PetalumaKid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PetalumaKid

The past few daily woot emails(four or five) that I have received have been blank (or nearly so).

I have changed nothing on my end (that I am aware of).

Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to read my emails.

Any (constructive) suggestions?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PetalumaKid wrote:The past few daily woot emails(four or five) that I have received have been blank (or nearly so).

I have changed nothing on my end (that I am aware of).

Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to read my emails.

Any (constructive) suggestions?

Outlook is probably blocking the pics. For me, I right click and choose download pictures.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

PetalumaKid

ThunderThighs wrote:Outlook is probably blocking the pics. For me, I right click and choose download pictures.

That option isn't offered, nor can I bring it up. Just on Woot emails!

corp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages corp

Almost the same thing for me. The items seem to be there but I have to scroll wayyyyyy right to see anything.
Using Windows live mail here.

wajeremy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

Gah, we should just give up this software development racket and make vegemite sandwiches for a living.

Taking a look but we might ping for more info if we can’t reproduce the issue on our gerbil-powered boxes.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

corp

MMMM... vegemite!

I could try forwarding the message to you. Let me know.

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

wajeremy wrote:Gah, we should just give up this software development racket and make vegemite sandwiches for a living.

I'm a little scared to try Vegemite....

cklun

quality posts: 41 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

manlapig wrote:I'm a little scared to try Vegemite....

DIP IT IN CHOCOLATE

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

PetalumaKid

corp wrote:Almost the same thing for me. The items seem to be there but I have to scroll wayyyyyy right to see anything.
Using Windows live mail here.

Same for me. Seems that the email is so large that my email viewer is only looking at the upper left corner. Scrolling to the right about 10 times allows the message to finally appear on my viewing screen. After scrolling to where the message finally appears, the width of the text now appears on my viewing screen as before. Why has WOOT made a change? Did they want some of us to work at reading their daily emails? Ensure that we are avid fans?

wajeremy

Staff

PetalumaKid wrote:Same for me. Seems that the email is so large that my email viewer is only looking at the upper left corner. Scrolling to the right about 10 times allows the message to finally appear on my viewing screen. After scrolling to where the message finally appears, the width of the text now appears on my viewing screen as before. Why has WOOT made a change? Did they want some of us to work at reading their daily emails? Ensure that we are avid fans?

I noticed that happens if you don't click the "Load Images" button if it's not loaded already (I have the same issue with a few sites). But we'll look into how to clean this up so it's less blurky (technical term).

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 96 Private Messages daveinwarshington
wajeremy wrote:I noticed that happens if you don't click the "Load Images" button if it's not loaded already (I have the same issue with a few sites). But we'll look into how to clean this up so it's less blurky (technical term).

Hey!
Don't try throwing those fancy schmancy technical terms at us like that!

egglady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egglady

My emails are blank. You are already one safe senders. The email is not too large like some have posted but completely blank except for a few headers. What's up?

wajeremy

Staff

egglady wrote:My emails are blank. You are already one safe senders. The email is not too large like some have posted but completely blank except for a few headers. What's up?

Sounds like a job for Slippy #checkwithslippy

corp

The latest email looked fine.

"Scary-Good Deals to Make You Woot Your Pants"

But the daily ones are still messed up. Hope this will help some!

wajeremy

Staff

corp wrote:The latest email looked fine.

"Scary-Good Deals to Make You Woot Your Pants"

But the daily ones are still messed up. Hope this will help some!

Thanks corp! Yeah it looks like it's something in the autoformatting of the daily digests. The newsletters are "hand crafted" so whatever is happening, it's probably related to that.

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn

Still not getting emails. Thank you ever so much!

wajeremy

Staff

therealjrn wrote:Still not getting emails. Thank you ever so much!

Do you want some? I mean I can handcraft some for ya.

therealjrn

wajeremy wrote:Do you want some? I mean I can handcraft some for ya.

stevnkrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevnkrn

Blank emails for me too. In order to see the emails I have to turn on
"Conversations" from the view menu in my email software. That allows me to view the Woot emails. I think it is the Mort and Monte section of the Woot emails that requires Conversations to be on to view the Woot Emails. Sadly, having Conversations on messes up some of my other emails so I just don't view the daily Woot emails anymore. Sorry Woot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

stevnkrn wrote:Blank emails for me too. In order to see the emails I have to turn on
"Conversations" from the view menu in my email software. That allows me to view the Woot emails. I think it is the Mort and Monte section of the Woot emails that requires Conversations to be on to view the Woot Emails. Sadly, having Conversations on messes up some of my other emails so I just don't view the daily Woot emails anymore. Sorry Woot.

We’re working hard to figure out what’s causing the problem. What email client? Mobile device or desktop?

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

I'm seeing the emails fine. Verizon, Mobile, Yahoo.

But why is Mortimer so big and Monte so small?

ThunderThighs

Staff

moles1138 wrote:I'm seeing the emails fine. Verizon, Mobile, Yahoo.

But why is Mortimer so big and Monte so small?

The cap makes Mortimer look bigger.

therealjrn

ThunderThighs wrote:The cap makes Mortimer look bigger.

I need to start wearing caps.

moles1138

ThunderThighs wrote:The cap makes Mortimer look bigger.

sure

ThunderThighs

Staff

moles1138 wrote:sure

Are you saying I'm lying???

kathleen1966

quality posts: 34 Private Messages kathleen1966

Yay! Seeing them again too!

#LoVE

drushebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drushebe

This has happened to me the last several weeks as well -- it appears to be blank and I need to do a zigzag scroll to see things. It's a shame -- I probably won't go to the trouble anymore.

ThunderThighs

Staff

drushebe wrote:This has happened to me the last several weeks as well -- it appears to be blank and I need to do a zigzag scroll to see things. It's a shame -- I probably won't go to the trouble anymore.

What email client are you using?

There's a bit of discussion here. We're still trying to zero in on the problem.

daned1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daned1

SOLVED! - Right-click on message. Select "mark as junk". Problem solved.

Dan

wajeremy

Staff

daned1 wrote:SOLVED! - Right-click on message. Select "mark as junk". Problem solved.

Aw. It's ok. We love you anyway, shade and all.

ThunderThighs

Staff

daned1 wrote:SOLVED! - Right-click on message. Select "mark as junk". Problem solved.

giantswede

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giantswede

I'm having the same trouble with blank Daily Digest emails. Using Windows 10 and Live Mail for my email client. I got sick of them so I unsubscribed. I resort to just going to the website to see the deals. Hope you can solve it someday....then I'll come back.

ThunderThighs

Staff

giantswede wrote:I'm having the same trouble with blank Daily Digest emails. Using Windows 10 and Live Mail for my email client. I got sick of them so I unsubscribed. I resort to just going to the website to see the deals. Hope you can solve it someday....then I'll come back.

Unforunately, it seems that Windows Live email is at end of life. Support was ended in January of this year. That means it's probably not getting updated features and security fixes.

We did switch to a new email system that gives us richer content in the email. It's likely that Windows Live can't handle it any longer.

Here's an article that talks about it and suggests some alternatives.
https://www.howtogeek.com/286552/how-to-replace-windows-essentials-2012-after-support-ends-in-january/

therealjrn

Your busted-ass forums are an embarrassment.

Is it really that hard?

You people need to lay off the games and maybe do a little work.

wajeremy

Staff

therealjrn wrote:Your busted-ass forums are an embarrassment.

Is it really that hard?

You people need to lay off the games and maybe do a little work.

It is really that hard. But you aren't wrong about them being busted-ass. But if you can pull my developers away from Super Mario Odyssey this weekend, you're a tougher person than I. That shit is addictive.

therealjrn

wajeremy wrote:It is really that hard. But you aren't wrong about them being busted-ass. But if you can pull my developers away from Super Mario Odyssey this weekend, you're a tougher person than I. That shit is addictive.

lol, not I sir, not I.

moles1138

Nice to see Monte back to the same size a Mortimer.

videoguy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages videoguy1

My daily emails have been blank for a few weeks now. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and running Windows 7.

ThunderThighs

Staff

videoguy1 wrote:My daily emails have been blank for a few weeks now. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and running Windows 7.

Outlook 2003 is past end of life has not gotten any updates or support since October 2014. That means that it's probably not supporting the latest html features.

From Microsoft

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 96 Private Messages daveinwarshington
videoguy1 wrote:My daily emails have been blank for a few weeks now. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and running Windows 7.

I had Outlook, switched to Google mail. It's so much better than that old Outlook program!