mbspell

quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell

PLUS

mbspell

sammydog01

quality posts: 67 Private Messages sammydog01
mbspell wrote:but just wanted to add
ONE WEEK until I see the new STAR WARS!!

anytime I get overwhelmed by how much I still have left to do for xmas, I think about Star Wars instead.

I got a MoviePass so I can see it as many times as I want once the crowds die down. I'm thinking at least three.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 96 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I'll repost my CRAP here.......

Hang on as I lead you through the journey of:
CRAP:

This is a good one! It weighed in at an incredible 5.14 lb. & was carefully packed with only the highest quality CRAP!

I'll start with the really nice and useful woot "MY CRAP" backpack thing. This is so useful that I can't list all the uses here!

Next, and it's really a nice item for a B0C, is this really great FRENCH PRESS coffee maker. It arrived in perfect condition & my wife has already wrapped it up for Christmas re-gifting (we have one already). I don't think you need to be or even speak French to use this.

Then, we come to a wonderful item. This doohickey plugs into your cell phone so you can talk ever-so-better and easier! I'll have to use it only while in fine restaurants and special occasions.

Woot surprised me with what is probably the most entertaining and wonderful game on the planet Earth. It's called "FACT OR CRAP DARE", and just having the word CRAP in the name kicks it up a level or two. WOW!

A orange semi-transparent Microsoft Office DRINK CUP WITH STRAW! This baby has all the features that most cups have and all the options! The lid securely screws on and everything!

A THING! This thing has arms I think and is soft and thingy. WOW! USEFUL!

A CRAP-RUBBER DUCK! This rubber duck is all you'd expect from a rubber duck AND IT SQUEAKS WHEN YOU SQUEEZE IT! It also appears to have crap-for-brains. Nice!

Here. Chevy shows off the CRAP DUCK and the THING:

It keeps going! Next in the Wonderful Crap Box was a very useful pair of OVEN GLOVES. I really do use these while running the smoker or the grill. Super useful!

A COIN PURSE! Wait, this ain't no ordinary coin purse. This sucker has ALL THE OPTIONS & FEATURES OF HIGH-END COIN PURSES! It is from deep in the Orient, probably an exotic tropical location. It's made from a special material that appears to be waterproof kinda and it snaps securely closed (like a bank vault). Ya want to keep wet coins? HERE YA GO! ...and its GREEN!

I got STICKERS & LUGGAGE TAGS!!!
I've frequently considered taking up bee-keeping. I've also considered taking those bees on vacation with me. WHAT TO DO? I needed a tag to let customs know that yes, there are angry bees in my luggage.
I've also frequently forgotten the name of that site what also sells shirts. What was it? Wirt Shoot? Now, I look at the sticker to see the name of the best shirt-seller on the planet! SHIRT WOOT!

We're off to see the Wizard, the wonder wizard of Oz.
I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...
Poppies will make them sleep...
There's a theme here because... next... I... got... a...
2016 WIZARD OF OZ CALENDAR! OH!!! MY!!! GOODNESS!!!

This sucker has great action photos from the ACTUAL MOVIE!

And it's perfectly useful again in the years 2044, 2072, and 2112. HANDY!

Also, a BONUS with the calendar was a POSTER. What kind of poster you ask (those still reading this crap)?
A WIZARD OF OZ FULL SIZE POSTER (beer for scale)

Then, ANOTHER POSTER!!! This is the grooviest and far-outiest poster on the planet EARTH. TRIPPY DOG POSTER!! Can you dig it?

There's more! A BEER KOOZY! This is a woot-shirt design and actually pretty darn cool! Woo Hooo! No more hot beer!Also

Also, an out-of-focus IPhone6 glass cover! This would protect the screen on those fancy-schmancy Iphones I assume!!

We have come almost to the end of our CRAP JOURNEY. The next item is unbelievable. Astounding. Awesome. Beautiful. Gosh-darn neat-o.
It's a hand KNITTED CAP! This cap has absolutely no tags or identifying features except it's groovyness. It has two presumably to be MONKEY HEADS EACH DANGLING TWO BANANA-TYPE THINGS!
It's one-size-fits-all-shelties and Jetta was just so eager to show it off (she's hiding her excitement):

Of course Chevy got into the act:

Well, that's all of it. No Texas air. No letter, but I've already gotten a letter & never expect another one.

cklun

quality posts: 41 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

mbspell wrote:I don't think she can do ombre. I showed pics of something that last year (turquoise and darker blue fade) and she didn't do it. (plus unless you wash very very carefully that will never look like that for long!)

I literally said do the same as last time - more blue streaks. I never said anything about underneath or bottom. and yet the top layer is blonde now and the blue streaks are underneath. whatever, I still like it and there's always next time!

I will get a picture outside sometime, there is more blue than it appears.

I LOVELOVELOVE the way your hair looks when you...I forget what you do...not braid it. Somehow it is in gathered in the back and the color looks amazing! maybe in photos from Japan? no...probably earlier...???

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

daveinwarshington

Our tree

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

mbspell wrote:happy thursday!!

glad I don't have to work.

also glad to hear there will be 50 new gen 3 pokemon added to the game this week. WOO HOO

gotta shower and get out for a walk. been exhausted lately, so I think a walk will do me good. either that or it will set me up for a nice after lunch nap. lol

go for the nice lunch and a nice nap.

so many new Pokemon!!!

Does Becky know?

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

daveinwarshington wrote:Our tree

so beautiful!!!

do you have one of those angel tree tops that flap their wings???

daveinwarshington

cklun wrote:so beautiful!!!

I think she flaps her wings when no one is looking...

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

daveinwarshington wrote:I think she flaps her wings when no one is looking...

THAT SNEAKY B I T C H !

I am sure she teases the doggies.

mbspell

sammydog01 wrote:I got a MoviePass so I can see it as many times as I want once the crowds die down. I'm thinking at least three.

my kids are all seeing it ASAP but N said we will definitely have to see it again over Christmas break. so maybe 3 for me, too

daveinwarshington

Well, I sent my Big ol' Cornucopia in for a crappraisal...

daveinwarshington

Has anyone here tried a ROKU plug-in TV thing?

daveinwarshington

mbspell wrote:but just wanted to add
ONE WEEK until I see the new STAR WARS!!

anytime I get overwhelmed by how much I still have left to do for xmas, I think about Star Wars instead.

Cool.

I really wanted to see it at the new Imax, but I bet it's all sold out. I'll wait a week or two.

mbspell

cklun wrote:I LOVELOVELOVE the way your hair looks when you...I forget what you do...not braid it. Somehow it is in gathered in the back and the color looks amazing! maybe in photos from Japan? no...probably earlier...???

probably one of them french braids, where the colors all weave in and out.

mbspell

the tree looks great, dave!

seems to me that it's about the size of the real trees you used to cut down, so I think mrs. d really picked a winner!

mbspell

daveinwarshington wrote:Has anyone here tried a ROKU plug-in TV thing?

we have an amazon fire stick, which plugs in like a roku, on our older tv. the newer one is a smart tv and has the apps built in. the fire stick works pretty well.

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

daveinwarshington wrote:I'll repost my CRAP here.......

Hang on as I lead you through the journey of:

Next, and it's really a nice item for a B0C, is this really great FRENCH PRESS coffee maker. It arrived in perfect condition & my wife has already wrapped it up for Christmas re-gifting (we have one already). I don't think you need to be or even speak French to use this.

Then, we come to a wonderful item. This doohickey plugs into your cell phone so you can talk ever-so-better and easier! I'll have to use it only while in fine restaurants and special occasions.

Woot surprised me with what is probably the most entertaining and wonderful game on the planet Earth. It's called "FACT OR CRAP DARE", and just having the word CRAP in the name kicks it up a level or two. WOW!

A THING! This thing has arms I think and is soft and thingy. WOW! USEFUL!

A CRAP-RUBBER DUCK! This rubber duck is all you'd expect from a rubber duck AND IT SQUEAKS WHEN YOU SQUEEZE IT! It also appears to have crap-for-brains. Nice!

Here. Chevy shows off the CRAP DUCK and the THING:

Then, ANOTHER POSTER!!! This is the grooviest and far-outiest poster on the planet EARTH. TRIPPY DOG POSTER!! Can you dig it?

HOLY FABULOUS CRAP DAVE!!!

NICE French Press! You may not know but you can actually press French people with those!

I have that awesome phone in Green from a Big ol' Cornucopia It is my GREEN GROTTO HOTLINE!

FACT OR CRAP DARE game sounds like a winner for when the family gathers around over the holidays!

CRAP-RUBBER DUCK??? NO WAAAAAAAY!!!

Looks like Chevy has claimed the THING!

OVEN GLOVES!!! I needs those to wear ALL DAY LONG!

TRIPPY DOG POSTER?!?!?! I can dig it, he can dig it, she can dig it
We can dig it, they can dig it, you can dig it
Oh, let's dig it, can you dig it, baby?

AMAZING CRAP AND AS ALWAYS AN AMAZING CRAP POST DAVE!!!

daveinwarshington

mbspell wrote:the tree looks great, dave!

seems to me that it's about the size of the real trees you used to cut down, so I think mrs. d really picked a winner!

We like it. It's a 7' "narrow" tree.

mbspell

cklun wrote:so beautiful!!!

my sister and I always would fight over the tree topper. she always wanted an angel and I always wanted a star, so we had to alternate.

I have a snowman star up there now.

mbspell

cklun wrote:go for the nice lunch and a nice nap.

so many new Pokemon!!!

Does Becky know?

I will have to text her!!

took a nice long walk. ran into an ex-coworker. now making lunch. I figure the big salad will cancel out the bowl of pasta. I just love pasta so much.

daveinwarshington

cklun wrote:HOLY FABULOUS CRAP DAVE!!!

LOL...
Thanks. I try to have fun with it.

SHIT! I keep forgetting to check the woot crapvent calendar!! I think I can get another crap by now. Gotta check that...

mbspell

cklun wrote:HOLY FABULOUS CRAP DAVE!!!

NICE French Press! You may not know but you can actually press French people with those!

I have that awesome phone in Green from a Big ol' Cornucopia It is my GREEN GROTTO HOTLINE!

FACT OR CRAP DARE game sounds like a winner for when the family gathers around over the holidays!

CRAP-RUBBER DUCK??? NO WAAAAAAAY!!!

Looks like Chevy has claimed the THING!

OVEN GLOVES!!! I needs those to wear ALL DAY LONG!

TRIPPY DOG POSTER?!?!?! I can dig it, he can dig it, she can dig it
We can dig it, they can dig it, you can dig it
Oh, let's dig it, can you dig it, baby?

yes, dave, you got some semi-useful stuff in there, which is really the best you can hope for with bags of crap. chevy and jetta are much better models than my cats, treats or no treats.

and LMAO to the pressing french people, cklun!!!

mbspell

daveinwarshington wrote:We like it. It's a 7' "narrow" tree.

my living room here is gigantic, so we need a big tree, but I think that size looks better for when we move and have a normal sized room. not too big, not too small, room for enough ornaments but still manageable. good choice.

mbspell

daveinwarshington wrote:LOL...
Thanks. I try to have fun with it.

SHIT! I keep forgetting to check the woot crapvent calendar!! I think I can get another crap by now. Gotta check that...

don't bother.

crappy lego knock off animals today for lots of $$$

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

mbspell wrote:I will have to text her!!

took a nice long walk. ran into an ex-coworker. now making lunch. I figure the big salad will cancel out the bowl of pasta. I just love pasta so much.

PLEASE text her

and text her often!!!

mbspell

been exhausted all week, and in bed around 10. but I have my concert tonight, and if they sell drinks I'm definitely getting one. I don't feel like I have a cold, but will take an airborne this afternoon just in case.

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

mbspell wrote:yes, dave, you got some semi-useful stuff in there, which is really the best you can hope for with bags of crap. chevy and jetta are much better models than my cats, treats or no treats.

and LMAO to the pressing french people, cklun!!!

yes MBS...we learned about this on cruise in France...

mbspell

cklun wrote:PLEASE text her

and text her often!!!

hah! I'm glad I don't have the cell phone model your mom has or I'd be texting her, too! LOL

mbspell

cklun wrote:yes MBS...we learned about this on cruise in France...

damn, I need to do a transatlantic cruise or european cruise for the KNOWLEDGE!!!

and balcony drinking. and all the fancy tiny desserts.

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

mbspell wrote:been exhausted all week, and in bed around 10. but I have my concert tonight, and if they sell drinks I'm definitely getting one. I don't feel like I have a cold, but will take an airborne this afternoon just in case.

Becky's son Mike has been sick of and on over a few weeks...a couple days ago he started shivering, his throat really hurt...finally went to dr.

He has an ear infection.

Has his ear been hurting?

yes

Did he ever mention this to anyone?

no

mbspell

cklun wrote:Becky's son Mike has been sick of and on over a few weeks...a couple days ago he started shivering, his throat really hurt...finally went to dr.

He has an ear infection.

Has his ear been hurting?

yes

Did he ever mention this to anyone?

no

LMAO!!!! men!!

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

mbspell wrote:damn, I need to do a transatlantic cruise or european cruise for the KNOWLEDGE!!!

and balcony drinking. and all the fancy tiny desserts.

You really do.

I recommend a transatlantic starting in Europe.

They are so educational and you don't even need to leave your cabin to learn these things! All of the talks are on the tv!

AND there are so many activities cruises are not aware of! My favorite is "Drunk Balcony Day"

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

mbspell wrote:LMAO!!!! men!!

dumbassery sets in at an early age..

daveinwarshington

mbspell wrote:we have an amazon fire stick, which plugs in like a roku, on our older tv. the newer one is a smart tv and has the apps built in. the fire stick works pretty well.

We have a smaller but nice TV in the spare bedroom.
I guess Firestick & Roku are about the same. I'll get something before the house fills up with company.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 16 Private Messages marlenestclair
daveinwarshington wrote:Has anyone here tried a ROKU plug-in TV thing?

Dave I am watching mine right now, we have had a ROKU for about 4 years and we love it. It has never failed us. We have a plug in and a wireless.

x14

marlenestclair

Its lovely!!

x14

marlenestclair

I got my Christmas Santa Crapbox today! I am like a kid in a toy store!!

x14

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

marlenestclair wrote:I got my Christmas Santa Crapbox today! I am like a kid in a toy store!!

woOHOO!!!!

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

The second box to my GREEN match will arrive tomorrow or Saturday!

I am watching the tracking!