PemberDucky wrote:welcome! here are some things to know:
1. from here on out, you're an expert on all things. doesn't matter if you actually have any extensive history in a given topic...you're officially superior to all.
2. we are desperate for attention. we like it when you discuss & engage. click all the tabs at the top of the page. come play in all the forums. buy all the bacon coffins, or dysons, or shirts, or wine, or whatever we're selling. buy it all NOW!!
3. we have some writers who sometimes say funny things here.
4. we also have this site for community-sourced deals. it's a little different over there.
5. it helps to be sardonic.
6. there's an FAQ page for you to ignore.
7. staff members (like me, but usually harder-working) are omnipresent. if you have questions or concerns about anything in the whole wide world, we'll always do what we can to address the issue.
8. seriously, don't take anything here seriously.
9. sometimes we have woot-offs. (not technically today.)
essentially we try to unload everything in stock onto you guys by lowering the price to some ridiculous level. we frequently sell our signature "bag of crap" during woot-offs. those things are popular. it gets pretty crazy when those are up.
10. i forgot what i was going to write here.
1-4. Agree. 5. Thanks for the new word for the vocabulary. 6. is a backwards way of saying "read this."
7. Might be better if you were omniscient too,... scratch that.
8. Explains what I've been doing wrong all along.
9. The price is often the same, but sometimes lower. Woot often features previous sale items in smaller quantities during the woot-off, but will pull in some items that they may have never sold before. They also sell some items only seen during woot-offs (like "Todd's Dirt Seasoning"--use the custom search box above to look this up).
10. Doesn't matter, we're here for you.
11. Items you'll never see sold on Woot: Roombas/Neatos, Invicta watches (scratch that), Dysons, Apple accessory products, HP computers, Vizio TV's, Oomas, Neatdesk scanners, Vornado Fans, Little Giant ladders, Optoma projectors, Sling Box devices, screaming monkeys (go ahead and look it up), Centon data sticks, any tablets, Eye-Fi memory cards, Rokus, Razer headsets/mice, Uniden phones, Zmodo security cameras, Pyrex products, Altec Lansing speakers, JVC video cameras, Kodak digital cameras, Klipsch speakers, CyberPower products, etc.
12. The more comments there are, either the better the product or the more entertaining the flame war (dental cleaning pics and batteries seem to draw the comments like flies).
13. Ken Jennings actually pops up here weekly. See what you think about his Debunker column.
14. See my signature for other links of use.
15. Ignore all of the above, since I don't know what I'm talking about.
Bye. Sorry-went too far off topic.