WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Cat Furniture & Pet Beds

If there's one thing to know about cats, it's that they're very choosy about what they lay on. Like, you can't just throw a clean shirt on the bed and expect them to curl up there for a sound sleep. You need special furniture, like this stuff!

Shipping Note: Too Late for Christmas

santamonicaandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santamonicaandy

To late for Hannuka too.

cymbalmonkey

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cymbalmonkey

If I had a cat, their Christmas would be ruined by not getting any of these on time. My hypothetical cat's face as it realizes it isn't getting anything on Christmas morning would be heartbreaking.

theco2

quality posts: 132 Private Messages theco2
cymbalmonkey wrote:If I had a cat, their Christmas would be ruined by not getting any of these on time. My hypothetical cat's face as it realizes it isn't getting anything on Christmas morning would be heartbreaking.

tobakett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobakett

Regarding Armarkat 62-Inch Cat Tree, Model B6203:

I have this exact model for my two cats who weigh 12 and 17 lbs last year for Christmas. They LAUNCH themselves at this thing, often using the bed as a springboard to fly at the top perch, and a year later this thing has still held up despite their abuse. Of our two cat trees, this is their favorite by far.

I wasn't too hard to put together either, despite the "helpful" "construction" cats trying to "supervise".

Buccaneers of Caribbean #1 9-18-2012 (1 of the the Honest 200)

craigthom

quality posts: 73 Private Messages craigthom
tobakett wrote:Regarding Armarkat 62-Inch Cat Tree, Model B6203:

I have this exact model for my two cats who weigh 12 and 17 lbs last year for Christmas. They LAUNCH themselves at this thing, often using the bed as a springboard to fly at the top perch, and a year later this thing has still held up despite their abuse. Of our two cat trees, this is their favorite by far.

I wasn't too hard to put together either, despite the "helpful" "construction" cats trying to "supervise".

Thanks. In for one.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Fairly certain my cat would prefer the box this thing comes in to the actual item.

mathetria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mathetria

I have 2 Amarkat towers and both are excellent. Easy assembly, sturdy, and even my 16lb cat can perch on the very top of the 6' tower without being nervous or wobbling. I would recommend these towers to any cat owners.

anielkac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anielkac

The bad photoshop on the banner is *killing* me. Is that a strippers poll? I'm loving the hovering cat beds and futuristic reflections. Hilarious. Thank you, Woot.

ibexscribe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ibexscribe
tobakett wrote:Regarding Armarkat 62-Inch Cat Tree, Model B6203:

I also have one of these. My cat is 12.5 pounds and is none too gentle with it, but he loves the thing. My only complaint is that he's a dark haired cat who sheds like crazy, and the cat tree is covered in hair. On the other hand, though, I find less cat hair on the sofa, so maybe that's a key feature.

robbrewer13yahoocom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbrewer13yahoocom

Just bought one - it's not the most stable (on our carpet), nor the most quality constructed........but it is worth the price.

Jnieberd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Jnieberd

Hey Gang,

Are the tower's round parts wrapped with rope or carpet?

Thanks!

The Force is like Duct Tape: It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it binds the galaxy together.

jpheather

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jpheather
Jnieberd wrote:Hey Gang,

Thanks!

I would also like the answer to this question. My cats have totally shredded the current posts on their cat tree, which were carpet wrapped. The shredding activity is enthusiastically encouraged since it spares the rest of the household furnishings.

Ozru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ozru

Speaking of choosy, I'm choosy about verbs used in ad copy.

The verb "to lay" is transitive and takes a direct object, such as an egg.

The verb for placing oneself into, or continuing in, a horizontal position, is "to lie."

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

I'm thinking about buying 6501...

I want to buy all 3... We have a kitten (under a year)

She is insane. We found out after we got her that her breed is a savannah cat, known for climbing and jumping (also... fetching which is about the cutest thing ever)

She sleeps downstairs (in my Nerd room of course) and thought these in the back area of the room might distract her from making the "end-table to speaker, speaker to entertainment center, entertainment center to different speaker, different speaker to computer desk..."

We have an older cat too... and the tower in the living room is getting fought over.

I need to just buy the all of them... or learn to build them myself.

Sorry for the rant. (I've been away from forums for a long time... I don't remember rambling on etiquette)

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

mdoneil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdoneil
Jnieberd wrote:Hey Gang,

Thanks!

From the manufacturer's site it appears to be rope. Amazingly they sell replacement parts too so I don't have to screw around trying to put new rope on.

http://www.armarkat.com/products/Classic-Cat-Tree-B6802.html?revpage=3#reviews

heiroglyphica

quality posts: 2 Private Messages heiroglyphica

I also have the 62" tree. I've had it for around a year, and it's held up pretty well to the abuse of my 12lb boy and his smaller sister. The dangle toys that it included did not last long, with the elastic strings wearing out and being broken off.

The poles are covered in rope, yes. It's held up fairly well, with the expected fraying in highly-scratched spots. I will warn, the material, while also claw-worthy, is a fur magnet, so you'll want to clean it often or you'll have a nightmare trying to get all the fur from the crevices. The assembly was pretty easy, and the tree is quite stable. Occasional tightening is needed, but it really has held up quite well.

bigyellowdawgmom

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigyellowdawgmom
jpheather wrote:I would also like the answer to this question. My cats have totally shredded the current posts on their cat tree, which were carpet wrapped. The shredding activity is enthusiastically encouraged since it spares the rest of the household furnishings.

I bought two of these the last time these were in sale. Both models have sisal on the poles. Cats love them. Not too hard to put together but I do need to go back and tighten some of the bolts.

bigyellowdawgmom

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigyellowdawgmom
anielkac wrote:The bad photoshop on the banner is *killing* me. Is that a strippers poll? I'm loving the hovering cat beds and futuristic reflections. Hilarious. Thank you, Woot.

I am also very curious about the image. I what is she standing on? It loos so uncomfortable? I thought of the stripper pole thing they don't have some to stand on. Woot- what is that a picture of?

belltoes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages belltoes
Ozru wrote:Speaking of choosy, I'm choosy about verbs used in ad copy.

The verb "to lay" is transitive and takes a direct object, such as an egg.

The verb for placing oneself into, or continuing in, a horizontal position, is "to lie."

I'll forgive that. How about the color "ivoy" for the 68" model?

Thanks for all the posts on the sturdiness and confirming the posts are sisal (and replaceable! Cool!).

kkenfield

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kkenfield
bigyellowdawgmom wrote:I am also very curious about the image. I what is she standing on? It loos so uncomfortable? I thought of the stripper pole thing they don't have some to stand on. Woot- what is that a picture of?

Pretty sure it's supposed to be a bar stool with a footrest.

turtlegir1

quality posts: 34 Private Messages turtlegir1

I have the 65-inch version, and my 2 cats love it (all except the hammock section, which they never touch). My one cat likes to hide in the cone portion (it makes her look like a snail or hermit crab), and my younger cat (over 13 lbs) loves to sit on the very top perch. They are pretty rough with it, and it still looks good. The only thing is that the dangle toys got killed within a few months and can't be replaced. And it shows the fur (black cat + ivory cat tower = fail). But it is very sturdy, I've had it for over 2 years already!

CoffeeOnIce

quality posts: 11 Private Messages CoffeeOnIce

My cat has developed a fear of the last bed I bought for her on Woot. If I try to put her in it, she flips out.

So beware, it's possible that Woot is selling haunted cat beds.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 906 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CoffeeOnIce wrote:My cat has developed a fear of the last bed I bought for her on Woot. If I try to put her in it, she flips out.

So beware, it's possible that Woot is selling haunted cat beds.

Catnip spray is known to ward off evil cat ghost spirits.

minilop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minilop

Anyone else notice they spelled "Ivory" wrong?

craigthom

quality posts: 73 Private Messages craigthom
minilop wrote:Anyone else notice they spelled "Ivory" wrong?

Other than this message left a day before yours?

ThunderThighs

Staff

minilop wrote:Anyone else notice they spelled "Ivory" wrong?

We left it there to give y'all something to talk about.

skou

quality posts: 24 Private Messages skou
narquespamley wrote:Fairly certain my cat would prefer the box this thing comes in to the actual item.

Don't take this personally, but EVERY cat would prefer the box it came in.

Saw a picture that showed how to get one's cat to sleep in the $50 bed they just got. Put a shoe box in the bed. Works every time.

Yes I do. 4 2 boys, and 2 girls. All fixed. (The boys were, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it.")

steve

denzilkhine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denzilkhine

Has anyone received any update on the shipping yet?

ThunderThighs

Staff

denzilkhine wrote:Has anyone received any update on the shipping yet?

Howdy there. These are being shipped directly from the vendor and will ship out in 3-5 business days as stated in the sale. We had a holiday in there so that'll put a hitch in things. Looks like we're on the 5th business day so we're probably just waiting on tracking files.

In fact, I was able to find your tracking via Track by Reference.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

denzilkhine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denzilkhine
ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy there. These are being shipped directly from the vendor and will ship out in 3-5 business days as stated in the sale. We had a holiday in there so that'll put a hitch in things. Looks like we're on the 5th business day so we're probably just waiting on tracking files.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

Perfect. Thank you.

wwg3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwg3
denzilkhine wrote:Has anyone received any update on the shipping yet?

NO - just sent a note to support to find out if this is going to be a disappointment like the the "pet furniture" they were hawking a few months back - got a refund after waiting 6 weeks for that order and I ordered this on the 19th of December and am wondering when I might need to start asking for a refund on this order!!!

[MOD: I was able to find your tracking via Track by Reference. See my post above.]

DIDS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DIDS
ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy there. These are being shipped directly from the vendor and will ship out in 3-5 business days as stated in the sale. We had a holiday in there so that'll put a hitch in things. Looks like we're on the 5th business day so we're probably just waiting on tracking files.

When I tried tracking my like you said. It said not found. So does this mean I will not be receiving my order?

Thanks,

DIDS

ThunderThighs

Staff

DIDS wrote:When I tried tracking my like you said. It said not found. So does this mean I will not be receiving my order?

Thanks,

DIDS

Au contraire! I was able to find your order via track by reference just fine. I'll Private Message your tracking to you. Actually, it shows it was delivered today. Heh.

To view your private messages, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

DIDS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DIDS
ThunderThighs wrote:Au contraire! I was able to find your order via track by reference just fine. I'll Private Message your tracking to you. Actually, it shows it was delivered today. Heh.

To view your private messages, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

I found it when I got home from work. It was very easy to put together.

tpals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tpals

Still waiting here. Unfortunately I ordered two items so the reference number says it was delivered even though I haven't received the cat tree yet.

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

tpals wrote:Still waiting here. Unfortunately I ordered two items so the reference number says it was delivered even though I haven't received the cat tree yet.

I was able to check your order, and it looks like you ordered on 12/22. With the holiday thrown in, I'd say if you don't see any shipping info by Tuesday, there'd be cause for worry. Most items ship in 3-5 business days. Keep us updated.

tpals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tpals
manhandsha wrote:I was able to check your order, and it looks like you ordered on 12/22. With the holiday thrown in, I'd say if you don't see any shipping info by Tuesday, there'd be cause for worry. Most items ship in 3-5 business days. Keep us updated.

Got it. Funny that the tracking number email arrived after the cat tree.

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

tpals wrote:Got it. Funny that the tracking number email arrived after the cat tree.

Oddly, but more annoyingly, it happens. Glad your kitty's tree showed up, though. Happy Friday!

Soyle Mycelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Soyle Mycelf

Well, so far FedEx has delivered one cat bed, told me my address did not exist for the other, and lost the cat tree. They require me to go back to Woot to request a replacement shipment. Mind you, these were all part of the same order, so presumably would have the same delivery address when shipped. Woot support says it could be up to a week before they respond to my request. Y u make mai kitties cry, Woot?