Back to Amazon.com

julieliu129


quality posts: 1 Private Messages julieliu129

Sorry but this is really DUMB. The $5 all day shipping was much much much much better. Because it now means as with before I would keep buying in the day, I wouldn't anymore because I would have to pay for extra shipping and let's be honest... if I have to pay $5 shipping on a $20 bluetooth speaker, I wouldn't buy it anymore. You have stuff that's under $10 as well and those are also out the window in purchases. That's just too bad. Before I could shop in peace and buy one at a time but end up with 5-10 things a day (like I do on zulily) but now, it's plan carefully. If it's not something that I HAVE TO HAVE, no more impulse purchases. I can always wait another day to see if something else I like and if so, then maybe I'll go back to the old thing I liked and add it to cart. If not, oh well. I guess it saves me money by not BUYING at all! But bad for woot right??? You're supposed to be about impulse purchases!

golncor


quality posts: 2 Private Messages golncor

would be better during wootoff, if customer selected put in cart, than you can pay for each item as it is added so you win/get what you want without shipping and then when done with purchases/wootoff, customer can open cart and go through the shipping function and then it would be possible to just have a single $5 shipping charge..

namzaps


quality posts: 9 Private Messages namzaps

Maybe late better than never but I want to chime in my disappointment at losing the $5 all day / woot-off shipping.

-JCH

guffone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages guffone

Disappointing now that you have to pay shipping on all orders during a Woot Off. I myself would have bought more but not now that it will cost every time I purchase in a 24hr period.

bsmith1


quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1
guffone wrote:Disappointing now that you have to pay shipping on all orders during a Woot Off. I myself would have bought more but not now that it will cost every time I purchase in a 24hr period.



The problem is Woot might sell an item for $20 and only make $5 on the sale due to their low, low prices. If you get all day free shipping then they make no money on the transaction cuz they have to pay to ship the item. (not to mention the salary of all employees listing the item, packing it, shipping and so forth) They might lose money on a transaction! And we're not even talking about the 60" tvs they ship for $5.
I don't think they really considered woot-offs when they announced the all-day $5 promotion. I know SOME people really exploited it buying all the $0.99 items after unlocking free shipping just to make woot go broke.
The shopping cart and all the plus sales ("carty favors") are a good compromise. Load your cart with the side sale stuff you want and wait for a good woot-off item.


Edit: again I think people forget how, for years and years, it used to be $5 shipping for every single item. The cart option, compared to that, is awesome.

akb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages akb

This is sad news for me. No more carefree WootOff shopping. I've already decided against a couple of items during today's WootOff because of the shipping charges, and I can't see how that does either Woot or me any good (well, it does me good because that's a lot of extra money I didn't spend, I guess).

bsmith1


quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1
akb wrote:This is sad news for me. No more carefree WootOff shopping. I've already decided against a couple of items during today's WootOff because of the shipping charges, and I can't see how that does either Woot or me any good (well, it does me good because that's a lot of extra money I didn't spend, I guess).



Does woot good because they don't lose money shipping a $.99 item for free. I think the issue was those small items people would just keep tacking on after they unlocked free shipping. Even if it only costs $2 to ship my $.99 bacon salt, they still would lose money.
Just browse all the plus sales and load up your cart while you wait for something good to come along in the woot-off.

Minions


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Minions
bsmith1 wrote:Does woot good because they don't lose money shipping a $.99 item for free. I think the issue was those small items people would just keep tacking on after they unlocked free shipping. Even if it only costs $2 to ship my $.99 bacon salt, they still would lose money.
Just browse all the plus sales and load up your cart while you wait for something good to come along in the woot-off.



They could combine shipping between all items and ship them in 1 box... (for your bacon salt problem). I have not participated in any wootoffs since the change came into affect. I was tempted but unable to justify the purchases after the change. Unfortunately the cart idea just fails completely during wootoffs. It is fine for normal days though.

bklynesq


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bklynesq

SERIOUSLY don't sell it out of my cart while I'm giving you the right frigging address again because you are seriously frigging questioning whether you know my address better than I do. You seriously accepted the address for billing purposes but you want to question me for shipping purposes. Seriously if we were in a grocery store and you reached for something in my cart I'd....... A polite store manager would never do that without asking me "Are you buying that Sir?" before ripping it out of my cart. SERIOUSLY your monkey has no manners

therealjrn


quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn
bklynesq wrote:SERIOUSLY don't sell it out of my cart while I'm giving you the right frigging address again because you are seriously frigging questioning whether you know my address better than I do. You seriously accepted the address for billing purposes but you want to question me for shipping purposes. Seriously if we were in a grocery store and you reached for something in my cart I'd....... A polite store manager would never do that without asking me "Are you buying that Sir?" before ripping it out of my cart. SERIOUSLY your monkey has no manners


Seriously?

wajeremy


quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

bklynesq wrote:SERIOUSLY don't sell it out of my cart while I'm giving you the right frigging address again because you are seriously frigging questioning whether you know my address better than I do. You seriously accepted the address for billing purposes but you want to question me for shipping purposes. Seriously if we were in a grocery store and you reached for something in my cart I'd....... A polite store manager would never do that without asking me "Are you buying that Sir?" before ripping it out of my cart. SERIOUSLY your monkey has no manners



Oh man. Yes, we have this plugin thing we bought from a company that validates addresses. Believe it or not, it actually does help more than it hurts and has saved many a customer from their package going to the wrong Springfield and so on. But in this case it looks like it was more annoying than helpful - like Clippy of old.

The other problem is a LOT of people just leave stuff in their carts forever and then we lose our window to sell it, as most of our prices are short term agreements with our vendors (ok you can sell it at that price, but only on Tuesdays). But we can likely make it a little friendlier with some nudges and tweaks. Got your feedback and will see if there’s any options to make the monkeys less grabby!

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar