qazxswe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages qazxswe
draigun wrote:But it does sound like he confirmed what I said.

So I agree with one of the previous posters. Don't make the sale page link predictable, and don't release it ahead of time. (I'm 90% sure you had the actual sale page as the link for the product tile on the event page, because it 404'd when I tried it originally.) If you do release it ahead of time, don't then unrelease it because then it gives those who saved it when you released it ahead of time a HUGE advantage. (Which if I'm right about it having been on the tile, it was later switched to point to the blog post.)

I think it's been long enough to admit this is also how I (and I assume lichme) got the $5 PS4. The URL for the product page never changed, so it was easy enough to just set up a page monitor on the URL that would notify me when it went live again, before anyone else even got a chance to see it.

Either way, I did really dig this event, so kudos to wajeremy and whoever else was involved in coming up with it!

Yes.

https://www.woot.com/blog/post/morts-coupon-quest-is-back-again

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

draigun

quality posts: 32 Private Messages draigun
qazxswe wrote:Yes.

https://www.woot.com/blog/post/morts-coupon-quest-is-back-again

Awww yiss. Thanks! I don't dig into the Community forums that often so I'm usually only aware of these from the banners on the front page.

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

So how's everyone's day going?

qazxswe

manlapig wrote:So how's everyone's day going?

Just found out that I missed a sale recently on robot chimps which fart on command.

So now I'm sad.

jesse1470

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jesse1470
draigun wrote:I'm not sure if you're aware and it's where you're getting the idea from, but if you're not, you should check out Massdrop. It's essentially this concept.

I instantly fell in love with this site, TT is going to be mad, showing me other places to spend money!!! HAha.

X8

sammydog01

quality posts: 70 Private Messages sammydog01

We had hail!

qazxswe

sammydog01 wrote:We had hail!

So you have hail AND a farting robot?

Are you doing this intentionally?

peaceetc

quality posts: 71 Private Messages peaceetc
daveinwarshington wrote:It works pretty good singing it to "Somewhere over the rainbow" song...

1. Bots bought all the sunglasses.
2. The actual people who bought some are secretly advanced AI's.
3. Bigfoot is real.
4. Some people were not happy about any of this.
5. Those people might also be bots sent to discourage anyone from trying to buy the sunglasses thereby making it easier for the buyer bots.
6. Bigfoot is a bot.

What a beautiful combination, Dave. Thank you.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017).

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar

OK I guess. Looking to be a long next few weeks. I think I am going to have some pizza tonight. Yay pizza.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

idontwanttogivemyname

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idontwanttogivemyname

I get the whole pissed cause I didn't get the deal angle, but I never even saw the prices. I saw it once and $1, then never saw a $20 (at 3:10), and at around 3:17 saw a $72.50.

sammydog01

quality posts: 70 Private Messages sammydog01
qazxswe wrote:So you have hail AND a farting robot?

Are you doing this intentionally?

YES

qazxswe

sammydog01 wrote:YES

I feel like you are trying to get a penguin slap.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1033 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

idontwanttogivemyname wrote:I get the whole pissed cause I didn't get the deal angle, but I never even saw the prices. I saw it once and $1, then never saw a $20 (at 3:10), and at around 3:17 saw a $72.50.

Thank you for the feedback. We'll definitely see what we can do to improve it if we do it again.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 52 Private Messages digitaljanitor
peaceetc wrote:Where's DigitalJanitor when you need him?

Today he was on a three hour phone call with Dell trying to resolve an issue on wrong part sent.

I did manage to make an extended appearance in the VoP at least on the shades, but I think I'll leave the WTF game to the young'n's.

According to the latest polling, SIX out of Seven Dwarfs are NOT Happy!

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - what it looked like by hour:

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

peaceetc

wajeremy wrote:Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - what it looked like by hour:

Well. At least now you know, right?

dwaynesr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwaynesr

UFB, you can put up this scam, and not realize the damage you have done to your brand. You're not funny or even slightly amusing. You have insulted everyone who ever read this promotion, by assuming they are all idiots!

qazxswe

dwaynesr wrote:UFB, you can put up this scam, and not realize the damage you have done to your brand. You're not funny or even slightly amusing. You have insulted everyone who ever read this promotion, by assuming they are all idiots!

1. Nope. I'm a penguin.
2. I dunno, I'm slightly amused.
3. How was it a scam?

peaceetc

dwaynesr wrote:UFB, you can put up this scam, and not realize the damage you have done to your brand. You're not funny or even slightly amusing. You have insulted everyone who ever read this promotion, by assuming they are all idiots!

I checked Woot's Facebook and Twitter posts about this event and only saw one complaint (which I think was about the servers going down, not the promotion itself). And several of us do find Woot to be funny, so there's that. The promotion obviously had technical issues, and bots were likely a problem, but some real people scored at the lower price points, so it wasn't a total loss, either.

I understand you're upset, dwaynesr, though I really don't understand why. This was an experiment, which they clearly explained several times.

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar
wajeremy wrote:Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - what it looked like by hour:

Looks like a bitcoin chart

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

bestsportnascar wrote:Looks like a bitcoin chart

You’ll give our PMs ideas...

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

ThunderThighs

Staff

Appreciate your feedback. What part of it did you hate? As we noted, it was an experiment.

