WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen

My recipe was okay. Spiced well (I relied a lot on chipotle tabasco which worked out well), but the faux meat will never take in the flavors as well as beef or similar. In the future, I may still add my fake meat, but focus more on beans and other veggies to make it more a stew. I wasn't wholly unhappy, but as a vegetarian Texan- I was already setting myself up for breaking so many of the srs chili rules.

mommyleah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mommyleah

How fun! And tasty looking chili it is indeed! What I want to know is, what were the super awesome secret prizes? Hmmmmmm...................................

Possibly a Barrels of Crud (Bag o' Chili)!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
agingdragqueen wrote:My recipe was okay. Spiced well (I relied a lot on chipotle tabasco which worked out well), but the faux meat will never take in the flavors as well as beef or similar. In the future, I may still add my fake meat, but focus more on beans and other veggies to make it more a stew. I wasn't wholly unhappy, but as a vegetarian Texan- I was already setting myself up for breaking so many of the srs chili rules.

You might try marinating the f'meat in adobo and a bit of liquid smoke before putting it in the chili. Honestly, though, I think tempeh is the best substitute in situations like this.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
Gatzby wrote:You might try marinating the f'meat in adobo and a bit of liquid smoke before putting it in the chili. Honestly, though, I think tempeh is the best substitute in situations like this.

Seitan is also a delicious meat-free meat, although it will kill your gluten-free friends.