Back to Amazon.com

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 33 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Thanksgiving 2016! Woooohoooo!!

You guys, I love Thanksgiving. It's my second favorite holiday. All the turkey, the potatoes, the festive gourds... It's pretty durn great.

It's also a pretty busy time for all of us here in the Woot offices. Long hours and lots of last minute changes keep us all on high alert till after December.

So, for this edition of Woot's Short Fiction Showdown I want to take it easy. I'd like everyone to share what they are thankful for in their lives this year.

I'm not going to pick a winner for this week, because I think we are all already winners. (Plus it seems weird to judge what people are thankful for against other things that people are thankful for.) But I'll mail a special holiday card to everyone who participates.

Happy Thanksgiving Wooters! I'm thankful for all the silly fun you have and all the kindness you show each other each day.

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

I am thankful for my great mom, my best friend (Bridezilla), and my crazy online Woot friends. I really look forward to checking in here every evening and knowing I can post a picture of a goat or a possum and no one will say I'm weird.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Nicaoidh

quality posts: 24 Private Messages Nicaoidh
hot72chev wrote:I really look forward to checking in here every evening and knowing I can post a picture of a goat or a possum and no one will say I'm weird.

Definitely no judgment for pictures of goats or possums! Around my place we are in the business of taking care of all our critters, domestic and wild, including a couple of possums who like to come around for any scraps the farm cats didn't finish up during the day!

I'm thankful for a happy home with the boyfriend and all our critters. Also thankful for my staff at work who have stuck with me through a lot of changes recently and who continue to do quality work for those we serve. Couldn't do it without them.

x20

peaceetc

quality posts: 75 Private Messages peaceetc

My mother died last year quite unexpectedly. She was my caregiver (I have health issues), and my best friend. It was a devastating time in a lot of ways, but I've found many things to be thankful for in the little more than a year since that happened.

I've reconnected with my brother and his family after years apart, and am now included in their holiday gatherings. I learned I have more friends than I knew, who helped me both emotionally and financially. And I found two very nice people who renovated their daylight basement into an apartment even though they barely knew me, so I would be able to stay in my hometown and not get shipped off to a group home. I just got back from a community dinner with them, and we've become good friends, which means more to me than I could say.

I'm also thankful for learning what to keep and what to let go, both people and material things.

It's been hard, but I've also learned a lot about myself in the process.

And, finally, I'm thankful for Woot and the people who frequent these forums. Oh, and that monkey purse TSH sent me -- I'm most thankful for that. I mean, it has googly eyes. That rocks.

Happy turkey day, everyone.

(Excuse the cat hair on it. There's cat hair on everything in my apartment.)

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar

I am thankful for the challenges this year has brought because it has driven me to a better place.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

I am thankful for all of my family and friends and woot! family who put up with my ridiculousness!

SO much more but I will leave it at that!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

bonmaytilley

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bonmaytilley

I'm thankful for so many things, my post would be long and maybe annoying. May I simply say I'm thankful? Super thankful.

peaceetc

bonmaytilley wrote:I'm thankful for so many things, my post would be long and maybe annoying. May I simply say I'm thankful? Super thankful.

I'm thankful you're still alive.

dgsiiinc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dgsiiinc

I'm thankful for so many things: my family, friends, job and health. Today I'm extra thankful for Athena, my dog.

A year ago, my family was fostering a particularly rambunctious puppy. She terrorized Athena and constantly chased her around the house. I came in with a double armload of groceries one afternoon, and insane foster pup chased Athena out the door, down the driveway, and into the road. My house is just off a highway. You might guess what happened next, so I'll spare you the details.

It's been exactly a year since Athena came home from the animal hospital with an uncertain prognosis. Today, she's fully recovered. You'd never know she had an all too close encounter with a car, and I'm thankful she's still here. Even when she takes up the whole bed.

x13
One of the Honest 200.

bonmaytilley

peaceetc wrote:I'm thankful you're still alive.

Lol! I'm thankful for you peace. Thanks for always being there to answer questions. And thank you for being transparent by sharing some of your story.

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell

I'm thankful that I will have all 3 of my boys here for the holidays. my oldest spent over a year in Japan last school year, and is hoping to head back to Japan (indefinitely) after graduation in May. I am cherishing this Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter with all of my boys home. holidays change so much when you first have kids, and then again once the kids are grown.

I am also thankful for a husband who indulges my love of concerts, woot, and pokemon go. he's a keeper. :D

cwolfpack3

quality posts: 50 Private Messages cwolfpack3

I'm thankful for my friends here on Woot, because any time, night or day, I can log in and find a post that lifts my spirits.

Our family has been blessed beyond measure in the past year with our involvement in Special Hockey. I'm humbled how our meager efforts have paid off in so many ways, especially when I see the grins on the faces of our hockey players as they skate out onto the ice on Sunday mornings. In one year, we've gone from a small beginning with 6 players to the 24 players we have registered this season. And more are coming weekly.

On various personal fronts, this year has had some big struggles, yet here we are. We made it through another one.

May all your tryptophan-induced dreams come true this week. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Badgeless by choice. I'm freee! Freeee!!

mdrcoast

quality posts: 63 Private Messages mdrcoast

I thought I had lost my Mon and thought about all the things I wished I had told her. Come to find out she is a touch cookie who can survive the impossible. So I got to say all those things. For that I am grateful.

cwolfpack3

quality posts: 50 Private Messages cwolfpack3
peaceetc wrote:I've reconnected with my brother and his family after years apart, and am now included in their holiday gatherings. I learned I have more friends than I knew, who helped me both emotionally and financially. And I found two very nice people who renovated their daylight basement into an apartment even though they barely knew me, so I would be able to stay in my hometown and not get shipped off to a group home.

I'm also thankful for learning what to keep and what to let go, both people and material things.

It's been hard, but I've also learned a lot about myself in the process.

Peace,

I'm thankful for YOU and for your sharing your journey with us. You've also strengthened my resolve to set up my three children so that they can remain living here in their community long after I'm gone.

God bless!

Badgeless by choice. I'm freee! Freeee!!

Slydon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Slydon

i am thankful for our great audience of posters who keep spending time with us. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

can't make a living as a bay man any more

peaceetc

bonmaytilley wrote:Lol! I'm thankful for you peace. Thanks for always being there to answer questions. And thank you for being transparent by sharing some of your story.

Thanks. It's not easy for me to talk about things like this, so I really appreciate your kind words.

peaceetc

cwolfpack3 wrote:Peace,

I'm thankful for YOU and for your sharing your journey with us. You've also strengthened my resolve to set up my three children so that they can remain living here in their community long after I'm gone.

God bless!

Thank you, Cindy. Planning ahead is very important. My mom thought she had more time... proof that we never really know what will happen tomorrow, so we need to embrace today.

peaceetc

Slydon wrote:i am thankful for our great audience of posters who keep spending time with us. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Happy turkey day to you, too, Scott.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I'm thankful for my wonderful wife, family, friends, enjoying another Thanksgiving feast, the best pets ever, good Scotch & beer and the blessings we've received.
Woot is fun & the mods and people posting are great.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

bsmith1

quality posts: 156 Private Messages bsmith1

I'm thankful for whatever circumstances resulted in me getting a premium buttermilk chicken sandwich at the mccdouble price.

bsmith1

quality posts: 156 Private Messages bsmith1
Slydon wrote:i am thankful for our great audience of posters who keep spending time with us. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I'm thankful you haven't bailed yet like those others who are dead to me now.

mick52

quality posts: 25 Private Messages mick52

i am thankful for lots... now that i type about it.....

i am thankful for....

my life in America.. i do not want to live in any other country. yes, we have our problems, but Americans also have more strength + kindness, than any other nation in the world. period. despite, all our diverse difficulties.
i am proud to be an American.

the losses in 2013, 14, 15 were tough years. i did not lose any of the remaining super important loved ones to me in 2016. i am so very thankful for that......

my husband, both sides of our kids ( although all in their 30's give us as much trouble as they do pleasure) all our grand kids!!!

my almost 16 year old grand daughter leah, who's a lot like me, is so easy to talk with and fun to be around!! lol

my best friend wendy of 35 years!!!!

all the animals i take care of, bring lots of responsibility, but so much joy and comfort....

the woot community including the woot staff and reading all the forums.... give's me lots of laughs and entertainment and education too!!!! most woot folks are compassionate and witty and funny!!!

alright, i am all mushed out now.

happy thanksgiving!!!! TaylorSwiftsHaircut, and all woot folks!!!

Slydon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Slydon
bsmith1 wrote:I'm thankful you haven't bailed yet like those others who are dead to me now.

I'm still friends with all of them, though! I had beers and watched soccer with Toon just last night and I was texting a Rutledge during the election. I'll also be seeing Manhands tomorrow. YOU NEVER ESCAPE WOOT

can't make a living as a bay man any more

pjr175

quality posts: 33 Private Messages pjr175

I am SO thankful for all the many blessings God has given me in my life!

I apologize in advance if this is a little deep...

After having 2 daughters, my wife developed a few diseases that caused her to struggle with infertility. We wanted a son soooo bad but over the next 11 years she suffered 6 miscarriages, so we decided to seek help from a fertility clinic. To make a long story short, we finally got our first son who is now 3. We decided to seek help from the same clinic to go for 1 more to give him a sibling around his age to grow up with. Well, he got 4...we ended up with BBBG quadruplets and the rest is history! Now we have 7 beautiful children! Sorry if this is TMI especially since I don't know any of you personally. I don't post much, but I just felt I had to take this opportunity because I am so thankful for my family, wife, children, friends, and life!

x30 = 319lbs

bonmaytilley

pjr175 wrote:I am SO thankful for all the many blessings God has given me in my life!

After having 2 daughters, my wife developed a few diseases that caused her to struggle with infertility. We wanted a son soooo bad but over the next 11 years she suffered 6 miscarriages, so we decided to seek help from a fertility clinic. To make a long story short, we finally got our first son who is now 3. We decided to seek help from the same clinic to go for 1 more to give him a sibling around his age to grow up with. Well, he got 4...we ended up with BBBG quadruplets and the rest is history! Now we have 7 beautiful children! Sorry if this is TMI especially since I don't know any of you personally. I don't post much, but I just felt I had to take this opportunity because I am so thankful for my family, wife, children, friends, and life!

That is awesome pjr! Congrats to you and your wife and thank you so much for sharing. Your children sure are cute.

connieh2007

quality posts: 13 Private Messages connieh2007

Wow, very wonderful and touching stories here. I am thankful for the woot community and the chance to engage in all it offers. I am thankful for family and friends who have made this past year so great. Looking forward to next year and all it offers up!

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

pjr175 wrote:I am SO thankful for all the many blessings God has given me in my life!

JACKPOT!

WOW!

What a great story. I wish for all good things always for your family.

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

kathleen1966

quality posts: 37 Private Messages kathleen1966

Thankful I made it to 50 when my expiration date as 37 to 38 years old...nice to wake up on the right side of the grass...even if I just have a window to look out of...I have crap to look forward to if I nail one this time...it's the closest to a christmas stocking like mom used to make...

#LoVE