WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

iGourmet Meat & Cheese Assortments

You can only fool yourself so many times into thinking that unsalted pretzels are a legitimate snack for entertaining friends. With these heaps of meat, cheese, and truffles, however, you'll be set to entertain whoever and whatever walks through the door. Unless you're feeding a group of pigs -- that might be a bit awkward.

pressmenot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pressmenot

Note to self - Maybe I shouldn't peruse this type of offering on a lunch break.

Soooo very tempting...

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

I think that anyone who cannot get to a local Costco, Trader Joe's, World Market, Whole Foods, or other supermarket or deli, should definitely buy one or more of these meat and cheese assortments!

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman
mdnorman wrote:I think that anyone who cannot get to a local Costco, Trader Joe's, World Market, Whole Foods, or other supermarket or deli, should definitely buy one or more of these meat and cheese assortments!

I changed my mind. I didn't realize that some[?] of these offers include a signature cheese serving knife, or a cheese cleaver.

Nesher

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Nesher

My wife got me iGourmet's Cheese of the Month for Christmas last year. The cheeses are very good, very unusual ( to me, anyway). Kerrygold is pretty easy to find in most good supermarkets, but the others are a bit more exotic.

The cheeses arrive in a styrofoam container, with a freezer pack inside, then each cheese is in its own packet. No problems with freshness or spoilage at all.

My favorite part is that each month, they send a little newsletter, describing the cheese, where it comes from, how it's made, etc.

iGourmet is a little pricy, but I think worth it.

RV617

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RV617

So I'm assuming iGourmet is compatible with my Apple products.

amosdudley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amosdudley

Ah. I remember when Woot.com stocked good deals, instead of the gourmet cheeses and $700 televisions they seem to be peddling now.

Talk about brand dilution.

squaros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squaros
amosdudley wrote:Ah. I remember when Woot.com stocked good deals, instead of the gourmet cheeses and $700 televisions they seem to be peddling now.

Ahh... Are you talking about all the sweet deals back in summer 2011? It was so CRAZY back then. Am I right?

dhomstad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dhomstad

I actually applaud Woot pushing forward with this type of product.
They should have put this on the wine page though.

On the other hand, all of these "deals" seem a little expensive. $50 for 3 types of cheese, 2 types of meet, and a few crackers. Give me a wider selection of cheese (less than 8 ounces is perfectly fine with me).

For the record, this is coming from the perspective of a person who buys 1 small block of gourmet cheese each week from places like Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, or your normal Rainbow Foods up in MN.

amosdudley wrote:Ah. I remember when Woot.com stocked good deals, instead of the gourmet cheeses and $700 televisions they seem to be peddling now.

daniel M Homstad

paranoid56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paranoid56

wow, super fast shipment, ordered i on monday and had it wednesday. thats a record for woot lol. so far these items taste very very good :D

raslak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raslak

Oh boy, but wait.......

Got my shipment today and after getting home and doing inventory there were a few changes.

1. No Caramelized Onions Cheddar, but Tickler Cheddar with Red Onions instead.

2. No Red Leaf Cheddar, but Barbers 1833 Vintage Reserve Cheddar instead.

All others present and accounted for.

Lets crack open the wine and start this puppy!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 909 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

raslak wrote:Oh boy, but wait.......

Got my shipment today and after getting home and doing inventory there were a few changes.

1. No Caramelized Onions Cheddar, but Tickler Cheddar with Red Onions instead.

2. No Red Leaf Cheddar, but Barbers 1833 Vintage Reserve Cheddar instead.

All others present and accounted for.

Lets crack open the wine and start this puppy!

Ruh-roh. Be sure to contact support@woot.com about the mixed up items.

TT's Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items