Back to Amazon.com

WootBot


quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Adam Smith said, “It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest.” And, if he had lived in today’s world, he almost certainly would have added “erstwhile deal-a-day e-commerce subsidiaries” to that list. 

Which is all highfalutin preamble to saying that we’re raising the price of the Bag Of Crap by $2 and not improving the quality whatsoever

Although this is clearly a decision borne of pure capitalistic avarice, it was not one we made lightly nor without (what we thought was) good reason. 

  • We generally lose money on the Bags Of Crap. That’s fine with us for the most part. 
  • However, we have started losing a bit too much money to make our CFO entirely comfortable. This is due to a number of factors, but mostly because we don’t sell as many cheap little doodads as we used to, which means we don’t have as many of those to liquidate in the BOCs
  • We needed to either raise the price or reduce the quantity we sell. We opted for the former. 

 

We asked a select group of our most dedicated Wooters what they thought about the hypothetical price change, and they responded with a resounding “Um, yeah, sure.” We hope that you feel similarly. 

However, if you have strong feelings or concerns or off-topic rants you would like to share, we encourage you to air them in the comments, and we will address them as best we can. 

In conclusion, if you are one of those people who only read the last paragraph of things to get the TL;DR: The Bag of Crap now costs $5 + $5 shipping and is just as crappy as it always was. 

 

RebelTaz


quality posts: 42 Private Messages RebelTaz

OK... so where is today's. I'll give you a couple of extra bucks for one right now!

x51x2x2
... ...

shyxgrl


quality posts: 42 Private Messages shyxgrl
RebelTaz wrote:OK... so where is today's. I'll give you a couple of extra bucks for one right now!



I tried clicking all over this post to find a link! haha!

debraae


quality posts: 37 Private Messages debraae

tl;dr $5+$5 for a Bunch of Clipping Okay, I'm in. Now where's the Bunch of Clipping link?

hoffmanbike


quality posts: 7 Private Messages hoffmanbike

i'll give your two dollars today for a Bears over Cowboys tomorrow.

15 craps and counting.

jasonking0351


quality posts: 19 Private Messages jasonking0351

Order the Cleveland Browns Mystery Bag...that's gotta be a Bunch of Clipping

jjco


quality posts: 40 Private Messages jjco

crap....


wilcononomous


quality posts: 21 Private Messages wilcononomous

geeez... how much money could you possibly be losing. the last two bags were filled with throwback promo items from small businesses, (letter openers, cooziez, pen lights, calculators etc).
I miss the days where random was random and you might get some high priced swag along with a used toothbrush.

catgrrl


quality posts: 11 Private Messages catgrrl

How I long for the return of the Woot Glory Days of Cheap Little Doodads. Sansas. Leak Frogs. That kind of crap.

shortman


quality posts: 117 Private Messages shortman

It's about time the Bunch of Clipping kept up with inflation. I wish I was in charge of pricing of our services at my office. I think we aren't keeping up with inflation very well.

lordbowen


quality posts: 848 Private Messages lordbowen

$5 is still a good deal for Woot crap.

People who buy crap don't all have the same expectations. The price increase may stop some folks from trying for crap, but there will still never be enough crap for everyone who wants it. 'Cause, you know, CRAP!




peaceetc


quality posts: 73 Private Messages peaceetc

Oh noes, not two whole dollars! Let me express unreasonable displeasure at the slightly increased cost of something I don't have to buy! Let me also throw in how Woot has jumped the shark and that I will never be back.

There, now that I've posted the above, nobody else has to! I'm all about saving everyone time so they can earn another two dollars to buy future bags of crap.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

gti87


quality posts: 15 Private Messages gti87

Here's my 2 cents...

So without trying to sound like an A hole, let's just say that I have gotten my fair share of Bunch of Clipping s. Like....a LOT of them. I was addicted. Every one that came up, I HAD to win. And if I didn't, it bothered me for a day or two. Dumb, I know.

However, I have purposely not bought the last handful I have had the opportunity to. Why? Because they have went really, really crappy. Before anyone reads me back the crap commandments or tells me that they are suppose to be, save yourself the time. I completely understand this. But it was never a disappointment in the past like it has been very recently. I always got something that was worth the Bunch of Clipping price. At minimum, a Woot shirt of some sort. I've gotten bags worth hundreds in electronics or fashion pieces and some that were "crap" but still a value and at least fun. But this recent junk has been just beyond what I could handle paying $8 for, let alone $10. I have always been appreciative of the Bunch of Clipping s. But they started to make me sad, and that's not fun for anyone.

