Back to Amazon.com

pooflady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages pooflady
edlada wrote:As a fraternal twin myself, I have to say I wasn't to happy with the experience growing up. I talk to my brother a few times a year at best. He is my brother, I will do anything for him but that doesn't mean I have to like him a lot. My sister is 7 years older and she and I have a very close relationship. My daughters twins are a boy and a girl, I think because they are opposite sex, they have a chance of growing up and having a good relationship.

A few tips if you meet twins. I understand for some reason people are fascinated by twins. Please don't ask stupid questions, such as who is smarter, who is stronger, who is older, etc. It may sound interesting to you but we have heard that all our lives and it really doesn't matter who is what. People don's ask those questions of normal siblings. No, we don't look alike because we are fraternal twins. We are siblings like any others that just happened to share the uterus at the same time and be born a few minutes apart. That didn't impart any special powers on us. And last but not least, I hate being referred to as "one of the twins". I am me, I am an individual and I have a separate identity. So yeah, I think I would have been much happier if I wasn't a twin. Talking to other fraternal twins, I find my experience isn't unusual, many of them don't get along with their twin. Identical twins are usually very close because they are genetically almost the same.

Having said all that I can't wait to see my grandchildren and I hope they get along with each other and have a great life.

So that is the perspective of a fraternal twin.

That's really interesting, most of it would never have occurred to me. Thanks for sharing.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell
edlada wrote:As a fraternal twin myself, I have to say I wasn't to happy with the experience growing up. I talk to my brother a few times a year at best. He is my brother, I will do anything for him but that doesn't mean I have to like him a lot. My sister is 7 years older and she and I have a very close relationship. My daughters twins are a boy and a girl, I think because they are opposite sex, they have a chance of growing up and having a good relationship.

A few tips if you meet twins. I understand for some reason people are fascinated by twins. Please don't ask stupid questions, such as who is smarter, who is stronger, who is older, etc. It may sound interesting to you but we have heard that all our lives and it really doesn't matter who is what. People don's ask those questions of normal siblings. No, we don't look alike because we are fraternal twins. We are siblings like any others that just happened to share the uterus at the same time and be born a few minutes apart. That didn't impart any special powers on us. And last but not least, I hate being referred to as "one of the twins". I am me, I am an individual and I have a separate identity. So yeah, I think I would have been much happier if I wasn't a twin. Talking to other fraternal twins, I find my experience isn't unusual, many of them don't get along with their twin. Identical twins are usually very close because they are genetically almost the same.

Having said all that I can't wait to see my grandchildren and I hope they get along with each other and have a great life.

So that is the perspective of a fraternal twin.

and I always thought it would have been fun to be a twin!

I do have friends who are twins (identical) and don't remember ever asking them any twin questions. my sister and I (not twins, 18 mo apart) are SO different. I would have hated people assuming we were alike if we had been twins.

thanks for your perspective.

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada

Speaking of twins:

Reese and William arrived a few hours ago. My sister has a son, my brother 3 sons, all but one are married. My daughter, at 26 is the 2nd youngest of them. I have the first grandchildren in the family.

Sorry mbspell, they decided no to wait for your birthtday.

My dogs like me, that is important.

pooflady

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS, ED, THEY'RE DARLING. AND CONGRATULATIONS TO DAUGHTER.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

CONGRATS ED!

edlada

Thanks, I have to humbly admit they are the most perfect babies ever! I am, to put it mildly, quite happy and excited about it all.

mbspell

edlada wrote:Speaking of twins:

Reese and William arrived a few hours ago. My sister has a son, my brother 3 sons, all but one are married. My daughter, at 26 is the 2nd youngest of them. I have the first grandchildren in the family.

Sorry mbspell, they decided no to wait for your birthtday.

they didn't even wait for Feb!! congrats Ed, they're gorgeous. what a fun visit you're going to have

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

YAY, BABIES!

So many congrats, Ed! They are beautiful and precious!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington

WOW! Congrats, Ed.
Those two babies are obviously the most perfect and wonderful babies I've ever seen!!
So Cool!

edlada

Talk about cute!

pooflady

edlada wrote:Talk about cute!

Agree.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Congrats, Ed! They're definitely cuties!

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

dontwantaname

quality posts: 15 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

So cute! Since you have an extra, can I borrow one? I only need an hour a day of rocking chair action. I'm safe. I swear!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

edlada

dontwantaname wrote:So cute! Since you have an extra, can I borrow one? I only need an hour a day of rocking chair action. I'm safe. I swear!

You are going to have to ask their mother. I'll be lucky if she will trust me with them, as if I never held a baby before. Well, OK, she'll probably trust me. She did mention she doesn't want people kissing them, especially during this flu season. So don't get the flu, and no face kisses. Got it?

edlada

ThunderThighs wrote:Congrats, Ed! They're definitely cuties!

Thanks!

edlada

hot72chev wrote:YAY, BABIES!

So many congrats, Ed! They are beautiful and precious!

Thanks Hot72chev.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

edlada wrote:You are going to have to ask their mother. I'll be lucky if she will trust me with them, as if I never held a baby before. Well, OK, she'll probably trust me. She did mention she doesn't want people kissing them, especially during this flu season. So don't get the flu, and no face kisses. Got it?

lol, I brought home hospital gowns for visitors to wear holding my first kid.
Then when they got older I saw really little kids being held by their moms, waiting for their big brother or sister to get out of kindergarten. Weeks old! Never heard of one of them getting sick and going to the hospital.

First babies? I don't stand a chance.

Well, I really like short stretches with toddlers too. Maybe she'll loosen up with them by then! After an hour or two I remember why I didn't have more kids. I can bring my own books!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Enjoy them!

I agree, no seeing the babies if there is any chance of having the flu.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Pretty sure I won't be buying the current Woot! Anybody here?

hot72chev

BUMP

Hey y'all

It's snowing. We have about an inch on the ground. Supposed to change to ice, then rain. Tomorrow morning's commute should be fun.

x12

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:BUMP

Hey y'all

It's snowing. We have about an inch on the ground. Supposed to change to ice, then rain. Tomorrow morning's commute should be fun.

It's in the upper 30s here. We were supposed to have snow, but it was barely there.

Oldest son took me to a comedy concert last night. Well, I bought the tickets and asked him to take me. Husband's not interested. I much prefer comedy to music, although even though I've only seen about four musical ones, the quality was pretty high. Beach Boys when they were young, Garth Brooks, the BEATLES. The comedian last night was Kathleen Madigan. Second time I've seen her. Have seen Leno twice, Foxworthy, Carlin, Jeff Dunham, Jeanne Robertson.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:It's in the upper 30s here. We were supposed to have snow, but it was barely there.

Oldest son took me to a comedy concert last night. Well, I bought the tickets and asked him to take me. Husband's not interested. I much prefer comedy to music, although even though I've only seen about four musical ones, the quality was pretty high. Beach Boys when they were young, Garth Brooks, the BEATLES. The comedian last night was Kathleen Madigan. Second time I've seen her. Have seen Leno twice, Foxworthy, Carlin, Jeff Dunham, Jeanne Robertson.

That sounds like fun! I did music concerts when I was young, but I can't handle the crowd BS nowadays.

I do love stand up comedy, though. Saw Carlin about 25 years ago - terrific!

x12

moles1138

hot72chev wrote:That sounds like fun! I did music concerts when I was young, but I can't handle the crowd BS nowadays.

I do love stand up comedy, though. Saw Carlin about 25 years ago - terrific!

Years ago I used to go to comedy clubs. Been a long time.
But I do still go to concerts. I average a little more than one a month last year. None yet this year but I'll see 2 (maybe 3) in April.
I think I have one more to go and I'll have been to 200 since my first in 1979. Not counting local acts/friends which I never kept track of.

pooflady

I was expecting more baby pics.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:I was expecting more baby pics.

When is Ed's visit? Soon?

x12

edlada

hot72chev wrote:When is Ed's visit? Soon?

I am coming in the beginning of May. And I will be there until the end of June. Here are a couple pictures of the babies, they are doing well.

Reese

Will

mbspell

aw, thank you for the new photos. they are absolutely gorgeous!

pooflady

edlada wrote:I am coming in the beginning of May. And I will be there until the end of June. Here are a couple pictures of the babies, they are doing well.

Reese

Will

Awwwwww. Precious.

mbspell

just popping in to say I had a lovely birthday weekend that takes some of the sting out of being another year older.

even the weather cooperated - over 50 degrees here in Boston. rained all day today, but I'm not complaining.

moles1138

Just thought I'd let my fellow PWA that I will be going under the knife today at 2ET. I've got a herniated disc between L3 and L4 vertebrae that is pushing on the left nerve root since Jan. 19. There is intense pain running down my left leg that we have been managing with meds...that I'm off pre-op. Couldn't sleep in this morning. The leg pain will go away immediately. There is also numbness and partial paralysis that will go away but the numbness could remain for weeks or even months (that is normal). It's difficult going up steps sometimes. Looking forward to the relief.
See you on the other side...

