deanerino1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deanerino1

at least you saw it. I never even saw the "i want one" CTA.

peaceetc

quality posts: 71 Private Messages peaceetc
JDSardone wrote:Well i managed to click I want one but im still in the Welcome To The Vestibule Of Patience so i'm guessing its not going to happen for $1

Yep, right there with ya. Not that I expected to score, anyway, but it was worth a shot.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017).

draigun

quality posts: 32 Private Messages draigun

Welp, that went exactly as expected.

Waiting room despite immediately hitting the link as soon as it changed.

My guess is that many people had the product page from the event tile before Woot switched it out for a link to the blog post. That goes live before the tile link switches, giving those people a heads up. I'm mad because I forgot to save it before they changed it hahaha.

usr2284a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usr2284a

Well, that went as well as I expected.

XterraGuy

quality posts: 8 Private Messages XterraGuy

I know I'm not gonna get one, but I'm still sitting in the "vestibule of patience" so that's proof there was a chance.

realkeith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realkeith

I got a pair!!! (Or so I think) I was just rapidly refreshing until the “I want one” button came up. I was in the vestibule for a minute, and my phone buzzed with an order confirmation from Woot. Thanks Woot!

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

peaceetc

wajeremy wrote:

What, you mean all the errors weren't part of the experiment?

qazxswe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages qazxswe
wajeremy wrote:

Sarcasm?

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

XterraGuy

quality posts: 8 Private Messages XterraGuy
XterraGuy wrote:I know I'm not gonna get one, but I'm still sitting in the "vestibule of patience" so that's proof there was a chance.

Same the second time around.

Sophrosyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sophrosyn

Yeah, this is making me feel like a loser. Bye

ydurguner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ydurguner

looks like the woot infrastructure not solid enough, every big auction gets end up with crashes or errors or bunch of lateness... gotta improve guys!

BeerDrinker1104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BeerDrinker1104

Vestibule Of Patience after 1 second; looks like the experiment was a success. Only Bots win.

Katsolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Katsolo

Peace out. My time is worth more than this.

deanerino1

meanwhile as we're all refreshing this page every other item's price dropped to $1 as well

bsmith1

quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1

Don't use your Amazon Login/Payments. Yeah, you'll have to eat the $5 shipping, but checkout is tons faster.

gwaki

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gwaki

I GOT ONE at $1!!! WOOOOOOT

ibswimmin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibswimmin

First time round I got in the Vestibule of Patience.

Second time I got all the way through the order process, but when it asked me to confirm my payment methods all were sold out -_-

qazxswe

bsmith1 wrote:Don't use your Amazon Login/Payments. Yeah, you'll have to eat the $5 shipping, but checkout is tons faster.

But that's the only way I can login. I haven't known my Woot password for years, and I can't reset it.

lichme

quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme

Did not buy thing I did not need.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

maryte

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maryte

Woot quite simply doesn't have the capacity to pull off "fun" things like this. Never got anything beyond the front page - not the vestibule, not sold out, just continually refreshing to the page that tells me this event is coming up (except, of course, for the five minutes of error pages - even for this forum). JFC, I know businesses don't give a sh!t about their customers, but why do they continue to pretend that they do?

bsmith1

gwaki wrote:I GOT ONE at $1!!! WOOOOOOT

Wow, first sucker too! Is your bot the same one that made the google phone calls?

peaceetc

I know I should close my vestibule of patience tab from the $1 sale but morbid curiosity as to how long it will do that before finally showing the sold out page is winning out. Sorry, wajeremy.

MimiTinyHouse

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MimiTinyHouse

so, what's the world record for the vestibule of patience. If I remain for hours, would I be awarded the master of the vestibule of patience award? Is there a badge for that??? :D

JDSardone

quality posts: 23 Private Messages JDSardone

lol still in the $1 VoP...

jesse1470

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jesse1470

I got a cancellation order on the first round, crazy it showed my order processed at exactly 2:00:06 so that went extremely quick. But managed to snag a set on the second go around! Don't know why I went for it other than the challenge, they will end up where all mine always end up, scratched and lost under the seat in my car!

X8

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 52 Private Messages digitaljanitor

still in vop from the $1 fiasco

According to the latest polling, SIX out of Seven Dwarfs are NOT Happy!

JDSardone

quality posts: 23 Private Messages JDSardone
MimiTinyHouse wrote:so, what's the world record for the vestibule of patience. If I remain for hours, would I be awarded the master of the vestibule of patience award? Is there a badge for that??? :D

I made a VoP gif for my signature lol..

bsmith1

lichme wrote:Did not buy thing I did not need.

Poor, Lich. You're gonna have to buy wootstalkerbot some upgrades to score next time.

bsmith1

JDSardone wrote:I made a VoP gif for my signature lol..

I like that one. Nice.

krwudtke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krwudtke

That was a complete and utter waist. Furthermore, your instructions "sucked". I read the blog post page around 1 PM CST today.
You said, "1. Go to this page. (Deal will appear "Sold Out" until #2 below)." and that lead here: https://sport.woot.com/plus/wtf-pricing-rayban-chromance
Which didn't say "Sold Out" but clicking on the item there lead back to the blog post. So I stayed on that list page and when 3:00 rolled around reloading that page did absolutely nothing, of course. When I tried clicking the item again, now it said "Sold Out" but not because it hadn't started yet.
So next time, make your instructions better.

darkinc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages darkinc

First sucker! Haha.. hope the wife wants them...

BeerDrinker1104

TomSegura wrote:Bots 1, humans 0. The single pair for 1.00 went fast.

Ten minutes later, it went faster.

qazxswe

krwudtke wrote:That was a complete and utter waist. Furthermore, your instructions "sucked". I read the blog post page around 1 PM CST today.
You said, "1. Go to this page. (Deal will appear "Sold Out" until #2 below)." and that lead here: https://sport.woot.com/plus/wtf-pricing-rayban-chromance
Which didn't say "Sold Out" but clicking on the item there lead back to the blog post. So I stayed on that list page and when 3:00 rolled around reloading that page did absolutely nothing, of course. When I tried clicking the item again, now it said "Sold Out" but not because it hadn't started yet.

Unless they change it in the next minute, at the end of the url for the product page, change the numbe following 'sunglasses' to the following number.

bsmith1

darkinc wrote:First sucker! Haha.. hope the wife wants them...

Bet she'll take the $50 profit on ebay! Spend money to make money, that's what granny always says.

deanerino1

krwudtke wrote:That was a complete and utter waist. Furthermore, your instructions "sucked". I read the blog post page around 1 PM CST today.

I'm sorry I can't read this through all the salt that's now stuck on my monitor.

darkinc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages darkinc
bsmith1 wrote:Bet she'll take the $50 profit on ebay! Spend money to make money, that's what granny always says.

Silly me forgot to sign in to Amazon for prime.. So I ate the 5$ shipping lol

BeerDrinker1104

MimiTinyHouse wrote:so, what's the world record for the vestibule of patience. If I remain for hours, would I be awarded the master of the vestibule of patience award? Is there a badge for that??? :D

It timed me out of it after 14 minutes.

peaceetc

Ah, I finally left the VoP on the dollar sale to the glorious sold out page. Good times.

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

Breaking Woot - The Story of Botty McBotface

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar