * 10 = 1 shitton
shitton * 10 = 1 f*ckload
f*ckload * 10 = 1 f*ckton

I know what you’re thinking: “This doesn’t make any sense to me! I’m from the UK!” Have no fear, commenter DiggSucksNow clarified for users of the metric system:

10 shitloads per metric f*ckton. In English measurements, it’s about 66/7 shitloads per f*ckton. Most people prefer to use metric.

If you’re not familiar with this conversion system, there’s no need to be embarrassed. Only teenage boys read reddit. Luckily, this very important info has been brought to the masses thanks to our old pal Google. If you search for “f*ckton” or “define f*ckton” in Google’s search bar, you’ll see something like this:

I give you Beep-boop-bip-do-beepton of Cats from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

swaltzwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swaltzwoot

According to https://sport.woot.com/plus/wtf-pricing-rayban-chromance?ref=w_gh_sp_6_wp_4 , the sale starts Thursday, May 10 at 3pm CST. Does Wootland have year-round standard time? Has Woot finally given up the ghost on daylight saving time?

flatlandr

quality posts: 9 Private Messages flatlandr

Ha ha ha Like I'm going to hang here for your stupid freakn deals.
Meh!

mr

Sophrosyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sophrosyn
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, one per person.

With regard to the bot situation. I'm a programmer, and it seems to me that if you keep a log of all attempts to purchase the glasses, then implement a security measure like a captcha to actually complete the purchase, say within 15 minutes, that would severely limit the number of hackers who would be able to complete the purchase using individualized accounts with separate valid credit cards etc. You could automate an email to every "successful" purchaser's address asking the buyer to complete the captcha, and any failure within the timeframe automatically generates an email to the next person logged. Or something like that.

Stumpy91

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Stumpy91
rjoerger0 wrote:So I will be doing an over under increasing the odds every 10 minutes that bots will buy everything, absolutely everything, and ruin the fun for all.

Like the above post said, you could always try to use Captcha to prevent the bots and some real people from buying. ;D

• 100 total wOOts! including
  • 10/17/17 Crap
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bet on Colds
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

michaeltherrien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaeltherrien
swaltzwoot wrote:According to https://sport.woot.com/plus/wtf-pricing-rayban-chromance?ref=w_gh_sp_6_wp_4 , the sale starts Thursday, May 10 at 3pm CST. Does Wootland have year-round standard time? Has Woot finally given up the ghost on daylight saving time?

Haha, good eye! I assume that it's simply a typo. But if it isn't, 3PM CST that'd be 2PM CDT, right?

mdeath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdeath
peaceetc wrote:Why is it dishonest? The $99 price is still a good deal and this whole price climb thing is clearly explained.

What an utter load of b.s that answer and this b.s. is. If bait and switch looked at this it would think it was looking in the mirror. this is really beneath you guys.

maryte

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maryte

Any idea what the model number is?

maryte

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maryte
maryte wrote:Any idea what the model number is?

Edit: Looks like this one: https://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/RB4275CH%20MALE%20003-rb4275%20chromance-black/8053672726510?category_Id=393609

deanerino1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deanerino1

This is not a bait and switch, but nice try everyone. Did you even try to find the definition of a bait and switch? Don't worry, I Google'd it for you lazy wannabe millennials; "the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods." -Google

They aren't substituting with an inferior product, nor are they substituting with a more expensive good, they are clearly selling a limited quantity, then raising the price. There is no product substitution happening here. (the definitely would have consulted their lawyers whom are smarter than all of us)

Woot is trying to do a good thing here. Let's cover the basics of their attempts
1. a good deal for their customers
2. have some fun by changing the normal process of creating a "SALE" where the retailer is still making an exorbitant amount of money.
3. not listen to you all b*tch about your entitlements and how you want them to change their business model to fit your life.
4. solve the problem of bots purchasing the items vs. who-mans

Personally, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to buy some overpriced, monopolized, luxottica branded sunglasses... expecting that they likely won't fit my thin and tall head. Maybe I'll get them for a buck or $20, but $99 is still above my sunglasses budget.

