WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Welcome! Welcome! It's a whole new site! Say, tell us, how do you feel about buying technology here?
  • 26.8% - Wow, tech.woot? It's perfect! I buy something technological every day! At last, a place for ME! 778
  • 29.6% - Well, I do like tech... but I'm gonna have to see more about the prices. 857
  • 24.7% - You know, I'm sure the prices are fine. But it's the selection that'll make or break it for me. 716
  • 5.8% - See, I'm more of an impulse buyer. I'm looking for something exciting! Something I've never seen before! 169
  • 13.1% - I'm just here to figure out what color you guys chose this time. What is that? Teal? 379
2899 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

Sweeeeeet

bdecker202

quality posts: 20 Private Messages bdecker202

This is right up my alley.

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

There goes my budget!

wisenekt

quality posts: 30 Private Messages wisenekt

So is Woot admitting that they have lost the tech focus and needed another Woot site to address it? This is not going to be another MTV debacle is it?

psaux

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psaux

Woot was originally supposed to be tech ... so ...

double you tee eff, mate?

glindshops

quality posts: 2 Private Messages glindshops

Oh, dear! Dyson.wooot.com, here we come....

googletoolbar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages googletoolbar

Wow! Another ____________.woot.amazon.com

Cya guys. It's been fun. But srsly... You lost your angle.

*deletes bookmark*

ahhhhh freedom!

No seriously, you lost your geek focus. Go frakking sell your garbage like 1saleaday and stuff. :-/

*hindsight edit note:* the last refurb I bought from woot (in general) the stuff was D.O.A.

--<<^_^>>--

neyfam2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neyfam2000

Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

Raider9924

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raider9924

Teal.... I thought that local.woot already had teal covered.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

landfill1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landfill1

hopefully they leave this site for the cameras and tablets that waste the regular Woot pages time

hartseancar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hartseancar

Just another place to sell us a Roku Device!

deltanyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deltanyne
wisenekt wrote:So is Woot admitting that they have lost the tech focus and needed another Woot site to address it? This is not going to be another MTV debacle is it?

LOL,

No it's called Amazon wants to sell you more stuff, I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Amazon.woot" soon that just sends you to Amazon.com touting everyday deals. ;-)

...and to psaux, if they were originally supposed to be tech then why did it take them over 8 years to do it?

Sniff... Sniff... you smell that?

I thinks its an employee comment with a cheery "mate" at the end to confuse.

jareza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jareza
googletoolbar wrote:Wow! Another ____________.woot.amazon.com

*deletes bookmark*

ahhhhh freedom!

No seriously, you lost your geek focus. Go frakking sell your garbage like 1saleaday and stuff. :-/

As a woot veteran, I can really see woot missing its true nature...
first we had woot.... then we had sellout.woot,which was sponsored by yahoo then shirt (which is still cool) and wine.... ... then amazon bought woot and now we have woot, tech, home, sport, kids moofi....
COME ON YOU GUYS!
Deals are not THAT impressive as they were.. and now you are bombing the user with lots of products and THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO ADD A WOOT PLUS SECTION TO EACH PAGE? Whatever happened to one sale a day deal?
I guess this is what happens when you become a big company....
Well... it has been fun....but now im not that interested in staying up till midnight to see a super deal... because they are gone!

dipdac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dipdac

Well, like I said in the other thread, I can't wait till the next woot-off. Tech woot off could be awesome.

meestergud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages meestergud

I think tech and sport are good ideas, but ten woot sites? Eight is enough to fill our lives with love.

MeesterGud

ganome

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ganome
wisenekt wrote:So is Woot admitting that they have lost the tech focus and needed another Woot site to address it? This is not going to be another MTV debacle is it?

called it when they "upgraded" the site, its down hill from there on out

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
googletoolbar wrote:Wow! Another ____________.woot.amazon.com

*deletes bookmark*

ahhhhh freedom!

*hindsight edit note:* the last refurb I bought from woot (in general) the stuff was D.O.A.

Wait, we launch a techie site and we lost our geek focus?

I'm going to have to think on this one.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

ishoplive

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ishoplive

Well, I do like tech... but I'm gonna have to see more about the prices.

popegonzo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages popegonzo
Gatzby wrote:Wait, we launch a techie site and we lost our geek focus?

I'm going to have to think on this one.

I think he's saying that once upon a time, tech.woot.com and woot.com would have been considered redundant. Now they definitely are not. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I, for one, am curious when woot is going to be an extension of Amazon's lightning deals, and they just have a woot sale for every category on Amazon.

pippi224456

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pippi224456

So.....waiting on:

AndroidApp.Woot.com
BedBathAnd.Woot.com
Laptop.Woot.com
Camera.Woot.com
VidGames.Woot.com

And

DollarStore.Woot.com!!!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

All the tech guys whined that woot was selling too many non-tech things, and now there's complaints that woot has lost their focus, because there is a tech.woot? Huh?

Woot was ALWAYS about selling stuff that some store or company was trying to get rid off. Period. Sometimes it was tech stuff, sometimes housewares and sometimes leakfrogs. Now there will always be some tech stuff for sale, so stop fussing.

It will be interesting to see what the main woot site will be selling. I'm surprised that they didn't put the Pyrex on home.woot, but it's their store. I do miss all the chocolate and cheese that used to come up on wine.woot, so I hope a food.woot will show up soon!

arj8138

quality posts: 7 Private Messages arj8138

basically what I thought. Wasnt woot classic mainly tech items? so whats the purpose of main woot now if its just going to be like sellout....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 926 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mjc613 wrote:All the tech guys whined that woot was selling too many non-tech things, and now there's complaints that woot has lost their focus, because there is a tech.woot? Huh?

Woot was ALWAYS about selling stuff that some store or company was trying to get rid off. Period. Sometimes it was tech stuff, sometimes housewares and sometimes leakfrogs. Now there will always be some tech stuff for sale, so stop fussing.

It will be interesting to see what the main woot site will be selling. I'm surprised that they didn't put the Pyrex on home.woot, but it's their store. I do miss all the chocolate and cheese that used to come up on wine.woot, so I hope a food.woot will show up soon!

You are correct in your explanation of woot. Nice job and thank you.

Woot has and will continue to be the best deal of the day. It might be something from tech, home, kids, sport, etc. Best. Deal. Period.

Holiday Returns Policy Check out our new FLASH DEALS
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

billmon1170

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billmon1170

Here's and idea: GunWoot.com

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

You know what they should do in my opinion, not that it matters.

I am ok with the branches if they offer good deals on good stuff.

What would keep it more in line with the heritage of woot is the the following were reserved for woot.com:

• New launches
  • Crazy deals
  • Odd products

This would keep the whiners content that deals are no longer good deals anymore, just average deals.... which I am ok with on the other sites.

You could use this as a selling feature as well. Woot.com could be your price leader to draw people in and then lure people in to buying stuff from your branch sites. In my opinion, this is how shirt.woot.com became successful.

If you just keep throwing whatever you want on woot.com, and they are not great deals, you are going to lose your uniqueness which is the death of a niche site such as yourselves.

klacour

quality posts: 20 Private Messages klacour

And you still 'dis the watch lovers ... Watch.woot.com

A woot minion since 2006 ...

stacvand

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stacvand
glindshops wrote:Oh, dear! Dyson.wooot.com, here we come....

lol. I feel the same way

jmcgill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmcgill

Me like! Especially the teal.

mikebbass

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mikebbass

Hells to the Yes!!!!! tech.woot its what Darth Vader would have wanted

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Bags Of Crap
  1. Crappos 07/12/2016
  2. Bag o' Crap #1+2: Latrina 01/04/2016
  3. Have you Gotten a 2016 Crap? 01/27/2016
  4. Almost the Last Crap of the Year 12/29/2015
  5. Crap, I'm Stuffed 11/26/2015
  6. The Haunted Crap 10/28/2015
  7. Bureau of the Craps 7/14/2015
  8. The Craps of Hazard 5/27/2015
  9. The Wind Craps Mary 5/12/2015
  10. Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Craps 2/11/2015
  11. the-big-crap-theory 1/20/2015
  12. 10,000 Craps Under the Sea 11/29/2014
  13. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  14. Bounty of Crapo-Primo 7/11/2014
  15. (Hand)Bounty of Crapo-Primo 3/23/2014
  16. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  17. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  18. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  19. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  20. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  21. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  22. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  23. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  24. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  25. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  26. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  27. Bounty of Crapo-Primo 03/22/12
  28. Bounty of Crapo-Primo 01/19/12
  29. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  30. Bounty of Crapo-Primo 12/06/11
  31. Bounty of Crapo-Primo 11/09/11
  32. Bounty of Crapo-Primo 07/12/11
  33. Bounty of Crapo-Primo 06/15/11
  34. Random Crap 09/22/10
  35. Random Crap 08/20/10
  36. Random Crap 04/14/10
  37. Random Crap 01/28/10
  38. Random Crap 09/24/08
  39. Random Crap 04/01/08

andrewtl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages andrewtl
ThunderThighs wrote:You are correct in your explanation of woot. Nice job and thank you.

Woot has and will continue to be the best deal of the day. It might be something from tech, home, kids, sport, etc. Best. Deal. Period.

you said 'deal' (singular). woot no longer is that. and therin lies the problem.

pfffft!

dcdjason

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dcdjason

Glad to have more options to feed my addiction. Love the teal.

akenmaat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akenmaat

Given the gradual shift away from tech stuff on the main page, I'm all for a tech page. But you gotta quit it with the refurb stuff. At least tone it down anyway. I'm not ever buying refurb. Ever.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
ThunderThighs wrote:You are correct in your explanation of woot. Nice job and thank you.

Glad to help out Does this mean free shipping for life? ;)

enigmachick

quality posts: 7 Private Messages enigmachick

This is too much. Actually too much two channels ago, and this is the final stomp into the dust. Well, I can certainly use this as a case study for my students.

No. That's not me.

CosmicDaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CosmicDaddy
neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

Haha. Funny and true!

LTGiants2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LTGiants2000

"Hi, welcome to our newest site woot.woot.com! Where you can woot all the best woots that have wooted woot since the woot was wooted in woot!"

....no sure I understand this new direction. Not sure I like it....

DemonMF777

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DemonMF777

Sorry woot! You guys jumped the shark long ago...

syninthecity

quality posts: 10 Private Messages syninthecity

why not just be honest: tablet/roku woot.

i can't complain too much, i've gotten three rokus and a tablet frrom you.

honestly i may delete all my woot bookmarks EXCEPT tech woot.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
syninthecity wrote:honestly i may delete all my woot bookmarks EXCEPT tech woot.

Well fortunately the layout makes it friendly enough to get to the other sites. Glad to hear you're enjoying it though!

I'm just hanging out, really.