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
moles1138 wrote:Just thought I'd let my fellow PWA that I will be going under the knife today at 2ET.

Good luck with everything going smoothly and a fast recuperation.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Just thought I'd let my fellow PWA that I will be going under the knife today at 2ET. I've got a herniated disc between L3 and L4 vertebrae that is pushing on the left nerve root since Jan. 19. There is intense pain running down my left leg that we have been managing with meds...that I'm off pre-op. Couldn't sleep in this morning. The leg pain will go away immediately. There is also numbness and partial paralysis that will go away but the numbness could remain for weeks or even months (that is normal). It's difficult going up steps sometimes. Looking forward to the relief.

Keep us posted as soon as you're able, Moles. Maybe you can ask the doctor to post here when he's done!!!

pooflady

Ugh, purging files, getting tax information together. Had a great idea - husband can do the shredding!

moles1138

(Apologies for yelling. Copied from the Green thread and it is yelling Tuesday)

FEELIN' OKAY.
WOKE AND SAW THE CLOCK AT 4. INCISION PAIN WAS PRETTY HIGH SO SHE GAVE ME MORE IV MEDS. GOT A LITTLE LOOPY AND NOTICED IT WAS A QUARTER PAST 5. WHOA. WHERE'D THE TIME GO? GOT TO EAT SOME SALTINES AND DRINK SOME WATER. GINGER ALE, DIET COKE, OR DIET SPRITE...NOPE, I'LL JUST HAVE WATER. THE NURSE LEFT ME ALONE FOR A WHILE. BUT I STARTED FEELING BLADDER PRESSURE. COULDN'T FIND A CALL BUTTON. DIDN'T THINK TO YELL A BIT. TRIED FLAGGING SOMEONE. FINALLY AT ABOUT 6 SHE WALKED BY AND I GOT HER ATTENTION. SHE ASKED IF I THOUGHT I COULD WALK. I THOUGHT...LET'S TRY. AT THIS TIME THE PRESSURE WAS GETTING PAINFUL AND I WASN'T SURE HOW MUCH LONGER I'D BE ABLE TO HOLD IT. GOT TO WALK ABOUT 30FT. TO THE RESTROOM. DAAAAMN. LIKE A RACE HORSE! FELT SO GOOD. SO THAT MEANT I COULD GO HOOOOOOME. YAY! UNFORTUNATELY THEY DID NOT FILL THE Rx AS REQUESTED SO I NEEDED TO GO GET IT MY(OUR)SELF. TOO LATE TO GO TO SAM'S AS THEY CLOSE AT 7. SO WE WENT TO CVS. HAD TO GET A COLD COKE. TASTED SOOOO GOOD. GOT MY PAIN MEDS, HOPEFULLY I CAN GET OFF THOSE SOON. OOGIE NEEDED TO GET SOME V'DAY BALLOONS FOR THE SHOP AT THE DOLLAR STORE. GOT HOME AND NOODLES WAS HAPPY TO SEE US. MY BROTHER HAD STAYED WITH OOGIE FOR A WHILE BUT HAD TO LEAVE. HE CAME OVER ONCE WE GOT HOME. I'VE BEEN WALKING AND ACTUALLY DID THE STEPS ONCE. THINK I'M GOING TO SLEEP ON THE COUCH TONIGHT.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:(Apologies for yelling. Copied from the Green thread and it is yelling Tuesday)

FEELIN' OKAY.

Also from the Green thread - glad everything's looking good.

moles1138

pooflady

100% chance of rain today. It's been snowing for an hour, what I call Christmas morning snow; big, fat fluffy flakes with no wind.

edlada

pooflady wrote:100% chance of rain today. It's been snowing for an hour, what I call Christmas morning snow; big, fat fluffy flakes with no wind.

The only time I like snow! Even better when I only read about it too. We have had no winter here, about 3" of total snow accumulation, no temperatures lower than the 20s and even that was rare. Another 4 weeks or so and spring will be here.

edlada

pooflady wrote:100% chance of rain today. It's been snowing for an hour, what I call Christmas morning snow; big, fat fluffy flakes with no wind.

nevermind

mbspell

we had a few days in the 50's last week. snow overnight tonight, maybe 3-5 inches. then temps will hit 60 on Tue and Wed. I hope this is the last of the snow.