Top 6% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 3% of Woot.com Woots
Top 2% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

Timbo108

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Timbo108

Im assuming the Aviators have the G-15 lens? Not shown in specs.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 40 Private Messages billthegunowner

The last pair of sunglasses I bought I had for 3 days before I sat on them. Guess that's why I don't by expensive sunglasses.

Bill

stet

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stet

I'm not a fan of polarized lenses as they can make it difficult to see some screens and displays.

cassdysheila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cassdysheila

Are these men's sunglasses?

first2summit

quality posts: 16 Private Messages first2summit
cassdysheila wrote:Are these men's sunglasses?

Specs show unisex.

erodahs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages erodahs

Any idea what the lens on the aviators is made of? Is it glass or plastic?

wldmn500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wldmn500

are these guaranteed 100% authentic Ray-ban sunglasses?

don_mynack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages don_mynack

Do these actually ban rays, or is that just a rumor?

acm32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acm32

Staff

Timbo108 wrote:Im assuming the Aviators have the G-15 lens? Not shown in specs.

Yes! G-15 lens. We will update the specs!

johnt007871

quality posts: 13 Private Messages johnt007871
stet wrote:I'm not a fan of polarized lenses as they can make it difficult to see some screens and displays.

I am a fan because I like my eyesight.

sfitzsimmons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfitzsimmons
acm32 wrote:Yes! G-15 lens. We will update the specs!

So normally G-15 aren't polarized, but the title says polarized.

Which one is it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wldmn500 wrote:are these guaranteed 100% authentic Ray-ban sunglasses?

Yes, these are authentic.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

sfitzsimmons wrote:So normally G-15 aren't polarized, but the title says polarized.

Which one is it?

Per Ray-Ban the G-15 is polarized

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

wldmn500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wldmn500
ThunderThighs wrote:Per Ray-Ban the G-15 is polarized

sorry...one more question. do they come in a case or no?

aforrest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aforrest

got any more wayfarers in the back of the house?

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
sfitzsimmons wrote:So normally G-15 aren't polarized, but the title says polarized.

Which one is it?

They make a G-15 in both polarized and non-polarized. I got my first polarized G-15's over 10 years ago.

ThunderThighs

Staff

wldmn500 wrote:sorry...one more question. do they come in a case or no?

Yes, they come with a case.

ThunderThighs

Staff

aforrest wrote:got any more wayfarers in the back of the house?

Sorry. That's all we had.

dinkledort

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dinkledort
billthegunowner wrote:The last pair of sunglasses I bought I had for 3 days before I sat on them. Guess that's why I don't by expensive sunglasses.

Bingo - same here. That, and the fact that it's ridiculous to spend so much on a little plastic and metal. You can get decent polarized sunglasses at Walmart for like $20 or less that are comfortable, look great, and work just the same. Had my current pair for years and love them. (Actually it seems like the length of time I can hold onto a pair of sunglasses I like is inversely proportional to how much I spend on them.)

But if you're the type of person who's really concerned about appearances, have at it. Spend many times more and get the same glasses with that "authentic" little white logo. Then put them on your head right next to your Beats headphones. But be aware, there are plenty of people like me who see those logos and instead of being impressed just think, sucker.

dinkledort

stet wrote:I'm not a fan of polarized lenses as they can make it difficult to see some screens and displays.

True, but for driving there's nothing better. They eliminate most of the windshield glare, reflection of the dashboard. If you sit behind the wheel on a sunny day with a pair of each kind to compare you'll see what I mean. On any bright day, a driver wearing polarized lenses can see much better than one who's not.

aforrest

dinkledort wrote:Bingo - same here. That, and the fact that it's ridiculous to spend so much on a little plastic and metal. You can get decent polarized sunglasses at Walmart for like $20 or less that are comfortable, look great, and work just the same. Had my current pair for years and love them. (Actually it seems like the length of time I can hold onto a pair of sunglasses I like is inversely proportional to how much I spend on them.)

But if you're the type of person who's really concerned about appearances, have at it. Spend many times more and get the same glasses with that "authentic" little white logo. Then put them on your head right next to your Beats headphones. But be aware, there are plenty of people like me who see those logos and instead of being impressed just think, sucker.

well this was quite judgey.

besides that, there really is no other optical feeling than a brand new box-fresh pair of nice sunglasses. the clarity and contrast is unbeatable. it just sounds like you've never had a good pair or are unable to perceive the difference. and isn't perception everything?

I couldn't care less about the logo, they could be blanks. it's about the clarity and my eyes can tell.

dinkledort

aforrest wrote:well this was quite judgey.

besides that, there really is no other optical feeling than a brand new box-fresh pair of nice sunglasses. the clarity and contrast is unbeatable. it just sounds like you've never had a good pair or are unable to perceive the difference. and isn't perception everything?

I couldn't care less about the logo, they could be blanks. it's about the clarity and my eyes can tell.

I'm sure they can. Just like organic produce buyers are certain it tastes way more fresh and people who buy $50 bottles of wine are certain it's better than the $10 kind. As long as you're satisfied, that's the important thing. Yet somehow the very fact that you're all so certain increases my satisfaction in paying a fraction as much. So everybody wins!

dinkledort

aforrest wrote:well this was quite judgey.

And sure it’s judgey, but I’m ok with that considering it’s an attempt to save people from throwing money away. I’ve tried logic plenty and know it doesn’t work, so maybe shame? Just drives me crazy to see companies get away with outrageous mark-ups bases on outright lies (Monster Cable) or almost as bad, image (Ray-ban, Oakley, Beats, etc.)

http://business.time.com/2010/07/15/how-fat-is-the-markup-on-designer-sunglasses/

bigtown88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigtown88

What's the warranty as far as returning them if I don't like the way they look on me?

UPDATE: Found the answer.

frenat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frenat
dinkledort wrote:And sure it’s judgey, but I’m ok with that considering it’s an attempt to save people from throwing money away. I’ve tried logic plenty and know it doesn’t work, so maybe shame? Just drives me crazy to see companies get away with outrageous mark-ups bases on outright lies (Monster Cable) or almost as bad, image (Ray-ban, Oakley, Beats, etc.)

http://business.time.com/2010/07/15/how-fat-is-the-markup-on-designer-sunglasses/

Yep. Ray-Bans used to be cheap. When Luxottica bought the brand in 1999 they quintupled the price. So nice how Luxottica owns 80% of the glasses and sunglasses brands and almost all the stores. [/sarcasm]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAeHuDcy_bY

OpenPro32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenPro32

What is the model number for the Aviators in gunmetal? 0rb3025?

sentry360

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentry360
erodahs wrote:Any idea what the lens on the aviators is made of? Is it glass or plastic?

I am also wondering about this. Sucks that no-one answered you.

aforrest

dinkledort wrote:I'm sure they can. Just like organic produce buyers are certain it tastes way more fresh and people who buy $50 bottles of wine are certain it's better than the $10 kind. As long as you're satisfied, that's the important thing. Yet somehow the very fact that you're all so certain increases my satisfaction in paying a fraction as much. So everybody wins!

I get that there's a markup but you're acting like there is no measureable difference. I just bought a pair of cheap sunglasses for the beach and the difference is obvious.

The transmission of light through differing quality mediums is something that can be measured and tested. A higher quality lens will provide a higher quality image because of the quality of the transmission of light. This isn't a matter of taste such as your food and wine reference.

I don't have studies or metrics to reference comparing RayBan to Walmart and I can tell from your condescending internet persona that you're going to scoff at that fact. Enjoy the scoff.