skispeakeasy

quality posts: 61 Private Messages skispeakeasy
acraigl wrote:I friggin' got one!!!!

My hat is off to you sir. I got to the vestibule, but no farther.

drewcroa

quality posts: 35 Private Messages drewcroa
DJBBG wrote:Uninstallz the bait an screw u app !!

Out of curiosity, how exactly did the app screw you? I have some loose door hinges and seem to have misplaced my Phillips head screwdriver, could you let me know it would be helpful.

K thnx

DJBBG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJBBG
drewcroa wrote:Out of curiosity, how exactly did the app screw you? I have some loose door hinges and seem to have misplaced my Phillips head screwdriver, could you let me know it would be helpful.

K thnx

It spun and spun and when it finally loaded they were sold out. I was waiting for that thing to drop.

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13
johare1 wrote:This is one case where I think a negative review in the App store is more than warranted since it was clearly a ploy to get more people to download the App. Pretty much even bragged that WAY more people downloaded the App than they had available units for.

Yes and should be uninstalled immediately.

Silly Rabbit......

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13
johare1 wrote:Seriously Woot....if your goal was to disappoint (and piss off) your customers right before the holidays, congratulations...you succeeded. If you had anything else in mind...fail.

Yup they had to bait people into downloading their app because its the only way to bump up their numbers in the app store.

Silly Rabbit......

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

This thread is saltier than the Dead Sea

drewcroa

Darksoul13 wrote:Yup they had to bait people into downloading their app because its the only way to bump up their numbers in the app store.

Yup, totally. Didn't have anything at all to do with getting people excited, downloading the app, and poking around at the different sales available while the wait for the main event. Not at all, they just wanted bump there numbers in the app store and make people angry.

pablo906

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pablo906

This deal went to 11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

Sheep Go To Heaven
Goats Go To Hell

APDWaldo6

quality posts: 23 Private Messages APDWaldo6

It would be funny if these were the Chinese knock offs that look like the real thing but all have the same serial number. Hey acraigl could you post your serial number when you get it?

x15x37

acraigl

quality posts: 212 Private Messages acraigl
APDWaldo6 wrote:It would be funny if these were the Chinese knock offs that look like the real thing but all have the same serial number. Hey acraigl could you post your serial number when you get it?

Sure? I mean I'm sure they're authentic, I would be surprised if otherwise.

BUY! >>

mc5no4stp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mc5no4stp

I got one and as soon as it processed, the site crashed. Just beat the clock.

(x7) (x49)

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn

Does everybody know that @acraigl got one yet?

drewcroa

therealjrn wrote:Does everybody know that @acraigl got one yet?

No shit? Wtg acraigl, I hadn't seen that.

riknik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages riknik

Staff

acraigl wrote:Sure? I mean I'm sure they're authentic, I would be surprised if otherwise.

We literally had someone in the warehouse find them and confirm that they were real. Not satisfied with just knowing that the box looked legit, we had them open one and see what was inside.

We've done everything we possibly can to make sure they're authentic.

therealjrn

riknik wrote:We literally had someone in the warehouse find them and confirm that they were real. Not satisfied with just knowing that the box looked legit, we had them open one and see what was inside.

I think you need to send one to an impartial, third-party to evaluate.
Like me.

riknik

Staff

therealjrn wrote:I think you need to send one to an impartial, third-party to evaluate.
Like me.

The list of Woot employees that have volunteered to do a long term take-home evaluation is also quite long.

Narfcake

quality posts: 392 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

riknik wrote:The list of Woot employees that have volunteered to do a long term take-home evaluation is also quite long.

Volmods have priority over paid employees on account that they have more volunteering experience already.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

gigantor1313

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gigantor1313

There is a silver lining for those that actually want one to own and play instead of buying it to flip for the holiday season. And that is they are making more next year. If you really feel pissed off about this action, then vote with your wallet. It's the only way to get companies to understand that you're not going to do business with them anymore. Be patient and wait until the Spring and pick one of the 2nd gen models. I watched this deal and got the server crash error at 6:00 pm and got sold out by 6:04 pm.
I'm guessing that they didn't have many and were trying to create buzz by having such a wanted product via their app. Since then, I've deleted that app and realize that on scarce items like this it's not worth my time and effort.

acraigl

quality posts: 212 Private Messages acraigl
therealjrn wrote:Does everybody know that @acraigl got one yet?

Apologies if my excitement got the better of me.

BUY! >>

therealjrn

acraigl wrote:Apologies if my excitement got the better of me.

