Top 10% of Woot.com Woots
Top 7% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Stick Vacuum
Price: $409.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Jul 18 to Wednesday, Jul 19) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

picklgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picklgreen

Cheaper from the Dyson store on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272709732848

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

picklgreen wrote:Cheaper from the Dyson store on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272709732848

I'm seeing $429.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

iamis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages iamis

A person can own only so many TVs and vacuum cleaners.

laumiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laumiker
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm seeing $429.

it was $399 in the morning, see the purchase history:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=272709732848

xapis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xapis

Instead of taking a half hour to vacuum, Dyson cordless stick vacuum takes five or ten minutes. Nobody will trip over your long cords. Everyone will want to vacuum. You will never regret getting this beautiful thing.

Blitzonator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blitzonator

Considering I can fill my full-size bag-less vacuum in one room (2 furry dogs), this really expensive gimmick seems next to useless.

Still no Baboons on Crack...life is tragic.

studentsa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studentsa

whats going on with how few products there are on woot these days? the are so few events under all the categories and its been that way for some time.

frankns

quality posts: 5 Private Messages frankns
studentsa wrote:whats going on with how few products there are on woot these days? the are so few events under all the categories and its been that way for some time.

Boy ... that's a good question. Even the Anniversary sale was a yawner.

amparker1986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amparker1986

Are there animal attachments for this? Considering doing the handhelp, but with two animals in the house, it would be nice to help with the hair buildup.

dliidlii

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dliidlii

Dyson is a good vacuum but not worth the premium price you pay to cover their advertising expenses and outright greed. Highest profit margin in the business. However, you have to admire their success for getting rich off of tools. (vacuums not buyers)

bleedinggums

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bleedinggums

I have had one of these for four years. It is not worth the money. The battery does not stay charged, so it is never ready when you need it. The on-off trigger is incredibly balkie. I get mad at myself for spending the extra money on this every time I have to use it. Save yourself some money and buy a shark.

bobcam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobcam
frankns wrote:Boy ... that's a good question. Even the Anniversary sale was a yawner.

I've been underwhelmed as well.

jim25kj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jim25kj

I've got a small different model of one of these. Was on woot and refurb for 89.99 works great for small messes but I still pull out the big one for a weekly vacuum. Woot just doesn't have the deals like it used to. That or Amazon poached all the talent and deals for their own site. Amazon is more like woot everyday.

anb2700

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anb2700

Staff

amparker1986 wrote:Are there animal attachments for this? Considering doing the handhelp, but with two animals in the house, it would be nice to help with the hair buildup.

The Specs tab lists all the attachments. This is the best-of-the-best for Dyson so tons of attachments are included. They are: soft roller cleaner head, direct drive cleaner head, quick release mini motorized tool, quick release combo tool, quick release crevice tool, quick release mini soft dusting brush, and the docking station

maorsela

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maorsela

I bought the V6 a while back, and it's really just a gimmick. It makes an incredible amount of noise for such a small vacuum, the battery charge is good for ~6 minutes at full speed, and to be honest, the suction is underwhelming. I own a DC17 and a DC65 as well.
I paid $170 for the V6 with the car/boat kit (has many attachments except the long wand). The V8 @ $400+, ouch...
I guess progress is being made, but like previous posters, not sure if the performance justifies the asking price...

TheGorgon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheGorgon

I paid more than this when I bought mine new from Amazon. Having gone through a great many handhelds over the years, this is easily the best (and most expensive) one I've owned. I disagree with those who say it's not worth it. The convenience of this thing is what motivates me to clean when I otherwise wouldn't. In a house with two cats, it's been really vital. Easy to empty as well.

emblind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emblind
xapis wrote:Instead of taking a half hour to vacuum, Dyson cordless stick vacuum takes five or ten minutes. Nobody will trip over your long cords. Everyone will want to vacuum. You will never regret getting this beautiful thing.

5-10 minutes of suck still sucks more than no sucking at all. why pay good money for a carpet when you're pets can make one for you.

chefferz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefferz

Please never in your life buy a refurbished Dyson.

I purchased a very expensive one last year and they only come with a 6 month warranty, despite being repaired for a serious fault a month after purchase it just last week quit again.

Even though I was told that repairs are warrantied for an additional year, when I called Dyson to alert them that my $300 vacuum was broken for the same problem that it got repaired, I was told that repairs are only warrantied if paid for out of pocket.

In essence, no matter what, once the warranty period is over it's completely 100% done, even if your vacuum was repaired and had a reoccurring issue.. Spend the extra money and get the full warranty.

redspecial

quality posts: 6 Private Messages redspecial
iamis wrote:A person can own only so many TVs and vacuum cleaners.

Hey, look at that. You and TT are sporting EXACTLY the same hairdo! VERY stylish.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

redspecial wrote:Hey, look at that. You and TT are sporting EXACTLY the same hairdo! VERY stylish.

frankns as well. We visit the same hair stylist.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

robins1975

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robins1975
bleedinggums wrote: Save yourself some money and buy a shark.

My Sentiments EXACTLY!