Back to Amazon.com

mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell



kathleen1966 wrote:No...just cancer ROFL! (joking about it and laughing helps me get through this mess, so feel free to razz me about it)

Had something weird happen and am feeling a lot better and that thing stopped but that thing presented itself as something that is impossible...so I gotta find out what the heck...the pressure n stuff are just about gone but have call into onc..and as usual...queue Jeopardy song....the wait for the call back...



how often do you get the chemo? it is monthly? and how long does it knock you out of commission?

I'm glad there is treatment to keep you going all this time, but I wish you felt better.



moles1138


quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
mbspell wrote:mr. cklun retires next week!

I am jealous. I am hoping to retire in a year or so. but mr. mbspell will not be so lucky.



Yeah. I've got a few years to go. Ready now.

mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
moles1138 wrote:Yeah. I've got a few years to go. Ready now.



so is he



mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
dafrogman wrote:Ahh... I was barking up the wrong tree. Sorry about that. Hope it all checks out ok. We're here for you.



hey, frogman! how are those eggs doing?



marlenestclair


quality posts: 17 Private Messages marlenestclair
hot72chev wrote:Second visit with the cataract doctor today. This one went much better. I took a visual field test which I believe convinced him I was telling the truth.

Surgery scheduled for April 13. Wish it could be sooner.

So happy and relieved that this problem is really going to be fixed! Maybe I'll be able to SEE!



Finally! Good luck!

x15


mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
marlenestclair wrote:Getting ready for guests..meal planning, fresh sheets, towels, laundry etc....



I forget, do they arrive tomorrow? or Friday?



Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
mbspell wrote:you got rid of glasses after cataract surgery? wow! I didn't think it made that much of an improvement!



Yes, it changes the lense back to normal so you are not nearsighted anymore.
I love not relying on glasses or contacts.
I do wear reading glasses.

Yes it is awesome after years of being nearly blind.
My son wears contacts, he took years to try them but really likes them.
I prolly would have done lasik if not for the cataracts.

My mother had to wear glasses in her late seventies after cateract surgery.
Hoping I won’t have to!

pooflady


quality posts: 28 Private Messages pooflady
hot72chev wrote:Second visit with the cataract doctor today. This one went much better. I took a visual field test which I believe convinced him I was telling the truth.

Surgery scheduled for April 13. Wish it could be sooner.

So happy and relieved that this problem is really going to be fixed! Maybe I'll be able to SEE!



Is that the same as what's called a peripheral vision test? You click a button when you see a little white dot? I hate that. Have it once a year. I tend to zone out. I had it yesterday because of glaucoma.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

marlenestclair


quality posts: 17 Private Messages marlenestclair
mbspell wrote:I forget, do they arrive tomorrow? or Friday?



tomorrow, leaving Sunday

x15


marlenestclair


quality posts: 17 Private Messages marlenestclair

i'm exhausted, nite greens!

x15


mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
marlenestclair wrote:tomorrow, leaving Sunday



perfect! long enough to catch up but not so long you are sick of them! lol



mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
Calgaltoal wrote:Yes, it changes the lense back to normal so you are not nearsighted anymore.
I love not relying on glasses or contacts.
I do wear reading glasses.

My mother had to wear glasses in her late seventies after cateract surgery.
Hoping I won’t have to!



ah. my parents only use reading glasses, so it didn't make as dramatic a change for them. must have been an amazing feeling for you!



mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell

shit.

these posts are all out of order again.



moles1138


quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
mbspell wrote:so is he



I've been with my company since '81...37 years. It's been nice working off site, but that's kinda gotten old too. The money's good. The hours are longer. I like the people I work with. Mostly.

pooflady


quality posts: 28 Private Messages pooflady
moles1138 wrote:Awesome! Mom had that done and was amazing how poor her vision had been.



Husband and mother-in-law both had both eyes done. Just needed reading glasses after that.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell

ah!! I posted after moles and it's showing before. CURSE YOU, TIME TRUCK!



mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
moles1138 wrote:I've been with my company since '81...37 years. It's been nice working off site, but that's kinda gotten old too. The money's good. The hours are longer. I like the people I work with. Mostly.



that's crazy these days. husband is lucky if he makes it 5 years with one company.



Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
mbspell wrote:I bet! you seem to be enjoying it



Yes, I love it!
Took me forty years to get tired of it!

Supposed to go tutor tomorrow but I am calling the school first, to check on the flu situation!


moles1138


quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
mbspell wrote:that's crazy these days. husband is lucky if he makes it 5 years with one company.



Probably could've made more money elsewhere but it wouldn't've been as stable. Was laid off once for 6 weeks in 2003. Worked on a project for someone and stayed up overnight to complete it. Made $1200. Not bad for a few days work. Then he paid me to work on a haunted house on his boss' property. That was an awesome few weeks at $10 an hour. But it wasn't anything stable. And then I got called back in and got a raise and started working OT for a few months. Been steady since.

mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
moles1138 wrote:Probably could've made more money elsewhere but it wouldn't've been as stable. Was laid off once for 6 weeks in 2003. Worked on a project for someone and stayed up overnight to complete it. Made $1200. Not bad for a few days work. Then he paid me to work on a haunted house on his boss' property. That was an awesome few weeks at $10 an hour. But it wasn't anything stable. And then I got called back in and got a raise and started working OT for a few months. Been steady since.



do you have like a 401 with them? I'm assuming as a contractor there is no pension (plus unless you work for the government in this day and age there is no pensions period).



Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

I spent all day taking my super dry tree down.

It is horrible, hard to get decos off.
Have a lot of glass ornaments, boxes and boxes.

Then taking off about 1400 lights from that tree has been maddening!
Needles, branches, everywhere.
Had to get it out, cold snap coming, will need a fire, one spark, POOF!

I had a fire last night but really watched everything and I can close the fireplace.

Ready to get everything but my winter decos down. I am usually later, guess coz I was working.

Don’t want this!

moles1138


quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
mbspell wrote:do you have like a 401 with them? I'm assuming as a contractor there is no pension (plus unless you work for the government in this day and age there is no pensions period).



I still work for my company. He gets paid by the company I'm at now. That's all they do. My boss writes my paycheck. I have a 401K with him. Health/vision/dental. Plus I get mileage for anything over what I'd normally drive (10 miles total) vs. 45 total to N.Canton. Apparently it works for everybody. I was first there (Feb. '14) for 6 months, back in the office for 8, and I've been back since March of '15. My coworker has been there since Jan.'14. As long as we are busy, we'll be there.
Weird arrangement

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
Calgaltoal wrote:I spent all day taking my super dry tree down.

It is horrible, hard to get decos off.
Have a lot of glass ornaments, boxes and boxes.

Then taking off about 1400 lights from that tree has been maddening!
Needles, branches, everywhere.
Had to get it out, cold snap coming, will need a fire, one spark, POOF!

I had a fire last night but really watched everything and I can close the fireplace.

Ready to get everything but my winter decos down. I am usually later, guess coz I was working.

Don’t want this!

Good thing it's down, if it was that dry.
Those dry trees are fire-bombs.

Using a fake tree for the first time in 40 yrs was kinda nice.

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
daveinwarshington wrote:Good thing it's down, if it was that dry.
Those dry trees are fire-bombs.

Using a fake tree for the first time in 40 yrs was kinda nice.



I use fake trees but always had my main one real.
I found one on line, not as big as I wanted but very pretty, ordered it.

They called next morning and told me the 1000 light was not available but the 500 is just as nice, yeah right.
I want a bigger one anyway and I like colored lights on that one.
I looked after Christmas but the really nice ones were gone.

mick52


quality posts: 23 Private Messages mick52
daveinwarshington wrote:Album & a Beer.


And a Fat Tire ale, toasting mbs that her day-from-hell is over.



weren't you posting a song from your album pick?? i liked that,
or i dreamed it... lol

went looking through all the so many greats songs, so many that i had forgotten!!! and it felt nice to remember them.







mick52


quality posts: 23 Private Messages mick52
mbspell wrote:so is he



us too.

we can't go to the most fabulous green moving to place, for a few years either!!!!!





mick52


quality posts: 23 Private Messages mick52

IT IS A GREAT GREEN BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!!!






mick52


quality posts: 23 Private Messages mick52





mick52


quality posts: 23 Private Messages mick52

wait for it.............






mick52


quality posts: 23 Private Messages mick52





mick52


quality posts: 23 Private Messages mick52

IT IS!!!!!!!!!





BIRTHDAY!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!





mick52


quality posts: 23 Private Messages mick52

i wish you a pretty enjoyable birthday POOFLADY!!! lol







moles1138


quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

This is how I feel

moles1138


quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POOF!

mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
moles1138 wrote:This is how I feel



yeah, I'm about to get back on the treadmill myself. sigh



mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell

happy birthday poof!



mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell

cklun's mom is in for surgery. send all your prayers, good thoughts, healing energy, well wishes, etc, etc.



mbspell


quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell

SHORTMAN - wondering if the mudslides are near you. check in and let us know you're ok!



daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
mick52 wrote:weren't you posting a song from your album pick?? i liked that,
or i dreamed it... lol

went looking through all the so many greats songs, so many that i had forgotten!!! and it felt nice to remember them.

I did post a song before, but just a few times. Maybe I'll post a song again occasionally.

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
mbspell wrote:cklun's mom is in for surgery. send all your prayers, good thoughts, healing energy, well wishes, etc, etc.

Extra prayers going to cklun-mom, cklun & her family that the surgery goes well.