edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada
pooflady wrote:Ed, check the weather channel. It's unbelievable what Erie got and is going to get. I didn't know Erie is one of the snowiest cities in the country.

Pretty amazing. I was talking to my daughter today. She lives in Conneaut, OH. I also talked to my best friend in Erie. He's drives for a living and has for more than 40 years and has lived in Erie all of his life. He wasn't overly excited about it, kind of like, Yeah we got a bit of snow.

My dogs like me, that is important.

pooflady

quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady
edlada wrote:Pretty amazing. I was talking to my daughter today. She lives in Conneaut, OH. I also talked to my best friend in Erie. He's drives for a living and has for more than 40 years and has lived in Erie all of his life. He wasn't overly excited about it, kind of like, Yeah we got a bit of snow.

Your friend's putting you on. 51 inches in a day is not a "bit."

I think my guardian angel drinks.

edlada

pooflady wrote:Your friend's putting you on. 51 inches in a day is not a "bit."

I have known him since I was one year old. That's the way he talks, real understated. I haven't seen or heard him get overly excited about anything for years. It's just not in his nature, he's very mellow. He is more like my brother than my twin brother is to me. We're buds to the max. Not too many people can claim they have had a friend for more than 60 years.

pooflady

edlada wrote:I have known him since I was one year old. That's the way he talks, real understated. I haven't seen or heard him get overly excited about anything for years. It's just not in his nature, he's very mellow. He is more like my brother than my twin brother is to me. We're buds to the max. Not too many people can claim they have had a friend for more than 60 years.

You're very lucky.
Just heard from my sister again, she said it's coming down hard. Still.

edlada

pooflady wrote:You're very lucky.
Just heard from my sister again, she said it's coming down hard. Still.

My friend and I are similar in some ways and different in other ways. We never really discussed it but we just stay away from discussing topics that many people fight over. I think that's one reason we've been friends for so long. I've had many jobs, and moved all over the world, my friend has stayed in Erie all of his life and worked the same job since finishing high school. I introduced him to his wife and they have been married now for more than 35 years now. No matter where I am, I know I can count on him and he knows he can count on me. If he called tomorrow and said he needed help, I would be on a plane, no questions asked.

When I talked to my daughter yesterday, I told her maybe she should tie helium balloons on a long string to her 2 dogs so when they go outside she can find them in the snow.

edlada

Well, I killed the pub but good. I'm sorry.

Happy New Year everybody!

pooflady

edlada wrote:Well, I killed the pub but good. I'm sorry.

Happy New Year everybody!

Looks like it's just you and me, Ed. Happy New Year. Really, really cold here, single digits. We haven't had it above freezing since the 24th and it's not in sight.

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

Happy New Years Eve, PWA's!

Looking for good things in 2018.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE FEW REMAINING PWA HOLDOUTS!

Anyone seen no1?

mbspell

quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
pooflady wrote:Looks like it's just you and me, Ed. Happy New Year. Really, really cold here, single digits. We haven't had it above freezing since the 24th and it's not in sight.

similar here.

they had to cancel some of the first night festivities due to the low temps.

happy new year all! we usually stay in anyway. too crowded and expensive to go out. might go out for a drink close by in the next hour, but that's about it.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE FEW REMAINING PWA HOLDOUTS!

Anyone seen no1?

Not for about a month.

And happy New Year to you, too.

hot72chev

mbspell wrote:similar here.

they had to cancel some of the first night festivities due to the low temps.

happy new year all! we usually stay in anyway. too crowded and expensive to go out. might go out for a drink close by in the next hour, but that's about it.

One local "Ball Drop" was moved to 11:00 PM...what? That's not New Years! How much colder is it going to be in one hour? Duh.

x12

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:One local "Ball Drop" was moved to 11:00 PM...what? That's not New Years! How much colder is it going to be in one hour? Duh.

That was pretty ridiculous. It was 2 when I got up this morning. Now it's 9 with a wind chill of -3. It's only supposed to go up to 11 today. I'm going nowhere.

I read yesterday where in Bethlehem, PA, they drop a 400 pound Peep. Odd.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:That was pretty ridiculous. It was 2 when I got up this morning. Now it's 9 with a wind chill of -3. It's only supposed to go up to 11 today. I'm going nowhere.

I read yesterday where in Bethlehem, PA, they drop a 400 pound Peep. Odd.

I love Peeps, would love to see that!

Now the locals are saying that the 11:00 PM ball drop was done as "Solidarity for Puerto Rico Hurricane victims." Hmmm.

We do not have a big Puerto Rican population here, still doesn't make sense. I think no one showed up and they all wanted to go home.

x12

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:I love Peeps, would love to see that!

