WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Down Alternative Comforters-5 Colors

"...We fuel despotism and corruption abroad with our insatiable hunger for down. We should be making clean, job-creating down right here, and stop importing it from our enemies. We must research 'down alternatives' that will -- oh, there's already alternative down? Huh."

johnt007871

quality posts: 12 Private Messages johnt007871

anyone have these?

fridayrs

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fridayrs
johnt007871 wrote:anyone have these?

I don't but these look close. The fill weight is a little different but might give you an idea.
http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Egyptian-Cotton-320-Thread-Count-Down-Alternative-Comforter/4661185/product.html

mflatau

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mflatau
johnt007871 wrote:anyone have these?

I do not have this exact one, but by no means are these things anything like having actual down. They are lightweight like down, but not anywhere near the warmth of down.

Patspeer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patspeer

So you don't want to buy Down from overseas? Did you look at where this was made? Yup CHINA...last time I checked that's overseas!

funnykel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funnykel

Yeah Woot!!!!! Down alternative is awesome and not hurting those poor birds. Thank you for listening to your consumers!

richard4339

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richard4339

Does anybody have any idea how these might compare to the Company Store warmth levels? I see the king has 48 ounces, but I'm not sure how that compares.

http://www.thecompanystore.com/FAQ%27s/guide-comforters-faq,default,pg.html?fdid=comforter-guide

jsmith6874

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsmith6874

In for 1.

I'll let you guys know when I get them :-/

Woots--> 3

isralsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isralsky

Not a deal, just go to ikea..

figgan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages figgan
Patspeer wrote:So you don't want to buy Down from overseas? Did you look at where this was made? Yup CHINA...last time I checked that's overseas!

zhanne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhanne

"...We fuel despotism and corruption abroad with our insatiable hunger for down. We should be making clean, job-creating down right here, and stop importing it from our enemies. We must research 'down alternatives' that will -- oh, there's already alternative down? Huh."...

Made in China... rofl

Woody1

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Woody1

If there is any culture I WOULD TRUST with making down comforters it would be China. They eat the meat like we do chicken. Feathers should go to make something. Give China a pass on this one as we send our used plastic drink bottles there, to make this alternative junk.

900+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't

manatee21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manatee21

I have one - it is not even warm enough for Southern California winters! Wild be a good summer comforter, but for now we have 2 other blankets on the bed. Love color, just wish it were warmer.

LaKASkill

quality posts: 34 Private Messages LaKASkill

The wife has been wanting one of these. In for 1.

funnsun34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funnsun34

Still waiting on mine. Ordered on the 1st, suppose to be here on the 11th. Snailmail