So I am content, for now, with sitting back and letting others get them. I will stalk the threads and when I notice the quality step back up to at least Woot sold products (again, I know its crap and there is no guarantee that it ever will) and not weird advertising junk, oh I'll be back to snagging them all! Like Gollum, they are my precious and will be mine. I still love you Woot, just taking a little break.

*and now that I have said this, I'm sure I'll cave at the next Bunch of Clipping I see. DAMN IMPULSE CONTROL!!!

** and please no one take this as another Rex Ryaning post. I am a very loyal Wooter and love all the fun and time the Woot staff puts into things for us!



shortman


quality posts: 117 Private Messages shortman
gti87 wrote:...
So I am content, for now, with sitting back and letting others get them. I will stalk the threads and when I notice the quality step back up to at least Woot sold products (again, I know its crap and there is no guarantee that it ever will) and not weird advertising junk, oh I'll be back to snagging them all! Like Gollum, they are my precious and will be mine. I still love you Woot, just taking a little break.

*and now that I have said this, I'm sure I'll cave at the next Bunch of Clipping I see. DAMN IMPULSE CONTROL!!!

** and please no one take this as another Rex Ryaning post. I am a very loyal Wooter and love all the fun and time the Woot staff puts into things for us!



You said that well! I wish I could stop clicking the big button when it comes up. I will try to lay off it, but no guarantees.

drummerguy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages drummerguy

my two cents as well..I realize that the good old days are gone but I'm like the long comment above ..I still look at woot a couple of times a week but the addiction ,and the dedication, and the fun and joy is gone for sure now it's all about college taught marketing, skills,, 1 page with 10 categories and 20 items in each category. Why not go to a store and just wade thru all that and find what you want.my first three Bunch of Clipping was well worth 50.00 - 100.00 and that was ran by a few guys that ..I think was to put a smile on peoples face and have a good time ..now it's just seems like a dorm room with 20 people living in it..I use to stay up at night literally drinking coffee for three days and enjoyed every minute, now it reminds me of the commercials on TV. Join now and get a free led pocket magnifying glass. When there making billions...technically it's biblical it's called GREED not really caring if your helping others have a good time.Anyway Just my feelings ..but to prove my point who really cares. And yes I remember the Leak Frogs and the Sansa mp3 players I got 5 in same Bunch of Clipping And a Roomba floor vacuum I got for 1 of my Bunch of Clipping still use today. Talking about fun. Wow no way that will ever happen again. The joy rides are over. Taking over by just show me the money!!I do love you woot but just sad to see the smile has been washed away. Keep it simple stu...bigger isn't always better

drummerguy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages drummerguy
gti87 wrote:Here's my 2 cents...

So without trying to sound like an A hole, let's just say that I have gotten my fair share of Bunch of Clipping s. Like....a LOT of them. I was addicted. Every one that came up, I HAD to win. And if I didn't, it bothered me for a day or two. Dumb, I know.

However, I have purposely not bought the last handful I have had the opportunity to. Why? Because they have went really, really crappy. Before anyone reads me back the crap commandments or tells me that they are suppose to be, save yourself the time. I completely understand this. But it was never a disappointment in the past like it has been very recently. I always got something that was worth the Bunch of Clipping price. At minimum, a Woot shirt of some sort. I've gotten bags worth hundreds in electronics or fashion pieces and some that were "crap" but still a value and at least fun. But this recent junk has been just beyond what I could handle paying $8 for, let alone $10. I have always been appreciative of the Bunch of Clipping s. But they started to make me sad, and that's not fun for anyone.

So I am content, for now, with sitting back and letting others get them. I will stalk the threads and when I notice the quality step back up to at least Woot sold products (again, I know its crap and there is no guarantee that it ever will) and not weird advertising junk, oh I'll be back to snagging them all! Like Gollum, they are my precious and will be mine. I still love you Woot, just taking a little break.

*and now that I have said this, I'm sure I'll cave at the next Bunch of Clipping I see. DAMN IMPULSE CONTROL!!!

** and please no one take this as another Rex Ryaning post. I am a very loyal Wooter and love all the fun and time the Woot staff puts into things for us!



Your not an A hole...you are right on it use to be so, simple one item a day and then a woot off out of the blue..gosh if I could turn back time ...we got enough wally worlds and insurance company's taking everything. Reminds me of a tent sale they just had regular price 40.00 on sale for 38.00..wow what a sale. When we all know they just write off the lost. Have a good day hope you win the lottery maybe than you won't go up on the price..lol

almax00


quality posts: 8 Private Messages almax00

it doesn't matter what the price is....i haven't been able to snag one in several years

dtungsten


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtungsten

“Um, yeah, sure.”

sellbuyer92


quality posts: 92 Private Messages sellbuyer92

I take it this doesn't change the crap commandments

TazoWolf


quality posts: 20 Private Messages TazoWolf

Please oh Please qualify me for a Bears over Cowboys somehow? I've gone into serious debt to get the service dog puppy I need, and will be traveling to Arizona this weekend to pick him or her up and bring him/her home. Guild Assistance Dog Partners (GAP Service Dogs) will be helping me train my puppy. This is the first good thing to happen to me in more than 3 years, for 3 years ago I nearly lost everything... my independence, my life, my home, my job... everything. I still face the consequences of the 9 spine fractures, the PTSD, and other injuries, and will face those consequences for the rest of my life.

Please, if anyone has figured out how to get this Bunch of Clipping help me? After 8 years of trying, I got my first in August. The Snowblower I got with the letter that came with it helped pay some of the expenses for my service dog puppy, but not all. For 3 years, I've felt like my life has been a burden to everyone, and had nearly lost hope.

The puppy I'm getting has restored my hope, but it's brought me far more, too. That hope is that I can finally begin to live again, instead of simply surviving... and sometimes barely at that. The puppy will be trained to assist with PTSD symptoms, physical therapy, and more.

When I'm better, I also hope to train my dog to scent cancer (they can detect it in the earliest stages and with high accuracy, see in Situ Foundation- Dogs Detect Cancer

I'm desperate. The other Bunch of Clipping helped with my down payment for the puppy. I'm not asking for handouts... except for help with a Bunch of Clipping which in turn may help my needs, help me get better. Help me help myself.

Here is a puppy from the litter:

ssquire


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssquire

So instead of $1 per crap it is now $1.66666666666... Ugh, math in the morning...

toddpalumbo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddpalumbo

Yeah, the $2 is meaningless. It was never the price of the crap that mattered. It's just the fun is gone from this site. I used to be a daily woot-a-holic. Now I check it very rarely. I must have felt the woot force to check today and see this post. I was up at Christmas again this year and would have paid $10, but alas no crap. That was the last time I checked this site actually. The Woot-Off's suck now. It's more like getting a $50 retail item that you can get at Newegg for $30, and here for $28 now. Plus woot shipping still sucks! The deals suck!

FrostByte


quality posts: 34 Private Messages FrostByte

Looks like I shouldn't have any trouble scoring my next bag!

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 91 wine 5 shirt 43 sellout 24 kids 33 hh 2 moofi 5 home 10 sport 22
electronics 5 pop 4 tools 4 a&w 10 computers 3 gourmet 2 total 263

badges

toddpalumbo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddpalumbo

Uhm yeah, just the fact alone that this post has been up for 7 hours and only 20 post speaks volumes. The mere mention of crap, and this post would be 1000's of pages long in the olds days.

FrostByte wrote:Looks like I shouldn't have any trouble scoring my next bag!



acraigl


quality posts: 232 Private Messages acraigl
TazoWolf wrote:Please oh Please qualify me for a Bears over Cowboys somehow? I've gone into serious debt to get the service dog puppy I need, and will be traveling to Arizona this weekend to pick him or her up and bring him/her home. Guild Assistance Dog Partners (GAP Service Dogs) will be helping me train my puppy. This is the first good thing to happen to me in more than 3 years, for 3 years ago I nearly lost everything... my independence, my life, my home, my job... everything. I still face the consequences of the 9 spine fractures, the PTSD, and other injuries, and will face those consequences for the rest of my life.

Please, if anyone has figured out how to get this Bunch of Clipping help me? After 8 years of trying, I got my first in August. The Snowblower I got with the letter that came with it helped pay some of the expenses for my service dog puppy, but not all. For 3 years, I've felt like my life has been a burden to everyone, and had nearly lost hope.

The puppy I'm getting has restored my hope, but it's brought me far more, too. That hope is that I can finally begin to live again, instead of simply surviving... and sometimes barely at that. The puppy will be trained to assist with PTSD symptoms, physical therapy, and more.

When I'm better, I also hope to train my dog to scent cancer (they can detect it in the earliest stages and with high accuracy, see in Situ Foundation- Dogs Detect Cancer

I'm desperate. The other Bunch of Clipping helped with my down payment for the puppy. I'm not asking for handouts... except for help with a Bunch of Clipping which in turn may help my needs, help me get better. Help me help myself.

Here is a puppy from the litter:



Hey Taz,

We all feel for you... and your openness about it speaks of bravery all on it's own. But you do know that high-value Bunch of Clipping are actually really rare, right? Just getting one will normally amount to Poo-dough, some folders and maybe, if you're lucky, a $30 watch or refurb jambox. Your windfall was EXTREMELY lucky and we were all pleased that happened to you.

All I'm saying is keep expectations in check -- you may be setting yourself up for some disappointment that is not really warranted.

Keep us up to date on the pup! We love hearing the progress.

VOTE >

lichme


quality posts: 3920 Private Messages lichme

-We generally lose money on the Bags Of Crap. That’s fine with us for the most part.
-However, we have started losing a bit too much money to make our CFO entirely comfortable. This is due to a number of factors, but mostly because we don’t sell as many cheap little doodads as we used to, which means we don’t have as many of those to liquidate in the Bunch of Clipping.
-We needed to either raise the price or reduce the quantity we sell. We opted for the former.



Or, you could sell more cheap little doodads!

I supported the price increase when it was being discussed. I'm not sure if the price bump will allow woot to sell the same # of bags, or is to allow more bags per sale. In previous discussion, it was brought up that it may allow the contents to be more random (not necessarily better). Either way, I normally get $10 worth of stuff in my craps. Even if it's not stuff I use, it's normally at least worth $10 to somebody.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

Momo83


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Momo83

Well, as long as you can promise it still has the same levels of crappiness....

kalee11


quality posts: 42 Private Messages kalee11
Momo83 wrote:Well, as long as you can promise it still has the same levels of crappiness....



I think that the crappiness of the Bears over Cowboys is not something they would ever take away from us.


steelersluver


quality posts: 0 Private Messages steelersluver

Meh... :-)


ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Momo83 wrote:Well, as long as you can promise it still has the same levels of crappiness....



Disappointing Wooters one crap at a time! --Wootbot


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

mossygreen


quality posts: 83 Private Messages mossygreen
toddpalumbo wrote:Uhm yeah, just the fact alone that this post has been up for 7 hours and only 20 post speaks volumes. The mere mention of crap, and this post would be 1000's of pages long in the olds days.


True, but it would be most complaining and vows to never shop here again.

dalejava


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalejava

LOL

steelersluver wrote:Meh... :-)



ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

steelersluver wrote:Meh... :-)




** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

aardwolf64


quality posts: 57 Private Messages aardwolf64
ThunderThighs wrote:



Be afraid... be very afraid:

x30

bestsportnascar


quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar

I keep seeing the Bunch of Clipping at the bottom of the screen when scrolling and get a little panicky trying to click fast and all I get is this lousy forum post.

$2 more is no bother. :-)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 98 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Hmmm......
I'll still try (and usually fail) to grab Bunch of Clipping
It's the 'smart post' shipping I don't like, the USPS slows/screws up shipments.

Go Hawks. Stomp those packers.

triplebud


quality posts: 2 Private Messages triplebud
steelersluver wrote:Meh... :-)


Exactly

bestsportnascar


quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar
daveinwarshington wrote:Hmmm......
I'll still try (and usually fail) to grab Bunch of Clipping
It's the 'smart post' shipping I don't like, the USPS slows/screws up shipments.

Go Hawks. Stomp those steelers.



Not sure which you might check.... so .... Packers?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 98 Private Messages daveinwarshington
bestsportnascar wrote:Not sure which you might check.... so .... Packers?



oops... still drinking morning coffee....
SEAHAWKS!!

gma61856


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gma61856

works for me!