Now the locals are saying that the 11:00 PM ball drop was done as "Solidarity for Puerto Rico Hurricane victims." Hmmm.

We do not have a big Puerto Rican population here, still doesn't make sense. I think no one showed up and they all wanted to go home.

LOL - I think you're right. They were looking for any excuse.

edlada

pooflady wrote:LOL - I think you're right. They were looking for any excuse.

I have no excuse for being here. I just am. Poof, you an I appear to be the holdouts, the relics fro the glory days of PWA. Sigh. Oh and Happy New Year Everybody.

pooflady

edlada wrote:I have no excuse for being here. I just am. Poof, you an I appear to be the holdouts, the relics fro the glory days of PWA. Sigh. Oh and Happy New Year Everybody.

Hot72chev shows up frequently. Occasionally Moles. I really miss No1, not just here but in other places, too. This thread (at least for me) is going to be more of a "what I've done or noticed today" place. I don't do gifs.

So currently the temperature is a big fat zero and it's supposed to go to -6 later.

Husband and I usually have brandy alexanders sometime over the holidays and tonight was the night. Yummy.

edlada

pooflady wrote:Hot72chev shows up frequently. Occasionally Moles. I really miss No1, not just here but in other places, too. This thread (at least for me) is going to be more of a "what I've done or noticed today" place. I don't do gifs.

So currently the temperature is a big fat zero and it's supposed to go to -6 later.

Husband and I usually have brandy alexanders sometime over the holidays and tonight was the night. Yummy.

Cheers!

pooflady

-6 earlier this morning. Now it's 1, feels like -11. Decided not to go out today, it's supposed to be in the 20s tomorrow. Heat wave.

moles1138

hot72chev wrote:One local "Ball Drop" was moved to 11:00 PM...what? That's not New Years! How much colder is it going to be in one hour? Duh.

At our First Night they do one for the kids at 9 plus fireworks.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:At our First Night they do one for the kids at 9 plus fireworks.

That's a good idea.

hot72chev

Seriously, where is no1?

Do y'all think he's ok?

x12

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Seriously, where is no1?

Do y'all think he's ok?

We know that he saw a post on FB on Dec. 6th, but it had already been a while since he had posted. So seems to me, it's deliberate.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:We know that he saw a post on FB on Dec. 6th, but it had already been a while since he had posted. So seems to me, it's deliberate.

aw, that stinks. I always enjoyed his, er, interesting perspective on things.

hot72chev

mbspell wrote:aw, that stinks. I always enjoyed his, er, interesting perspective on things.

I know! Loved his sense of humor.

Miss you lots, no1, wherever you are!

x12

edlada

I hope he didn't bend over in the shower to pick up his soap.

pooflady

edlada wrote:I hope he didn't bend over in the shower to pick up his soap.

Yeah, he might have met Bubba.

edlada

pooflady wrote:Yeah, he might have met Bubba.

Kind of gives new meaning to the term, "Thirty days in the hole", doesn't it.

I didn't just violate some community standard there, did I? I was just taking up the slack for our missing member.

moles1138

edlada wrote:Kind of gives new meaning to the term, "Thirty days in the hole", doesn't it.

I didn't just violate some community standard there, did I? I was just taking up the slack for our missing member.

missing member

hot72chev

edlada wrote:Kind of gives new meaning to the term, "Thirty days in the hole", doesn't it.

We have "community standards"?

x12

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:We have "community standards"?

No one told me.

edlada

moles1138 wrote:missing member

And I was being subtle there but you caught it. ;)

moles1138

edlada wrote:And I was being subtle there but you caught it. ;)

My inner 13 year old is never too far away.

edlada

Hey, I'm freezing my butt off here. It went down to 28 tonight!

mbspell

after 13 days below 32 degrees (most of them below 20 degrees), it's supposed to reach the mid 30's tomorrow!! woo hoo

if it really gets close to 50 later this week I know I'll see more than one weirdo in shorts.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:after 13 days below 32 degrees (most of them below 20 degrees), it's supposed to reach the mid 30's tomorrow!! woo hoo

if it really gets close to 50 later this week I know I'll see more than one weirdo in shorts.

We're supposed to be at 61 on Thursday, but then back to winter again.

moles1138

Stupid weather...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

moles1138 wrote:Stupid weather...

Have you tried WTForecast? It's a bit more interesting.

We had Seattle-level fog this morning.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

pooflady

It was 45* and sunny this afternoon with no wind. Sat on the deck and got my 15 minutes plus of sunshine. Felt really, really good. It's not going to last.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:It was 45* and sunny this afternoon with no wind. Sat on the deck and got my 15 minutes plus of sunshine. Felt really, really good. It's not going to last.

it was low-mid 40's here, too. I missed most of it at work, but it was 36 when I went in this morning and it felt wonderful!!