Your ifpology is accepted.

BonoMan

quality posts: 14 Private Messages BonoMan
riknik wrote:We literally had someone in the warehouse find them and confirm that they were real. Not satisfied with just knowing that the box looked legit, we had them open one and see what was inside.

Now I'm interested to know how you got them. It seems like Woot/Amazon would not actually have to open one in the warehouse to confirm they're real... because I assume they're dealing with reputable sources or, you know, Nintendo itself.

Were these purchased from a third party that was offloading a bunch (that they maybe had piled up to scalp or something)?

Not throwin' shade or anything. Just genuinely curious.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster

Disclosure: I did not download the app and had zero interest in the NES.

As far as I can tell, there was never a promise of everyone getting a limited item.

What I find amazing is how resentful people are about participating in a promotional marketing campaign.

You elected to download the app. It cost you nothing.

You had an opportunity to score an item not offered on the main site.

They limited the purchase to one to reduce hoarding/whoring.

I understand there are many folks who are disappointed, but...

Am I missing something?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

bsmith1

quality posts: 150 Private Messages bsmith1
olcubmaster wrote:
You elected to download the app. It cost you nothing.

It cost data to download.
It cost time to set up an account and try to purchase.
It cost the frustration of the futile fight against server crashes.
It cost the sadness of being inferior to those who were able to purchase it.
It cost prescription drugs to deal with the depression.
It cost me my marriage.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Congrats to those that got one. For those untrusting soles, I guarantee we had way more than one. Way more than 10 but not enough for everyone in America that wanted one.

Same as everywhere else with this console, demand was greater than the supply.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

riknik

Staff

BonoMan wrote:Now I'm interested to know how you got them. It seems like Woot/Amazon would not actually have to open one in the warehouse to confirm they're real... because I assume they're dealing with reputable sources or, you know, Nintendo itself.

Were these purchased from a third party that was offloading a bunch (that they maybe had piled up to scalp or something)?

Not throwin' shade or anything. Just genuinely curious.

Don't worry about shade, you can be sure that wajeremy throws enough that we've all got a thick skin.

There wasn't any concern about the source, it was just a matter of "Heeeey... everyone on the planet with an internet connection wants one of these, let's be super-super-double-confirmed-secret-handshake sure that those that manage to get one don't end up with a really nasty surprise."

APDWaldo6

riknik wrote:Don't worry about shade, you can be sure that wajeremy throws enough that we've all got a thick skin.

There wasn't any concern about the source, it was just a matter of "Heeeey... everyone on the planet with an internet connection wants one of these, let's be super-super-double-confirmed-secret-handshake sure that those that manage to get one don't end up with a really nasty surprise."

Simple to check if they have different serial numbers then they should be genuine. But if you just found them in your warehouse you should know when and where they came from and the good knock offs didn’t happen till about 5-6 months ago.

x15x37

therealjrn

APDWaldo6 wrote:Simple to check if they have different serial numbers then they should be genuine. But if you just found them in your warehouse you should know when and where they came from and the good knock offs didn’t happen till about 5-6 months ago.

You mean the same warehouse that just recently stumbled across an 85 pound giant Ken Jennings head?

riknik

Staff

therealjrn wrote:You mean the same warehouse that just recently stumbled across an 85 pound giant Ken Jennings head?

You'd be surprised how many 85-pound heads we had to sift through to find these.

APDWaldo6

Here is some pics of the hidef nes on my new 70" TV

Link is just about 2&1/2 inches tall

Small mario is about 2" tall

And big Mario is about 4&1/2

x15x37

nonnahs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nonnahs

I just received mine today! So excited. I will not be reselling. I have two young special needs sons and I played this in high school years ago! So shocked we got one! Thank you, Woot. We are members since 2007 when my first son was born and now he is 10 and excited to play!

psuchad

quality posts: 10 Private Messages psuchad
ThunderThighs wrote:Congrats to those that got one. For those untrusting soles, I guarantee we had way more than one. Way more than 10 but not enough for everyone in America that wanted one.

Same as everywhere else with this console, demand was greater than the supply.

I'd like to see some server stats for this sale compared to the typical Big ol' Cornucopia spike. Do you even have that information or did the fire destroy the evidence?

x31x1 x1

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

psuchad wrote:I'd like to see some server stats for this sale compared to the typical Big ol' Cornucopia spike. Do you even have that information or did the fire destroy the evidence?

We captured this graph:

Same spike but wider.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items