WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you spend time with your extended family outside of major holidays and events?
  • 15.5% - Yeah, I see them all the time 52
  • 52.8% - No, we don't get together very often 177
  • 28.1% - Eh, I see them enough- but not too much 94
  • 3.6% - I wish I saw them less 12
335 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mainmchc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mainmchc

Not enough, I live on the other side of the country... (Went Army, then stayed near first duty station)

PocketBrain

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PocketBrain

We're all East-coast thus far, so every major holiday plus some minor holidays and sometimes just because, we get the family together.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

I see them randomly during the year and over the holidays. It isn't that bad, but sometimes they do get on one's nerves.

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158

I'm one of 6 living siblings. I can afford to pick and choose which ones I see.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

I see my parents and brother frequently. We all live within 10 miles. Cousins, Aunts, and Uncles...most are far flung and we see each other occasionally.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

No, sadly just for funerals.
It is sad because we were all so close growing up, spending Thanksgiving and Christmas together and there in between.
I have one aunt and her husband left and cousins.
When my grandmother died, gatherings lessened.
When the first of the sibs died, they ended.

HomerTime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HomerTime

On one side of the family, I consistently hear things like this:
- Tell me about your summer vacation
- Are you still working the same job?
- Kids doing okay?
- Seen any good movies lately?
- Lets play a board game or cards
- The kids and I are going outside to throw the football around, want to join us?

The other side of the family, I constantly hear this:
- Trump is easily the best President in history. I am sick and tired of fake news bashing him

For some reason, I wind up seeing the latter group every other month or so, the former group, about once a year.

therubbrduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therubbrduck

see her family once or twice a year... FAR too often

Mine, they're mostly local and I could see them more but it tends to be when my brother is in town we all get together otherwise just for holidays.

CatCK

quality posts: 86 Private Messages CatCK

What are you considering "extended family"?

If you're talking parents - I see them every week because my siblings and I are their caregivers and we have our assigned 'shifts'.

If you're talking siblings - if I'm not seeing them, I'm at least texting them - often about the parents and the before-mentioned caregiving.

If you're talking cousins/aunts/uncles - yeah, that's just special events or when they come to visit. I don't often get a chance to visit them.

If you're talking about spouse and children - don't have either.