P.S. for those of you looking at this as a bait and switch, or asking for a normal "deal," go ahead and shop the site around 5pm CST. They'll be a normal deal for you then, [mod: you were doing good until that last word]

mdrcoast

quality posts: 63 Private Messages mdrcoast

And this is a test. Nothing more, no shady tactics, just a test of a new way of marketing. Either it will work or it won't. I will be in meetings all day so can't join the click-fest but good luck to all that do!

michaeltherrien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaeltherrien
mdeath wrote:What an utter load of b.s that answer and this b.s. is. If bait and switch looked at this it would think it was looking in the mirror. this is really beneath you guys.

There's no deception in providing everything in explicit detail if the consumer is literate. I assume since you're responding in text, that you can read and write.

You're not buying something at a mystery price... the prices are set for each 10 minute sale. If you don't want them for $99, don't click the button when it says $99... try when it says $20... better yet, try when it says $1!

I'm sure, from a business model, you can understand (if the sunglasses cost $20 wholesale) that losing $29 on a few items, breaking even on a bunch (whilst gaining hype), still profits $79 on a shitload of items.

Either way - regardless of what you say, and of what you do - Bezos will still collect all of our pennies, even if they're not yours.

oconmem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oconmem

This is stupid, would be better to auction.
I refuse to be Woots Captain Phasma. I'll be your monkey, not your Captain Phasma. ;)

araczynski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages araczynski

Nice concept. $1 is about all that I'd pay for the sunglasses. Wouldn't care if they're signed by El Presidente himself.

JDSardone

quality posts: 25 Private Messages JDSardone
Nargg wrote:Not interested. What I may be interested in is a Woot where the price incremented up slightly on every purchase. That'd be interesting.

Actually incrementing down would kinda be cool.
Like they list for 99$ and that would be the price for a certain threshold "x" pairs of glasses, once they sold more than "x" everyone get them for 89$... sold more than "2x", 79$... down to some amount where selling a bunch is still profitable for woot but still a really good deal for the wooters. You could even give incentive for buying early, say an extra dollar or two off for every threshold after you purchased to make it better to buy early.
Example Mortimer orders while price is $99, Monte buys at $79, when the sale ends, three thresholds have passed so final price is $69. But since Mortimer ordered early, he gets credit for the three thresholds and his price is $63 ($2 per threshold) Monte gets credit for one threshold and his price is $67.

EvilUrgency

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EvilUrgency
BeerDrinker1104 wrote:So what model/style of Ray-Ban Chromance sunglasses are we trying to score? Also, will we have a choice in color?

Exactly! How do I know if I even want to pursue this "deal" when I can't get any details on the product.

I guess it really doesn't matter bots are going to get them all anyway.

deanerino1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deanerino1
deanerino1 wrote:This is not a bait and switch, but nice try everyone. Did you even try to find the definition of a bait and switch? Don't worry, I Google'd it for you lazy wannabe millennials; "the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods." -Google

They aren't substituting with an inferior product, nor are they substituting with a more expensive good, they are clearly selling a limited quantity, then raising the price. There is no product substitution happening here. (the definitely would have consulted their lawyers whom are smarter than all of us)

Woot is trying to do a good thing here. Let's cover the basics of their attempts
1. a good deal for their customers
2. have some fun by changing the normal process of creating a "SALE" where the retailer is still making an exorbitant amount of money.
3. not listen to you all b*tch about your entitlements and how you want them to change their business model to fit your life.
4. solve the problem of bots purchasing the items vs. who-mans

Personally, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to buy some overpriced, monopolized, luxottica branded sunglasses... expecting that they likely won't fit my thin and tall head. Maybe I'll get them for a buck or $20, but $99 is still above my sunglasses budget.

P.S. for those of you looking at this as a bait and switch, or asking for a normal "deal," go ahead and shop the site around 5pm CST. They'll be a normal deal for you then, [mod: you were doing good until that last word]

Mod, good point. Got a little 'too into' into the post. Apologies.

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

jaymanmsu wrote:3:00 PM CT then 1:10 PM CT?

Is this time travel, waiting 22 hours, or a typo?

TIME TRUCK!!!!!

watch out for Time Truck Pizza though..

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

epinardianguardian

quality posts: 7 Private Messages epinardianguardian
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, we've broken the secret of time travel. You'll need to travel back.

Or we'll fix the blog and it will happen every 10 minutes.

One of those is true.

TIME TRUCK

I miss Time Truck.

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

not thinking clearly enough to read this yet...

I will return!!!

epinardianguardian

cklun wrote:TIME TRUCK!!!!!

watch out for Time Truck Pizza though..