Also UFB?
Unidentified Flying Balloons?
Underrated Flimsy BBQs
Underneath Farting Baboons?

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

colinchout

quality posts: 10 Private Messages colinchout

So did anyone actually buy this RB less than $99 ? Or as you said this is just an experiment to let ppl scrambling your site for fun ?

SylvreKat

quality posts: 39 Private Messages SylvreKat
pepper114 wrote:Pfft. That's just a cover up. They have their own woot branded lunch box and usb sticks. I think someday we'll be seeing Mort & Monte bubble gum pizza flavored soda pop in gourmet. The bottles have capes.

I am WAY behind and playing catchy-up, but couldn't let this one by.

Don't you mean the bottles have CrapWraps?

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +1

peaceetc

ThunderThighs wrote:Also UFB?
Underrated Flimsy BBQs

Yes, all of those. Also, un-f*cking-believable.

SylvreKat

Uh, what's "UFB"?

qazxswe wrote:1. Nope. I'm a penguin.
2. I dunno, I'm slightly amused.
3. How was it a scam?

You understood what "UFB" meant?

peaceetc wrote:I checked Woot's Facebook and Twitter posts about this event and only saw one complaint (which I think was about the servers going down, not the promotion itself). And several of us do find Woot to be funny, so there's that. The promotion obviously had technical issues, and bots were likely a problem, but some real people scored at the lower price points, so it wasn't a total loss, either.

I understand you're upset, dwaynesr, though I really don't understand why. This was an experiment, which they clearly explained several times.

Ditto understanding "UFB"? And I agree, I too find woot! fun and funny. And I am not a bot. I'm a 'Kat.

ThunderThighs wrote:Appreciate your feedback. What part of it did you hate? As we noted, it was an experiment.

Also UFB?
Underrated Flimsy BBQs

Oh, good, I'm not the only one who doesn't get what was meant by "UFB"! And excellent company I'm in!

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +1

SylvreKat

ThunderThighs wrote:Appreciate your feedback. What part of it did you hate? As we noted, it was an experiment.

What part did I hate? The part where I couldn't play shenanigans along with the rest of y'alles!

Seriously, it sounded like a total blast, and I really am sad I had to work, and that I work a job where I can't access fun online sales-sites. If you do this again, vary the starting time. And maybe throw in a weekend day. Yes, I know you can't time these for everyone's convenience. But if you toss the event around, then everyone should be able to get at least one chance at the fun'n'shenanigans!

And I would've gone for $1 sunglasses. Despite that nobody in my extended family can wear regular sunglasses (we're the bat family, huh)

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +1

SylvreKat

Hey, I just had an idea for Unca' Wooty's bar--

The Shenanigang

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +1

peaceetc

SylvreKat wrote:Oh, good, I'm not the only one who doesn't get what was meant by "UFB"! And excellent company I'm in!

>'Kat

It means "un-f*cking-believable."

SylvreKat

peaceetc wrote:It means "un-f*cking-believable."

Oh. That's not nearly as interesting as TT's baboons, is it?

But thanks for defining it. I can now go to sleep with my mind set at ease and not fretting over what those letters could possibly for-real mean.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +1

qazxswe

SylvreKat wrote:Oh, good, I'm not the only one who doesn't get what was meant by "UFB"! And excellent company I'm in!

>'Kat

I was thinking more about the fact that they were talking about idiots.

Penguins are smart. While we might do something which seems foolish to you humans, it's really in our best interest.

acraigl

quality posts: 224 Private Messages acraigl

I tried for the first 3 increases, got into the VOP each time, but got kicked with a sold out message on each eventually.

It was fun. I'd like that to happen again.

VOTE >

pepper114

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pepper114
SylvreKat wrote:I am WAY behind and playing catchy-up, but couldn't let this one by.

Don't you mean the bottles have CrapWraps?

>'Kat

That makes me think of taco bell. Ooh maybe we can have one of those too?

Uh oh. Woot is flickering on and off. Is there a squirrel in the server room again?

kawdrifter2000

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kawdrifter2000

Thought the concept was interesting, realized the time that it would start and figured that I wouldn't be at a computer, so I went about my day and forgot about Woot till this morning. Pretty much my normal routine.

bsmith1

quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1
kawdrifter2000 wrote:Thought the concept was interesting, realized the time that it would start and figured that I wouldn't be at a computer, so I went about my day and forgot about Woot till this morning. Pretty much my normal routine.

At least you can get coupons this morning: https://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7382758

gwaki

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gwaki

Shades showed up today! Thanks again Woot for the $1 Ray Bans

ThunderThighs

Staff

gwaki wrote:Shades showed up today! Thanks again Woot for the $1 Ray Bans

WOOHOO! Thanks for checking back in!

peaceetc

gwaki wrote:Shades showed up today! Thanks again Woot for the $1 Ray Bans

You're pretty articulate for a bot. ;)

jesse1470

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jesse1470

My $20 pair showed up. Now the true challenge of actually taking care of them. Never had a good pair of sunglasses so now I understand it, put them on and was amazed, the desert sun wasn't as blinding today!

X8

bsmith1

quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1

Got my $20 shades and they are dooooope.

Wife says I don't have to sell them because I needed new ones anyway.