Back to Amazon.com

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal



daveinwarshington wrote:Corndogs!



TOO FUNNY!

He left there after ten years because of the boss.
Went to International Paper, high voltage!! Three years, much closer 45 minutes as opposed to over one hour, but likes it better.

His old company called him back last year after old boss was demoted, they lost countless guys because of him.

Only two of my old coworkers came to lunch.
I cannot see me sitting and chatting with the other ladies, one is 100 years old, I worked with her daughter who was much older than me.
Not much in common with them. I could talk to the others all day.

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
mbspell wrote:still feeling exhausted here. luckily not too many other symptoms so far. but lots of green sicknesses.

because I feel blah I won't be mailing my crap exchange package until Friday.



So sorry you are still under the weather.
It is miserable to go to work and feel that way.

I had to many a day, I had a principal whose motto is well known here, “I would rather have a sick teacher, than a well substitute.”

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
marlenestclair wrote:Roknrandy worked in downhole drilling and mining machinery for 13 years then explosives transport....



Takes nerves of steel for that!
For both of you.

moles1138


quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
Calgaltoal wrote:So sorry you are still under the weather.
It is miserable to go to work and feel that way.

I had to many a day, I had a principal whose motto is well known here, “I would rather have a sick teacher, than a well substitute.”



When my brother taught Elementary he was always sick, Now that he is at the High School he is healthier.

From 1981 thru 1999 I worked thru sickness. Although nothing was ever really said, you always were made to feel bad if you didn't. You weren't that sick. Starting in 2000, we had a new owner and his policy is if you are sick we do not want to lose anyone else because you spread the germs. Stay home.

WoosterRooster


quality posts: 2 Private Messages WoosterRooster

Happy Wooster / Whiskers Wednesday Everyone!!

CLUCK CLUCK!!

I'm Wooster, the Woot Rooster

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
moles1138 wrote:When my brother taught Elementary he was always sick, Now that he is at the High School he is healthier.

From 1981 thru 1999 I worked thru sickness. Although nothing was ever really said, you always were made to feel bad if you didn't. You weren't that sick. Starting in 2000, we had a new owner and his policy is if you are sick we do not want to lose anyone else because you spread the germs. Stay home.



I stayed sick my first several years of teaching.
I think I grew immune through the years.
I have not had a cold or the flu in years.

One time I had the flu, caught it from a little girl I tried to take home but dad was not home.
I was single and living alone, the teachers brought me sackfuls of groceries every day.

This same principal called me and told me to stay home the rest of the week. He was like another dad to me, he and his wife would invite me to events. Super principal!
I wanted my students and assistants to stay home when sick. Goes through a whole class of little kids. Germicides have helped.

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

HAPPY WOOSTER/WHISKERS WEDNESDAY

kathleen1966


quality posts: 37 Private Messages kathleen1966
daveinwarshington wrote:Yes! I retired as a 'building mechanic', working on everything from piece-o-crap rentals to large commercial buildings and institutional (jails) buildings. Any building owned by the County Government I live in...

The jail was certainly interesting, learning the different low & high voltage locking systems along with everything else. I'd get a guard escort when near prisoners & I counted my tools twice before leaving an area.



Hubs loved working in the hotels but medical facilities are here to stay! My dad was like you and the hubs..could fix anything...another funny thing..my last job before I got pulled was the accountant for the county jail, and my office was housed above the jail!

The one rule of thumb I learned...love your maintenance and IT people!

x 3

#LoVE

kathleen1966


quality posts: 37 Private Messages kathleen1966

Good news...had my cancer screenings today and was a little worried...doc called...everything is still at cell level! Its not uh toomah! :::haappy dance::::

x 3

#LoVE

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kathleen1966 wrote:Good news...had my cancer screenings today and was a little worried...doc called...everything is still at cell level! Its not uh toomah! :::haappy dance::::


Woohoo!!!! Great news!


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

mbspell


quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell
marlenestclair wrote:do they rx ty 3 & 4 much anymore Mb?



we dispense a lot of tylenol 3



mbspell


quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell
daveinwarshington wrote:Oh... Well, whatever it is, I didn't sleep much last night...

You're handy to have around, mbs!!





mbspell


quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell
moles1138 wrote:When my brother taught Elementary he was always sick, Now that he is at the High School he is healthier.

From 1981 thru 1999 I worked thru sickness. Although nothing was ever really said, you always were made to feel bad if you didn't. You weren't that sick. Starting in 2000, we had a new owner and his policy is if you are sick we do not want to lose anyone else because you spread the germs. Stay home.



we have 2 full timers and 3 part timers (me, P and one who is actually full time at another store and works 1 shift/week for us). P is leaving in a couple weeks. so unless I am really sick, I go to work. otherwise they will be short staffed all day.

next month is going to suck. I don't want to work too much extra, december is crazy, and I really can't help much, but we are going to be very very understaffed.

it's tough because we're open 12 hours M-F and 8 hours Sat/Sun.



mbspell


quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell
kathleen1966 wrote:Good news...had my cancer screenings today and was a little worried...doc called...everything is still at cell level! Its not uh toomah! :::haappy dance::::



woo hoo! congrats, kathleen!



daveinwarshington


quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I listed a couple things on Ebay.

I revised & added a couple more pics to one.

It added another listing for the same item! SHIT! I'm scrambling to delete the old one that was up for 20 minutes. SHIT! Ebay HELP is useless as a cat doing housework. SHIT!

I finally got rid of one. Whew...

I need a beer...

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
kathleen1966 wrote:Good news...had my cancer screenings today and was a little worried...doc called...everything is still at cell level! Its not uh toomah! :::haappy dance::::

YES! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

So Cool, kat!!!!!

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
kathleen1966 wrote:Hubs loved working in the hotels but medical facilities are here to stay! My dad was like you and the hubs..could fix anything...another funny thing..my last job before I got pulled was the accountant for the county jail, and my office was housed above the jail!

The one rule of thumb I learned...love your maintenance and IT people!



We learned that at school too.
Same with the custodians, I always had great relationships with maintenance and custodians. It was easy, they were and are special people.

Great news about your screeening results!
WOO HOO!

marlenestclair


quality posts: 19 Private Messages marlenestclair
Calgaltoal wrote:Takes nerves of steel for that!
For both of you.



We never left for work without saying "I love you" because you never know...we still do that today even if I am just running to the dollar store LOL.

x17

marlenestclair


quality posts: 19 Private Messages marlenestclair
kathleen1966 wrote:Good news...had my cancer screenings today and was a little worried...doc called...everything is still at cell level! Its not uh toomah! :::haappy dance::::



WHOOHOO!!!! ::::dancin with Kath::::

x17

marlenestclair


quality posts: 19 Private Messages marlenestclair
daveinwarshington wrote:I listed a couple things on Ebay.

I revised & added a couple more pics to one.

It added another listing for the same item! SHIT! I'm scrambling to delete the old one that was up for 20 minutes. SHIT! Ebay HELP is useless as a cat doing housework. SHIT!

I finally got rid of one. Whew...

I need a beer...



Dave I sell on Ebay all the time, let me know if I can help you

x17

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
daveinwarshington wrote:Corndogs!



YEAH!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
kathleen1966 wrote:Good news...had my cancer screenings today and was a little worried...doc called...everything is still at cell level! Its not uh toomah! :::haappy dance::::



Wonderful news! I know that's a load off your mind. Time to celebrate!!!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
daveinwarshington wrote:I listed a couple things on Ebay.

I revised & added a couple more pics to one.

It added another listing for the same item! SHIT! I'm scrambling to delete the old one that was up for 20 minutes. SHIT! Ebay HELP is useless as a cat doing housework. SHIT!

I finally got rid of one. Whew...

I need a beer...



Shit. That's way too much work. You should raise the price on whatever is left.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
Calgaltoal wrote:We learned that at school too.
Same with the custodians, I always had great relationships with maintenance and custodians. It was easy, they were and are special people.



Well, let me add to the Maintenance Guy stories....my Late Boyfriend could fix ANYTHING and was in maintenance at the company I still work at.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
Calgaltoal wrote:Dave, the last time I took a pain pill, several years ago, I slept fitfully and could swear I was levitating off my bed, think I’ve said that before.
Will not take one again unless I just have too.



I find they have that effect on me often. Even a Benadryl or a sleep aid sometimes back fires. I like to stay pill free if I can. Maybe a tylenol for joint pain.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
mbspell wrote:still feeling exhausted here. luckily not too many other symptoms so far. but lots of green sicknesses.

because I feel blah I won't be mailing my crap exchange package until Friday.



You know, I'm not feeling 100% either. I just took an Airborne. I think maybe I'm just run down and tired.

The good news is, that I have 2-1/2 days vacation left and I am using them next week and getting The Whole Week Off! Imma get some REST!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
marlenestclair wrote:YOO CANNOT RESIST MAH CUTENESS!



I know! Nina is the cutest!

Wouldn't you love to see her and Calabama's Allie together?

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
sammydog01 wrote:I grew fennel this year to attract the swallowtails. Anyone know what I should do with it? It's still green- everything else is brown.



I think maybe you roast it? Ask the google.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

hot72chev


quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
daveinwarshington wrote:It's dark as night outside, raining & hailing like crazy. Looks like it snowed out there...
Don't worry, Wooster is OK.



That must be the storm I am hearing about, making its way across the country. Woo hoo.

Happy Wooster/Whiskers Wednesday!


x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
marlenestclair wrote:Dave I sell on Ebay all the time, let me know if I can help you

Thanks mar! I may need that help someday.

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
hot72chev wrote:I know! Nina is the cutest!

Wouldn't you love to see her and Calabama's Allie together?



I was thinking the same thing!
They would tire each other out.
Nina will be much bigger and thicker.

Dave would love her for this but she is getting spankings for going after the cats.

And don’t leave anything you like on the floor.

So glad you have the whole week off.
We worked into having the week off through the years.

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
hot72chev wrote:Well, let me add to the Maintenance Guy stories....my Late Boyfriend could fix ANYTHING and was in maintenance at the company I still work at.

Lots of us maintenance guys out there.

Really, it was like being home & fixing things, except it's 660 volt 3-phase power on a flat rooftop in the pouring rain... lol...

pooflady


quality posts: 30 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Woohoo!!!! Great news!



.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
hot72chev wrote:You know, I'm not feeling 100% either. I just took an Airborne. I think maybe I'm just run down and tired.

The good news is, that I have 2-1/2 days vacation left and I am using them next week and getting The Whole Week Off! Imma get some REST!

SHIT!!!


ALERT - ALERT - ALERT
All Greens!!! STOP what you're doing and take an Airborne RIGHT NOW!!!


pooflady


quality posts: 30 Private Messages pooflady
kathleen1966 wrote:Good news...had my cancer screenings today and was a little worried...doc called...everything is still at cell level! Its not uh toomah! :::haappy dance::::



Glad to hear.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

pooflady


quality posts: 30 Private Messages pooflady
hot72chev wrote:I find they have that effect on me often. Even a Benadryl or a sleep aid sometimes back fires. I like to stay pill free if I can. Maybe a tylenol for joint pain.



I took NyQuil once. I was wide awake most of the night. One of the possible side effects is excitability. Yep.

On the other hand, ibuprofen makes me sleep like a baby. I took two once and slept for six hours. Really lucky I didn't wet the bed.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

dafrogman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages dafrogman
moles1138 wrote:When my brother taught Elementary he was always sick, Now that he is at the High School he is healthier.

From 1981 thru 1999 I worked thru sickness. Although nothing was ever really said, you always were made to feel bad if you didn't. You weren't that sick. Starting in 2000, we had a new owner and his policy is if you are sick we do not want to lose anyone else because you spread the germs. Stay home.



It's funny how different the opinions can be on illness at work. It's a common source of conflict at my workplace. A couple years ago, we had a team of about a dozen taken out - infected by birthday treats. Got really nasty for a while.


Get well soon MBS and all. Glad to hear some are starting to pull out of it.

x12

dafrogman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages dafrogman
kathleen1966 wrote:Good news...had my cancer screenings today and was a little worried...doc called...everything is still at cell level! Its not uh toomah! :::haappy dance::::



Awesome news Kathleen!

x12

dafrogman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages dafrogman
Calgaltoal wrote:



LOL

Hey Calgal - you've got a pm!

x12