Ha! Beat me by a minute

I miss Time Truck.

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

epinardianguardian wrote:TIME TRUCK

did Time Truck travel back in time to you to show you my comment above ???

epinardianguardian

peaceetc wrote:TIME TRUCK.

The legend will never die.

I miss Time Truck.

epinardianguardian

cklun wrote:did Time Truck travel back in time to you to show you my comment above ???

Time Truck went backward in forward time to send me a time text.

I miss Time Truck.

sompopo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sompopo

Sounds like another Nintendo scheme

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

epinardianguardian wrote:Time Truck went backward in forward time to send me a time text.

OF COURSE!!!

Time Truck is brilliant...

bsmith1

quality posts: 156 Private Messages bsmith1
deanerino1 wrote:This is not a bait and switch, but nice try everyone. ...

Well, they ARE baiting people with a crazy low price to get them to show up and wait in line. They're not even listing the potential odds of getting an item at that price. (how many available)
The "switch" happens when most people realize they'll realistically have to pay either $20 or $50 to actually get the item.
While it's not textbook bait 'n' switch, it's the same approach of seeing a low price advertised in the paper then finding a higher price once you get to the store. By the time the customer gets there, they've already had their heart set on getting the item, so they're sorta coerced into buying it at the higher price so they don't come away empty handed after wasting their time.
That said, I'll give it a shot not expecting to even see the $1 item before it sells out. I MAY pay $20 for the item, but I certainly won't do $50.

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

daveinwarshington wrote:Stop the bots?
Darn it. I almost had my bot ready to go...

hehehe

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:I beg to disagree.

The sale will start at the $1 price and then it will sell out when the available inventory is bought.That is, the sale will end.

10 minutes later, a second sale will start at the $20 price and then it will sell out when the available inventory is bought. That is, the sale will end.

There's no way for you to accidentally purchase at a different price.

TT

YOU NEVER EVER NEED TO BEG!!!

Loving this idea!!!

modi123

quality posts: 22 Private Messages modi123

Woah..woah..woah. Pump the brakes here. I think you are missing a super awesome option: "answer my riddles three" pricing.

*explosion*
*mind blown*

Now stick with me on this one.. have a database of.. I don't know.. half a million questions, riddles, math problems, vocab, or what ever.

Based on the difficulty of the three questions, correct answers, and time to answer. Chuck that information into a simple formula to determine the discount price for that specific person.

It would be hilarious. Also keep everyone's aggregated scores on a big board.

The theory being... have you ever said/heard someone say "That person is too dumb to do X"? THIS HELPS ENACT THAT! Fail hard enough and you don't even get a discount because you won't be able to buy the item.

Flippity flop.. I'm a genius!

Betta koix16(2017)

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

mossygreen wrote:Aw. Now I am sad.

we all are mossy...

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

this is so simple!

sunglasses go up for $1.00.

try to snag them, or don't!

didn't get them?

in 10 minutes they will go up again but cost more.

didn't get them?

in 10 minutes they will go up again but cost more.

the end

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

PM and Marketing: Hey, Woot’s all about fun and doing weird stuff that’s not supposed to work to make shopping more of an experience. Why don’t we mess with pricing a bit to make things less mundane than search and buy?
Wajeremy: Sounds fun. But let’s experiment with a few different things to see what customers enjoy.
PM and Marketing: Hey we’ve got this great idea. Let’s start with a little more than a handful but less than a bushel of a cool product at $1. Then let’s bring up the pricing the more is bought! Could be fun!
Wajeremy: Sure, lets try it. Just make sure we can stop the bots so people don’t get pissed off, and also make sure we don’t completely crash and burn again under the load.
(Woot people furiously work fast to make it as fun as possible without needing too much developer time as they’re busy with something something database).
PM and Marketing: There! This is fun right!

Many Wooters: Yay! This seems fun! Imma try and get me some cheap shades.
Some Wooters: THE BOTS ARE COMING!
Other Wooters: SHAMELESS MARKETING!
Curmudgeonly Wooters: It’s a bait and switch!
Helpful Wooters: Try doing this idea next time to make it funner, better, hire Yoshimi to battle the pink bots, etc.
Quiet Wooters: Heck, not for me, but others might enjoy it.

PM and Marketing: WTF (Weird Thing Freakout) just happened?
Wajeremy: The internet, my friends. The internet happened.

Have fun today everyone!

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar