WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Veho Cameras and WiFi Keyboards

Ever wonder what your computer feels like having so many cords coming out of it? We can't imagine it feels good, so we've got some wireless electronic doodads for you and your computer. Free your PC of all those weighty cables, and then you can take a picture of your gloriously clutter-free desk with a new wireless camera. Hint hint.

extraelec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages extraelec

Will this work with the Tivo Premier. ?

beladog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages beladog

If u don't care about the waterproof case this is just as fast, same housing and only $12
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__13987__Turnigy_30FPS_Ultra_Mini_DigiCam_without_memory_card_.html

michaelliott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelliott

What is the depth of the waterproof case with the camera in it?

michaelliott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelliott

Never-mind, I see it now.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 59 Private Messages PocketBrain

I'm not really sure what I would do with it, but I really want the keyboard/gamepad!

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

the keyboard and gamepad is selling for $120 on amazon. only got 3 reviews on there and they weren't great.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

lwang

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lwang

Does any of these video cameras have underwater white balance mode?

Also, what is the field of view underwater?

NocturnalOne

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NocturnalOne

The picture shows a diver with the camera on a handgrip with light of some sort. It appears these are not part of the 1080p camera deal? Can these parts be bought separately?

Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to show the camera with only accessories that are included in the package? Maybe mounted on a bike or helmet?

enktwiss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enktwiss

Why not? In for one of the HD cams, great reviews over at B&H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/882640-REG/veho_vcc_005_muvi_hdnpng_VCC_005_MUVI_HD_NPNG_Special.html#costumerReview

as for the photo, looks like he's using a gorillapod light:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=joby+gorillapod+light&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ta&Top+Nav-Search=

Great thing about these is they come with everything you need.

enktwiss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enktwiss
lwang wrote:Does any of these video cameras have underwater white balance mode?

Also, what is the field of view underwater?

According to the manufacturer it has a 160° field of view and auto white balance (Probably not the best underwater).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/882640-REG/veho_vcc_005_muvi_hdnpng_VCC_005_MUVI_HD_NPNG_Special.html

nebllav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nebllav
luke975 wrote:the keyboard and gamepad is selling for $120 on amazon. only got 3 reviews on there and they weren't great.

Its the same as this one which also has a video review

http://www.amazon.com/Cideko-Keyboard-Conqueror-PlayStation-3-6306200/dp/B0067G55YW/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

luke975

nebllav wrote:Its the same as this one which also has a video review

http://www.amazon.com/Cideko-Keyboard-Conqueror-PlayStation-3-6306200/dp/B0067G55YW/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

It looks the same, although it has a different name. Did you notice that several of the 5 star reviews came from the amazon vine program? Wonder what the same people would say had they actually had to pay for it.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

veho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veho
PocketBrain wrote:I'm not really sure what I would do with it, but I really want the keyboard/gamepad!

@PocketBrain The MIMI Air keyboard/Mouse is great for PC gaming, is compatable with PS3 but is also great for home media PC's. Because its 2.4Ghz wireless your PC can be stored away in a cabinet (out of sight). Its also a great business tool for presentations and trainers who want to work remotely from the projector or laptop. We love the gyro mouse which in essence just means using the keyboard as a wireless pointer.

We hope that helps

veho

beladog wrote:If u don't care about the waterproof case this is just as fast, same housing and only $12
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__13987__Turnigy_30FPS_Ultra_Mini_DigiCam_without_memory_card_.html

@beladog This is actually a bad Chinese ripoff of the original Veho VCC-003 MUVI and it has been shutdown pretty much all over world. There are plenty of differences between this and the cameras WOOT are selling currently, not just the waterproof capability. No memory included, No mounting options, poor battery life, poor video quality, Chinglish instructions. No FCC cert, No RhOs Cert, No CE cert. Its $15 afterall!

veho

Veho are here to help with questions on these 4 products. Don't be shy now

rpbusby

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rpbusby
NocturnalOne wrote:The picture shows a diver with the camera on a handgrip with light of some sort. It appears these are not part of the 1080p camera deal? Can these parts be bought separately?

Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to show the camera with only accessories that are included in the package? Maybe mounted on a bike or helmet?

They are indeed separate, made by a different manufacturer. They usually cost somewhere between 100-500 depending on the quality of the video light you want. (In underwater photography, having a nice light or two is more important than having a nice camera.) Most scuba shops sell them.

This is the one we currently use for SWMBO's gopro: http://www.uwkinetics.com/products/uk-pro-pov-black-pak#.UTYQY9a-pf5

mreynolds179

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179

I'm wondering how well the basic keyboard and air mouse would work with my Rasberry Pi xbmc setup. It would only take up one usb port.

gregbowman

quality posts: 45 Private Messages gregbowman

For ~$40 delivered you can get a 640x480 SD waterproof camera on Amazon, search for DBcam. I've owned both and like the cheaper camera better. They're basically the same with minor manufacturing differences / adjustments to make them appear dissimilar. Make sure you get a good copy - send it back if it isn't performing, some of these are crap - others really shine. You can get some great footage from these little cameras, especially in bright sunlight. My son uses his on the slopes and loves it. Plus, if you lose a $40 camera it doesn't have the same sting like losing a GoPro.

As for the Muvi HD cam, I've owned it too - it was for sale at 1saleaday recently . . . it's crap compared to a GoPro, terrible color, it doesn't do well in low light and the case is very prone to fogging - audio is sub-par. You'll hate it at anything other than 720p and the remote blows. I'd avoid at all costs. If you pay close attention to their promo video you can see many of the camera's shortcomings - including an instance of fogging. Not a good deal for your money, IMHO.

lwang

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lwang
enktwiss wrote:According to the manufacturer it has a 160° field of view and auto white balance (Probably not the best underwater).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/882640-REG/veho_vcc_005_muvi_hdnpng_VCC_005_MUVI_HD_NPNG_Special.html

that's above water field of view. What is the below water's field of view. That of course would depend on whether it has a flat port or dome port.

malikye

quality posts: 2 Private Messages malikye
gregbowman wrote:As for the Muvi HD cam, I've owned it too - it was for sale at 1saleaday recently . . . it's crap compared to a GoPro, terrible color, it doesn't do well in low light and the case is very prone to fogging - audio is sub-par. You'll hate it at anything other than 720p and the remote blows. I'd avoid at all costs. If you pay close attention to their promo video you can see many of the camera's shortcomings - including an instance of fogging. Not a good deal for your money, IMHO.

i did purchase it from 1saleaday recently. i'm waiting for it to ship still. i read/watched alot of reviews on it on youtube, and i thought for the price, it was worth it - at least i hope it will be worth it. i purchased a car mount (suction mount). i don't plan to do alot of extreme sports, so most of the time, i'll use it while i drive my commute.

as far as GoPro go, i heard horrible stuff about the Black edition, like freezes and constant restarts. the silver one works better than black, i guess. but the GoPro silver cost twice as much - not including the LCD screen or a remote. Plus, the reviews i read/saw on youtube with the comparison of the Muvi HD cam to the GoPro - you can't really tell the difference in video quality.

Sound doesn't matter to me. once i put my video together, i plan to put music over the video anyways. the better "action shots" on youtube all have music and not the actual sounds playing. hopefully, i'll be happy with my purchase. i hope they ship it soon. it's been over a week already since i ordered it from 1saleaday.

luke975

malikye wrote:i did purchase it from 1saleaday recently. i'm waiting for it to ship still. i read/watched alot of reviews on it on youtube, and i thought for the price, it was worth it - at least i hope it will be worth it. i purchased a car mount (suction mount). i don't plan to do alot of extreme sports, so most of the time, i'll use it while i drive my commute.

as far as GoPro go, i heard horrible stuff about the Black edition, like freezes and constant restarts. the silver one works better than black, i guess. but the GoPro silver cost twice as much - not including the LCD screen or a remote. Plus, the reviews i read/saw on youtube with the comparison of the Muvi HD cam to the GoPro - you can't really tell the difference in video quality.

Sound doesn't matter to me. once i put my video together, i plan to put music over the video anyways. the better "action shots" on youtube all have music and not the actual sounds playing. hopefully, i'll be happy with my purchase. i hope they ship it soon. it's been over a week already since i ordered it from 1saleaday.

good luck with 1saleaday. a couple things I bought from them were listed as new but arrived in a condition other than new. and they take forever to ship generally.

NocturnalOne

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NocturnalOne
rpbusby wrote:They are indeed separate, made by a different manufacturer.

So really that picture should be removed and replaced with someone using the camera as it's being sold, no extra accessories.

Instead it suggests this sale includes:

- dive light
- bar for mounting camera
- flex arm for mounting light on bar

A picture of a guy/gal on a mountain bike with this thing mounted on a helmet would have been more appropriate.

Thinkerer

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Thinkerer

The VCC-005 is the same price on Amazon, with free shipping.

Jason7790

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jason7790
Thinkerer wrote:The VCC-005 is the same price on Amazon, with free shipping.

I think you're looking at the regular edition. This is for the No Proof No Glory version. It includes the waterproof case, among a couple other items

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
NocturnalOne wrote:So really that picture should be removed and replaced with someone using the camera as it's being sold, no extra accessories.

Instead it suggests this sale includes:

- dive light
- bar for mounting camera
- flex arm for mounting light on bar

A picture of a guy/gal on a mountain bike with this thing mounted on a helmet would have been more appropriate.

Sure, but then you'd complain because it didn't come with guy/girl, helmet, and bike. ;)
I personally like the potential use situations depicted. They do clearly say what comes with it on the main product page.