moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

Where's mick? This shoulda been her number.

58 degrees. 266 miles West in Indianapolis...25

Schools are closing. Oogie will close early. Severe winter weather warnings beginning at noon.

mbspell

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
Calgaltoal wrote:A major flu epidemic here, my County is one of the worst. Governor declared health emergency for state.
All this dang cold weather, people being cooped up together. They say a lot of visiting and germ swapping during holidays, one reason.

It is going to be 30 degrees colder tomorrow than it was today!

didn't you say it was 70 and you were in a tank top and shorts?

LMAO

mbspell

54 here already, but going to get 2 inches of rain in next 24 hours. there will be flooding, due to all the piles of snow still left.

fog was bad last night on our drive to drop off son. melting snow caused fog and spray (less than rain, but enough to have to clean windshield every 4 minutes) & made for a long drive.

flu is bad all over US, regardless of temperature. the news showed a local 51 year old mom who died from the flu last week.

mbspell

tried to use my debit card twice yesterday and it was declined. said card fraud. so at 10:30 last night after finally getting home I found a message on the phone from the fraud alert department.

someone had my debit card info. was used 2x in Canada for less than $1 (probably to be sure it was a real number) and then used several times in Miami. shoes, clothes, etc. SIGH.

glad they caught it and I won't be out any money. going to swing by the bank later today to arrange for a new card.

mbspell

sorry, I am too angry to dance right now. maybe later.

mbspell

mbspell

kathleen1966

quality posts: 36 Private Messages kathleen1966

Good Morning Green Team Family!
918! My birthday page! Chev's too!!!! Now I gotta go catch up!

#LoVE

kathleen1966

mbspell wrote:kathleen - hope all is well

mar - hope grandma is ok and can get back to her house soon

cklun - I think your mom's surgery is soon, keep us posted!

Thanks MBS! Genuinely appreciated!

#LoVE

kathleen1966

mbspell wrote:EVERY FREAKING DAY IS WORSE THAN THE LAST AT WORK. COMPUTER SYSTEMS ARE DOWN. WE CANNOT FILL PRESCRIPTIONS AT ALL.

the stores who are switching over in the next few weeks are on one server & normal stores are on another. wanna guess which is fine & which is down???

send beer. or vodka.

I'm catching up..I hope someone sent vodka!

#LoVE

kathleen1966

hot72chev wrote:Second visit with the cataract doctor today. This one went much better. I took a visual field test which I believe convinced him I was telling the truth.

Surgery scheduled for April 13. Wish it could be sooner.

So happy and relieved that this problem is really going to be fixed! Maybe I'll be able to SEE!

That's Awesome!!

#LoVE

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
mbspell wrote:tried to use my debit card twice yesterday and it was declined. said card fraud. so at 10:30 last night after finally getting home I found a message on the phone from the fraud alert department.

someone had my debit card info. was used 2x in Canada for less than $1 (probably to be sure it was a real number) and then used several times in Miami. shoes, clothes, etc. SIGH.

glad they caught it and I won't be out any money. going to swing by the bank later today to arrange for a new card.

SHIT!

Wouldn't it be nice if those damn thieves put as much effort at making an honest living.
All the damn thieves cost us all a lot of $$ in a futile effort to stop or slow them down.

I hope you get it all figured out soon.

Friday Angry Dance:

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
kathleen1966 wrote:
Good Morning Green Team Family!
918! My birthday page! Now I gotta go catch up!

Good Morning kat!

kathleen1966

mbspell wrote:

how often do you get the chemo? it is monthly? and how long does it knock you out of commission?

I'm glad there is treatment to keep you going all this time, but I wish you felt better.

I have it every 3rd Thursday and am a longtime survivor living with it at the cellular level. It's an hour infusion so it's not like the first time when it was all day.

Yeah unfortunately I get the side effects bad...every year they get worse, BUT I was not supposed to make it to 38 and I'm 51. Mine was HER2 BC

I was at MGH when they released Herceptin early and it targets my cancer. If it wasn't for herceptin I would have died when it metastasized to my liver. Thank goodness for our hospitals in Boston!

I think the hardest part for me is knowing I got it because someone wanted to save a buck and I was exposed...

I'm alive and thriving though! Oh and GREEN!

#LoVE

kathleen1966

mick52 wrote:IT IS!!!!!!!!!

BIRTHDAY!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Over Mighty Glaciers sorry I wasn't here! Happy belated birthday Poof! I hope it was totally awesome!

#LoVE

kathleen1966

mbspell wrote:cklun's mom is in for surgery. send all your prayers, good thoughts, healing energy, well wishes, etc, etc.

I've been sending them healing energy!

#LoVE

marlenestclair

quality posts: 17 Private Messages marlenestclair
mbspell wrote:tried to use my debit card twice yesterday and it was declined. said card fraud. so at 10:30 last night after finally getting home I found a message on the phone from the fraud alert department.

SHIT

x15

kathleen1966

My credit card has been hit twice in just over a month....we narrowed it down to skimmers where I "used" to get gas. It happened after two chemo's..about two weeks after my chemo (and getting gas) and when it happened the second time, we think that was it. It's a huge problem up here...

#LoVE

kathleen1966

daveinwarshington wrote:Good Morning kat!

Mornin Dave! I feel awful...I didn't see MBS's post about the breach right above my woohoo I'm wicked sorry mbs I didn't scroll up..I just posted and went back to catch up...

#LoVE

moles1138

Oogie's card got stolen once. They bought a computer. We took care of it.
A few weeks later I got a new credit card that I did not apply for.
The blizzards went in and when her name wasn't available anymore, the store looked me up and gave those blizzarders an account with my info. Shit. Of course the police investigation went nowhere.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 17 Private Messages marlenestclair

Peeking in, enjoying my company, and I want to wish Poof a belated Happy Birthday!!!

x15

kathleen1966

All caught up! Glad Ckluns Mom's surgery went well...have been concerned and thinking about a lot...I know I don't always post but I'm always thinking about all of you, especially when things aren't right in your world..

I'm still sick...When I first started this chemo, I could still work and then go have chemo after work on a Friday and feel ok on Monday...but it gradually got worse...they think Herceptin is what brought on my fibro...

That medical issue I had was better the next day...but there is no way it should have happened (should be impossible) and am wondering if that's part of the reason I'm still sick...this definitely isn't from chemo, but my oncologist was informed and now we wait...She wants to make sure I don't make a trip up there and catch the flu on top of everything...

The hubs...poor guy...he has bad teeth from penicillin poisoning as a kid (his dad was a doctor)...he has to have 3 teeth pulled tomorrow...so me being sick and with my pain...and him with a massive tooth ache(s)...it's been real fun here (facepalm) NOT...

#LoVE

mbspell

kathleen1966 wrote:Mornin Dave! I feel awful...I didn't see MBS's post about the breach right above my woohoo I'm wicked sorry mbs I didn't scroll up..I just posted and went back to catch up...

no worries, I know people pop in here and catch up when they can.

sorry it's such a rough week for you and the hubs.

amazing that the herceptin has worked so well and for so long! we are lucky to have so many fantastic medical schools and hospitals here.

mbspell

moles1138 wrote:Oogie's card got stolen once. They bought a computer. We took care of it.
A few weeks later I got a new credit card that I did not apply for.
The blizzards went in and when her name wasn't available anymore, the store looked me up and gave those blizzarders an account with my info. Shit. Of course the police investigation went nowhere.

jeez, what a helpful store! I hope you tore them a new one!

mbspell

kathleen1966 wrote:My credit card has been hit twice in just over a month....we narrowed it down to skimmers where I "used" to get gas. It happened after two chemo's..about two weeks after my chemo (and getting gas) and when it happened the second time, we think that was it. It's a huge problem up here...

I used the ATM at one of my own bank's locations. I'm wondering if there was a skimmer there. will probably never know.

kathleen1966

mbspell wrote:I used the ATM at one of my own bank's locations. I'm wondering if there was a skimmer there. will probably never know.

We aren't positive it was skimmers, but I got gas after my treatment, and two weeks later the card was jacked...got a new card...3 weeks later went for my treatment, got gas again, 2 weeks later replacement card got jacked...it's the only thing that made sense where they got my new card so quickly...

#LoVE

moles1138

mbspell wrote:jeez, what a helpful store! I hope you tore them a new one!

Not really. Think I was in shock. That chain went out of business a few years later.

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar

Dang it! I want to hunt people that do that down and beat the living crap out of them. I've had that done on a brand new card just using it once at the banks ATM. They pulled out everything, but the bank gave it back. I told the bank it was brand new and I had only used it the once at the ATM. They replaced the whole ATM the next week.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
mbspell wrote:didn't you say it was 70 and you were in a tank top and shorts?

LMAO

Yeah, it was 73! The weather in Alabama is crazy!
Hot one day, freezing the next.

I am staying away from people as much I can during this flu season. That is not hard for me to do. I like staying home.
I had a hair appointment this morning, usually go shopping after, not today.
Weather does not cause the flu but everyone having to stay inside, more time to spread to others. People being cooped up makes the epidemic worse. Hope the three day weekend helps some from spreading it.
It would really make me mad when parents sent kids to school with a fever, but I gave them some Tylenol, ahhhhh!
Not supposed to come to school if they have had a fever within the last 24 hours.

DAMN THIEVES!

moles1138

moles1138

Schools are closed. Brother and his wife get ANOTHER snowday (He is sanding and refinishing the kitchen table).
Oogie is going home early.
My boss closed the home office at 1.
We're still here. Probably get 8 hours in and leave at 3:30 unless they tell us to go. Boss says he'll give us 3 more vacation hours if we stay.

Calgaltoal

[quote postid="7313178" user="moles1138"][/quote

Another one of moles’ headbangers! Betty Boop is going along with the beat!

kathleen1966

My green is showing....I keep going to put page numbers on the crap thread! (facepalm)

#LoVE

Calgaltoal

Calgaltoal

kathleen1966 wrote:My green is showing....I keep going to put page numbers on the crap thread! (facepalm)

Hey my buddy, hope your day will be better!

Three teeth, yow!
That is horrible!

I have to find a dentist but forget when my tooth is not bothering me!
I need to make myself notes to remember. Easy to forget what you dread!

Calgaltoal

NO MICK TO GET OUR FRIDAY STARTED! BOOOO!

kathleen1966

mbspell wrote:no worries, I know people pop in here and catch up when they can.

sorry it's such a rough week for you and the hubs.

amazing that the herceptin has worked so well and for so long! we are lucky to have so many fantastic medical schools and hospitals here.

It literally has been saving my life...there are women who started the first trial, where they basically see if it will kill anyone before they move on to the 2nd...and they are still alive. HER2 was a death sentence until Herceptin...Very happy we have the amazing teaching hospitals...I always let the students come in to learn. I told them ask me anything look anywhere you need to...and they did...so I hope I helped someone by doing that!

#LoVE

Calgaltoal

Oh no, think we might have a case of the flu here! Damn.
The mr came home with horrible cough yesterday, went straight to bed, I told son he was sick. Sounded like that flu cough!

He called and they are sending him home.
Son is not feeling well either, shit!

Guess I better make some...

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
Calgaltoal wrote:Oh no, think we might have a case of the flu here! Damn.
The mr came home with horroble cough yesterday, went straight to bed, I told son he was sick. Sounded like that flu cough!

He called and they are sending him home.
Son is not feeling well either, shit!

SHIT, CAL! Don't let that go...get them to the doc for some Tamiflu...please, oh please...I know no one wants to go to the doctor; they all say "Oh, I'll be fine"...but this damn flu is killing folks this year! We'd hate to see anything seriously bad happen to your loved ones. I know you'll keep a close eye on them, and make some good ol' chicken soup to help them feel better and stay hydrated.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

moles1138

kathleen1966 wrote:My green is showing....I keep going to put page numbers on the crap thread! (facepalm)

LOL! Keep doing it!