mylionmaker


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mylionmaker

Prime shipping is awesome! Thanks!

So, let's see, I reckon you had to fix the underwater and break-even shirt prices ($7 / $8) before announcing Prime shipping. You were probably losing at least buck or two on many shirt orders once labor, artist payments, packaging and shipping were taken into account.

Lots of other products cost way more than five bucks to package and ship.

Thin margins, tons of pressure to turn a profit, competing with thousands of Amazon sellers and dozens of clearance sites, Wooters hunting furiously to find low prices -- I hope Prime shipping gives you a good bump in membership and sales.

Good luck and thanks for selling me a bunch of crap. I'll be back for more.

wajeremy


quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

mylionmaker wrote:Prime shipping is awesome! Thanks!

So, let's see, I reckon you had to fix the underwater and break-even shirt prices ($7 / $8) before announcing Prime shipping. You were probably losing at least buck or two on many shirt orders once labor, artist payments, packaging and shipping were taken into account.

Lots of other products cost way more than five bucks to package and ship.

Thin margins, tons of pressure to turn a profit, competing with thousands of Amazon sellers and dozens of clearance sites, Wooters hunting furiously to find low prices -- I hope Prime shipping gives you a good bump in membership and sales.

Good luck and thanks for selling me a bunch of crap. I'll be back for more.



Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

bsmith1


quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1
mylionmaker wrote:...
Lots of other products cost way more than five bucks to package and ship.



Cheapest thing on woot right now is $4.99. I'm waiting to test the free shipping on the first item less than $2. I'll by 3 separate orders to see if they are shipped together or separate boxes. For science!

digitaljanitor


quality posts: 52 Private Messages digitaljanitor
bsmith1 wrote:Cheapest thing on woot right now is $4.99. I'm waiting to test the free shipping on the first item less than $2. I'll by 3 separate orders to see if they are shipped together or separate boxes. For science!



I don't have Amazon Prime, so I can only imagine. . .

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

f00l


quality posts: 2 Private Messages f00l

Does it show somewhere under "my account" that my woot account is or is not linked to an Amazon account?

Looked for that (on mobile site). But did not see that info.

Thx.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:Cheapest thing on woot right now is $4.99. I'm waiting to test the free shipping on the first item less than $2. I'll by 3 separate orders to see if they are shipped together or separate boxes. For science!


Amazon has tons of warehouses which means things can ship from different warehouses.

Interesting test but not fully though out.



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

peaceetc


quality posts: 71 Private Messages peaceetc
f00l wrote:Does it show somewhere under "my account" that my woot account is or is not linked to an Amazon account?

Looked for that (on mobile site). But did not see that info.

Thx.


I don't know about the mobile site but if you use the Amazon login on the regular site it shows the Amazon Prime graphic under 'your account' right next to your username.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017).

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

f00l wrote:Does it show somewhere under "my account" that my woot account is or is not linked to an Amazon account?

Looked for that (on mobile site). But did not see that info.

Thx.


Yes, it shows it next to your username in YOUR ACCOUNT. I just confirmed this on the app as well.



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

f00l


quality posts: 2 Private Messages f00l
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, it shows it next to your username in YOUR ACCOUNT. I just confirmed this on the app as well.



Ok. At first the "Prime status" didn't show up on the app. But I logged in and out a bunch, and now it does show up.

I had to log in with Amazon to see it. But it shows my woot.com account email, not my Amazon email. So I guess all good.

Again thx.

Thx.

Woody1


quality posts: 33 Private Messages Woody1

Just to be clear, since I have been waiting much longer for free shipping, does "expedited" shipping mean PRIME shipping as in you will send your pallets of junk to Amazon Warehouses for me to buy or does that mean instead of buying something this month I can expect it to arrive before Christmas now vs. New Years?

It's a fair question given the crazy amount of stuff I've bought. I still have my lemonaider and mystery boxes (Dell) unopened next to my Roomba spares. And don't even ask about the Sansas (what was I thinking?) They are like Bed Bugs around here.

900+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't🤔

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Woody1 wrote:Just to be clear, since I have been waiting much longer for free shipping, does "expedited" shipping mean PRIME shipping as in you will send your pallets of junk to Amazon Warehouses for me to buy or does that mean instead of buying something this month I can expect it to arrive before Christmas now vs. New Years?

