WootBot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Mr. Potato Head

What many of you youngins don't realize is, back in the day, you had to supply your own potato to enjoy the full fun potential of a Mr. Potato Head. And what happened when a potato was not readily available? Mr. Banana Head? Mr. Butternut Squash Head? Mr. Parsnip Head? The possibilities are endless.

schwiemj


quality posts: 1 Private Messages schwiemj

I was looking at the Specs on the "Wolverine Mr. Potato Head" and notice that it says in the box is one "Batman Mr. Potato Head". I checked a few others and that was the only one I saw that was incorrect.

johnt007871


quality posts: 12 Private Messages johnt007871

It's strange seeing my beard on the Cowardly Lion.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 907 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

schwiemj wrote:I was looking at the Specs on the "Wolverine Mr. Potato Head" and notice that it says in the box is one "Batman Mr. Potato Head". I checked a few others and that was the only one I saw that was incorrect.


Thanks for catching that. I'll let 'em know.



TT's Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cjjssw


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjjssw

Are these the same size as the regular potato head? Can I mix and match his parts with these?

jse1988


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jse1988

I would like to know also if these are the same style as the traditional PH. The body seems glossy and does not appear to be the traditional size and material...curious

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 907 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Looks like Mr & Mrs PH got an update in the last couple years. From Wikipedia:

Since 2011, new models of the Mr. Potato Head toys, commonly referred to as Jason, have been produced. The Mrs. Potato Head version of the toy was also brought out in early 2012, commonly known as Rachel, and has a baked bean-like head.


As to fit with other PH's, the spud measurements are on our specs page.



TT's Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 57 Private Messages dernst_ca1

I like the floating monkey - dont recall seeing him before

-JMHSRV











emschelle


quality posts: 5 Private Messages emschelle

I just bought one of these (Thor, in particular)for a gift a week ago (dangit), but I can say I was surprised at how small they are relative to what I remember Mr. Potato Head being, they're something like 2/3 normal Mr. Potato Head size. Perhaps because the parts aren't meant to go back inside? Do these have the...trunk space like the original model? I can't tell without opening the box.

PowerPosture


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PowerPosture

Do these actually have separate pieces that you can insert and mix around or is it all one piece?

mthoodrue


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mthoodrue

Haha! When doing tech support (a decade ago, now) my desk was filled with different Mr. Potato Head's. People used to get them as gifts for me... miss those days.

bostonbudz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bostonbudz

Oh rachele how I miss you. Its too bad you have shrank in size since the original model. Still cool though!

phooka13


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phooka13

HAHAHA the tin man eyes and nose!
Once you see it...

wisenekt


quality posts: 30 Private Messages wisenekt
emschelle wrote:I just bought one of these (Thor, in particular)for a gift a week ago (dangit), but I can say I was surprised at how small they are relative to what I remember Mr. Potato Head being, they're something like 2/3 normal Mr. Potato Head size. Perhaps because the parts aren't meant to go back inside? Do these have the...trunk space like the original model? I can't tell without opening the box.



I have bought from their line that includes the football players and there is no trunk space. The new Mr. Potato Heads in general are designed to be more like desk toys for adults than toys for small children so the pieces can be a little smaller.

mtneer70mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtneer70mom

Ok thank you, when I tell my kids we had to use real potatos they look at me like I told them we walked to school uphill both ways.

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 82 Private Messages daveinwarshington

So... You put the pieces on a fake plastic potato?

Can you still put them on a real potato like you are supposed to???

emilyb0902


quality posts: 36 Private Messages emilyb0902

Dorothy is carrying PoToto (Tato?) in her basket!

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 197 Private Messages ROGETRAY
emilyb0902 wrote:Dorothy is carrying PoToto (Tato?) in her basket!



wwtsang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwtsang

is there a difference between the star trek 2-pack and the rest? that one lists condition as new and the rest don't have that specification

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 197 Private Messages ROGETRAY
wwtsang wrote:is there a difference between the star trek 2-pack and the rest? that one lists condition as new and the rest don't have that specification



Good eye! I'm sure if Mr. Potato Head could loan you an eye, you wouldn't need it!

I'll ping staff about the error, but more than likely they're all new and the rest of the sales were specified as such.

I'll post here with any updates/news from staff members.

Thanks for the spot!

wwtsang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwtsang
ROGETRAY wrote:Good eye! I'm sure if Mr. Potato Head could loan you an eye, you wouldn't need it!

I'll ping staff about the error, but more than likely they're all new and the rest of the sales were specified as such.

I'll post here with any updates/news from staff members.

Thanks for the spot!



thanks one more follow up for the star trek 2 pack will we randomly get the kirk or spock combo?

specs show:
In the Box:

(1) Star Trek Mr. Potato Head 2-Pack - Captain Kirk and Klingon Kor

~ OR ~

(1) Star Trek Mr. Potato Head 2-Pack - Commander Spock and Lt. Uhura

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 197 Private Messages ROGETRAY
wwtsang wrote:thanks one more follow up for the star trek 2 pack will we randomly get the kirk or spock combo?

specs show:
In the Box:

(1) Star Trek Mr. Potato Head 2-Pack - Captain Kirk and Klingon Kor

~ OR ~

(1) Star Trek Mr. Potato Head 2-Pack - Commander Spock and Lt. Uhura



Okay...so you have TWO very clever eyes!

Thanks again for noticing the issue. The information in the sale should be changed/correct now.

ssand23


quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23
PowerPosture wrote:Do these actually have separate pieces that you can insert and mix around or is it all one piece?



I am wondering this as well. Thank you!

firebirdude


quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Does the wicked witch actually melt like in the picture? Or must I add my own microwave?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 907 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

firebirdude wrote:Does the wicked witch actually melt like in the picture? Or must I add my own microwave?


Microwave not included. She comes in her pre-melted state as show on the sale page.



TT's Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items