bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar
wajeremy wrote:The funny thing is, both the first and last Wooters are on my dev team. Not sure how to feel about this information.

Woot employees and one lonely person in CA who must have been really mad one day.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

intodogs

quality posts: 5 Private Messages intodogs
cbilyak wrote:Casemates.com is pretty awesome like Wine Woot used to be!

Thanks..I have checked out casemates several times, but felt the pricing was a bit high for the "taking a gamble" purchase. I will keep checking, however.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Congrats to all that got some nice glasses!

Feel free to drop some feedback here.

//backs out of the forum

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bsmith1

quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1
bestsportnascar wrote:Anyone have a price protection credit card? I wonder if they will refund you most of the money because someone paid $1?

I wonder if Amazon will price-match?

Narfcake

quality posts: 394 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

wajeremy wrote:The funny thing is, both the first and last Wooters are on my dev team. Not sure how to feel about this information.

It's a vote of confidence!

It's akin to seeing someone who works at one restaurant eating at another restaurant. "But you work over there". "Yes, that's why I eat over here."

Also:

I Miss the Old Woot

bestsportnascar wrote:Woot employees and one lonely person in CA who must have been really mad one day.

It wasn't me!

(That shirt lacks a cat.)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

BrittanyClaire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrittanyClaire

I seem to not have any luck anymore on these deals or Bags of sadness. I wonder if I should retire from the Woot community and close my account.

/feeling down today

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar
ThunderThighs wrote:Congrats to all that got some nice glasses!

//backs out of the forum

Feel free to do the same with some Oakley Flak Jacket Polarized. I need some new ones. (Really just some new lenses)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ThunderThighs

Staff

BrittanyClaire wrote:I seem to not have any luck anymore on these deals or Bags of sadness. I wonder if I should retire from the Woot community and close my account.

/feeling down today

On things like this, you're more unlikely not to get it. Don't feel down. There are many others that haven't gotten the glasses or Bandolier on Chewies.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ftschirgi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ftschirgi

Bull Poop. At 4PM you sold 1!

ThunderThighs

Staff

ftschirgi wrote:Bull Poop. At 4PM you sold 1!

Bull Poop. We didn't sell any at 4pm. But at 3pm, we sold more than one. You can see it on the sales stats.

JDSardone

quality posts: 23 Private Messages JDSardone
draigun wrote:I'm not sure if you're aware and it's where you're getting the idea from, but if you're not, you should check out Massdrop. It's essentially this concept.

nope never seen that site before, and i cant stand sites that make you log in just to view their sales...

qazxswe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages qazxswe
ftschirgi wrote:Bull Poop. At 4PM you sold 1!

No. It was 1 per person.

If you look at the sales stats, you could see 2 different usernames.

And if you look at the sales maps, you'll see that there were sales in 5 states, with some having more buyers than others.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

JDSardone

ThunderThighs wrote:Bull Poop. We didn't sell any at 4pm. But at 3pm, we sold more than one. You can see it on the sales stats.

were the $1 and $20 quantities of 5?

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:Bull Poop. We didn't sell any at 4pm. But at 3pm, we sold more than one. You can see it on the sales stats.

DO NOT bring up time zones. That's asking for trouble.

gwaki

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gwaki
bsmith1 wrote:Wow, first sucker too! Is your bot the same one that made the google phone calls?

No Bot. Hahaha. Just hit refresh at exactly 3 saw the buy button and clicked order before everything had loaded.

Also was logged in via Amazon

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

Part-time mod here, just wanted to come in and say Hi!

gwaki

Are you going to release the number of glasses in each price category?

JDSardone

//backs out of the forum

Maybe not have predictable links so that people have to click

ThunderThighs

Staff

gwaki wrote:No Bot. Hahaha. Just hit refresh at exactly 3 saw the buy button and clicked order before everything had loaded.

Yay for busting the bot myth!

mebisping

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mebisping

//backs out of the forum

It was fun to try to get one.
Personally, I would like to see smaller price jumps, but I get it, you gotta make something on some of them. I tried for the next few after the dollar, might have gone for the $20, but would not have actually bought at the higher prices, not for sunglasses, anyway. I might for something else that isn't so easily lost, damaged, or stolen.
Overall, I had a good time trying and reading the forums from others who were trying.

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:Yay for busting the bot myth!

Unless a bot was written to refresh the page at the right time, and to login via an Amazon account. ;)

ThunderThighs

Staff

qazxswe wrote:Unless a bot was written to refresh the page at the right time, and to login via an Amazon account. ;)

Hush, you.

sammydog01

quality posts: 70 Private Messages sammydog01
manlapig wrote:Part-time mod here, just wanted to come in and say Hi!

Hi!

I forgot about the sale. I guess that’s a good thing?

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:Hush, you.

gwaki

I think this is my second time being "first to woot" on something. The other time was on a Bandolier on Chewie a while back:

https://www.woot.com/offers/7614420xdfrtnmkl

bsmith1

gwaki wrote:No Bot. Hahaha. Just hit refresh at exactly 3 saw the buy button and clicked order before everything had loaded.

Amazon part is surprising. Unless woot is "reserving" your order while the payment options are loading. Mine seems to take 5 seconds loading payment stuff before I can click the last button. Maybe I have too many payment cards and such on my Amazon account...

gwaki

qazxswe wrote:Unless a bot was written to refresh the page at the right time, and to login via an Amazon account. ;)

Everyone knows you logout and login 2 minutes before you want to buy anything thus you are logged in.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

sammydog01 wrote:Hi!

I forgot about the sale. I guess that’s a good thing?

Yes.

(I was busy working and forgot all about this too.)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

gwaki

bsmith1 wrote:Amazon part is surprising. Unless woot is "reserving" your order while the payment options are loading. Mine seems to take 5 seconds loading payment stuff before I can click the last button. Maybe I have too many payment cards and such on my Amazon account...

Yea. Mine takes a bit to load as well but I clicked the big yellow button way before it finished loading. It never even showed me my CC I used as it was still loading when the next page started.

qazxswe

Narfcake wrote:Yes.

(I was busy working and forgot all about this too.)

Is that what they call it these days?

peaceetc

quality posts: 71 Private Messages peaceetc

I think we've all learned something today!

1. Bots bought all the sunglasses.
2. The actual people who bought some are secretly advanced AI's.
3. Bigfoot is real.
4. Some people were not happy about any of this.
5. Those people might also be bots sent to discourage anyone from trying to buy the sunglasses thereby making it easier for the buyer bots.
6. Bigfoot is a bot.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017).

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

qazxswe wrote:Is that what they call it these days?

Yes.

Purrductive

qazxswe

peaceetc wrote:I think we've all learned something today!

3. Bigfoot is real.
5. Those people might also be bots sent to discourage anyone from trying to buy the sunglasses thereby making it easier for the buyer bots.
6. Bigfoot is a bot.

I'd have an easier time remembering all that if it was put into a catchy song.

peaceetc

quality posts: 71 Private Messages peaceetc
qazxswe wrote:I'd have an easier time remembering all that if it was put into a catchy song.

Where's DigitalJanitor when you need him?

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017).

qazxswe

peaceetc wrote:Where's DigitalJanitor when you need him?

I'm honestly open to almost anybody singing it.

bsmith1

In case I didn't flat-out mention it, I did get one of the $20 ones and I'm not a bot. I had to pay shipping and tax though.

qazxswe

bsmith1 wrote:In case I didn't flat-out mention it, I did get one of the $20 ones and I'm not a bot. I had to pay shipping and tax though.

So what you're saying is that you're a bot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

peaceetc wrote:I think we've all learned something today!

3. Bigfoot is real.
6. Bigfoot is a bot.

Seems like a good summary to me.

draigun

quality posts: 32 Private Messages draigun
bsmith1 wrote:See y'all tomorrow for coupon fest.
"Gotta use 'em all!"

Is there another one tomorrow!?

But it does sound like he confirmed what I said.

So I agree with one of the previous posters. Don't make the sale page link predictable, and don't release it ahead of time. (I'm 90% sure you had the actual sale page as the link for the product tile on the event page, because it 404'd when I tried it originally.) If you do release it ahead of time, don't then unrelease it because then it gives those who saved it when you released it ahead of time a HUGE advantage. (Which if I'm right about it having been on the tile, it was later switched to point to the blog post.)

I think it's been long enough to admit this is also how I (and I assume lichme) got the $5 PS4. The URL for the product page never changed, so it was easy enough to just set up a page monitor on the URL that would notify me when it went live again, before anyone else even got a chance to see it.

Either way, I did really dig this event, so kudos to wajeremy and whoever else was involved in coming up with it!

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
qazxswe wrote:I'd have an easier time remembering all that if it was put into a catchy song.

It works pretty good singing it to "Somewhere over the rainbow" song...

3. Bigfoot is real.
6. Bigfoot is a bot.