It's a fair question given the crazy amount of stuff I've bought. I still have my lemonaider and mystery boxes (Dell) unopened next to my Roomba spares. And don't even ask about the Sansas (what was I thinking?) They are like Bed Bugs around here.


We offer FREE shipping to Amazon Prime members. Same speed but free. Shirt gets expedited shipping for US addresses.

I will say that our shipping speeds have improved dramatically over the last year and continue to do so.



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

therealjrn


quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn
ThunderThighs wrote:And a bidet in every household!!!


I lovelovelove my bidets! They make my hiney shiney!

EggRollinz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages EggRollinz

I'm a Canadian Prime member and this really bites, happy to see only $10 shipping but with the price increase it should still be free. Will deducting $10 on orders over $100 really bankrupt you? If so you're doing it wrong and everyone who made the decision should be wearing this tee every day for the rest of their career at woot =D
https://shirt.woot.com/offers/youre-doing-it-wrong


So, I still won't be buying anything until either you accept Canadian Prime or make shipping free. I'm fine with $15-19 but shipping better be free, unless you have changed your shirts quality (no longer Gildan/Anvil/AA) to match that of Turtles quality.

bsmith1


quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1
therealjrn wrote:I lovelovelove my bidets! They make my hiney shiney!



Pics or it didn't happen

therealjrn


quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn
bsmith1 wrote:Pics or it didn't happen


LOL In this one, very isolated case, you'll just have to take my word on it. I even got one for the office down by the pool.

They were a major upgrade in my life. No kidding.

peaceetc


quality posts: 71 Private Messages peaceetc
f00l wrote:Ok. At first the "Prime status" didn't show up on the app. But I logged in and out a bunch, and now it does show up.

I had to log in with Amazon to see it. But it shows my woot.com account email, not my Amazon email. So I guess all good.

Again thx.

Thx.


Right, it only works when you use the Amazon login.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017).

RebelTaz


quality posts: 41 Private Messages RebelTaz

Awesome! But I will still login with my Woot account when trying to get a BravoOscarCharlie. Too many issues with the Amazon login to be reliable enough for that time sensitive mission (don't remember what those were, but I know they existed or I wouldn't have switched back to the Woot login).

x50x2x2
... ...
--------------------------------
Until Woot Gets a "Notify" Option For New Forum Replies, You Might As Well Just Message Me!

thechocoholic


quality posts: 1 Private Messages thechocoholic
ThunderThighs wrote:

I will say that our shipping speeds have improved dramatically over the last year and continue to do so.



I was surprised at the speed of my last few orders, thanks! Excited about the free shipping.

Dplus11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dplus11

Discouraging....

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Dplus11 wrote:Discouraging....


Say what? Care to elaborate?



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

sisterm0m


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sisterm0m

Free shipping for Prime members is not working for me. I logged in through Amazon and my shopping cart still says $5 shipping.

wyk3d


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wyk3d

Sweet, I sometimes want more amazon warehouse offers and this change essentially makes you guys amazon warehouse jr.


ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sisterm0m wrote:Free shipping for Prime members is not working for me. I logged in through Amazon and my shopping cart still says $5 shipping.


I see prime status on your account. It will show the usual $5 for a couple seconds until it loads your Amazon customer information. Then it will switch to Free shipping.

Just checked your order and there's no shipping charge.



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

fuzzbox


quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzbox
wajeremy wrote:Not in the near future. There’s a bucket ton of weird integration and inter-company stuff to make all the funds transfer and accounting stuff work right, but there’s also weird regulatory issues with gift cards particularly. We will keep trying to find a way, but probably not possible in the near term.



I guess that's a good and a bad thing. I appreciate the shipping changes, but would love to be able to spend my amazon credit here too. But maybe it's better that I don't, if I want to have any left.

wolf693575


quality posts: 6 Private Messages wolf693575

Yay

x33
1st WOOT Dec 5, 2006

lichme


quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme

Question:

During woot-offs, historically there has been a "buy a thing, unlock free shipping for the duration of the woot-off" promo. Will this still exist for non-prime members during the woot-off? (I know it's never a guarantee, but offer it enough and it becomes expected)

If so, previously the Blizzard of Crap purchase unlocked shipping for the day. With the change in crap structure, will users have to buy a non crap (or shirt item for that matter) in order to unlock free shipping?

I haz prime, just asking out of curiosity.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

digitaljanitor


quality posts: 52 Private Messages digitaljanitor
lichme wrote:Question:

During woot-offs, historically there has been a "buy a thing, unlock free shipping for the duration of the woot-off" promo. Will this still exist for non-prime members during the woot-off? (I know it's never a guarantee, but offer it enough and it becomes expected)

If so, previously the Blizzard of Crap purchase unlocked shipping for the day. With the change in crap structure, will users have to buy a non crap (or shirt item for that matter) in order to unlock free shipping?

I haz prime, just asking out of curiosity.



Thank you for asking in my behalf, Lichme!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

scuac


quality posts: 4 Private Messages scuac
acraigl wrote:I can't use paypal anymore.



You’re welcome

x8 (+8 denied) x2

watthfukev29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages watthfukev29

logged in with my Prime acct and it did not add the prime to my woot acct. WTF now I have to wait who knows how in the fck long for a reply from cs. For an amazon company this one is pretty Amateurish !

therealjrn


quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn
watthblizzardev29 wrote:logged in with my Prime acct and it did not add the prime to my woot acct. WTF now I have to wait who knows how in the fck long for a reply from cs. For an amazon company this one is pretty Amateurish !


It's not Prime shipping, it's just free shipping. Additionally, the log-in you're using to post today doesn't appear to have any purchases associated with it.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

watthblizzardev29 wrote:logged in with my Prime acct and it did not add the prime to my woot acct. WTF now I have to wait who knows how in the fck long for a reply from cs. For an amazon company this one is pretty Amateurish !


Your account is showing Amazon Prime. You can see this on YOUR ACCOUNT.

There was no shipping charge on your order.

Now, about that language and attitude....



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I'm starting to think that woot now has free shipping for Prime members...

therealjrn


quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn
daveinwarshington wrote:I'm starting to think that woot now has free shipping for Prime members...


Whaaaaaaat?

dhugs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhugs

I'm a long time Prime member...I logged in to my account with Amazon to purchase a Lenovo laptop...Woot charged me shipping...really? I hope the final charge on my card is minus the 5 bucks! The money is not a big deal, it's the idea that they advertise FREE... Free is Free in my experience, but not on Woot apparently.

robio


quality posts: 49 Private Messages robio
sriramk2387 wrote:Login with your Amazon account that has prime, and on "Do you have a Woot account?" page, enter your Woot! account credentials. That should be all you need to do if you don't have that Amazon account linked already to a different Woot! account.



Done and done! Thx!

robio


quality posts: 49 Private Messages robio

The whole being-forced-to-accept-third-party-cookies thing in the shopping cart is less than ideal. Surely you can do better than that.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dhugs wrote:I'm a long time Prime member...I logged in to my account with Amazon to purchase a Lenovo laptop...Woot charged me shipping...really? I hope the final charge on my card is minus the 5 bucks! The money is not a big deal, it's the idea that they advertise FREE... Free is Free in my experience, but not on Woot apparently.


Hi there. Your account isn't showing a connection to an Amazon account.

Could you try again and follow the directions in the first post of this thread, pls.



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

odaz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages odaz

I was excited when I heard about this. Rushed over to buy some shirts, then saw the price is now $15 for a shirt. Now i need to cry for a little bit while pondering what to do next.

pitzerwm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pitzerwm

This a bunch of crap. Woot says, that I can have my prime shipping, but there is no way to sync the accounts and Woot says Amazon has to do it and Amazon says that Woot has to do it. Been getting screwed for years.

William M. Pitzer

wajeremy


quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

pitzerwm wrote:This a bunch of crap. Woot says, that I can have my prime shipping, but there is no way to sync the accounts and Woot says Amazon has to do it and Amazon says that Woot has to do it. Been getting screwed for years.



I replied to you over here. Not sure how you’re being screwed, we definitely want you to use your Prime benefits or we wouldn’t have worked our monkey tails off for months to develop the functionality to provide it!

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar