quality posts: 0 Private Messages PaisaTilin

iScared

faughtey

quality posts: 21 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

IPretty
IGinormous
IMaterialistic

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous

iKiss
iSex
iFornicate
iCondom

Bakawun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bakawun
MikelZ wrote:iDisappoint

I was really looking forward to an OSX tablet, not a giant iPod.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Perhaps the suggestion 'iDropAppleStock' was among the best.

I bet after seeing all this hate Steve Jobs is getting a pay cut ;). After all, there is NO target market for a device that doesn't do anything new. eReader people want something with an e-ink display, tablet you need an ACTUAL OS, not a phone OS--and you need multi-tasking, and you need to be able to install your own apps. People who want a tablet would be better off with a PC tablet. People who want a laptop or desktop should get a Mac. People who want an iPod, well get an iPod.

I mean I guess if anyone is looking for a big screen iPod for 3 times the price and with no additional features :/. Other than that though, I really wish Steve Jobs would stop and think before he did stuff like this. FAILURE. I REALLY hope this is a flop and Apple loses money. I'm a huge Apple fan, but this is TERRIBLE.

Bakawun

johnpdiddyo wrote:how bout the future. I want one so I can buy all my textbooks for school on it plus many more books. Who is going to buy a regular ereader when they can buy this.

Someone who doesn't want eye strain from staring at a backlit display for hundreds of pages of reading. If you want digital textbooks, spend slightly less money, and get a Kindle DX. I couldn't be happier with mine. I'm in college and when I read the eBooks on my computer my eyes KILLED. Now I've switched to the Kindle and it's heaven. It's like reading paper except that I don't have to carry the 95 pounds of textbooks. Plus I save roughly 600$ over new books per semester or 300$ over used books. Either way Kindle > iWishIWasARealTablet (iPad)

Bakawun

XenocideX wrote:iPadStevesWallet

AHAHAHAH so true

Bakawun

lafftur wrote:How about returning to the fruit riff?
iPie
iSauce
iCobbler

and my favorite:

iCandy

iCandy is good--specially because that is the ONLY good feature on the whole device. It doesn't actually have any significant or worthwhile functionality...

Bakawun

jaimemberartimus wrote:iAlreadyOwnAKindleANetbookAndASmartphoneSoWhyDoINeedThis

well said

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
Bakawun wrote:My thoughts EXACTLY.

Perhaps the suggestion 'iDropAppleStock' was among the best.

I bet after seeing all this hate Steve Jobs is getting a pay cut ;). After all, there is NO target market for a device that doesn't do anything new. eReader people want something with an e-ink display, tablet you need an ACTUAL OS, not a phone OS--and you need multi-tasking, and you need to be able to install your own apps. People who want a tablet would be better off with a PC tablet. People who want a laptop or desktop should get a Mac. People who want an iPod, well get an iPod.

I mean I guess if anyone is looking for a big screen iPod for 3 times the price and with no additional features :/. Other than that though, I really wish Steve Jobs would stop and think before he did stuff like this. FAILURE. I REALLY hope this is a flop and Apple loses money. I'm a huge Apple fan, but this is TERRIBLE.

Actually, I think this is what happens when Jobs is out with health problems, and so he can't be there to stop things like this and fire people for such cancellation ideas. Last time Jobs was gone, they came up with the Newton... and now the iPad. See the pattern?

Steve must not be allowed to take another day off, ever.

I speculated earlier that the other alternative is that this iPad is what AT&T submitted as their original iPhone concept. That could explain why the iPad only runs on their network. We should just be glad that they used his design for the iPhone, and not theirs - or all the fanboys would be carrying huge iPads around as phones...

What a steaming pile of nothing the iPad is...

yeknom1125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeknom1125

iOrphan. My dad's mac OSX, and he banged an iPhone. Now there's just me and all the surrounding female hygiene jokes

cynvision

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cynvision

iJitterTouch
imANookCopy
iHardOnTheEyes
iPictureframe
iNoCuttingEdgeStyle

But I wanted a nod to history (and didn't get):
Newton+

Come on! I've been listening to tech podcasts with the BOL and TwiT crew poking fun at the JuJu. ("I broke my JuJu! Who's going to fix my JuJu?!") Now they've got the iPad for content to bash. But which would you really want to tell your friends you have a in your book bag JuJu or a iPad?

Purely, the tech reviewers have no respect for any tablet because they can't describe how it "fits" with their lifestyle with a $500 smart phone, notebook and desktop. They should start thinking like real people without money to toss.

I do agree with the post about the Kindle and e-ink. I'm poised to get a Barnes & Noble Nook. They beat this iPad thing to the punch, in advance, and a better price.

susanrm

quality posts: 17 Private Messages susanrm

iCicle

What would be useful about it for me is traveling with presentations for my work. Even better than my little netbook that I hackintoshed. There will be video out for it - as long as they include LCD adapters.

I would also use it in the classroom to show web pages and videos to my students. I do think it will be quite useful. And hopefully it will be able to be jailbroken soon - I find that necessary to do what I want with my iPhone, including running apps in the background.

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012 x2

rcasey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcasey
mike2207 wrote:iSpruceGoose

nailed it... fly it once, and park it in a museum somewhere.

angel5180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angel5180

iPoop

Andyman62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andyman62

iNeedAnAdultSteveIsRapingMe

WootFlair

quality posts: 10 Private Messages WootFlair

iCaptain

...or iCUP

ftl900

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ftl900

i'mGullible

iFollower

mike2207

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mike2207

iMissed

mike2207

iSubmit

mike2207

iUnderestimated

The iPad was a great joke when it came out, and I had fun with it. But, it sure seems like Mr. Jobs is having the last laugh, with the sales they've had in the past year, and the rush by the other tech companies to get their tablets out to compete.

Wow, really didn't see that coming. I still don't have an iPad, just the iPocket, aka, iPod Touch.